HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Marie Lemmon, Principal at Baileys sued by 4 people
Posted by: matt 76712 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 08:53PM

From the Washington Post Article:

"The administration’s attorneys say that “rude, abrupt, and arrogant” behavior does not necessarily support an employee’s claims of a hostile work environment, citing previous legal precedent.

Why would the school system believe it would be okay to be rude, abrupt and arrogant?

Is this what we have come to accept as being okay? In my opinion, this would make for a hostile work environment anywhere else, so why is it okay in an elementary school?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: johnsonsmith ()
Date: October 30, 2014 09:04PM

Couldn't agree with you more Matt. It is not okay and can not be ignored. Why does this person get away with this behavior? In my opinion, they all but admit that she is rude, abrupt and arrogant based on the quote from the post. And, is that not a hostile work environment? OMG .

Posted by: Rude ain't discrimination ()
Date: October 30, 2014 11:31PM

What an idiot. Did an attorney even file this case?

Doubtful if they sued the wrong entity.

Told ya this was going nowhere and would be thrown out.

Posted by: TBT ()
Date: October 31, 2014 05:47AM

"The administration’s attorneys say that “rude, abrupt, and arrogant” behavior does not necessarily support an employee’s claims of a hostile work environment, citing previous legal precedent."

This is true. Some administrators think they have been deified when they are promoted. They think it is fine to refer to teachers as "my people" and make outrageous demands on their time. The good admins never forget what it was like to be in front of the classroom, because they are at heart good people. FCPS should do more to weed out RUDE, ABRUPT and ARROGANT admins in schools and send them to Gatehouse. Fact is the failed admins are never, ever fired unless they make the mistake to rob the till!

Posted by: Missing Paragraphs ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:13PM

Interestingly the last portion of the Post article was NOT included in the above post:
"But the teachers claim that she made disparaging remarks in their presence. Charlton alleges that Lemmon said that women should not breast-feed because “we do not live in a third-world country like Africa,” according to the lawsuit.

The administration’s attorneys say that “RUDE, ABRUPT, AND ARROGANT" BEHAVIOR behavior does not necessarily support an employee’s claims of a hostile work environment, citing previous legal precedent. The lawyers also point out that Charlton was offered the opportunity to transfer from Bailey’s and declined.

That conduct is hardly consistent with a severe and pervasive” hostile work environment, the school system’s attorneys argued in their motion."

"RUDE, ABRUPT, AND ARROGANT" BEHAVIORis the norm of the principal. Regardless of the lawsuit, such behavior is unacceptable in a professional workplace and DOES support the claim of a hostile work environment. Just ask anyone (other than the administration) who works or sends their children to the school. FCPS should do something to help improve the atmosphere at the school.

Posted by: Missing Section ()
Date: October 31, 2014 07:09PM

Interestingly the last portion of the Post article was NOT included in the above post:
"But the teachers claim that she made disparaging remarks in their presence. Charlton alleges that Lemmon said that women should not breast-feed because “we do not live in a third-world country like Africa,” according to the lawsuit.

The administration’s attorneys say that “RUDE, ABRUPT, AND ARROGANT" BEHAVIOR behavior does not necessarily support an employee’s claims of a hostile work environment, citing previous legal precedent. The lawyers also point out that Charlton was offered the opportunity to transfer from Bailey’s and declined.

That conduct is hardly consistent with a severe and pervasive” hostile work environment, the school system’s attorneys argued in their motion."

"RUDE, ABRUPT, AND ARROGANT" BEHAVIORis the norm of the principal. Regardless of the lawsuit, such behavior is unacceptable in a professional workplace and DOES support the claim of a hostile work environment. Just ask anyone (other than the administration) who works or sends their children to the school. FCPS should do something to help improve the atmosphere at the school.

Posted by: Booorrrrriiiinnnnng ()
Date: October 31, 2014 10:00PM

This should never have received any attention in the press.

Whole lotta nothing.

