HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Meat trucks
Posted by: JT ()
Date: March 12, 2009 04:48PM

What is up with these young guys driving around in pick up trucks selling frozen meat door to door? They knock on our door every few months. Who buys this meat? It's hundreds of dollars worth of FROZEN meat - one has no idea where it came from or the quality/age of it. Gross.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meat trucks
Posted by: DG ()
Date: March 12, 2009 05:12PM

I like meat.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 12, 2009 05:21PM

The meat stinks, it's lucky if it can rate as select.The quality is about what you'll get at Murrays Steaks in PG. The sales slicksters grease you up with the pressure pitch and often sell packages of different cuts and quantities- if they don't profit from the one, they'll go town on you with the other.

If their meat was any good, they'd sell it in stores. These people are close cousins of the white van stereo scammers.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: March 12, 2009 05:43PM

I've seen this happen in PA, but never here. I'm actually surprised they'd be doing it in an affluent area like Fairfax- people tend to have money around here and would be less inclined to buy meat from some random dude in a truck.

What I always wondered is: who the hell would even take a job like that? You really must be at rock bottom if you're driving around selling frozen meat out of a truck. I'd feel like a complete buffoon if I had to do something like that, it's hard to imagine they could find someone to do this.

Posted by: dono ()
Date: March 12, 2009 08:19PM

It happened to me and I told them I didnt eat meat and the guy cussed me and said he didnt believe me cause I have a nice grill in the carport...

Posted by: Meat Me in St. Louis ()
Date: March 12, 2009 10:42PM

I had one of these idiots try to pressure my wife. He said he had a delivery for someone in the neighborhood and that the person wasn't home. He said if he didn't get someone to take the meat off his hands, he would be fired. My wife nicely told him to go away and he got all belligerent on her. She still said, "No."

All these guys seem to be black. What's up with that?

Posted by: ooohhhh ()
Date: March 13, 2009 12:04AM

Meat Me in St. Louis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had one of these idiots try to pressure my wife.
> He said he had a delivery for someone in the
> neighborhood and that the person wasn't home. He
> said if he didn't get someone to take the meat off
> his hands, he would be fired. My wife nicely told
> him to go away and he got all belligerent on her.
> She still said, "No."
>
> All these guys seem to be black. What's up with
> that?

I got some meat for your wife.

Date: March 13, 2009 07:07AM

The guy that came to my house was lilly white. He claimed to have 'the cancer' as he coughed and brought a young boy with him he claimed to be his son - in the pouring rain...

no shit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2009 03:37PM by dono.

Date: March 13, 2009 07:48AM

The line these scammers will use is often one that " I had a delivery in the area and the person isn't home! I can't take this meat back to the shop!" or " I was given too much product by my boss and I want to sell it off the books at a real discount!"

Its all BS, it's just inferior grade meat. It's easy enough to put cooers in the back of Ford Rangers filled with crappy meat and dry ice. The sales guys work for commission only.

SCAM! Stay away..

Posted by: Veggie ()
Date: March 13, 2009 07:55AM

Last year there was an older man who came to my house who also claimed he had "cancer" and who coughed the whole time. He had an a younger boy with him who was obviously mentally disabled and it was sad that this creep was using the disabled boy for a simpathy ploy to sell meat from the back of his truck. I told him I'm not buying what he's selling and then he got really nasty with me. I told him to get off my property before I call the cops. He left and but continued cussing me out until he reached my neighbor's house.

Posted by: Narp ()
Date: March 13, 2009 08:32AM

They have been around for a while. About 15 years ago,a guy came to my door and knocked. When I didn't answer, he left a bag of meat on the doorstep of my townhouse in Annandale.

After he left I found it and put it in my freezer, thinking he delivered it to the wrong house. I asked around and no one claimed it. The next day he came again and when I said I didn't order it, he took it away.

What if it had been sitting out all day and he tried to sell it to someone else? It looked really gross, too.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 13, 2009 08:54AM

The guys selling live animals out of the back of a truck are really crossing the line.....

Posted by: Claude Hopper ()
Date: March 13, 2009 08:54AM

These dudes tried to hit me up a while ago. Pathetic. Now I have the guys trying to sell me vinyl windows door to door. I've had about 3 different groups come through my neighborhood in the last 3 months trying to sell a window job. WTF !! Like I'm going to buy a big window job off some guy just showing up at my house pitching a deal. Idiots.

Date: March 13, 2009 09:18AM

lol, out of curiousity I googled the phrase 'selling meat out of a truck' (without quotes), and it came up with a whole bunch of hits, mostly other forums with threads just like this one.

apparently this is a nationwide entrepreneurial phenomenon!

Posted by: Veggie ()
Date: March 13, 2009 09:30AM

With regard to the idiots coming door to door selling vinyl windows and siding, I tell them my house is in foreclosure and I'm not putting any money in it. That shuts them up and gets them off your property pretty fast!

Date: March 13, 2009 09:48AM

bobcat_meatbob.jpg

Posted by: Mmm...Stranger's Meat ()
Date: March 13, 2009 10:11AM

This same dude hit me up around 2000-2001 out in Gainesville!!! I had just picked my infant daughter from the neighbor's house and this guy was in another neighbor's drive. It was about 100 degrees and next thing I know, he was at my door with this mentally disabled kid and gave me some line about somebody not being home for a delivery and he can't take the meat back to the shop per health regulations. He just HAD to get rid of this meat because his son "is disabled and shouldn't be out in this heat". Shameless.

Said he had crabcakes "as big as your fist" and steaks of any cut and size. I shooed him away with some nonsense about shellfish allergies. Luckily, I don't eat red meat so at least I was honest on that front.

