HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123456AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: FCPS destroys another life
Posted by: FCPS KILL STUDENTS? ()
Date: April 17, 2009 06:30AM

To all students in the FCPS system. 4/17/09

To all parents who have students in the FCPS system.

Please send to anyone in Fairfax County.

From a parent:

Please put the word out about the protest I have launched against the FCPS cruel, inhuman policies and practices. Students and parents please join the protest this coming Monday outside the FCPS building, Gatehouse I. The most effective time is around 3 p.m. because the FCPS employees leave their office around 4 p.m. Limited parking is available outside the building on the main road and there is a McDonalds around the corner as well.

I will carry two posters: One says " FCPS "zero tolerance policy awards death penalty to our children and the other side of the poster says " FCPS "zero policy is KILLING TEENAGERS.

The appeal and the decision process is a mere formality by the board. It is a rubber stamp process. So, maybe a couple of posters stating something to the effect that the appeal process must be based on review of all facts will make them aware of the knowledge of the grossly deficient process we are aware of.

Please help in getting the word out about the rally will go a long way in making the board know that we are protesting such inhuman policies and we are NOT stopping till the status quo is changed.

Parent

PS Help this parent save his kid and help him change the zero tolerance policy in FCPS. No more students need to die.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 17, 2009 07:20AM

FCPS KILL STUDENTS? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will carry two posters: One says " FCPS "zero
> tolerance policy awards death penalty to our
> children and the other side of the poster says "
> FCPS "zero policy is KILLING TEENAGERS.

file.php?2,file=6277,filename=o+rally.jp
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: April 17, 2009 09:01AM

FCPS Klls Students wrote:

"Please put the word out about the protest I have launched against the FCPS cruel, inhuman policies and practices."

Long overdue. A series of such protests, coupled with the very negative press FCPS has recently recieved, will go a long way toward truly letting all Fairfax parents know that their children are only a Luden's coughdrop away from the merciless brutalities of the FCPS Hearing Office and its gang of nazi thugs.

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 09:31AM

Would reducing the rhetoric about 'FCPS destroying lives' and 'FCPS nazis' lead some otherwise on-the-fence moderates to join the cause? Much like the anti-war rallies were hijacked by 'Free Mumia' and Workers' World Party types, and the Tea Parties were hijacked by Constitution Party and Paulistinian types, I suspect these rallies will get hijacked by the nutcases.

Posted by: 76hicks ()
Date: April 17, 2009 10:44AM

Would reducing the rhetoric about 'taxaxtion without representation' and 'slavery is so unfair' lead some otherwise on-the-fence moderates to join the causes? Much like the civil rights rallies rallies were hijacked by 'Freedom Riders' and 'equal rights under the law' types, and the Boston Tea Party was hijacked by the'Patriot and American Independence' types, I suspect these rallies will get hijacked by the nutcases.

Posted by: disgusted by parents who dont "parent" their own kids ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:13PM

From a parent:

Please put the word out about the protest I have launched against the FCPS cruel, inhuman policies and practices. Students and parents please join the protest this coming Monday outside the FCPS building, Gatehouse I. The most effective time is around 3 p.m. because the FCPS employees leave their office around 4 p.m. Limited parking is available outside the building on the main road and there is a McDonalds around the corner as well.

I will carry two posters: One says " FCPS "zero tolerance policy awards death penalty to our children and the other side of the poster says " FCPS "zero policy is KILLING TEENAGERS.

The appeal and the decision process is a mere formality by the board. It is a rubber stamp process. So, maybe a couple of posters stating something to the effect that the appeal process must be based on review of all facts will make them aware of the knowledge of the grossly deficient process we are aware of.

Please help in getting the word out about the rally will go a long way in making the board know that we are protesting such inhuman policies and we are NOT stopping till the status quo is changed.

Parent

PS Help this parent save his kid and help him change the zero tolerance policy in FCPS. No more students need to die.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER JOKE THIS IS...... HOW ABOUT ****YOU**** LOOK INTO RAISING YOUR KIDS INSTEAD OF WHINING ABOUT HOW THEY CANT FOLLOW RULES - YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A PATHETIC MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: disgusted by parents who "parent" other peoples kids ()
Date: April 17, 2009 03:18PM

From a parent:

Parent

EXCELLENT POST! THE NAZI FCPS ADMINISTRATORS HAVE ABUSED OUR CHILDREN FOR FAR TOO LONG. ITS ALL THE MORE GALLING WHEN WE SEE THEIR BLATANT HYPOCRISY! PRINCIPALS, SENATORS AND PRESIDENTS HAVE ALL SMKED POT AND THEY BEHAVE LIKE A KID WHO HAD A TOKE IS ADOLF HITLER!!! IF ONLY THEY WOULD PUNISH THE PEDOPHILE CHILD MOLESTORS AND POT GROWERS IN THEIR SYSTEM AS SEVERELY!!!!!

Posted by: Parent ()
Date: April 17, 2009 03:45PM

Some parents shouldn't be called parents. They let their kids run around like wild animals and then blame "the system" when their kids gets arrested and put in jail.

GROW UP!

Date: April 17, 2009 03:47PM

Posted by: please come ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:27PM

FCPS KILL STUDENTS? Wrote:
> To all students in the FCPS system.
> 4/17/09
>
> To all parents who have students in the FCPS
> system.
>
> Please send to anyone in Fairfax County.
>
> From a parent:
>
>
> Please put the word out about the protest I have
> launched against the FCPS cruel, inhuman policies
> and practices. Students and parents please join
> the protest this coming Monday outside the FCPS
> building, Gatehouse I. The most effective time is
> around 3 p.m. because the FCPS employees leave
> their office around 4 p.m. Limited parking is
> available outside the building on the main road
> and there is a McDonalds around the corner as
> well.
>
> I will carry two posters: One says " FCPS "zero
> tolerance policy awards death penalty to our
> children and the other side of the poster says "
> FCPS "zero policy is KILLING TEENAGERS.
>
> The appeal and the decision process is a mere
> formality by the board. It is a rubber stamp
> process. So, maybe a couple of posters stating
> something to the effect that the appeal process
> must be based on review of all facts will make
> them aware of the knowledge of the grossly
> deficient process we are aware of.
>
> Please help in getting the word out about the
> rally will go a long way in making the board know
> that we are protesting such inhuman policies and
> we are NOT stopping till the status quo is
> changed.
>
> Parent
>
>
> PS Help this parent save his kid and help him
> change the zero tolerance policy in FCPS. No more
> students need to die.