Posted by: vCPH7 ()
Date: November 02, 2014 05:33PM

dc niggers run dc and they got there by mob activity and lawsuits

they don't run fairfax

and they can't use a fed court to sue fairfax to force fairfax to hire foreigners and dc niggas - who already have more than their share

not that i believe the story for a fucking second. democrats are running wild builiding luxury homes buying asian luxury cars

that they'd "have to sue to get work at FCPS" is total crap

infact a few days ago i saw an elementary with parking lot full HOURS AFTER THE KIDS HAD GONE HOME

i only ever see fucking foreigners outside working getting gov pay, garza all over that shit

all of those gov workers at the school? probably more of them than there are students? all getting paid?

when i was young schools were empty except maybe a janitor after hourse, parking lots empty

the there's the fucking park system. when i was a kid if you saw a sign or a bench it had "donated by" at the bottom. the fucking foreigners are spending millions on "the park" (bullshit, it's trees) and hiring foreigners and such - it's a fucking scam - the whole damn park system - a fucking democrat fast track for making illegals wealthy - for a reason. it's not for luck you know it.

it's all asbout the fucking money.

Posted by: v3UCP ()
Date: November 02, 2014 05:33PM

republicans are suffering from $8T of democrats printing
their way into power. which used to come with a death
penalty mind you.

(8 10^12)/((256 10^6)/4

($125,000) per citizen owed by "our dear gov family yr 2000's"

Owed. is it any wonder law suits are demanding it ? not a single.

(per citizen that isn't a gov worker or is in a family of abusive
non-sharing gov workers or profiting largely off insider gov)
(legal citizens). a conservative est. of disparity yet appauling
before a real count.

busch and clinton began with debt and spent allot too: yes. to the
tune of $8 trillion more, 8x more, than than their predecessor ? NO

Posted by: lookslikeudontknowshit ()
Date: November 05, 2014 05:34PM

Posted by: lemmon parade ()
Date: November 05, 2014 05:55PM

Starting to like Lemmon more and more. Sounds like she wasn't afraid to tell off Jews and minorities who didn't do their jobs well. I'm sure it was a shock to them and that they thought they were beyond criticism as "protected classes." Way to go, Marie!

Posted by: "protected?" ()
Date: November 05, 2014 07:07PM

^Criticizing someone for breast feeding isn't really a way to tell someone that they aren't doing their job. At the very least, Ms. Lemmon was using some kind of cryptic messaging system.

Ms Lemmon sounds like she's in a protected class of her very own.

Posted by: Seriously FCPS? ()
Date: November 05, 2014 10:16PM

OMGoodness, four more people? Why hasn't she been removed from this role until all of this is sorted out? Very disappointing that more action hasn't been taken by the school division.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/new-filings-claim-more-discrimination-under-fairfax-principal/2014/11/05/f29ed878-6518-11e4-bb14-4cfea1e742d5_story.html

Posted by: MoreDiscrimination ()
Date: November 05, 2014 10:26PM

Well, there is more people finding courage to come out against this principal. Washington Post says more have filed documents claiming the same type of behavior.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/new-filings-claim-more-discrimination-under-fairfax-principal/2014/11/05/f29ed878-6518-11e4-bb14-4cfea1e742d5_story.html

Posted by: FCPS, Really? ()
Date: November 05, 2014 10:37PM

From the Washington Post:

Kathi Newman, who is Jewish, alleges she lost her job at Bailey’s as a speech pathologist because of her religious beliefs. Robin Rubio, who taught world languages in 2007 under Lemmon when she was principal at Mount Vernon Woods Elementary, said that she was “routinely condescending and rude.”

Rubio wrote that “the harassment became so intense it was affecting my health and my neurologist wrote a recommendation that I be moved to another school.”

And there is more. You have to be kidding me.

She's gotta go.

Posted by: Mean girls ()
Date: November 07, 2014 08:20PM

You girls need to grow a pair.

Try working in a real job where 90 percent of bosses are assholes.

Posted by: Pure Saddness ()
Date: November 08, 2014 02:14PM

People who only can use negative language "N" word are just the kind of people this world needs more of, NOT. Professional and educated people are writing about their lives being torn apart and their health ruined. Your answe in the "N" word. I truly hope you are not educting my child at Baileys. Get some balls and work in the real world, they are. The world doesn't consist only of balls the way you would have it be. People grow up and realize ther are people like this and children suffer. There is no place for people like this working in the public, she needs help!