A year later another guy came around with same "failed delivery" story, but sans retarded kid. I called him out with the story from the guy from a year before. What the hell kind of business is this? At least with Schwann's it looks legit. These guys have coolers in their pickup. How clean/safe is that?

________
Last year there was an older man who came to my house who also claimed he had "cancer" and who coughed the whole time. He had an a younger boy with him who was obviously mentally disabled and it was sad that this creep was using the disabled boy for a simpathy ploy to sell meat from the back of his truck. I told him I'm not buying what he's selling and then he got really nasty with me. I told him to get off my property before I call the cops. He left and but continued cussing me out until he reached my neighbor's house.

Posted by: Liam ()
Date: March 13, 2009 10:31AM

Wingnut is dead on. I've also seen and heard aout many of the same experiences in my neighborhood, right down to neighbors being cussed out and the guy with "cancer" becoming indignant with his son looking on. Steer clear.

Posted by: walkman ()
Date: March 13, 2009 12:45PM

Veggie Wrote:
> Last year there was an older man who came to my
> house who also claimed he had "cancer" and who
> coughed the whole time. He had an a younger boy
> with him who was obviously mentally disabled and
> it was sad that this creep was using the disabled
> boy for a simpathy ploy to sell meat from the back
> of his truck. I told him I'm not buying what he's
> selling and then he got really nasty with me. I
> told him to get off my property before I call the
> cops. He left and but continued cussing me out
> until he reached my neighbor's house.

Yea...thats what I want. Some meat being sold out of a cooler in the back of a truck from some guy who's coughing all over the place.

He would probably have better luck if he waited in the car and had his mentally disabled son sell the goods door to door.

Posted by: Fishy ()
Date: March 13, 2009 02:38PM

When I lived in Arlington trucks used to go through the neighborhood
selling fish once in a while. I have a friend who is a food salesman
and he strongly advises against buying it. It could have been disgarded
or stolen. Sometimes these guys dumpster dive wholesalers and you have
no idea what you're getting. In this case, they are long gone before
you discover what you have. You are what you eat.

Date: March 13, 2009 03:32PM

Mmm...Stranger's Meat Wrote:
>Schwanns kooks legit

Schwanns is legit, it's an established, older company who's reputation will be hurt by these other vendors. You pay a premium for the delivery of Schwanns for sure, I knew people who like the convenience. though.

I don't know where the meat truck guys get their scwhaggy merch, but I've seen some really jerry rigged looking trucks with coolers in the back, probably not too healthy by any stretch..

Fishy touched on a similar hustle,the guys who sell fruit, sometimes veggies and flowers. There's a couple of old dudes with a really old truck they'll load to the max with fruit they get up at the trucking center in Jessup, then go from store tostore and office park to office park selling it. It's perfectly OK stuff that needs to be washed like any other produce, but it's stuff that the truckers have had to throw away due to space problems etc. I buy the strawberries sometimes if they look fresh.

Posted by: nyynym25 ()
Date: March 13, 2009 10:46PM

A couple of years ago, in NC, these guys tried to sell seafood to me from the back of a truck. It was funny because they were trying to charge a lot for the stuff and that I was 6 hours away from the ocean.

Posted by: spunky1 ()
Date: March 14, 2009 11:03AM

Meat trucks came into my neighborhood in Chantilly this week. All of the people in trucks did not have a vendors license or even a valid drivers license. There is no control or inspection on the meat that is sold from the truck. We reported the presence of this truck and the police arrived in time and they were arrested, and the truck impounded.

Posted by: JHON123 ()
Date: March 14, 2009 01:57PM

i seen the guy in j v s restaurant selling to the owner last week big box

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: March 14, 2009 03:17PM

Maybe this is who sells the rancid meat to Safeway at courthouse plaza.

Posted by: Fishy ()
Date: March 14, 2009 04:11PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Mmm...Stranger's Meat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >Schwanns kooks legit
>
> Schwanns is legit, it's an established, older
> company who's reputation will be hurt by these
> other vendors. You pay a premium for the delivery
> of Schwanns for sure, I knew people who like the
> convenience. though.
>
> I don't know where the meat truck guys get their
> scwhaggy merch, but I've seen some really jerry
> rigged looking trucks with coolers in the back,
> probably not too healthy by any stretch..
>
>
> Fishy touched on a similar hustle,the guys who
> sell fruit, sometimes veggies and flowers. There's
> a couple of old dudes with a really old truck
> they'll load to the max with fruit they get up at
> the trucking center in Jessup, then go from store
> tostore and office park to office park selling it.
> It's perfectly OK stuff that needs to be washed
> like any other produce, but it's stuff that the
> truckers have had to throw away due to space
> problems etc. I buy the strawberries sometimes if
> they look fresh.

This made me think of some of the produce and fruit vendors along
the major roadways outside of the burbs. Sometimes I get the feeling
they buy it at Safeway, throw it in a basket, and try to pass it
off as "local". (after jacking up the prices of course) But then,
it gives the Yuppies that warm and fuzzy feeling if they believe
that its "farm fresh".

Posted by: vff ()
Date: March 14, 2009 05:52PM

Seriously, Spunky1? Police arrested them?

Posted by: MeatTrucker ()
Date: March 14, 2009 06:05PM

spunky1 Wrote:
> Meat trucks came into my neighborhood in Chantilly
> this week. All of the people in trucks did not
> have a vendors license or even a valid drivers
> license. There is no control or inspection on the
> meat that is sold from the truck. We reported
> the presence of this truck and the police arrived
> in time and they were arrested, and the truck
> impounded.

That's awesome if its true. I can't wait for these assholes to come into my neighborhood so I can do the same.