The great part is afterwards were headed down to the McDonalds a block away and protest the miscreants that shorted us a chicken nugget and happy meal prize. This has gone on for far too long.

Posted by: Kpu ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:35PM

Some FCPS administrators shouldn't be called administrators. They run around like wild animals and then blame "the system" when the taxpayers protest their violent and grotesque behavior which will get them arrested and put in jail.

GROW UP!

Posted by: Grrr ()
Date: April 17, 2009 10:24PM

This is ridiculous. Please stop.

Posted by: me too ()
Date: April 17, 2009 10:42PM

All of these unnecessary expulsions cost Fairfax County citizens tax dollars. Most kids end up with an alternate placement-with transportation provided. The alternative schools are very costly to run and should be reserved for those that cannot do well in a regular school-not regular kids making dumb mistakes.

The fact that your tax dollars are being wasted should have all county residents furious about FCPS zero tolerance.

Posted by: bigdog1 ()
Date: April 18, 2009 12:32AM

To bad we got off the point that the kid had more problems than pot and the family isn't willing to see that is why he killed himself. He could of ended up at pimmit or another alternative school. Wake up and see that there were more issues than pot and getting moved out of a school for someone to think he needed to commit sucide.

for the family, I hope with this loss you shed some light on the mental health issues of kids today not go blaming the school, friends or the public. You should have seen it coming.

Posted by: bigdog2 ()
Date: April 18, 2009 12:57AM

To bad we got off the point that the fcps inflicted more problems than just pot and the school board isn't willing to see that is why he killed himself. He could of ended, like pot user Barak Obama, at Harvard Law School. Wake up and see that there were more issues than pot and getting needlessly moved out of a school for someone to think he needed to commit sucide.

for the fcps Hearing Office and School Board, I hope with this loss you shed some light on the mental health issues of kids today not go blaming the parents, friends or the public. You should have seen it coming.

Date: April 18, 2009 01:43AM

Yea let’s just blame the school system for a parent’s inability to raise or develop their own child, after all the school should do that. Parents don’t spend time with their kid that’s why we pay teachers. At what age do we expect people to be responsible for their own actions 10-12 -18 or when mom and dad get tired of you and kick you out on you butt. Then again mom and dad don’t see a problem with their kid smoking dope or using other drugs.

Students unite leave home and prove that you do know it all and that your parents where wrong, smoke dope, drive drunk

or learn from someone elses mistakes.

Grow up, step up and take responsibility for your actions. This kid had more issues than the can be blamed on the educational system.

Posted by: shootyourselfintheheadkid ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:53AM

bigdog2 Wrote:
> He could of ended, like pot user
> Barak Obama, at Harvard Law School.

he still could have but he decided he was too much of a pussy to be able to deal with his problems and work through them and he decided to take the easy way out. hes not the first person to get kicked out of school and there are plenty of successful people who got kicked out of their high schools. it just takes a little bit of effort and this kid obviously didnt have the balls to make it though a long life anyway so maybe its best that he did it now instead of when he was 40 fat and in debt up to his eyeballs.

Posted by: Failure here by FCPS ()
Date: April 18, 2009 05:41AM

This kid could have and should have been saved. The signs were there for all to see. FCPS always takes the easy way out rather then looking to help kids.

They failed here.

Date: April 18, 2009 10:15AM

yea the school failed him afterall they have him 5 days a week 8 hours a day. Not like the family should know when something's screwed up w/their kid. Or that their kid is a screw up. Come on lets blame all of society for our faults. If they failed then why hasn't everyone that knows him admitted failure. Oh cause it's society's fault.

Date: April 18, 2009 11:38AM

bigdog1 Wrote:
> To bad we got off the point that the kid had more
> problems than pot and the family isn't willing to
> see that is why he killed himself.
>
> for the family, I hope with this loss you shed
> some light on the mental health issues of kids
> today not go blaming the school, friends or the
> public. You should have seen it coming.

+1

every 1 in 100 people has a (permanent) mental health issue.
every year over a million people commit suicide.

society is more interested in blaming people than finding solutions to the problem.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: big dog 1 is an Idiot ()
Date: April 18, 2009 11:40AM

big dog 1 you really are inhuman, how dare you judge this kid. Did you know him? It seems quite unusal that the football coach or counselor or girlfriend saw no issues...wake up BIG DUMB DOG 1 at 17 kids feel that their lives are over when they screw up, do you have any kids?? were you ever 17?? Give me a break with your holier than thou attitude, You are a moran.

Date: April 18, 2009 11:44AM

big dog 1 is an Idiot Wrote:
> big dog 1 you really are inhuman, how dare you
> judge this kid.

ignore the trolls, it's the only way you can get them to go away.

Date: April 18, 2009 12:32PM

So what your saying is that the truth hurts. I guess i an inhuman cause I do look out for my friends and know that they can come to me with thier problems. Wow maybe a lesson was learned here today. Grow up or do the world a favor and learn from someone elses mistakes.

Posted by: shoottyourselfintheheadkid ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:08PM

shootyourselfintheheadkid wrote:

"he still could have but he decided he was too much of a pussy to be able to deal with his problems and work through them and he decided to take the easy way out. hes not the first person to get kicked out of school and there are plenty of successful people who got kicked out of their high schools. it just takes a little bit of effort and this kid obviously didnt have the balls to make it though a long life anyway so maybe its best that he did it now instead of when he was 40 fat and in debt up to his eyeballs."

"and Presidents and Senators and Federal Judges and FCPS Principals and Olympic Athletes still could have but they did not have to deal with the FCPS nazi scum and were therefore not mercilessly driven to extremes. They were not the first people to use illegal substances in school, they were just like millions and millions of other kids. it just takes not getting psycholigically and emtionally tortured by ther FCPS Hearing Office becasuse they obviously didnt have the simple human decdency to make it through a long life anyway so maybe ts best that they do it now instead of when they are 40, fat, ugly, and in debt up to their eyeballs."

Posted by: Graviis ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:09PM

Gravis is trying to ruin the thread with his trolling. Just ignore him.

Posted by: bidog2 ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:19PM

Yea let’s just blame the parents for a school system's inability to deal with the children in their care, for which they are handsomely paid. after all the parents should be the ones to inflict cruel psychological tortures on the kids. School administrators don’t spend time doing their jobs, we want the parents to be both at work and at school. At what age do we expect people to be responsible for their own actions 10-12 -18 or when FCPS nazis get sick and tired of doing their jobs and decide to just kick the kids out on their butts. Then again mommy and daddy don’t see a problem with Presidents, Senators, Olympic athletes, Federal Judges and Fairfax County school Principals smoking dope or using other drugs.

