HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bunny Man Bridge Stories
Posted by: Your vote Counts ()
Date: January 15, 2019 05:46AM

Does anyone have any interesting stories or encounters at the bunnyman bridge in Clifton, VA?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bunny Man Bridge Stories
Posted by: Mike Mattress ()
Date: January 15, 2019 05:59AM

Or Midgetville in Vienna VA?

Posted by: thisonetime ()
Date: January 16, 2019 12:15AM

A few years ago I was driving down cholchester rd. looking for a place to bang my girl friend. It was late at night so I figured bunny man bridge here we come. Suddenly I started to get a really strong bad feeling about that then just at that second I saw a street sign on the right that said Yellow brick rd. I thought to myself, follow the yellow brick rd. Nice dark road, no lights. We parked and fucked there. Good call on my part for sure. True story, lived to tell about it, Good times!!

Posted by: Trespasser ()
Date: January 18, 2019 12:38AM

In spring 2015 I (male) took 5 of my friends (all female— calm down i’m gay) there as they’d never been. It was a monday maybe like 9pm and when we showed up i wanted to get out and climb up atop the bridge as i had plenty of times before. Pulled the keys out of the ignition and sat for a minute telling them the tale of the bunny man at which point they got kinda freaked out and decided to stay in the car.

We sat there and kept talking for maybe 5 minutes, until someone in the backseat gasped and froze staring out the back window on my side of the car, i turned to my right to look at her and saw everyone else’s faces freeze in horror and the girl right behind me kinda yelped... just as i realized what was happening and started to turn to see who must be approaching, someone started pounding on the back window as they moved toward my door.

I turned just in time to see a man with a huge white dog come up and rip my door open (it was unlocked from when i’d been planning to get out), and for a second he just stood and stared at me, clearly enraged.

He started telling me this was private property and we were trespassing and before i had a chance to tell him we’d leave, he started yelling at me to get out of the car. I was like “um... no? What the fuck dude we can just leave you’re being kinda crazy” and at that point he lost his shit and started really yelling in my ear, and he saw my keys sitting on my lap and tried to grab at them but i pushed his arm away and started yelling some profanities, he eyed the big metal cop flashlight i keep next to the seat and tried to grab that but luckily his dog was doing its own thing and the leash pulled his arm away long enough for me to grab the door handle. He caught it just before it shut and was trying to force it back open saying he was gonna call the police and i said “likewise,” and finally got the thought to grab my keys with my free hand and start the car and i drove off while he was still holding the door and then closed it after he had to let go.

I watched him in the mirror as we sped away and it really freaked me out to see he’d let go of the leash and begun sprinting after us until he realized he couldn’t keep up, and then he just let out a raw scream and just as we passed through the bridge it looked like he was bending down to pick something up (i’ve always assumed he was grabbing a rock or something to throw at the car), but we’d cleared the corner before he could throw anything.

I told my dad about it when i got home and he actually made me call the police and report it and the woman at the station actually sounded pretty concerned which i wasn’t expecting. After that i read up on all the stories about a crazy man yelling about trespassing and stuff and what’s weird is the guy could kinda match the descriptions in those other reports.

What made it so confusing though was that he didn’t look crazy or dangerous, he was maybe 5’10, white, maybe in his mid 50s but looked really fit and healthy, and was wearing like a flannel and jeans and a baseball cap. Aside from the psycho behavior he actually might’ve been kinda hot lol. Also the dog threw me off cause it looked totally friendly and docile.

I still can’t figure out where he could’ve walked up from though... I’d been checking my mirrors and peripherals the whole time we were parked there up to the moment the first girl gasped, and all i can think was that he had to have walked straight out of that bamboo forest that’s on the right as you first come through the bridge (we’d turned around and were facing the bridge, so the bamboo was on our left side, and we were parked just before that concrete driveway on our right).

Never heard back from the police about it. I’ve gone back a few times since it happened, but I won’t ever park and sit around there again. I just drive friends through the bridge who haven’t seen it before then turn around and leave haha.

All in all made for a perfect story but I still wonder what he would have done if i’d stepped out or if he’d gotten ahold of that nightstick-flashlight. The only logical explanation is that he’s a resident sick of kids partying down there, which i get, but to say he overreacted is an understatement. Not to mention he completely fed into the lore of the crazy man yelling at trespassers haha, dumbass.

Posted by: Too long ()
Date: January 18, 2019 03:03AM

Nice story bro. Too bad it was so long, I stopped reading halfway through.

Posted by: Antiasshat ()
Date: January 18, 2019 04:25PM

To the gay guy with the Bunnyman story. First off sounds like total bullshit. Second, next time invite some of your straight friends along so they can have fun with the five women in your car while you’re out prancing around the woods scaring yourself silly.

Posted by: don'tgothere ()
Date: January 18, 2019 11:41PM

Follow the yellow brick road, like the song says.
Attachments:
bunnyman.png

Posted by: Fear the Bunnyman ()
Date: January 19, 2019 08:27PM

Is the Bunnyman afraid of snow? Will he be out tonight?

Posted by: funny bunny ()
Date: December 08, 2020 08:39PM

Just an fyi, the series "Lore" on Amazon Prime, season 1 episode 2 begins with a 3 minute piece on the Bunnyman bridge in Clifton folklore. Nice pictures, though they debunk most of the story.

Posted by: Kimberly Raux ()
Date: September 22, 2022 11:13AM

While Colchester overpass is widely known as Bunny Man bridge, there's another tunnel if you follow the bridge further into the woods. There are weird markings on the trees, too. My cousins tried to do a film shoot down there, and well, long story short, it didn't work out. I always thought the Bunny Man legend was a joke, but since my cousins' encounter around five years ago, nothing has been the same. Everyone I consider family is now gone. If anyone out there is willing to hear my story, please see my blog at https://thebunnymantookmyfamily.com/.
Attachments:
Bunny man symbol.jpg
Bunny Man Bridge.jpg
Bunny Man.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.