Posted by: E4X77 ()
Date: November 08, 2014 03:03PM

the suits are a scam being run by annandale asians, mexians, Dc niggas

once they force their way in under the fein of being mistreated (actaully they get allot (housing etc while having no money) and never pay out welfare (now that they obama have jobs: they never give any charity back they had got))

they get a management position, fire all the whites, begine ordering only imports and foreigners

it's a fucking scam. i warned you.

Posted by: Too funny! ()
Date: January 17, 2015 08:32AM

Then you are in the 1% that like her. I worked at Hybla Valley when she was an AP and she was mean-spirited then, and we learned that at Mt. Vernon she got test scores up by having a new hire comb the records and get rid of every failing child whose family couldn't prove residence (i.e., illegal or homeless). She's a bully, plain and simple.

Posted by: lets make a deal ()
Date: January 17, 2015 08:58AM

if Mare Mare squeezes my lemon she can stay

Posted by: Go, Sister ()
Date: January 17, 2015 02:00PM

Too funny! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then you are in the 1% that like her. I worked at
> Hybla Valley when she was an AP and she was
> mean-spirited then, and we learned that at Mt.
> Vernon she got test scores up by having a new hire
> comb the records and get rid of every failing
> child whose family couldn't prove residence (i.e.,
> illegal or homeless). She's a bully, plain and
> simple.

I'd hire her if she could get rid of every child in FCPS whose family couldn't prove residence. Save us a lot of money.

Posted by: karmaaaaa ()
Date: January 18, 2015 01:25AM

New hearings in February. http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20141230/NEWS/141239927/discrimination-lawsuit-against-bailey-x2019-s-principal-moves-forward&template=fairfaxTimes

As Longfellow said.....

"Though the mills of God grind slowly;
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience he stands waiting,
With exactness grinds he all."

Posted by: vnkKm ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:36AM

concerned sibling Wrote:
> I am the older sister of a student at Principal
> Lemmon's previous school. I am of Hispanic
> heritage, but U.S. born. She would discriminate
> against anyone who looked Hispanic because she
> assumed that we didn't speak English. She would
> roll her eyes at me, and not even acknowlwledge
> that I was there, when entering the office. Once,
> I was kicked out of the school after hours, when
> all I was doing was bringing a former teacher some
> food since he was staying late to grade tests and
> papers. I, too, went to that Elementary School,
> and kept in touch with many of the teachers/staff
> that were still there, and she was absolutely
> horrible to many of them as well. I was thrilled
> when I heard that she would no longer be at that
> school, until I saw on the news that she would be
> the Principal of the school where she is
> currently. This has been a long time coming, and I
> hope that the law is on those teachers' and
> student's side. Marie Lemmon definitely should not
> be working as a principal of an Elementary School,
> especially in FCPS, where the student and staff
> population is so diverse.

don't you mean you are WHITE HISPANIC ?

hispanics are separately listed by fairfax from all other fucking foreigners as WHITE and not part of any other ethnic group !

Posted by: Process------ ()
Date: January 18, 2015 03:45PM

Go, Sister Wrote:
> Too funny! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Then you are in the 1% that like her. I worked
> at
> > Hybla Valley when she was an AP and she was
> > mean-spirited then, and we learned that at Mt.
> > Vernon she got test scores up by having a new
> hire
> > comb the records and get rid of every failing
> > child whose family couldn't prove residence
> (i.e.,
> > illegal or homeless). She's a bully, plain and
> > simple.
>
> I'd hire her if she could get rid of every child
> in FCPS whose family couldn't prove residence.
> Save us a lot of money.

^^^^^I think this is a good idea, but-

In order to register for school, residence has to be established and proven in writing. A lease, foster status, whatever. That is already in place. But, things change with people, and they may or may not update things. So, you have kids who are not entitled to go to a particular school going there anyway. For years. I don't think they can use legal status as a criteria, unfortunately. And boy they all know it.