FCPS administrators unite leave the job and prove that you do know it all and that your Presidents, Senators, Judges Principals and Olympians where right, smoke dope, drive drunk

or be given the same chance to be young as they were.

Grow up, step up and take responsibility for your actions FCPS administrators. These administrators have more issues than the can be conveniently blamed on the parents .

Posted by: bigdog2 ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:24PM

yea the parents failed him afterall they raised a fe others quite nicely, thank you very much. Not like the well-paid educational professionals should know when something's screwed up with kid. Or that they themselves are violent, nast, cruel, stupid, and lazy. Come on lets just excuse the school system for all their faults and failures. If they didn't fail then why hasn't everyone that knows him excused their failure. Oh cause it's not the school systems's fault. Oh no, their senseless despicale cruelties are not at all to blame. o sireeee...

Date: April 18, 2009 02:21PM

wow stop this anon posting under a bunch of different names asshole. It is not the schools fault i don't see how people don't see that. You are just looking for someone to blame. This kid obviously had some other issues and maybe if his "good parents" had taken some time and helped this kid then they wouldnt have found him swinging from the ceiling.

Date: April 18, 2009 02:39PM

"handsomely paid"
"well-paid educational professionals "
Come on we both know better than that. A teacher spends what an hour at best with 30 kids in a class room.

"Kick the kids out on their butts"

aka graduation, teacher’s family and friends work toward it and the schools move on to the next kid.

Like you said the parents raised him and a few others. Who has spent more time with him and knows the changes in his mood. Sure the school system is to blame because there was no one else in his life that seemed to pay attention to him. Just give up on yourself and your friends now because the school system isn't holding your hand and wiping your butt.

The pain you feel is real it is the veil of ignorance being lifted and reality slapping you in the face telling you that one day you will be responsible for your actions.

Posted by: unfairfax aboveground ()
Date: April 18, 2009 02:50PM

unfairfax wrote:

"wow stop this anon posting under a bunch of different names asshole. It is not the schools fault i don't see how people don't see that. You are just looking for someone to blame. This kid obviously had some other issues and maybe if his "good parents" had taken some time and helped this kid then they wouldnt have found him swinging from the ceiling"

wow stop this anon posting under a bunch of different names you miserable asshole. It is certainly the school systems fault and i don't see how people don't see that. You are just looking for someone to excuse, asshole. These FCPSHearing Officers obviously have some other issues and maybe if thes "good administrators" had taken some time and helped this kid then they wouldnt have cruelly drve him to swinging from the ceiling. Asshole.

Posted by: bidgog2 ()
Date: April 18, 2009 02:56PM

aka graduation, teacher’s family and friends work toward it and the schools move on to abusing the next fragile kid.

Like you said the school system had him and a few others. Who has spent more time abusing him and knows the system is rigged in their favror. Sure the parents are to blame because there was no one else in his life that seemed to pay attention to him. Just let FCPS batter and torture the kid because his parents weren't holding his hand and wiping his butt.

The pain you feel is real and it is the veil of supreme ignorance being lifted and reality slapping Presidents, Senators, Olympians, Federal Judges and FCPS Principals in the face telling you that one day you, like the Presidents, Senators, Olympians, Federal Judges, and FCPS Principals, might be given a chance to make youthful mistakes and learn from them.

Posted by: your a big DUMB dog ()
Date: April 18, 2009 07:04PM

I can't wait unitl you people are all put in the same position with your precious little angels and the FCPS hearing officiers eat you up, spit you out and leave you to dry. You might want to go thru your sons and daughters purses and pockets to be sure they don't have any tylenol or birth control pills when they go to school. Hey big DUMB dog 1 be careful when you drive your angel to school and walk him to the door and kiss him goodbye because if you don't watch him every second then you are an irresponsible parent...right? one small slip up and he is out on his butt or sent to another school. Try going thru this and see if you feel the same way when its over....

Posted by: Lippy ()
Date: April 18, 2009 07:49PM

The rules are CLEARLY spelled out. Your kid breaks them they get punished. Can you comprehend that?

If you don't like the rules of the FCPS take your fucked up kid some place else! That will save all the county taxpayers money having to spend extra time on your kid.

I am assuming this is the one guy Danjit Hundle who was standing outside Gatehouse I with a sign. Your son was caught with a gram of marijuara on schools ground and that is not acceptable.

Yes, now he is getting punished.

Posted by: Pilly ()
Date: April 18, 2009 08:33PM

The rules of SLAVERY WERE CLEARLY spelled out. Your slave breaks them and tries to run away they got whipped. Can you phukkin comprehend that? THE RULES ARE THE RULES GOD DAMNIT

If you don't like the rules of SLAVERY tell your fucked up SLAVE TOO phukkin bad! THE RULES ARE THE RULES That will save all the country taxpayers money having to spend extra trying to recover your slave.

I am assuming this is the one guy Danjit Hundle who was standing outside Gatehouse I with a sign. Your son was caught with a gram of marijuara, like Presidents, Senators, Judges, Olympic Champions and Fairfax School Principals did in their youth.

Yes, now they are succesful and prosperous because they did no get punished by the ruthless and vicious FCPS administrators.

Posted by: Fudert ()
Date: April 18, 2009 08:51PM

YES GODDAMNIT THE RULES ARE THE RULES!

THE RULES OF THE HOLOCAUST WERE CLEARLY SPELLED OUT! If you phukked up Jews don't being gassed, too phukkin bad. THE RULE ARE THE RULES

The RULES of the Spanish Inquistion were CLEARLY spelled out. If you phukked up heretics don't like being burned alive, too phukkin bad. THE RULES ARE THE RULES.

THE RULES demanding internment of Japanese citizens were CLEARLY spelled out. If you phukked up japs doon't like being herded into camps, too phukkin bad. THE RULES ARE THE RULES.

The rules prohibiting women from voting were CLEARLY spelled out. If you phukked up whiny women want to vote, go somewhere phukkin else. THE RULES ARE THE RULES.

Thw RULES requirng seregated school were CLEARLY spelled out. If you phukked up negroes don't like the phukkin rule, go back to Africa. THE RULES ARE THE RULES!

