HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
URGENT
Posted by: NWS ()
Date: February 05, 2010 03:32PM

NWS now saying 24-36".
------

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admistration (NOAA) Administrator Dr. Jane Lubchenco has released the following statement:

An epic snowstorm has the mid-Atlantic region in its cross hairs. At this time, personal safety must be first and foremost. National Weather Service forecasters have been tracking this storm for the past week and now that the storm is here it must be taken very seriously.
Chris Strong, Warning Coordination Meteorologist for the NOAA's National Weather Service (NWS) Office in Sterling, Va. just emailed CWG and other media outlets the following note:

Our media partners,

If you would, please ensure these points get some airtime. Tonight into Saturday morning will be about as dangerous as winter weather can get around here. Thank you.

Chris Strong
NWS Baltimore/Washington

IMPORTANT SAFETY TIPS FROM NWS

1. ENSURE PORTABLE GENERATORS ARE ADEQUATELY VENTILATED.

2. TRAVEL CONDITIONS TONIGHT ACROSS THE REGION WILL BE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND LIFE THREATENING. HELP YOUR LOCAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT FIRST RESPONDERS AND TRANSPORTATION AGENCIES BY STAYING OFF ROADS LATER THIS EVENING AND TONIGHT.

Keep reading for critical safety information...

3. FOLLOW LOCAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT EMERGENCY DECLARATION ORDERS. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY ... DO NOT TRAVEL ALONE. LET SOMEONE KNOW YOUR TIMETABLE AND YOUR PRIMARY AND ALTERNATE ROUTES. CARRY WITH YOU A WINTER STORM SURVIVAL KIT WHICH INCLUDES A MOBILE PHONE ... BLANKETS ... FLASHLIGHT WITH EXTRA BATTERIES ... HIGH CALORIE NON-PERISHABLE FOOD AND WATER ... AND A SHOVEL.

4. IF YOU GET STRANDED IN YOUR VEHICLE...DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR TO TRY TO WALK FOR ASSISTANCE ...YOU CAN QUICKLY BECOME DISORIENTED IN WIND DRIVEN SNOW AND COLD.

5. AVOID OVEREXERTION WHEN SHOVELING SNOW. BREAK THE SHOVELING DOWN INTO SMALLER JOBS AND TAKE FREQUENT BREAKS.

6. IN CASE OF POWER SUPPLY DISRUPTIONS...HAVE AVAILABLE FLASH LIGHTS WITH EXTRA BATTERIES ... EXTRA FOOD AND WATER...EXTRA MEDICINES.

7. ENSURE ANY PETS AND FARM ANIMALS HAVE PLENTY OF WATER ... FOOD ... AND SHELTER.

8. THE KEY TO GETTING THROUGH THIS IS WITH ADVANCE PLANNING AND BEING AWARE OF CURRENT CONDITIONS. THIS STORM WILL BE WINDING DOWN EARLY SATURDAY EVENING ... SO DO YOUR PART AND LET YOUR LOCAL AND STATE GOVERNMENTS RESTORE ROADWAYS TO NORMAL CONDITIONS BY STAYING AT HOME.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: URGENT
Posted by: crying ()
Date: February 05, 2010 07:09PM

Great, post this now that people can't get to the stores to buy batteries WHY OH WHY?

Posted by: HoneyPot ()
Date: February 05, 2010 07:12PM

WTF? When did this shite happen? I've only got half a roll of TP and no milk. Shite, I am in deep shite. And I don't have a motherforking shovel to save my ass. Any suggestions for home made shovel?

Posted by: Frank Zappa ()
Date: February 05, 2010 07:25PM

Drink lots of coffee and beer, and gradually piss your way out of your driveway!

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 05, 2010 07:47PM

Fuccckkkkkkkkkk, only 2 rolls of shit paper left and its only fridayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:15PM

I just finished drinking 6 beers out of my 12 pack...Oh Noez!

Posted by: Cottonnelle ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:19PM

I've got a 12-pak of Angel Soft double rolls I'll sell you for $75! best price around.

Posted by: Junk for your Junk ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:23PM

You could use your junk mail to wipe your ass fuck 75 dollars for ANGEL SOFT!!!

Posted by: Have a Tractor/Snow blower ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:41PM

how about a trash can? or a really big spoon?

Posted by: Bah! ()
Date: February 05, 2010 11:09PM

Toilet paper is for wimps! Be a man!
Attachments:
chuck_norris_toilet_paper.jpg

Posted by: .damn. ()
Date: February 06, 2023 04:15AM

Bah! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Toilet paper is for wimps! Be a man!

Damn..

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.