Some people even draw up a dummy lease saying they are "leasing" a place to live from a friend or relative, and use that as an excuse to use a particular school. You "rent" a "spot" of whatever type in the Langley district and you are good to go, even though you might really live in the Mt. Vernon area, but you want your kid to go to Langley schools. You are really leasing a bathroom or a closet, but the school system can't figure it out. It might be a fake lease. They don't know, and probably don't have time to track it all down or have the right to an intrusive investigation.

Hard to catch and ID these.

Posted by: race and ethnicity are 2 ()
Date: January 18, 2015 07:06PM

"hispanics are separately listed by fairfax from all other fucking foreigners as WHITE and not part of any other ethnic group !"

You are totally confusing race and ethnicity. These are two separate questions. First the person is asked to check off their race (which could be "white", "black", "asian", "Native American". Then the person is asked to check off on ethnicity---which, for purposes of the government, is either Hispanic or Non-Hispanic. Hispanic is not a race. You can be a white Hispanic or Black Hispanic or Native American Hispanic (which interestingly enough is probably close to what most Hispanics are in this area, but people think of "Native American" in the context of tribal membership here in the US).

Fairfax does not automatically list an ethnic Hispanic as racially white.

Posted by: Not just at Bailey's ()
Date: January 18, 2015 09:58PM

I wondered where the assistant principals were as she was discriminating against teachers and students. They need to be punished as well for not doing or saying anything while the abuse was going on. They are just as guilty as Marie Lemmon.

I can't help it but wonder what is going on with FCPS and all their discrimination allegations. Dr. Garza needs to take control of FCPS and fast before it gets worst.

Posted by: WR ()
Date: January 19, 2015 02:56PM

ML is not only mean she is wicked. She ruined my teaching career that I built for 25 years while she was at Mount Vernon Woods ES. I was discriminated against because I am of African origin and still have some accent. The excruciating torture from ML caused me severe emotional distress. I'd like to forgive her because I have been forgiven. ML needs help. I had severaL exceeds in my evaluations before I met her. But she followed me to all my classes and gave me "does nOt meet" in all. She hates kids too and does not need to work with them. Her supervisors have to be blamed not ML.

Posted by: HxpJx ()
Date: January 19, 2015 03:08PM

I wish I could have one day in the shoes of one of these abused teachers - this woman's off her rocker and nobody's got the stones to say it to her face?

I'm not happy that my line of work makes me no stranger to confrontation but I wouldn't hesitate to eat this bitch's lunch in front of everyone else who's too afraid to say anything.

To anyone reading this who let's this psycho-bitch ruin their lives - just say "fuck it" and deal with her the right way.

Posted by: Not just at Baileys ()
Date: January 19, 2015 03:53PM

ML has friends in other schools and those friends are as wicked and racist as her. I work for one assistant principal that treats us like crap. If you complain and say something about it you get in trouble so we choose to live with it hoping our careers at FCPS won't be ruined. There are no rights at FCPS, specially when you are of Hispanic or black origin.

Any thoughts?

Posted by: Maybe, but... ()
Date: January 19, 2015 03:55PM

"There are no rights at FCPS, specially when you are of Hispanic or black origin."

Except of course that hispanics are overrunning the classrooms.
Attachments:
class.jpg

Posted by: NationofImmigrants ()
Date: January 19, 2015 04:02PM

How is that different from the immigrant children who arrived at Ellis Island, NY???
This is the land of immigrants, give me a break!!!
Attachments:
immigrant-children-ellis-island.jpg

Posted by: MLKJr ()
Date: January 19, 2015 04:06PM

We are celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. and we are still not done with "discrimination", horrible. ML/Bailey's Principal should be fired!

Posted by: E3hLb ()
Date: January 19, 2015 04:50PM

Not just at Baileys Wrote:
> ML has friends in other schools and those friends
> are as wicked and racist as her. I work for one
> assistant principal that treats us like crap. If
> you complain and say something about it you get in
> trouble so we choose to live with it hoping our
> careers at FCPS won't be ruined. There are no
> rights at FCPS, specially when you are of Hispanic
> or black origin.
>
> Any thoughts?

I have thoughts here - you work for a public school system - you especially should not have to put up with abuse. Make a formal complaint. Teachers go from being a student in a school to being a teacher in a school and they lose their backbone along the way due to lack of exposure to the real world. Have you ever wondered why shit like this doesn't fly in private organizations? It's because the real world has taught those folks to stand up for themselves.