Posted by: Rules ()
Date: April 18, 2009 09:21PM

Screw the rules, then are always broken. Save the kids.

Date: April 18, 2009 09:27PM

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Violations
School disciplinary action may be taken regardless of whether the student’s age is
such that his or her possession or use of alcohol, tobacco, or over-the-counter
medication is permitted by law.

a. Tobacco Violations
The following violations shall result in disciplinary action and may require
mandatory sanctions:
Possessing, smoking, or using tobacco products.
(1) For a first violation related to tobacco products, a student shall
participate in the FCPS Tobacco Intervention Seminar in lieu of
suspension.
(2) For a second or subsequent violation related to tobacco products, a
student shall be placed in an alternative instructional arrangement or
suspended from school.
School officials may report any such violation to the police in accordance with the

Code of Virginia, Section 18.2-371.2.
b. Nonprescription Drugs (Over-the-Counter Medications)
The following violations may result in disciplinary action and may require
mandatory sanctions:
Using or possessing any nonprescription drug not authorized as medication
under the current version of Regulation 2102. Nonprescription drugs include
products such as Advil, aspirin, Coricidin, Dramamine, Nyquil, Tylenol, or
their generic equivalents, caffeine pills, cough syrup, and other over-thecounter
medications intended to be ingested or inhaled. The abuse,
misuse, or distribution of nonprescription drugs shall result in a
suspension of a length to be determined by the principal and may result in
a recommendation for expulsion.

Date: April 18, 2009 09:31PM

By the turn out of hunderds of Fairfax county residents I can see the protest was a complete success.
Attachments:
protest2.jpg
protest1.jpg

Date: April 18, 2009 10:01PM

How come there is no arrest record for this offense? Shouldn't Fairfax County police have charged him?

Date: April 18, 2009 11:53PM

err,,, what does the sign say? it looks like it read, "FUNDSBAILALL KILLS TIAGERS"

Date: April 19, 2009 12:02AM

Fugitive Slave Act 1850

Section 6
And be it further enacted, That when a person held to service or labor in any State or Territory of the United States, has heretofore or shall hereafter escape into another State or Territory of the United States, the person or persons to whom such service or labor may be due, or his, her, or their agent or attorney, duly authorized, by power of attorney, in writing, acknowledged and certified under the seal of some legal officer or court of the State or Territory in which the same may be executed, may pursue and reclaim such fugitive person, either by procuring a warrant from some one of the courts, judges, or commissioners aforesaid, of the proper circuit, district, or county, for the apprehension of such fugitive from service or labor, or by seizing and arresting such fugitive, where the same can be done without process, and by taking, or causing such person to be taken, forthwith before such court, judge, or commissioner, whose duty it shall be to hear and determine the case of such claimant in a summary manner; and upon satisfactory proof being made, by deposition or affidavit, in writing, to be taken and certified by such court, judge, or commissioner, or by other satisfactory testimony, duly taken and certified by some court, magistrate, justice of the peace, or other legal officer authorized to administer an oath and take depositions under the laws of the State or Territory from which such person owing service or labor may have escaped, with a certificate of such magistracy or other authority, as aforesaid, with the seal of the proper court or officer thereto attached, which seal shall be sufficient to establish the competency of the proof, and with proof, also by affidavit, of the identity of the person whose service or labor is claimed to be due as aforesaid, that the person so arrested does in fact owe service or labor to the person or persons claiming him or her, in the State or Territory from which such fugitive may have escaped as aforesaid, and that said person escaped, to make out and deliver to such claimant, his or her agent or attorney, a certificate setting forth the substantial facts as to the service or labor due from such fugitive to the claimant, and of his or her escape from the State or Territory in which he or she was arrested, with authority to such claimant, or his or her agent or attorney, to use such reasonable force and restraint as may be necessary, under the circumstances of the case, to take and remove such fugitive person back to the State or Territory whence he or she may have escaped as aforesaid. In no trial or hearing under this act shall the testimony of such alleged fugitive be admitted in evidence; and the certificates in this and the first [fourth] section mentioned, shall be conclusive of the right of the person or persons in whose favor granted, to remove such fugitive to the State or Territory from which he escaped, and shall prevent all molestation of such person or persons by any process issued by any court, judge, magistrate, or other person whomsoever

Section 7
And be it further enacted, That any person who shall knowingly and willingly obstruct, hinder, or prevent such claimant, his agent or attorney, or any person or persons lawfully assisting him, her, or them, from arresting such a fugitive from service or labor, either with or without process as aforesaid, or shall rescue, or attempt to rescue, such fugitive from service or labor, from the custody of such claimant, his or her agent or attorney, or other person or persons lawfully assisting as aforesaid, when so arrested, pursuant to the authority herein given and declared; or shall aid, abet, or assist such person so owing service or labor as aforesaid, directly or indirectly, to escape from such claimant, his agent or attorney, or other person or persons legally authorized as aforesaid; or shall harbor or conceal such fugitive, so as to prevent the discovery and arrest of such person, after notice or knowledge of the fact that such person was a fugitive from service or labor as aforesaid, shall, for either of said offences, be subject to a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars, and imprisonment not exceeding six months, by indictment and conviction before the District Court of the United States for the district in which such offence may have been committed, or before the proper court of criminal jurisdiction, if committed within any one of the organized Territories of the United States; and shall moreover forfeit and pay, by way of civil damages to the party injured by such illegal conduct, the sum of one thousand dollars for each fugitive so lost as aforesaid, to be recovered by action of debt, in any of the District or Territorial Courts aforesaid, within whose jurisdiction the said offence may have been committed.

HOW DARE A SLAVE ATTEMPT TO ESCAPE! RULES ARE RULES!

Date: April 19, 2009 12:06AM

"How come there is no arrest record for this offense? Shouldn't Fairfax County police have charged him?"

"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Date: April 19, 2009 12:07AM

"By the turn out of hunderds of Fairfax county residents I can see the protest was a complete success."

Actually I was there, and there were in fact, at least 300 protestors. Probably closer to 400.

Posted by: Jamies ()
Date: April 19, 2009 12:08AM

People driving by probably thought here's some nut job who "kills teenagers."

Posted by: Jamiess ()
Date: April 19, 2009 12:13AM

People driving by probably thought there's some nut jobs in the FCPS Hearing Office who "kills teenagers."

Posted by: Bert ()
Date: April 19, 2009 12:15AM

Bravo Dajit! If early Americans had the same guts and courage as you exhibit, maybe the country would have ended slavery sooner. Amen my brother.