Date: March 14, 2009 06:26PM

"WESTFIELD ","GRADUATE ","A","019"," 4500","LEE HIGHWAY ","AV","FAIRFAX ","VA","01/10/2009","ILLEGAL MEAT SALES "

spunky1 Wrote:
> impounded.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 14, 2009 09:16PM

It's about time the government stepped in and did something about the sale of contraband meat.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: DG ()
Date: March 14, 2009 09:34PM

Send me the goddamn meat trucks.

If you lived in Mumbai, you would think they were heaven sent, wouldn't you now?

It's not like they're selling poodle meat...

Regardless of the species, get the center to a nice 165F for a few and you're ready to go.

I love meat - all day long.

Posted by: NotMumbai ()
Date: March 14, 2009 09:57PM

DG Wrote:
> Send me the goddamn meat trucks.
>
> If you lived in Mumbai, you would think they were
> heaven sent, wouldn't you now?
>
> It's not like they're selling poodle meat...
>
> Regardless of the species, get the center to a
> nice 165F for a few and you're ready to go.
>
>
>
> I love meat - all day long.

Too bad this isn't fucking mumbai. I would rather not eat spoiled rotten meat that has been handled by sweaty poor people all day.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 14, 2009 10:43PM

spunky1 Wrote:
Meat trucks came into my neighborhood in Chantilly
this week. All of the people in trucks did not
have a vendors license or even a valid drivers
license. There is no control or inspection on the
meat that is sold from the truck. We reported
the presence of this truck and the police arrived
in time and I was arrested for pyschotic behavior.

Date: March 15, 2009 09:43AM

DG Wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>

How do you know its not poodle meat?

Posted by: HebrewHammer ()
Date: March 15, 2009 10:28AM

DG Wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
Well, i'm rich and white and live in america, so piss off.
If this was Mumbai, we wouldn't be bitching about it on a message board called fairfaxunderground. we'd be trying to figure out where to sneak off when there are 14 million other people next door.
Yea, it could be worse, I could be in a slum in india, or it could be better, and I could have pam anderson show up to sell me some meat and a cure for hepatitus, and she'd say to me "handling meat all day makes me horny"
Way to add to the discussion douchebag

Posted by: Bigshow ()
Date: September 22, 2009 10:43PM

I sold meat door to door for about 7 years. You just have to have a little common sence to not get ripped off. Just like at the store, if it's USDA choice and it looks good, buy it. Watch your price and don't pay $4.00 a piece for the burgers.

Posted by: Huntington ()
Date: September 22, 2009 11:24PM

This thread makes me sick to my stomach, what the f*ck? People selling meat door to door? Gross...Really f*cking gross...

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: September 22, 2009 11:39PM

old news, i never buy that shit. though some of my neighbors have. they do have a nice selection but it never really appealed to me. i live by a few mottoes dont buy meat from a truck, and never eat sushi at a truck stop. you follow those and you will live longer than you expect

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: September 23, 2009 01:08AM

This is a business I started with a few partners about 5 years ago when we cashed out of the market.

If the guy at your door doesn't use our pre-scripted lines, please let me know, we will fire him. He is supposed to say that he was delivering the meat to a restaurant nearby [name a popular restaurant within a mile or two] and that the people loading the truck accidentally put too much meat in the back. He could go back to the meat cutting plant with the meat, or he could sell it, really cheap, to someone and pocket the money.

What we do is we go to the various dog food factories in Southern Virginia, Kentucky and Missouri, and we buy up the meat they reject. We ship that stuff back here in unrefrigerated trucks, put all kinds of red dyes and chemicals on it to make it smell and look alright, then shrink-wrap it and sell it to people who are willing to take part in pilferage schemes.

So, seriously, if any of our salesmen misrepresents themselves by not using our script about it being meat that was accidentally put on the truck, get their names and let me know. We try to run a legit business.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: September 23, 2009 01:35AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> I've seen this happen in PA, but never here. I'm
> actually surprised they'd be doing it in an
> affluent area like Fairfax- people tend to have
> money around here and would be less inclined to
> buy meat from some random dude in a truck.
>
> What I always wondered is: who the hell would even
> take a job like that? You really must be at rock
> bottom if you're driving around selling frozen
> meat out of a truck. I'd feel like a complete
> buffoon if I had to do something like that, it's
> hard to imagine they could find someone to do
> this.

I've seen people selling Kobe style steaks door-to-door, but never out of the back of a truck.

Although a long time ago I remember a truck coming around selling furniture. They had some good chairs, and some folks on my street bought from them, including my household. That was legit though, basically a clearance sale, but with meat I don't think I'd trust it simply coming from the back of a truck like that (Unless you knew the vendor).

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:05AM

Re: Meat trucks new
Date: September 23, 2009 01:08AM

This is a business I started with a few partners about 5 years ago when we cashed out of the market.

If the guy at your door doesn't use our pre-scripted lines, please let me know, we will fire him. He is supposed to say that he was delivering the meat to a restaurant nearby [name a popular restaurant within a mile or two] and that the people loading the truck accidentally put too much meat in the back. He could go back to the meat cutting plant with the meat, or he could sell it, really cheap, to someone and pocket the money.

What we do is we go to the various dog food factories in Southern Virginia, Kentucky and Missouri, and we buy up the meat they reject. We ship that stuff back here in unrefrigerated trucks, put all kinds of red dyes and chemicals on it to make it smell and look alright, then shrink-wrap it and sell it to people who are willing to take part in pilferage schemes.

So, seriously, if any of our salesmen misrepresents themselves by not using our script about it being meat that was accidentally put on the truck, get their names and let me know. We try to run a legit business.

The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Damn, thats why it tastes so good.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 08:05AM by graymoose1.

Posted by: Ribeye ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:42AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> It's about time the government stepped in and did
> something about the sale of contraband meat.