And I hate to be the person to call this out but it's "especially", not "specially". You're a fucking teacher, come on.

Posted by: GjvXN ()
Date: January 19, 2015 05:00PM

Not just at Baileys Wrote:
> ML has friends in other schools and those friends
> are as wicked and racist as her. I work for one
> assistant principal that treats us like crap. If
> you complain and say something about it you get in
> trouble so we choose to live with it hoping our
> careers at FCPS won't be ruined. There are no
> rights at FCPS, specially when you are of Hispanic
> or black origin.
>
> Any thoughts?

Maybe she's discriminating against you because you write like a 5th grader.

Posted by: Whatsgoingon ()
Date: March 16, 2015 11:36PM

What's going on with this lawsuit and the principal?

How can a county not remove a principal form her position with the long history of complaints?

Posted by: Whats up? ()
Date: April 15, 2015 05:12PM

She is costing the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars! They are paying for her attorney as you can see from looking up the case. Someone step up and ask. Too bad the AP is being treated as a whistleblower. The other plaintiffs have to pay for their attorney. Make her come off of it for her own. Contact Karen Garza if you are as upset as we are about how much this is costing us! ridiculous.

Posted by: TNvJN ()
Date: April 16, 2015 12:27AM

FCPS is a strong school district, but it has allowed a handful of abusive principals to continue in their positions who should not be given the right to abuse staff and harm the careers of strong, dedicated educators.

Another FCPS principal who is downright dreadful is Liz Rhein at Willow Springs Elementary. Mrs. Rhein is the direct cause of high teacher turnover year after year, countless union filings, parent complaints, and has been known to employ unethical practices and exercise a flagrant abuse of authority.

How can a district as big as FCPS not have access to better leadership and not demand that their principals be held accountable for their actions? Maybe with the exit of Principal Calhoun at Stuart, FCPS and Dr. Garza are finally starting to do something about these problem principals with a history of professional impropriety.

Posted by: xddxy ()
Date: April 16, 2015 07:02PM

after hearing the worthless charges of suggestions (but not real actions taken) my summary is:

Posted by: xKLJw ()
Date: April 16, 2015 07:03PM

Attachments:
img.jpeg

Posted by: LtvVE ()
Date: April 16, 2015 07:04PM

Attachments:
img.jpeg

Posted by: 4bCn9 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 07:04PM

as requested: more blonds
Attachments:
img2.jpeg

Posted by: 6Dw67 ()
Date: April 16, 2015 07:05PM

i'd post more but the google images are too vicious and furious (rage syndrom?)

Posted by: bK9jH ()
Date: April 16, 2015 07:14PM

a lawsuit against anyone has to cite a specific action taken, and why it appears illegal - PLUS motive

VA is a right to work state (teachers are all democrat / union protecting each other, so as for my beleif they aren't after county money: i doubt it)

a lawsuit of an employee against an employer has a different light. the employer is considered right %100 in fx co unless it's something political (as far as private employment employee against franchise owner or local businessman)

other states have stricter employment law - VA classicly does not. fx co gov wrote themselves greedy laws saying they protect their own jobs - paid themselves to do it, and filed it at the courthouse in the library.

fact is. an employer can do about anything - are not bound to give employees constitutional rights on the job (although i challenged that in court got no answer - in my book i won since they cowered away from the question)

an employer cannot do:

1) human abuse (bleeding employee ok - bleeding daily - well ok - hospitalized - probably ok - dead - they'll cover it up maybe)

2) fired without cause. yes. but they have to give a paper showing they didn't give a reason techinically. but try to take technically to court fx co gov will laugh at you.

3) stating a reason for firing which is illegal on paper: NO.

4) stating maternativy leave is a downer on job eligibility: YES far as i know there is not a law against that, if there is it's real new and challengable

should one have to hire a pregnant woman, pay her during leave, then have her say: thanks for birthing me - i'm gone loosers ? it'd happen if they put the carrot in front of the horse, i'm sure.