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: April 19, 2009 12:17AM

Pilly Wrote:
> "How come there is no arrest record for this
> offense? Shouldn't Fairfax County police have
> charged him?"
>

I was talking about the arrest record of Amardeep Hundle for the marijuara possession.

Date: April 19, 2009 12:20AM

Oh...I thought you were talking about the arrest and conviction for drunk driving of Olymmpic Champion Michael Phelps.

Posted by: LOL ()
Date: April 19, 2009 12:30AM

No, I was talking about Amardeep Hundle of 10016 Park Royal Dr, Great Falls, Va for the marijuara possession.

Date: April 19, 2009 12:33AM

Oh, I thought you may have been talking about the arrest of Barak Obama, of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, washington, D.C., for his open confession that he violated the law by smoking pot.

Posted by: Cork ()
Date: April 19, 2009 12:52AM

This is very bizzare. I did a search for Danjit Hundle. There is or was a Ranjit Hundal that was a Dr in CA?

Does Ranjit Hundal = Danjit Hundle ?

Posted by: realistic1 ()
Date: April 19, 2009 07:28PM

Ummmm....

How about personal responsibility and screwed up parents?!?!?!?

Parents no longer take responsibility for their children - if your kid tries pot, buys pot, and gets ARRESESTED for possession, do they deserve to be around thousands of other kids?? And then the question is asked, what is it with the TRULY idiot parents who say "My kid would never do that!!".

Of course not - you don't even know your kids!!!!!!! Don't blame someone else for your extreme life short falls - we need a license to drive, to hunt and to fish, but the DUMBEST, most IDIOTIC, self-righteous screw-ups are allowed to have children any day of the week.

If your child tries drugs, no big deal - that is understood. If your child is arrested for dealing drugs or possession, that is YOUR fault for not talking to your child about drugs and it is YOUR fault for not teaching your child right from wrong. Oh yeah, how is that first row at Church on Sundays for you? Did you arrive safely in your new BMW that you work 80 hours a work for?

Best of luck to you idiots - you've brought it on yourselves. Good lessons to teach your other children, too - LET'S BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR OUR PROBLEMS!!!

Good luck in life - you'll need it....

Posted by: Jams ()
Date: April 19, 2009 09:10PM

+1

I couldn't agree more

Posted by: Realisitc2 ()
Date: April 19, 2009 09:45PM

Ummmm....

How about personal responsibility and screwed up fcps administrators?!?!?!?

School administrators no longer take responsibility for their children - if a kid tries pot, buys pot, or ADMITS TO SMOKING POT (like Barak Obama, Al Gore, Clarence Thomas) for possession, do they deserve to be around thousands of other kids?? And then the question is asked, what is it with the TRULY idiot administrators who say "No other kids would ever do that!!".

Of course not - they don't even know their students!!!!!!! Don't blame someone else for your extreme life short falls - we need a license to drive, to hunt and to fish, but the DUMBEST, most IDIOTIC, self-righteous screw-ups are allowed to have children any day of the week (like Ted Kennedy).

If your child tries drugs, no big deal - that is understood. If your child is arrested for dealing drugs or possession, (like Al Gore and Geore Bush's kids) that is life and it happens to many many people for not talking to their child about drugs and it is NO ONE'S fault because our even Olympic champions and Presidents have also done it. Oh yeah, how is that first row at Church on Sundays for you? Did you arrive safely in your new BMW that you work 80 hours a work for?

Best of luck to you idiots - they have brought it on themselveselves. Good lessons to teach your other children, too - LET'S BLAME SOMEONE ELSE FOR OUR PROBLEMS!!!

Good luck in life - you'll need it bub....

Posted by: Mert ()
Date: April 19, 2009 09:48PM

Here's another whiny excuse making IDIOT who has been ARRESTED. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and accepting the consequences for you actions. Does this guy need some cheese to go with that whine?

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: Jams ()
Date: April 19, 2009 09:48PM

Why are duplicate posts showing up?

Posted by: Lop ()
Date: April 19, 2009 09:49PM

Here's another whiny excuse making IDIOT who has been ARRESTED. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and accepting the consequences for you actions. Does this guy need some cheese to go with that whine?

+1

Posted by: sdafasdfsda ()
Date: April 19, 2009 09:56PM

zero tolerance rules

Posted by: asasasdfsdas ()
Date: April 19, 2009 09:59PM

Kewl. So why is that pervert Assistant Principal in Loudon County that the Post featured whining like a little bitch. Boo-hoo I was arrested, waa, waaa, waa I was treated so unfairly...pffft

Posted by: Mojo ()
Date: April 19, 2009 11:30PM

Did the rules change where students can bring a gram of pot to school?

Posted by: Jomo ()
Date: April 20, 2009 12:36AM

Supreme Court Justice Clarence is an admitted pot user. So is Olympic Champion Micael Phelps. So is former Vice President and Nobel Prize Winner Al Gore. And Senator John Kerry is another pot user.So is former President Bill Clinton. Oh, and former Senator John Edwards too. Oh, and Senator Norm Cooleman is another pot user. What the hell, do these guys think the rules don't apply to them?

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 20, 2009 01:50AM

Jomo Wrote:
> Supreme Court Justice Clarence is an admitted pot
> user. So is Olympic Champion Micael Phelps. So is
> former Vice President and Nobel Prize Winner Al
> Gore. And Senator John Kerry is another pot
> user.So is former President Bill Clinton. Oh, and
> former Senator John Edwards too. Oh, and Senator
> Norm Cooleman is another pot user. What the hell,
> do these guys think the rules don't apply to them?

Good point! Do you know what all of those famous people named have in common? They didn't go to FCPS, they didn't get busted in physical possesion of marijauna, and they didn't get busted twice.

No, FCPS rules do not apply to people who smoked weed 20-30 years ago in a totally different jurisdiction, what an injustice!

Posted by: Fair ()
Date: April 20, 2009 05:06AM

I hope Dale and the SB kids have to go through the nazi death camp also.

Date: April 20, 2009 09:21AM

Fair Wrote:
> I hope Dale and the SB kids have to go through the
> nazi death camp also.

Somebody is really obsessed with Nazi death camps and Jews.

Posted by: NutWing ()
Date: April 20, 2009 11:00AM

Wingnut wrote:

"Good point! Do you know what all of those famous people named have in common? They didn't go to FCPS, they didn't get busted in physical possesion of marijauna, and they didn't get busted twice.

