HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Steve K2's HS Football Lines
Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: September 30, 2014 09:48PM

Limited slate of games with several teams on the bye. Still many great matchups and more than last week.

Annandale (-10.0) @ TC Williams

Battlefield @ Hylton (-7.0)
*Game of the Week: I’ve never done spreads for PW county and doubt this one will be accurate, I include this though, as I think this is going to be a great game with a couple teams that can make some noise in the postseason. I may make the drive on Thursday. I expect this to be a close one and caught glimpses of Hylton online last week, and they are pretty damn athletic. Then Battlefield is always big and well coached, should be a good one.

Chantilly @ Centreville (-30.5)
*Pulling for the Chargers to give Centreville a game, but Centreville is going to squash Chantilly’s repetitive I-formation and Centreville has too many athletes to contain. Teams will not stop Centreville, the only way to beat them is to score, and Chantilly cannot do that against more athletic teams.

Fairfax (-16.0) @ Jefferson
*Jefferson comes in 0-4 and gets to the meet of their schedule. I can see them competing with South Lakes though in a few weeks, am I crazy?

Herndon (-14.0) @ McLean
*This has the potential to be a good game. Definitely one I can actually see McLean making a game of. I just think Herndon is pretty good this year, don’t let their Concorde performances fool you into thinking otherwise.

Marshall @ Langley (-24.0)
*Saxons looking to bounce back after coming off a tough start to the season. I think they do it in a big way against Marshall Thursday.

Stuart @ Yorktown (-10.0)

Wakefield @ Hayfield (-7.5)
*This is a great game, probably game of the week in Fairfax County. Great chance for undefeated Wakefield to show they are for real against a decent D6 team. Look for Hayfield to stockpile W’s the rest of the way though.

Washington-Lee @ Falls Church (-7.0)

Westfield (-7.0) @ Stone Bridge
*Battle of the Bulldogs, two perennial powers. All the good games are far away, but this is probably one of the most interesting. Leaning toward this one, this is the Northern Region game of the week for sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: October 01, 2014 02:28PM

This is way more informative than the other board. Good post.

Posted by: RydelllRoad ()
Date: October 02, 2014 09:21AM

I differ on 4 picks. I think Hayfield and Falls Church both win by +14.

I think Battlefield will win over Hylton.

I would pick Stone Bridge over Westfield. Look for Westfield to be 3-3 after next week's loss to Centreville.

Posted by: NR Fan 2009 ()
Date: October 02, 2014 09:49AM

RydelllRoad,

If Westfield loses tonight and next week to Centreville, do they have a shot against a most likely undefeated Robinson team the following week? When's the last time Westfield had a losing record (3-4) heading into week 8?

Date: October 02, 2014 09:58AM

I could see Stone Bridge getting the win in Ashburn, but I feel pretty confident in my Westfield pick. 3-3 would be hard to fathom for sure, the only other time I recall Westfield being at .500 that late was in 2010 when they were 4-4.

I like Robinson's team a lot, but having seen both teams play, Westfield is better. I know in the common opponent category with Lake Braddock advantage goes to Robinson, but Westfield will be able to limit Robinson's run and put up enough points to win. I see Westfield at 5-2 through 7, and I am telling who ever will listen, their game against Centreville next week will be closer than people think. Westfield probably has the game of the week for the next 3.

Date: October 02, 2014 11:20AM

NR Fan 2009 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RydelllRoad,
>
> If Westfield loses tonight and next week to
> Centreville, do they have a shot against a most
> likely undefeated Robinson team the following
> week? When's the last time Westfield had a losing
> record (3-4) heading into week 8?

Robinson game should be a coin toss - I thought they were significantly better than Robinson last year but both games were tight from start to finish and Westfield took the regular season game 14-13 and the playoff game 21-14. They just had a hard time moving the ball consistently and scoring. And Robinson seems to have an even tougher defense this year.

But to answer your question - Westfield was 3-4 in 2009 (won their last 5 to finish 6-4).

Date: October 02, 2014 11:21AM

Oh, and Stone Bridge beat Westfield both of those years by 3 points - 2009/2010. Picked the right years to play them for sure.

Posted by: 335 ()
Date: October 02, 2014 12:11PM

I agree with Rydellroad.... look for hayfield to lay the points on wakefield..

Posted by: Rebelman ()
Date: October 02, 2014 01:58PM

This spread has Fairfax favored by 16 over Jefferson. Fairfax should handle Jefferson easily, but given how they have looked so far, there isn't much justification for a spread higher than 16 points.

Next week's game v. Langley will be hugely important for both teams.

Date: October 02, 2014 07:23PM

Westfield and Stone Bridge scoreless through 1; Westfield put together a good drive, ended in an INT.

Date: October 02, 2014 07:40PM

80 seconds in 14-0 Centreville over Chantilly, this is going to be ugly.

Date: October 02, 2014 07:45PM

Cville scores again on first play. 21-0 8 minutes to go in 1st. Centreville has 2 key players back tonight.