Typical Liberal response, "get the government to do it". I don't know where you live, but here in FFx City, peddlers have to have a permit to go door to door.
If you ask them to see it, they are required by law to show it to you. I challenge
every last one of them and if they cannot show me their permit, I ask them to leave and notify the police immediately. (as soon as I get their license #) The initial responsibility lies with the individual. The laws already on the books are fine, but the cops arent mind readers.

Only a nitwit would buy these products anyway. Someone mentioned dumpster divers and hit the nail on the head.

Date: September 23, 2009 10:11AM

Ribeye Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> -----
> > It's about time the government stepped in and
> did
> > something about the sale of contraband meat.
>
> Typical Liberal response, "get the government to
> do it". I don't know where you live, but here in
> FFx City, peddlers have to have a permit to go
> door to door.
> If you ask them to see it, they are required by
> law to show it to you. I challenge
> every last one of them and if they cannot show me
> their permit, I ask them to leave and notify the
> police immediately. (as soon as I get their
> license #) The initial responsibility lies with
> the individual. The laws already on the books are
> fine, but the cops arent mind readers.
>
> Only a nitwit would buy these products anyway.
> Someone mentioned dumpster divers and hit the nail
> on the head.

I live in Woodbridge, and many of my bretheren that don't speak English too good have been VICTIMIZED by these RUTHLESS and CARELESS ILLEGAL MEAT SALES PEOPLE.

Yes, it is 100% the government's responsibility to step in and fix the black market meat trade. This great country should not give in to the whims of the unscrupulous illicit meat peddlers.

Posted by: Pierced Rat ()
Date: September 23, 2009 10:34AM

MrMephisto Wrote:

>
> I live in Woodbridge,
>

Keep your lies straight. You have said numerous times you live in Arlington.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: September 23, 2009 10:36AM

Clue 1, Pierced Rat 0

Now carrry on.

Date: September 23, 2009 10:40AM

Pierced Rat Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > I live in Woodbridge,
> >
>
>
> Keep your lies straight. You have said numerous
> times you live in Arlington.

You think I can afford to live in Arlington on a janitor's wages? Don't be stupid.

Date: September 23, 2009 10:46AM

MrMephisto Wrote:

> > on the head.
>
> I live in Woodbridge, and many of my bretheren
> that don't speak English too good have been
> VICTIMIZED by these RUTHLESS and CARELESS ILLEGAL
> MEAT SALES PEOPLE.
>
> Yes, it is 100% the government's responsibility to
> step in and fix the black market meat trade. This
> great country should not give in to the whims of
> the unscrupulous illicit meat peddlers.

I had a neighbor buy like $500 worth of meat from one of these guys. They ended up having to throw most of it out because it was shit. Fucking idiots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: September 23, 2009 11:33AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:

> I had a neighbor buy like $500 worth of meat from
> one of these guys. They ended up having to throw
> most of it out because it was shit. Fucking
> idiots.

LOL. I can't believe people buy from those clowns. It's one thing if a painter, landscaper or driveway sealer comes up and says "hey, I noticed you need some work done. Any chance I can help?" It's another to come up and sell food. What's next, drive up babysitters? Whatever.

Date: September 23, 2009 11:40AM

Warhawk Wrote:

>
>
> LOL. I can't believe people buy from those
> clowns. It's one thing if a painter, landscaper
> or driveway sealer comes up and says "hey, I
> noticed you need some work done. Any chance I can
> help?" It's another to come up and sell food.
> What's next, drive up babysitters? Whatever.

I had something similar happen with a "tree trimmer" a few years ago. The guy was like 20 and he was trying to hustle me into letting him and his friends trim my trees. His estimate was $1,200. I said, "No thanks." Then he knocked it down to $600. I still wasn't interested and he left.

Anyway, one of my neighbors (not the meat neighbor) got hooked in. The guy trimmed the tree in his front yard. He lion-tailed it so badly that the tree ended up dying and the neighbor had to hire a real tree trimmer to cut it down and grind out the stump.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Wahwah ()
Date: September 23, 2009 02:13PM

The dude probably got the cancer and retarded son from eating the meat.....

Date: September 23, 2009 11:15PM

Ribeye Wrote:

Typical republican meathead response.

> Typical Liberal response, "get the government to
> do it". I don't know where you live, but here in
> FFx City, peddlers have to have a permit to go
> door to door.

Who exactly do you think issues that permit? THE GOVERNMENT.

> If you ask them to see it, they are required by
> law to show it to you. I challenge

By law? Really? Who makes the law? THE GOVERNMENT.

> every last one of them and if they cannot show me
> their permit, I ask them to leave and notify the
> police immediately. (as soon as I get their
> license #) The initial responsibility lies with
> the individual. The laws already on the books are
> fine, but the cops arent mind readers.
>

Who employs the police? THE GOVERNMENT.

It's amazing that they let these 8th grade education morons out in public. Just because you got your GED and are doing some under the table plumbing jobs here and there, you think your opinion counts.

Posted by: K-9 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 10:35AM

No problem with solicitors here. My dog makes sure of that. One look at him in the
yard and they just keep moving. Quickly.

Date: September 24, 2009 10:49AM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
> Just because you
> got your GED and are doing some under the table
> plumbing jobs here and there, you think your
> opinion counts.

And what's wrong with that? We can't all be multi-million-dollar freelance jet-setting playboy IT professionals.

If you're going to attack him, attack his dumbass opinion and inability to detect sarcasm. Saying his opinion doesn't count because his job isn't as good as yours is horseshit.

Posted by: Ribeye ()
Date: September 24, 2009 11:02AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Thurston Moore Wrote:
> -----
> > Just because you
> > got your GED and are doing some under the table
> > plumbing jobs here and there, you think your
> > opinion counts.
>
> And what's wrong with that? We can't all be
> multi-million-dollar freelance jet-setting playboy
> IT professionals.
>
> If you're going to attack him, attack his dumbass
> opinion and inability to detect sarcasm. Saying
> his opinion doesn't count because his job isn't as
> good as yours is horseshit.