Posted by: timeforchange ()
Date: April 19, 2015 03:29PM

FCPS principals are totally "above the law". They can do anything, say anything, make-up anything, lie, etc about any teacher and absolutely nothing will be done. HR is worthless because they will always side with administration. The unions are powerless and administration knows it.

The principal's word is always taken over the teacher's word. Unless a parent or staff member cries "sexual misconduct" no action will be taken. Abominable administration is prevailing at some FCPS schools and the school board and the superintendent team simply does not care to investigate.

Posted by: Agreewithtime4change ()
Date: April 22, 2015 04:17PM

This is the truth in many schools, when the principal or Asst. Principal are a favorite of the leadership group. The teachers associations are now in the back pocket of the supt.'s displayed at the school i work at PT. the person there said the president of the association LOVED the supt., not sure how he can represent you and LOVE the supt. As for baileys, yes something has to give with this for the sake of the kids who suffer because of the reputation of the school due to the current principal situation / being accused of discrimination. (Looking at this and other sites seem to point to the principal needing a new job, but that is just my opinion.)

Posted by: fedupparent ()
Date: April 22, 2015 04:58PM

The easiest way to get bad principals out of our schools is to let (encourage) our kids tank the SOLs. If the parents of minority students got together and told our kids to not read the questions and just randomly pick answers for each and every SOL test, the scores would plummet and then the county would listen. They still would not care about the discrimination but they would care about the numbers showing most minorities failing the SOLs. That would make the papers. That would be reported to the Department of Education.

And, they can't hold the elementary kids back for not passing the SOL. They are only required to be passed in high school.

Maybe the parents of minority students need to band together and get the Superintendent's attention!

Posted by: Clever ()
Date: April 22, 2015 05:19PM

^ Interesting idea. That would get their attention. Unfortunately, it involves the kids in politics and I've seen firsthand how that can affect them (dealing with a ruthless principal).

Posted by: Sick of FCPS scam ()
Date: June 25, 2015 12:34AM

The employee and equity relations office doesn't ensure the equitable administration of federal, state, and FCPS regulations and laws impacting the FCPS community because they have three lawyers running that department to cover themselves. EER office always pressures employees into signing documents as its a waiver and release from liability. So we call that employee relations? That office is designed to support the school system.

Karin Rodriguez, Cindy Fitzgerald, and Kevin Sills are lawyers so don't trust them.... The Truth can be hidden for a short time, but eventually, like the sun, it shines.

Posted by: vGbDb ()
Date: June 25, 2015 11:07AM

so lemme get this straight ...

your suing a (white i assume - though could be an implant from anywhere outside of fx co) teacher for hiring more whites than mexicans. keep in mind hiring illegals is illegal in VA. keep in mind in the 90's democrats passed a racial quota law: and the same was in a few years demolished by The Supreme Court of the United States of America.

all i wanna do is deport you. no need to cry about it

Posted by: FCPS waste report ()
Date: June 25, 2015 11:25AM

Fabio Zuluaga won't respond to inquiries about why so much money was wasted on this lawsuit.

FCPS thinks there's an endless supply of money. They are wrong. People will not put up with paying double the amount of taxes to support all of FCPS wasteful ideas.

Posted by: Concerned parents ()
Date: July 07, 2015 12:49PM

I suspect that Fabio and ms garza are afraid of disciplining lesbian principals?!?
Stenwood Es is similar, though not quite unite as publicly ridiculous as lemon road. Peggy Dammeyer is a terrible principal but probably kept on because she is protected from above.

Posted by: mebMy ()
Date: July 08, 2015 12:39AM

their fuckign up a storm and using tax money to do it - fucking over the econom too

fuck them they are attacking whites by intentionally crowding them out - like a hoarder does familiy members or to cover something up

they are on a wartime mission having as many babies as they can on USA money as they can make time for

they are attacking

Posted by: cVxk9 ()
Date: July 08, 2015 12:43AM

I'm suing WTOP and herndon for "dictating to the public"

that herdon would be speding ON HALF BILLION DOLLARS of fx co money loaned from NY,NY to re-furbish an already built H.S. in herndon

renovating? take a guess if they whiteys who built the H.S. to begin with spend a half billion

point here is that is what they told the public they were going to do, how much, and what on: with no discussion

-------------------------
my advice is jail them

Posted by: Nothing really changes in FCPS ()
Date: July 21, 2015 06:05PM

Marie Lemmon was forced to hire black people and now she is taking teachers from Mount Vernon Woods Elementary school. Marie, is trying to have the right type of black people in her school and doesn't want to appear racist. Marie is pulling teachers and she left Mount Vernon Woods a hot mess. I feel sorry for the new principal that came in after because its tough.

