HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ebola is being allowed to Spread for Profit
Posted by: Jay P123 ()
Date: October 02, 2014 11:16PM

Seriously, does this not piss anyone else off that they keep bringing Ebola patients back to the US? The health workers (and researchers) there are heros beyond words and the most compassionate people on earth. But I hate to say it, you have to leave them there - they assumed the risk. Their intended compassion towards mankind likely heavily outweighs what they are getting paid, BUT it does a DISSERVICE if you are going to bring your disease back here and risk an epidemic that could potentially kill or greatly sicken thousands of people.

Viruses mutate, and who knows if this can turn into an easier way to transmit like via airborne. ALL commercial to and from infected countries need to halt IMMEDIATELY. That is an easy no-brainer step number ONE. How I'm sure the government can reimburse airlines fairly in a fair loss of revenue.

ZMapp (the possible cure) is manufactured in the tobacco plant Nicotiana benthamiana in the bioproduction process known as "pharming" by Kentucky BioProcessing, a subsidiary of Reynolds American. Thats right Reynolds, the 2nd largest tobacco company in America. I wonder how much money they spent lobbying for lax virus containment proceedures! (or paid off corrupt politicians to do nothing about it)

I wish the "journalists" would do a REAL story for once and research all the companies that are likely to profit if Ebola spreads even more and into the U.S. Leaf Biopharmaceutical, Mapp Biopharm, REYNOLDS etc. and all industries that would profit and see if they have any ties into lobbying, influence, shady deals with corrupt and greedy politicians etc. Because I seriously don't understand the complete ignorance that is going on with the CDC, Congress and any entity that can inform or has influence on quarantine or disease prevention procedures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ebola is being allowed to Spread for Profit
Posted by: Nostradamus ()
Date: October 03, 2014 10:03AM

blah blah blah blah blah

Posted by: hoboy ()
Date: October 03, 2014 10:06AM

"Ebola is being allowed to Spread for Profit "

So essentially you're saying that your mother is like Ebola?

Posted by: Ej9C4 ()
Date: October 03, 2014 02:54PM

breaking quarantine for money or racial attack is serious

if it were proven it could be a dealth penalty

ask me - i'll do it if there's enough proof

Posted by: cookies 7 ()
Date: October 05, 2014 08:19AM

hoboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Ebola is being allowed to Spread for Profit "
>
> So essentially you're saying that your mother is
> like Ebola?

Now that was actually funny

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.