Thanks Mr. I just considered the source. Thirsty is talking out of his ass as usual. No need for any kind additional crackdowns if people use the system already in place.

Posted by: On A need to know basis ()
Date: October 15, 2009 10:49AM

Well "ALL" these guys seem to be black is B.S. Where I live these guys are mostly white and usually look homeless. The few young black men that have come to my area are very polite and well dressed. So mind your manners if you must write ignorant comments.

Date: October 15, 2009 10:53AM

On A need to know basis Wrote:
> Well "ALL" these guys seem to be black is B.S.
> Where I live these guys are mostly white and
> usually look homeless. The few young black men
> that have come to my area are very polite and well
> dressed. So mind your manners if you must write
> ignorant comments.

The last couple of times I've been hit up by these guys they have been white.

The kids trying to sell me magazine subscriptions are usually black.

Posted by: buyer ()
Date: October 15, 2009 11:29AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> The last couple of times I've been hit up by these
> guys they have been white.
>
> The kids trying to sell me magazine subscriptions
> are usually black.

my drug dealer is black. what's up with that?

Posted by: Mrs. Surely Glad ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:08AM

So, your going to love this one. Today I see two men get out of a small pickup truck that had just parked outside of my house. The one man came to my door and the other man went to the neighbors house. I opened the door and that little voice inside me right away was screaming to me "something is really wrong with this" I could not even tell what the guy was selling, as he was talking so fast. A FAST TALKER!! LOL I asked him if he had a business card or a brochure and he said no. I'm glad now that my great dane stick his head out the door and he kept his eyes on the stranger while we talked. I then backed into the house more and told my husband that he better come to the door. My husband worked for a prison for 6 years, so spotting a criminal would not be hard. I'm watching out the window and he goes into this freezer in the back of his truck and starts walking with it to our door with my husband. I later asked my husband what he was saying and it was something along the lines that he had to get rid of this extra meat that they often deliver to the neighborhood. He would unload it here he said and then my husband asked him how much this would cost. The salesman said, we can talk about that inside. My husband asked why he needed to come inside and he said to lay it all out so we could see what we were buying first. How nice of them!! So you know the saying when something is just too good to be true, then it probably is. My husband told him no way and came right in and called the police. The other neighbor talked to them unknowingly while we called for the police and held them long enough for the police to arrive. I must say they looked stressed when the police pulled up. The police came and ran the plates/ID's and after some time the police escorted the truck out of our plan. I'm so glad that we called the police to make a record these fakes. I live in PA and this happened on October 28, 2009. I did a Google for the words meat, truck and scam and this and many other posts came up. Report this to your local police if you are approached. People are just nuts today…..listen to your inner voice and DON’T BE A MEAT HEAD!!!!

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:29AM

It has to be cheap, inferior quality meat or they wouldn't make any money once you they done paying for gas and salesman commission. These two blacks guys used to come around my community in Annandale over the summer. At least when they came up, I said no thanks right away and they said its ok and went to the other homes. I saw them again, this time trying to sell seafood with a different truck.

Posted by: MeatTruckWatcher ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:49AM

Did someone say MEAT? Well that's the magical word. A truckload of it well jeepers, I don't know if I could resist such an offer especially if these blacks or white boys(I'm not racist) are cute in any way. Well the offer sounds mmm good! I especially like the door to door short brown skinned pudgy guys that can't speak english selling icecream and kilos of cocain. I think they are cute and masturbatemyself everytime i see one in my neighborhood. I am new to the Fairfax area and am looking to find some new good quality FREE gloryholes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by: TCF ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:57AM

I've had the meat guys come through... I never buy.

One door to door guy I did go for was this guy named Thomas that came around to clean my gutters for $20. He had a ladder with him and was trying to get everyone on my townhouse row so he wouldn't have to go up and down. I said sure... he did an awesome job and even swept off the roof and bagged up all of my leaves. Heh I actually asked for his cell number to come back again. I was surprised it wasn't a half ass job - just some guy trying to earn cash in an honest way.

Posted by: RayJay ()
Date: October 29, 2009 01:09AM

Did he suck your meat.... Inan honest way. And then you sucked his
meat in an honest way. And then you snorted his nose candy.... In an honest way! Jerkoff do you know the word illegal in illegal labor means in a dishonest unlawful way. It's scum like you that employs these lowlife losers and keeps them running across the border everyday. Now to a more reasonable train of thought.... I am new to Fairfax and am looking for some new good quality FREE gloryholes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by: Slammerv ()
Date: October 29, 2009 09:03AM

These meat guys have been around for over 30 years. Capital Meats is the biggest one in this area. They are a legit company, but I still would not buy from them. I live in Culpeper and they come all the way out there. We don't get the old guy and kid, but we do get the same line about having too much meat. My wife stupidly bought some one day. It was the worst stuff.
"Meat from truck bad. Meat from store your still taking a chance. Kill it yourself then you know what you will get."

Posted by: GLORYHOLES? ()
Date: October 29, 2009 09:13AM

Gloryholes? Know where any good ones are at? Any suggestions are grately appreciated!