Posted by: Sigartd ()
Date: July 23, 2015 11:40PM

I was a victim of bullying by this principal. I was at Mount Vernon Woods with Marie Lemmon, several staff members had several grievances against her through NEA and nothing was done that we know of. She is mean and vindictive and stayed on my butt until I had a panic attack during the school year. I have been in recovery for 8 months and will try to go back this fall. Please don't tell us to notify our union reps. they do NOTHING!!!! In fact I changed my union because of this. This woman damaged me. My principal is a disease who gets by with anything she likes!!!!And everyone knows this!

Posted by: Mark 45454 ()
Date: July 29, 2015 06:30PM

Yep…she does it and is then protected by Karen Garza….maybe because Garza was sued by teachers in Texas. Two peas in a pod….and, they are destroying our school system. Say FCPS now and people laugh…what a shame.

Posted by: Bailey sol scores ()
Date: July 29, 2015 06:49PM

Preliminary Accreditation Status this Year: Fully Accredited
all subjects are 80% or above

Posted by: InsiderFCPS2 ()
Date: July 30, 2015 09:49PM

She had an almost perfect 100% pass rate on the ALTERNATIVE ASSESSMENTS--supposed to be used for kids who really need it. BUT--in her case, she doesn't give the teachers a chance to disagree. The AP at upper just does whatever her "BOSS" tells her to do and signs up hundreds of kids for alternative assessments, then all of them pass. OMG…something is up. Virginia Dept. of Ed needs to know what is going on in this school. She will be bragging about how much she raised test scores--NOT! She gave hundreds of failing kids tests with "support" and then they had a 100% pass rate. I'd call it, ummm, cheating! The other kids had passing rates around 40%. Look deep into the scores, you'll see the funny business taking place at Baileys.

Posted by: Cacandle ()
Date: August 04, 2015 12:38AM

School Accreditation Rating: Accredited w/Warning
Subject Accreditation Pass Rate
English 75
History 93
Mathematics 80
Science 66

Posted by: Justfoundout ()
Date: November 13, 2015 05:38AM

Posted by: GoodGrief! ()
Date: May 22, 2016 09:01PM

They have her on the committee? no wonder our taxes are going up. Legal Fees.

Posted by: Missedupdate ()
Date: June 03, 2016 04:06AM

The parties held a settlement conference, at which all plaintiffs did reach a settlement agreement. A voluntary dismissal with prejudice occurred at the request of all plaintiffs. But there was enough evidence for the case to move forward. Mrs. Lemmon wasn't cleared of all wrong doing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/discrimination-lawsuit-against-va-principal-dismissed/2015/05/05/7e11a860-f35b-11e4-b2f3-af5479e6bbdd_story.html

Posted by: YHt79 ()
Date: June 04, 2016 12:09PM

YHt79

Posted by: HHA ()
Date: July 09, 2017 05:09PM

HATE THAT PUTA

Posted by: In the way of progress ()
Date: July 11, 2017 08:10AM

Bailey's is an Hispanic school.
Placing black teachers and administrators there was a mistake.
The principal got it right.

Posted by: AssBanger ()
Date: July 11, 2017 10:33AM

I would burry my schlong deep in Lemon's tight squeaky asshole until she came all over me.

Posted by: ?????????? ()
Date: July 11, 2017 11:59AM

In the way of progress Wrote:
> Bailey's is an Hispanic school.
> Placing black teachers and administrators there
> was a mistake.
> The principal got it right.

Using that logic why is Lemon there?

Posted by: nala ()
Date: October 21, 2017 08:53PM

My suggestion is if you have any issues related to employment with Fairfax County Public Schools that is not being resolved by Mr. Kevin Sills office then go ahead and contact The Leiser Law Firm.

