HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
COX installing today ...
Posted by: si espanol TV network ()
Date: September 11, 2014 01:56PM

email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course

----------------------
COX is coming to install a box in a room for a relative's temporary use (noting i don't have one)

there is already a network cable in the room i installed

take a flying guess why the cable already their cannot be used

Atlanta, Georgia designed it specifically to require exclusive networking, boxes, and equipment

did you know in EUROPE (ie, germany) one can get cable tv on a LAPTOP using a plain internet connection ? it's all IP now - the rest is a lie

oh yes - they've had like 7 of these "special crappy pc boxes" in the house (i'd never have don't that with my own money) and forced upgrade of cable modems i purchased - and on and on - and are duping my elderly parents out of huge sums of money

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: COX installing today ...
Posted by: uPMU4 ()
Date: September 11, 2014 01:58PM

your lucky - last tiem i had COX for a repair they relocated stuff so my wire is on the floor, refused to put a 911 battery in phone for the 3rd time,

and i caught the nigga with his hand in a drawer looking for stuff to steal !

funny - when i applied for work they said there were no opening. none in the drawers either !

Posted by: This is for blocking bots 4 ()
Date: September 11, 2014 02:09PM

ah cox has openings for people opening drawers and opportunities in the community

i get it
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: 911 caller ()
Date: September 11, 2014 02:53PM

on mine cox telephone they never installed a battery - so if the power went out there was no 911 - likely when you need it no power. when they sold it they said that wouldn't happen

service people said they'd put in a battery but didn't have one on them

then i was told 3 yrs later: oh you have to call they send it to you

i called they said only they make (control price of) it and it's $25 !!

i said it was promised at sale (at least first batt was without argument)

eventually they made me wait and offered it for $10. i refused. they then offered it for free.

MY FEELING ON THAT IS: they'd never have aquiesced to "free" if they weren't required to and if they weren't trying to steal $25 in the first place (supposed to be deducted after purchase if they don't forget - not yet complete)

i have had times when i needed to make important calls during outages - even for safety - and am kinda to learn down the road it was all for a scam - not due to normal error

Posted by: you too? ()
Date: September 11, 2014 02:56PM

i was told by COX i had to upgrade and buy equipment because of their upgrade. but to me that's like $2000 due to what i have - not to mention new pc woes / setup time / all that.

i later saw the reason is they relocated things to save a few feed of phone wire (and effort) during their changeover to "DVR/phone" thing

Posted by: LarryTheCoxGuy ()
Date: September 11, 2014 05:55PM

I slipped the Cox phone installer $20, and he hooked up cable for free.

Date: September 12, 2014 02:48PM

nope i was wrong (and or lied to, as is frequent - they do it to piss me off around here - that's a different story). they only sent a droopy eye nigga to "do a job assessment" who didn't look around much and left

Posted by: Py9bH ()
Date: September 12, 2014 02:51PM

LarryTheCoxGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I slipped the Cox phone installer $20, and he
> hooked up cable for free.

i sold some of my bandwidth to a neighbor but using my own routing equipment (really, to help kid out who complained about not having any)

i got paid with a nice Motorola modem! COX shut it off told me it was incompatible and installed a modem from china

i've not only had like 7+ "set top boxes" but also several expensive modem i never wanted. set top why do they keep dissapearing then?

Posted by: 3LUXb ()
Date: September 12, 2014 02:54PM

one of the benefits of COX modems is the gov DocIs technologies, which Atlanta georgia got gov contracts to fund the making of (now called proprietary of course)

the technology allows dipshits who use web browsers to login to your modem and watch what you are doing on the web - and fuck with you

what i really needed was gov technology that lets dipshits with a malice into my home

thank you

Posted by: upcLC ()
Date: September 16, 2014 10:07AM

ah they were back again, billing all customers (yes - you too) to not install cable in a bedroom (not mine)

sent out another nigga - who was obviously NOT from this country, likely here illegally (and note sharon bullova gov signed deals with COX to make them a monopoly - this is before fios which is very recent)

FAIL. said it could not be done. strange i already have a net cable run into the same room, so i know it's not impossible. (maybe he was offered to do it for a large price with remodeling and were refused - i didn't hear)

AND THAT REMINDS ME last time they installed a box (not for me) it was in a location i'd already run a cable to. i think they billed for running a line however the route was already there

thank you for not doing what i already did !

FAIL

Posted by: uDLK6 ()
Date: September 16, 2014 10:34AM

has anyone NOTICED they changed the channel browser java software AGAIN ?

the software is controlled by gov officials (developed using gov money at a GA college)

this new change i LOST EXTENDED CHANNEL DESCRIPTIONS. and now there are ads playing whenever i browse channel guide

assholes - made it worse instead of better - thanks for the "upgrade"

Posted by: Hehehe ()
Date: September 16, 2014 07:20PM

You said Cox and Box

Date: September 17, 2014 07:45PM

MORE NEWS: so not only did the send out two niggas two different days who did NOTHING.

they took two computers that were surfing off the net offline leaving the two blaming me for their internet problems

and that's one reason i hated microsoft and COX is pissing me off: continually family or people leaching to get their DOS or WINDOWS reinstalled or fixed, always blamed if it wasn't working and not paying (despite news it was a peice of crap and happening to the whole of usa), and microsoft requiring developers to pay to fix problems with their software (that's right!) which didn't work well so they went to mommy and got gov contracts and rated as "a critical public necessity" though i know for a fact when they got the rating: they weren't - they just needed gov to write software they never did: which is most of the system.

COX when new ok. Now? continual replaced equipment (everybody's rates get hiked anytime some idiot gets a new box). forced upgrade (ie, i have a motorola modem, NO ALLOWED TO USE IT), signal blocking (they DISABLE signals like email and web serving so they have no competition, but even tv channels). they made email serving outlawed now they read my mail, watch me web browse, and send me junk mail continually

it is COX and your local gov feeding you junk mail. not the russians. DUH. they IP spoof.

Posted by: YyKYb ()
Date: September 17, 2014 07:47PM

they billed everyone in fairfax to come out twice for an install they refused to do

AND took two laptops off the internet and left - for me to get blamed for and fix

THANK YOU - MY NIGGA

Posted by: u3Mtx ()
Date: September 17, 2014 07:51PM

(i had had an email service, web service (site), time service, file service, and many other services online and at time people on the internet used them. COX blocks them all at the station - they can no longer go out or in. only the rich gov or cox workers can afford what they want turn un-block what naturally works without blocking. they tamper. they also disabled the real internet and made it a private lan - to prevent freedom on the internet: the REAL net neutrality issue. (ps, broadcast not incl., since if everyone did the telephone company would fall over and drop. that and that alone must be scheduled - usu. by tv stations but sometimes net casts and other - more rarely now was frequently))

Date: September 20, 2014 12:08PM

so COX was called again (by family)

this time two mexicans with an ethnic accent arrive (not blacks?)

they actually installed (lazily - not finish level) cable from lower to upper level. took two.

wow. i wouldn't have thought of that !

i should have called Truland ? (actaully i wasn't involved, just observing)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.