Posted by: The Meat Man ()
Date: January 01, 2010 04:16PM

I applaud all of you ignorant or otherwise for your such strong feelings about the wholesale meat industry. first let me start by saying i am a meat man. and have been for 6 years now. i feel all of your pains for those of you who got burned but what we in the industry call "freezer bandits" aka the guy running around with a chest freezer in the back of a truck. Most of you are right. for them it is a scam. a quick talking sales pitch and high pressure close. i started out my career as one of those ***kers myself. after a year in the game and realizing what they were doing i developed a better way and left that company to start my own. first i disposed of the chest freezer. all of my trucks now have cold plate refer units. which keep sub zero all day long. secondly i hunted down a legit supplier. now i carry an all angus, all choice, all natural (no additives, no preservatives) meat package. the supply comes in one pallet at a time and is dated so i and the customer know how old the meat is. usually never more than 1-2 months. which means it will still keep in a freezer about a year to a year and a half. the third thing that changed was permits and licenses. we are inspected monthly and permitted to do what we do. and lastly the most important change. no scam no high pressure no gimmick. our angus cases run $189 per case for one $179 a case for two ect. what those freezer bandits do is a federal crime. their sad little storys they tell are illegal because it is misrepresenting their purpose. we have no sales pitch. over 2,000 of our customers found us not the other way around. yes we still do door to door. but it is as simple as hi, i'm the meat man, would you care to take a look at what i have today. most people know who we are locally have heard of the company and have friends and family who buy from us.

Moving on, last month my company hired a lawyer to start suing every state one by one for dereliction of duty (not doing their job). it is the states responsibility to govern these cold storage places where the freezer bandits get their meat from. thats why we pay taxes. and yet they dont. the states turn a blind eye. these law suits we are filing will bring cause for action and have in a few states already. shutting down the freezer bandits so the real company's have a fair chance.

Heres a few things to help you keep from getting burned and maybe save your whole neighborhood a lot of headache.

#1. Dont by meat from a guy with a chest freezer in the back of his truck. it is illegal. a chest freezer will never pass inspection from any health dept. in any state. if they have a real refer unit at least you can know that as a company they have funding and you have a better chance of a real good deal.

#2. Ask the salesmen to see his business license and his health permit. by law they are required to have them. AT ALL TIMES!!! if he cannot provide it for any reason. (oh i forgot it, blah blah blah.) he is illegal. furthermore if he cannot provide it get his license plate number, then call your local health dept. and lastly write a letter to your states director of health and human services or the state attorney general complaining that they are not doing their job and requesting that they come down on these cold storage places that provide the meat.

#3 If the meat man has passed all of the before mentioned requirements and you look at what he has. pay attention to the labels. make sure your meat is at least choice grade. it has to be labeled on the box by law. if it dosnt say choice than it isnt choice. no exceptions. and the most important thing to look for even if it is choice, is to look and see if there is a list of ingredients on the box. if there is any ingredients then the meat is "pumped" meaning it is barley choice and injected full of crap to make it taste good. never the less some grocery stores even do that. it increases the weight which means more money (price per pound) a real meat package box should have no ingredients. the only thing it says on our boxes is all natural and its certified by the usda as such.

#4. if the meat man has made it through all that and is a real meat man working for a real company. with real quality meat. and his price is no more than $189 per case. if your not broke. and you eat meat at least once every other week. and you dont buy your meat supply from that company your not just dumb your one of the most illogical stupid people on the planet. if he can meet all those requirements. then your not getting burned. you have a true hell of a deal before you. and company's like that do exist we are one of them and i know of 3 others for sure. and there is probably more. if you dont save the money by buying from a legit wholesaler when he comes. or even after he comes if you dont call and re-order when your meat is gone. then what you are implying is that you love to spend un-necessary money on crap meat at most grocery stores who pump their meat with garbage to get the weight up. and that you have no common sense, no budgeting skills, no concept of money, not a brain in your head. and that you should be in a mental institution for your insanity. the only legit reason not to save the money and by from a legit wholesaler is if you truly dont eat meat at all. ever. other than that your excuses are mute and fall on deaf ears because when any of us legit meat men stop by and you give us your little story when we didnt give you one at all. no matter what you say all we hear is. blah blah blah i'm a dumb ass. thank you goodbye.

all that being said. just do your homework before you make a purchase. follow those 4 steps and you and your family will be very happy customers. most become life long.

-- A Real Meat Man

Posted by: Meat Eater ()
Date: January 01, 2010 05:24PM

Good pitch until point #4, when you start insulting potential customers: "your not just dumb your one of the most illogical stupid people on the planet," etc.

Make your case in a positive way about how much money people could save by buying from you. Walmart became the biggest retailer on the planet with its simple approach and slogan: "Always low prices". Never insult a potential customer, or speak down to them in this browbeating fashion. It's unclassy, a turn-off, and not in any way persuasive. I would never buy from anyone who spoke to me in this fashion.

Date: January 01, 2010 05:31PM

Yeah, I'm far too stupid and illogical to buy meat off of this guy.

Posted by: Sam the butcher ()
Date: January 01, 2010 06:04PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Yeah, I'm far too stupid and illogical to buy meat
> off of this guy.

Then how how come I saw you moonlighting as one of them on Columbia Pike?

Date: January 01, 2010 06:52PM

Come to think of it, a comedy involving meat truck salesmen could be pretty amusing.

Imagine two guys - say, an aspiring musician and a computer/database programmer - are forced by the bad economy to seek employment, and decide to start their own meat truck business. Hilarity ensues as our two lovable misfits encounter one debacle after another: competing with other meat salesmen, getting locked in the back of the truck, arrested for not having permits, etc, etc.

Posted by: DBM ()
Date: January 01, 2010 06:55PM

Meat Eater Wrote:
> Come to think of it, a comedy involving meat truck
> salesmen could be pretty amusing.
>
> Imagine two guys - say, an aspiring musician and a
> computer/database programmer - are forced by the
> bad economy to seek employment, and decide to
> start their own meat truck business. Hilarity
> ensues as our two lovable misfits encounter one
> debacle after another: competing with other meat
> salesmen, getting locked in the back of the truck,
> arrested for not having permits, etc, etc.