I reached a resolution with my harassment & retaliation claim against the Fairfax County School System because of my former principal.

Posted by: MossMa ()
Date: October 23, 2017 12:28AM

The lawsuit: https://www.scribd.com/document/243137789/Lemmon-Court-Documents

Discrimination suit against Bailey's principal 'dismissed with prejudice'

The lawsuit filed by four employees of Bailey’s Elementary School against Principal Marie Lemmon charging her with discrimination and harassment has been “dismissed with prejudice.”

The suit, filed in federal court in September by former assistant principal Rachel Charlton, former teachers Yolanda Calhoun and Shyrone Stith, and former student J.C. Calhoun, claimed Lemmon and FCPS violated federal civil rights and anti-discrimination laws.

A message sent to Bailey’s families May 5 by Fabio Zuluaga, FCPS assistant superintendent for Region 2, states, the “lawsuit has been dismissed with no finding of any discrimination or inappropriate conduct by the school board or Ms. Lemmon.”

That’s not the complete story, however, according to sources close to the lawsuit who wish to remain anonymous. The case was not dismissed by the judge. In fact, the judge previously denied several FCPS requests to dismiss the case.

The plaintiffs voluntarily agreed to dismiss the case, and while it’s true there was no finding of wrongdoing on the part of Lemmon or FCPS, that’s because there was no opportunity to address wrongdoing. The litigation ended before the fact-finding phase.

FCPS wholeheartedly supported Lemmon throughout the case. “Fairfax County Public Schools and Superintendent Garza stand behind Principal Lemmon and endorse her continued, outstanding leadership and tireless work on behalf of the students of Bailey’s Elementary School,” Zuluaga’s message continues. “We are also very grateful to the Bailey’s faculty and staff for maintaining the positive focus on student learning while this issue was being resolved.”

Based on conversations with people close to the case, it is believed that the plaintiffs simply could not afford the legal costs of continuing with the lawsuit and settled out of court – although there is no official confirmation of a settlement. It’s also believed that if they say anything at all about the case, they will have to repay their settlement funds.

Stith and Yolanda and J.C. Calhoun had agreed to settle out of court months ago, but Charlton, who had the most complaints, hung on until the end of April. Five other people who had worked for Lemmon in the past had submitted letters to the court supporting the plaintiffs allegations stating that Lemmon had discriminated against them due to their race, religion, disability, or age. There were similar complaints against Lemmon when she was principal of Mount Vernon Elementary School, before her appointment at Bailey’s in November 2012.

FCPS had claimed in court that they were not legally liable for Lemmon’s actions, even if her behavior was rude and discriminatory, because they didn’t know about it. If someone in the future makes a similar complaint about Lemmon, FCPS won’t be able to make that argument because Lemmon’s alleged actions are spelled out in the court documents.

FCPS spent a huge amount of money, possibly up to $100,000, to defend Lemmon and sought a huge amount of documents from the plaintiffs, including many back years of medical records. One source calls that a “bullying tactic” and suggests that it could have a chilling effect on other potential whistleblowers with unrelated complaints against other school officials.

Charlton had formerly been on track to become a principal but is not expected to advance at FCPS and is now one of three assistant principals at Camelot Elementary School in Annandale. According to an observer, “she is being punished for trying to stand up for what was right.”

Camelot is a small school, with just 611 students. Most elementary schools of that size have just one assistant principal. Very few FCPS schools have three, even schools that are much larger. Bailey’s has three APs but that school has 1,480 students on two campuses, and well over half the students qualify for free or reduced-price lunches a majority have limited English proficiency.

“It’s ridiculous in a culturally diverse area like this that FCPS would allow this kind of discrimination to happen – and not only that but to support Marie Lemmon in such positive terms,” an observer says. “If this school had more active parents, we would have seen a different outcome.”

Posted by: Analizer ()
Date: October 23, 2017 04:11PM

So she had some run ins with her black teachers not everyone can get along. That said I sure wouldn't mind back dragging that fat ass of hers. In a weird way Marie Lemon is semi hot.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.