No, FCPS rules do not apply to people who smoked weed 20-30 years ago in a totally different jurisdiction, what an injustice!"

Good point! Do you know what all of those famous people named have in common? They all smked pot! In some cases they all smoked pot repeatedly!.

No, the same rules do not apply to powerful people who openly admitted they broke the law and smoked weed in their youth like the unfortunate SL student. Yet they were not hounded and harassed mercilessly by ruthless and gutless fcps administrators. What an example of perfect justice!

Posted by: Bone ()
Date: April 20, 2009 11:01AM

Parent wrote:

"Somebody is really obsessed with Nazi death camps and Jews."

Indeed. FCPS Hearing Officers are. They use them as models on how to treat the Fairfax students.

Posted by: Mother ()
Date: April 20, 2009 11:17AM

Your kid can easily get into VCU, Radford or Longwood. He can smoke all the pot he wants there and nobody seems to care. This should also put your mind to rest as parent that he might be disciplined for doing drugs.

Posted by: Muther ()
Date: April 20, 2009 11:35AM

Your kid can easily get into Harvard Law School (Barak Obama) Harvard Law School (like Clarence Thomas and Bill Clinton) or Harvard Business School (like George Bush). They can also just got to plain ol Harvard (like Nobel Prize Winner Al Gore) They can smoke all the pot they want there and nobody seems to care. This should also put your mind to rest as parent that he might be disciplined for doing drugs.

Posted by: Dotty ()
Date: April 20, 2009 11:56AM

Actually, Clarence Thomas and Bill Clinton went to Yale Law School, so add that one to the list of safe pot schools :) Anyway, don't waste your time with phony holier-than-thou blowhards like "Mother". What she doesn't realize is that her precious widdle baby is only a Luden's cough drop away from the fcps nazis turning on her.

Posted by: Penny Foeva ()
Date: April 22, 2009 12:02PM

My best friend smokes over a half ounce of marijuana every other week. I do not think that there is anything wrong with that. If life gives you lemons, throw them at FCPS employees. Our lives are our lives. FCPS ruins everything.

:(

Posted by: ViennaSue ()
Date: April 22, 2009 12:59PM

"The all-powerful FCPS" you referred IS ALL POWERFUL. You obviously do not have children in the "system." FCPS has not killed my son (yet) but it certainly has nearly destroyed his chances at a normal life.

I raised him to have a very strong sense of ethical behavior, of what is right and wrong in how we treat each other in this pluralistic world. Yet time after time, year after year, for 10 years, my son has come up against unethical behaviors from teachers, principles, counselors, and committees.

Each and every school has enormous AUTONOMY in how they spend their budgets and how they implement county-wide rules. Principals and teachers are burdened with bureaucratic responsibilities and the ever increasing red-tape of rules and regulations. But every day they also have enormous power and authority over our children.

There is no credo in the public school system to "FIRST DO NO HARM." Following the rules is far more important than the safety and well-being of our very own children. It is as if children are things or commodities, not individuals with feelings, sensitivities, and the right to be treated fairly as humans beings.

And as parents, we are completely in the dark. Decisions are made within FCPS at every level to do what is in the best interest of the school and the system, NOT what is in the best interest in the child. We must hire advocates and specialists to tell us what the schools and staff know BUT DO NOT TELL THE PARENTS. In my situation, a Fairfax County Judge actually ordered an attorney be assigned to our family to be an advocate for my son AGAINST FCPS. It was obvious to the judge that my son's civil right to due process had been violated by FCPS.

But don't get me wrong, there are many wonderful teachers and other FCPS people that are truly excellent. But what teachers and specialists learn in their education about the best ways to teach and treat children, cannot be applied within the behemoth of FCPS. The public school system is about 30 years behind in applying what educators themselves know NOW about how to effectively and compassionately educate our children.

Posted by: Sped ()
Date: April 22, 2009 01:56PM

your kid is "special ed." isn't he? hide behind that pack of lies.

Posted by: Jebus ()
Date: April 23, 2009 04:11AM

How in gods name can you hold the parents accountable in a country where parents spend more time at work then they do with their kids, and usually end up kicking them on their butts outta the house at the legal age of consent for most states anyway.

"Look at me, I'm wonder parent! My child eats cardboard cereal and defecates golden excrement! My child would never do such a thing, because I talked to him about the dangers of touching himself, touching others, picking his nose, picking other peoples' noses, and touching drugs. I even told him to stay away from anything with a speedometer that goes higher than 30 mph, has a pH higher than 8, is in the infrared range of the spectrum, or has two or more valence electrons."

Posted by: the cause ()
Date: March 22, 2010 04:18PM

It's not just FCPS it's the whole government. They've tried prohibition before, everyone knows it doesn't work. As votes we can change this terrible injustice unconstitutional law.

Posted by: Experimenting? ()
Date: March 22, 2010 04:29PM

One post claimed: "FCPS knows the majority of teenagers experiment with drugs and alcohol..."

Based on what research/statistics do you make this claim?

Posted by: Kill this Thread ()
Date: March 22, 2010 07:10PM

END THIS STUPID THREAD NOW (please!)

Posted by: FCPShasproblems ()
Date: April 15, 2010 11:52AM

FCPS officials ARE like Nazis!

We just went through some horrible circumstances ourselves. My 15yr old boy was suspended and recommended for expulsion for something he was not guilty for. This had nothing to do with one of those zero-tolerance issues either.

My son was also criminally charged by the SRO (I think the SRO has some serious issues and need help).

The ending results:
-Hearings officer pronounced my son guilty and moved him to another school. The hearings officer stated in his letter that my son admitted to guilt – which he most certainly did NOT. There is a reason why recording devices are banned from the proceedings!!
-Hearings officer sent letter to SRO to use against my son in the criminal case.
-The Commonwealth attorney took one look at the case and dropped it before the trial…it was THAT evident my son was innocent.
-We are out thousands of dollars (lawyers), took days off work to sort through all this.
-Contemplating getting counseling for our son. For those of you who think only kids with “issues” will get depressed enough to do something drastic – YOU ARE WRONG!! FCPS can make any normal, rational, happy person crazy enough to do just about anything!

We are trying to find the money to get help to expunge the records to give my son a shot at a decent university. Records stick no matter what the outcome until the kid is 19.