They could call it 'How Todd Meats Daniel'.

Posted by: sheesh!!!!! ()
Date: January 01, 2010 07:01PM

Meat Eater Wrote:
> Come to think of it, a comedy involving meat truck
> salesmen could be pretty amusing.
>
> Imagine two guys - say, an aspiring musician and a
> computer/database programmer - are forced by the
> bad economy to seek employment, and decide to
> start their own meat truck business. Hilarity
> ensues as our two lovable misfits encounter one
> debacle after another: competing with other meat
> salesmen, getting locked in the back of the truck,
> arrested for not having permits, etc, etc.

...then they could meet this androgynous character who ends up falling for and stalking the musician after falling for his love song serenades and ends up trying to cut his 'meat' because of unrequited love.

Date: January 01, 2010 08:53PM

I'd watch it.

Posted by: © ()
Date: January 01, 2010 09:41PM

Eh, i'd tivo, tell myself im gonna watch it, but delete it when i needed more memory

Posted by: Rev. Bob Levy ()
Date: January 01, 2010 11:29PM

I had one of those fucks coming by my house and I had to buy a gun and wave it in his face to make him leave me alone!

Date: January 02, 2010 12:57AM

sheesh!!!!! Wrote:
> Meat Eater Wrote:
> -----
> > Come to think of it, a comedy involving meat truck
> > salesmen could be pretty amusing.
> >
> > Imagine two guys - say, an aspiring musician and a
> > computer/database programmer - are forced by the
> > bad economy to seek employment, and decide to
> > start their own meat truck business. Hilarity
> > ensues as our two lovable misfits encounter one
> > debacle after another: competing with other meat
> > salesmen, getting locked in the back of the truck,
> > arrested for not having permits, etc, etc.
>
>
> ...then they could meet this androgynous character
> who ends up falling for and stalking the musician
> after falling for his love song serenades and ends
> up trying to cut his 'meat' because of unrequited
> love.

Of course, you could do a horror and/or black comedy version, in which they start out with a mortuary hook-up, until their strangely delicious meat proves so popular among the good folks of Fairfax that they have to take more proactive measures to supplement their dwindling inventory... including setting up oil slicks at key spots on the road for Spandex-clad cyclists, inviting a certain Richmond-based singer-songer writer to perform a gig in an abandoned warehouse, and luring Officer Friendly down a dark alley which becomes his own personal abattoir...

.color>
Attachments:
MeatTruck.jpg

Date: January 02, 2010 12:59AM

I know the idea of this movie was started as some sort of dig against Gravis and myself, but come on now.

This would seriously make an awesome movie.

Posted by: Meat Truck ()
Date: January 02, 2010 01:09AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I know the idea of this movie was started as some
> sort of dig against Gravis and myself, but come on
> now.
>
> This would seriously make an awesome movie.

Heh, heh, thanks. I'm sure Meat Truck would be right up there with the Sopranos' Cleaver. It was not intended as a dig, btw, but more in the nature of a friendly wink.

Posted by: Meatman ()
Date: January 02, 2010 04:22AM

Pierced Rat Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > I live in Woodbridge,
> >
>
>
> Keep your lies straight. You have said numerous
> times you live in Arlington.

He said before that he lives with his sister and mom in Arlington.

Posted by: Carlos Spicywiener ()
Date: January 02, 2010 08:26AM

The Meat Man Wrote:

> we still do door to door. but it is as simple as
> hi, i'm the meat man, would you care to take a
> look at what i have today.

so the guy who writes gay porno scripts moonlights as your sales pitch writer?

>
> Moving on, last month my company hired a lawyer to
> start suing every state one by one for dereliction
> of duty (not doing their job). it is the states
> responsibility to govern these cold storage places
> where the freezer bandits get their meat from.
> thats why we pay taxes. and yet they dont. the
> states turn a blind eye. these law suits we are
> filing will bring cause for action and have in a
> few states already.

I call bullshit on this one! You cant sue the government for not doing its job!

Date: January 02, 2010 10:05AM

Meat Eater Wrote:
>
> Of course, you could do a horror and/or black comedy version, in which they start out with a mortuary hook-up, until their strangely delicious meat proves so popular among the good folks of Fairfax that they have to take more proactive measures to supplement their dwindling inventory... including setting up oil slicks at key spots on the road for Spandex-clad cyclists,

FWIW, this sounds alot like the 80s horror movie "Motel Hell".

Date: January 02, 2010 12:13PM

Meatman Wrote:
> Pierced Rat Wrote:
> -----
> > MrMephisto Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > I live in Woodbridge,
> > >
> >
> >
> > Keep your lies straight. You have said numerous
> > times you live in Arlington.
>
>
>
> He said before that he lives with his sister and
> mom in Arlington.

Well, I can't seem to keep my lies straight.

Posted by: parttimeballerz ()
Date: January 02, 2010 12:53PM

I used to but the steaks, bacon wrapped filets, NY Strips, Kabobs, chicken cutlets, filets, all of the time when I had some loot.

It was portion controlled and good stuff--was Horizon by Leon..have not seen them in years.

Murrays is crap, this stuff was good.

Also had an array of deserts, they sold it is they also sold to restaurants not "extra"...looking back no USDA stickers/stamps on it...

Who knows what it was!!

Date: January 02, 2010 01:12PM

parttimeballerz Wrote:
> Also had an array of deserts, they sold it is they
> also sold to restaurants not "extra"...looking
> back no USDA stickers/stamps on it...
>
> Who knows what it was!!

IT WAS PEOPLE! THE MEAT WAS MADE OF PEOPLE!