Zero Tolerance is NOT the problem. The problem is that the Nazis working for FCPS COVER for each other and will do anything to justify each others’ actions and they all work as a team – against your kid if he/she is unfortunate enough to fall under their radar.

I don’t know how they sleep at nights.

Posted by: ten ()
Date: April 15, 2010 12:06PM

While there are some decent folks living here, Fairfax County also has some mentally disturbed residents. Some people refuse to do the morally CORRECT thing unless they will get a tangible advantage from it in the process. They rarely do the right thing just because it's the right thing to do.

to the previous poster: I hope you get the support and help regarding your student's record. It's very stressful to have to go to battle for your student. Especially when your student is innocent!

Posted by: they need to be stopped ()
Date: April 15, 2010 01:27PM

To FCPShasproblems-

I am sorry for what they put you and your child thru. The system is seriously dysfunctional and in open violation of constitutional protections-like basic Due Process.

1. You have every right to record those hearings. If you would challenge that rule in court, you would win. Those idiots cannot deny you an official record of an expulsion hearing-period. This is not debatable.

2. FCPS has a history of 100% "conviction" rates. That is, any recommendation for expulsion that is made by a principal is upheld by the hearings office-100%-and there were about 700 expulsion recommendations last school year. 700 and not one reversal or finding in favor of the student. No court in the US would be ok with this-they would question the "fairness" or any hearing that has no reversals of finding in favor of the student.

I would file a complaint about the principal and the SRO. Also, be sure you write a letter stating what actually DID happen and FCPS is REQUIRED to put it in your child's educational file. Don't let them have the final word.

The Day of Reckoning is coming to Eileen Grattan and her henchmen. It is only a matter of time. FCPS is looking at a MAJOR class action lawsuit and it will leave an ugly stain on the reputation of this school district.

Hang in there-help is on the way.

Posted by: Been There ()
Date: April 16, 2010 08:05AM

When that Class Action suit is filed, please issue an invitation. There are thousands of former FCPS students who have been denied their right to an education when all they should have received was a scolding.

No one knows what it is like until you have been there. Other Parents are incredulous when we tell them our story and think we must be paranoid nuts.

We went for what we thought was a chat with the Principal that turned ugly the minute he opened his mouth. My child is no angel, but in this case he was innocent and was not criminally charged with anything. Yet, they were laying the track down to railroad him out of school.

And, when we tried to record our "conversation" on an I-phone, we were asked to leave.

Since that fully armed SRO goon was standing there, thought that might be a good idea. Try recording a school official or a hearing - it won't happen.

What will happen - there will be an Aaron Brown style killing on a FCPS campus. It is only a matter of time.

Posted by: what is right ()
Date: April 16, 2010 09:31AM

Not surprised that this is how FCPS handles situations. Our student was ganged up on in an FCPS middle school. Our student did NOT initiate the incident. Our student was pulled out of classes for the rest of the day, and NO phone call was made to me at home. My student told me what happened after school. I immediately went back to the school and politely requested to talk to the student services director.

The students who started the problem were the same race as the assistant principal and the director. They told me that MY student may have to have Saturday detention as punishment. I wrote an e-mail stating that if this was not resolved to my complete satisfaction, I would file an assault charge with the Fairfax County Police Department against the students who attacked my student.

The admin. dropped their threat of punishment of my student. If my student had started or helped continue the problem, my student and I would have accepted the consequences. But my student did not start the situation and attempted to get out as quickly and appropriately as possible. No one helped. The trouble makers were/are KNOWN troublemakers, but they were not going to punish them at all. They planned to punish the student who does not cause disruptions in school. What hypocrites.

Date: April 16, 2010 09:54AM

FCPS employs a small army of overpaid Administrators who prey on the weaker students/victims. My child was punished for standing NEXT to the guilty offender - they do this - they will round up a whole group of nearby students and see what they can get to stick on whom by getting the kids to accuse each other falsely or not. Doesn't matter to them who is innocent and who is guilty.

These overpaid administrators go after the "low hanging fruit" - kids who will confess or over confess, when they were just witnesses or even victims. The real student criminals get away time after time. One of the worse offenders at my child's former school was the child of an administrator - he was a bully who operated without any impunity. In a system this large, parents should not be working at the schools their child attends.

Unfortunately, State Law backs up the School system. There is no justice in schools. I don't believe this was the intent of the State, but it is the effect.

And the latest state law to be abused is dragging attendence problems into the Juvenile Court system. The Courts are clogged with kids and their parents who swear they contacted the school for every absence and the school screwed up the record. Another waste of judicial time. They would be better off hearing expulsion cases - there they could get at least a recorded hearing and allowed to present a defense.

Posted by: Fairfax Whine Festival Coordinator ()
Date: April 16, 2010 02:35PM

Its the schools fault, no its the hearing offices fault, its the SROs fault, its the principals fault, its other students fault, it societies fault for electing the school board. It couldnt be poor parenting or young adults making poor life decisions , no it couldnt be that, could it?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 16, 2010 02:36PM

I blame Canada

Date: April 16, 2010 03:00PM

You can do everything you can as a parent and still have a screwed up kid, I get that.

What I don't get is FCPS going out of its way to make a minor discipline problem into an explusion case and yet the violent gangs and bullies still rule the school.

Maybe they are just thinning the herd.

Wait until it happens to your progeny, unless Whine Coordinating precludes conception.

Posted by: Whine coordination ()
Date: April 16, 2010 03:43PM

Well all of mine made it through without getting kicked out or having to visit the principals office. There is no mystery as to how to accomplish that, go to school to learn, go to class, leave other people alone, dont bring stuff to school they mention in the yellow book we all signed. Pretty simple, pretty much like the rules you have to follow all your life.Just try doing the right things . There were plenty who went there with a whole list of other crap to do and the school did a good jod of "thinning the herd" to everyones elses benefit.

Date: April 17, 2010 07:02AM

Whine coordination Wrote:
> Well all of mine made it through without getting
> kicked out or having to visit the principals
> office. There is no mystery as to how to
> accomplish that, go to school to learn, go to
> class, leave other people alone, dont bring stuff
> to school they mention in the yellow book we all
> signed. Pretty simple, pretty much like the rules
> you have to follow all your life.Just try doing
> the right things . There were plenty who went
> there with a whole list of other crap to do and
> the school did a good jod of "thinning the herd"
> to everyones elses benefit.

enjoy your bricks.