Posted by: action ()
Date: January 02, 2010 01:17PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> parttimeballerz Wrote:
> -----
> > Also had an array of deserts, they sold it is
> they
> > also sold to restaurants not "extra"...looking
> > back no USDA stickers/stamps on it...
> >
> > Who knows what it was!!
>
> IT WAS PEOPLE! THE MEAT WAS MADE OF PEOPLE!

that the androgynous stalker troll had cut up and packaged for his love devotee....stick to the screenplay, mephisto.

Date: January 02, 2010 01:19PM

I have some problems with the script, vis a vis the whole "unrequited gay love" aspect. Can't we change it to a form of idolizing/obsession, like "Single White Female?

Posted by: Scorcese ()
Date: January 02, 2010 01:55PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I have some problems with the script, vis a vis
> the whole "unrequited gay love" aspect. Can't we
> change it to a form of idolizing/obsession, like
> "Single White Female?

Director's edit: I did stipulate that it was an obsession and idolization that borderlines a secret and unrequited love that begins to cross the lines of bizarre when he starts killing people and packaging them for you to sell unbeknownst to you. I want to somehow incorporate Richmond's finest (i.e. Meade) as EJ's ex BF who comes to DC to try and win him back with his music. At this point we could jump back from horror to humor and create some Tenacious D style action where you crush the ruthless rebel from Richmond and send him running back to his Richmond 'hell' yelling 'The South shall rise again and where the fuck is my God damn sweet tea?'.

Date: January 02, 2010 01:57PM

Scorcese Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> -----
> > I have some problems with the script, vis a vis
> > the whole "unrequited gay love" aspect. Can't
> we
> > change it to a form of idolizing/obsession,
> like
> > "Single White Female?
>
>
> Director's edit: I did stipulate that it was an
> obsession and idolization that borderlines a
> secret and unrequited love that begins to cross
> the lines of bizarre when he starts killing people
> and packaging them for you to sell unbeknownst to
> you. I want to somehow incorporate Richmond's
> finest (i.e. Meade) as EJ's ex BF who comes to DC
> to try and win him back with his music. At this
> point we could jump back from horror to humor and
> create some Tenacious D style action where you
> crush the ruthless rebel from Richmond and send
> him running back to his Richmond 'hell' yelling
> 'The South shall rise again and where the fuck is
> my God damn sweet tea?'.

OK, I can get behind that.

Posted by: Take 2 ()
Date: January 02, 2010 02:00PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Scorcese Wrote:
> -----
> > MrMephisto Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I have some problems with the script, vis a
> vis
> > > the whole "unrequited gay love" aspect.
> Can't
> > we
> > > change it to a form of idolizing/obsession,
> > like
> > > "Single White Female?
> >
> >
> > Director's edit: I did stipulate that it was an
> > obsession and idolization that borderlines a
> > secret and unrequited love that begins to cross
> > the lines of bizarre when he starts killing
> people
> > and packaging them for you to sell unbeknownst
> to
> > you. I want to somehow incorporate Richmond's
> > finest (i.e. Meade) as EJ's ex BF who comes to
> DC
> > to try and win him back with his music. At this
> > point we could jump back from horror to humor
> and
> > create some Tenacious D style action where you
> > crush the ruthless rebel from Richmond and send
> > him running back to his Richmond 'hell' yelling
> > 'The South shall rise again and where the fuck
> is
> > my God damn sweet tea?'.
>
> OK, I can get behind that.

I'm glad you're back on board!

Date: January 02, 2010 03:17PM

Can I write the soundtrack?

Posted by: meade? ()
Date: January 02, 2010 03:33PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Can I write the soundtrack?

of course...would you allow Meade to do a track for laughs?

Date: January 02, 2010 04:21PM

meade? Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> -----
> > Can I write the soundtrack?
>
>
> of course...would you allow Meade to do a track
> for laughs?

I'd be happy to split the duty.

Posted by: hellyeah ()
Date: January 02, 2010 11:47PM

spunky1 Wrote:
> impounded.

gotta love the land of "No". no solicitor's license, no business license, etc.. call the POPO!

Posted by: hahah23453 ()
Date: March 04, 2010 12:04AM

You know people I am young and do this for my dad yeah there is a lot of people that do not do this the legal way that's fine. However I am 19 and have a license to do this. not all of this meat your jackasses claim is bad. Let a guy that gets his from a vendor come buy it is just as good as the ones that come out of stores in fact I bet you guys didn't know that we actually sell to a ton of places that you eat at. Congrats

Posted by: Mr. Jellineck ()
Date: March 04, 2010 02:34AM

Simmer down, Stu. Don't have a beef, Stu. Let's not stir things up.

Posted by: NippleFlash ()
Date: March 04, 2010 07:42AM

Fuck the meat truck. I'll buy my meat at Costco.

Posted by: XmediaX ()
Date: March 04, 2010 07:44AM

I got your top quality USDA Prime right here. At a bargain price!
Attachments:
meatygoodness.jpg

Posted by: brgdmnj ()
Date: September 06, 2010 04:08PM

I work for one of these meat companies and all the meat is USDA inspected, freshly cut and vacum sealed.All of the meat we sell is garunteed to be replaced if it goes bad before you use it and its less than 50% less of store cost

Posted by: robonscanner1 ()
Date: September 06, 2010 05:32PM

My next door neighbor came begging after a power outage. He had just bought 1,000.00
worth of meat. I had to run an extension cord to his freezer. I do remember my wife telling me that the dude said that since the next door guy spent 1 k. I should spend at least 200.00
We just go to costco.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: September 06, 2010 05:35PM

Posted by: momma ()
Date: September 07, 2010 04:34PM

that is annoying.

on a side note, i had a meat man come to my door a few weeks back. he tried to sell me a case of meat for $460. I talked him down to $80.

12 filets, 12 ny strips, etc etc. ended up being about $2 per cut.

he left saying that he'd "never felt so hustled". baller.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.