Posted by: sureright ()
Date: April 17, 2010 11:54AM

Yes, whine coordinator, many students here in FCPS do the right things to stay out of trouble. Yet there are still troublemakers who will act out and disrupt the class. The ones who do cause the problems often attempt to pin the blame on other students, and sometimes the administration avoids punishment if the students causing the problems are non-white. It seems like there are huge protector shields around certain students here in Fairfax County.

Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: April 17, 2010 09:50PM

Whine coordination Wrote:
> Well all of mine made it through without getting kicked out or having to visit the principals office. There is no mystery as to how to> accomplish that, go to school to learn, go to class, leave other people alone, dont bring stuff to school they mention in the yellow book we all signed. Pretty simple, pretty much like the rules you have to follow all your life.Just try doing the right things . There were plenty who went there with a whole list of other crap to do and the school did a good jod of "thinning the herd" to everyones elses benefit.<

Condescending, self-righteous nazi.

FCPS has more than its share of sadist meglomaniac's whose greatest joy is busting some kids balls for entertainment purposes. They are sick screws who get away with murder. Example, Tim Arrington should have been terminated a year ago after the suicide but Bruce has no balls and won't fire him.

Date: April 18, 2010 06:53AM

Thomas More Wrote:
> Tim Arrington should have been terminated a year
> ago after the suicide but Bruce has no balls and
> won't fire him.

you should not punish one person for the actions of another.

it's interesting how people only give a damn about the suffering of those who commit suicide after the fact. every year over a million people commit suicide, globally. however, the only thing society has to offer those people are PSAs saying, "dont commit suicide, it will make your friends and family feel sad," completely ignoring the reason they want to commit suicide in the first place. they should also have PSAs telling people to stop dying from cancer because it's just as helpful.

Date: April 18, 2010 12:19PM

Gravis Wrote:
> you should not punish one person for the actions of another.

Hard to take Gravis' conscending generalities seriously when he knows nothing of the situation.

Josh's suicide and his subsequent persecution of Josh's friends revealed and emphasized to all that Arrington is congenitally incapable of dealing with young people.

Certainly Josh took his own life.

Unquestionably Arrington continues to be a sadist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2010 12:19PM by Thomas More.

Date: April 21, 2010 10:10AM

Thomas More Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > you should not punish one person for the actions
> of another.
>
> Hard to take Gravis' conscending generalities
> seriously when he knows nothing of the situation.
>
> Josh's suicide and his subsequent persecution of
> Josh's friends revealed and emphasized to all that
> Arrington is congenitally incapable of dealing
> with young people.

if he is to be punished, punish him for his actions. if he is being unreasonable then he should be held accountable for it.

Posted by: Loathing this mindless tripe ()
Date: April 24, 2010 11:53AM

Why is FCPS to blame for this?

Did FCPS sell the kid pot?
Did FCPS tell the kid to smoke pot on school grounds?
Did FCPS object to him breaking the law for using illegal drugs on school property?
(Can you imagine the howls if they did nothing to this person?)

Do we blame the police for arresting drug dealers or users?

BTW, if an FCPS employee drinks or smokes drugs etc on FCPS property... fired and lose license, etc, pretty much immediately. I wouldn't have it any other way.

ATOD 'offenses' are not always auto explusion. Having 'chiclets' in an unlabeled baggie (drugs? candy?) can lead to some ATOD paperwork, for example. Should that be expulsion? Creating a paper trail of ATOD behaviors for a persistent offender can effectively give them a choice to change behavior or face consequences - yes, I mean for drugs, not chicklets.

Posted by: FCPShasproblems ()
Date: May 03, 2010 04:35PM

I would strongly suggest that EVERYONE educate their kids about their right to REMAIN SILENT. Your student has the right not to answer any questions without a parent or a lawyer present - regardless of what the questions are about - because school "laws" are frighteningly similar to criminal laws - meaning that anything you say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST you (your student). It doesn't matter the guilt or innocence - they are just looking for things they can USE against your student. They will FORCE your student to write things down that the student is not entirely comfortable writing down and from our experience - not the entire story - just the parts they can use.

The SRO will LIE and intimidate to get your student to make statements that can be used against him/her. This is a common practice in the police force - they can lawfully LIE to get information that can be used against the accused. And they place these exact same police officers to deal with students in schools.

In a school setting, it's actually much worse because the administrators will hold your student until they get what they want out of the student WITHOUT notifying the parents/guardians until such time they see fit to make the notification - this is all LEGAL!

They ALL work together to see your student punished the the MAXIMUM - all it takes is for your kid to be in the wrong place/wrong time or with wrong people. Doesn't matter the guilt or innocence.

Since when did these people forget that they are working with kids?

To the condescending, self-righteous poster....being a good kid is not enough to keep safe from these nazis. Your kids all made it out okay due to sheer DUMB LUCK just like the huge number of BAD kids who make it out of FCPS okay.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 03, 2010 05:28PM

FCPS hasn't destroyed a life or caused a suicide in months, maybe longer.

I think they've learned their lesson and it's time to move on.

Posted by: hup ()
Date: May 03, 2010 05:48PM

No all the whiners have moved to Delaware and are crying there

Date: May 06, 2010 01:11AM

Arrington is "retiring." What in hell took so long?

Posted by: tmill9 ()
Date: May 11, 2010 10:35AM

The Zero Tolerance policy doesn't expetl a kid for possession but it does for distributing. Expel is supposed to mean being kicked out of the school system entirely but FCPS transfers the problem from one school to another. If this kid was "expelled" from Langley it was because he was dealing, not just for possession or he had multiple offenses. The policy also stipulates an automatic suspension depending on if it was possession or distribution, and prohibition of participating in extracuricular activities for 30 days.

And, if you know anything about FCPS, they bend over backwards to "help" kids. So, it's a good bet that his kid had had a lot more issues with the school administration than this one incident. And, oh by the way, FCPS cannot expel a kid on its own, it must be approved by the School Board, all elected officials.

Posted by: tmill9 ()
Date: May 11, 2010 10:46AM

Just to clarify my previous post. FCPS has an established drug, weapon, violence policy. However, I totally agree with some of the provious posters about some of the administrators who are uselss, small minded and abusive and obscenely overpaid. Some are genuinely caring sometimes too much so, and some are frustrated despots.

Posted by: fmil10 ()
Date: May 11, 2010 08:15PM

Just wait until your student has an issue at FCPS and see who bends over backwards to help your student. Huge hint, it won't be the FCPS adminstration.

Pages: Previous123456AllNext
Current Page: 5 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.