Date: October 02, 2014 07:54PM

3rd possession where Centreville takes just one play to score. 27-0 Centreville

Date: October 02, 2014 07:55PM

Stone Bridge and Westfield are in a defensive battle. 3-0 SB at the half.

Date: October 02, 2014 08:25PM

Westfield blocks the FG and returns it 90 yards for a TD, 7-3 Westfield.

Centreville 41-0 over Chantilly.

Herndon 24-15 over McLean

Washington Lee 14-7 over Falls Church

Posted by: Stateless ()
Date: October 02, 2014 08:43PM

And Langley 35-0 over Marshall at half. Looking like that celebration at TJ was a one-time deal and that Marshall is returning to form.

Date: October 02, 2014 09:04PM

Langley 42-0 over Marshall

Fairfax 34-14 over TJ

Westfield 15-9 over Stone Bridge in 4th.

Posted by: Conf 5 Observer ()
Date: October 02, 2014 09:28PM

Anyone who thinks Westfield or Robinson stands a chance at beating Centreville has obviously not seen this team play. There is no stopping this machine. I got my first look at them tonight they’re special.

BTW Chantilly going 0-5 in Concorde play, they really got nothing.

Date: October 02, 2014 09:29PM

Westfield wins 15-9. Game of the year next week against Centreville at home. D is good enough to stop Centreville a few times, but Centreville is the heavy favorite. Where was Scanlon tonight?

Centreville wins 48-0. Chantilly just got manhandled tonight. I don't care how good Centreville is, 4 TDs on the first play untouched is pathetic. Centreville has a lot more fire power back with the two kids back each putting up 150+ yards and still no AJ Turner... Wow. Anyone know if he is going to play this year?

Hayfield 28-3 over Wakefield.

Langley up 56-7 over Marshall

Fairfax over TJ 41-21 at the moment.

Date: October 02, 2014 09:35PM

Conf 5 Observer Wrote:
> Anyone who thinks Westfield or Robinson stands a
> chance at beating Centreville has obviously not
> seen this team play. There is no stopping this
> machine. I got my first look at them tonight
> they’re special.
>
> BTW Chantilly going 0-5 in Concorde play, they
> really got nothing.

As bad as Chantilly looked and is, they're still better than Oakton and Herndon. It's the weakest I've seen Chantilly and Oakton in quite some time, Herndon is actually better than most years and could get a win against Chantilly or Oakton but I don't think so.

Posted by: Conf 5 observer ()
Date: October 02, 2014 09:58PM

I'll agree to disagree until next Friday. Oakton wins next week.

Date: October 02, 2014 10:39PM

OK, I picked wrong on Westfield v. SB. I must concede I underestimated Stone Bridge's total dearth of playmakers on offense. Other than monstrously large O/D lines (including LB's) they really don't have that much. Westfield still not getting enough production out of the QB position. They just don't have much of a plan B when their 4-5 go-to plays aren't working.

Date: October 02, 2014 11:40PM

Some other final scores from tonight.

Marshall 7 @ Langley 63

W&L 33 @ Falls Church 28
*crazy ending, Falls Church was up 28-21 with 2 minutes, let W&L march down field for TD, miss the tying xp. W&L then recovers an onside kick, it was like Falls Church didn't even know it was coming and W&L recovered and scored another TD for the win. After the game I heard there was a fight with players and coaches involved, looked like a verbal one, but still pretty heated.

Fairfax 41 @ TJ 28

Wakefield 10 @ Hayfield 37

Annandale 61 @ TC Williams 40
*Titans have lost their defensive identity

Herndon 51 @ McLean 35

Yorktown 35 Stuart 10

Posted by: Know nothing ()
Date: October 03, 2014 08:34AM

On Falls Church and WL game: with 2 seconds on the clock. Will Mejia was dragged down in the end zone in what appeared to be a clear pass interference but no call. Good game bad calls. When both teams were shaking hands words were exchanged. Coaches in both sides jumped in and separated the teams. No fighting seen from my standpoint.

Posted by: Water Boy ()
Date: October 03, 2014 10:36AM

Know nothing Wrote:
> On Falls Church and WL game: with 2 seconds on the
> clock. Will Mejia was dragged down in the end zone
> in what appeared to be a clear pass interference
> but no call. Good game bad calls. When both teams
> were shaking hands words were exchanged. Coaches
> in both sides jumped in and separated the teams.
> No fighting seen from my standpoint.

Sounds like FC blew it by not anticipating the earlier onside kick, but what penalty would have been assessed had pass interference been called?

Posted by: Johnny Football ()
Date: October 03, 2014 12:28PM

Game cannot end on defensive penalty. 15 yard penalty and one untimed down would have followed.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: October 03, 2014 10:51PM

WESTFIELD 15 - STONE BRIDGE 9 (MANHATTAN PIZZA POST GAME SHOW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ItgfTtpfI&feature=youtu.be

Posted by: high school hogs ()
Date: October 04, 2014 10:56AM

RydelllRoad Wrote:
> OK, I picked wrong on Westfield v. SB. I must
> concede I underestimated Stone Bridge's total
> dearth of playmakers on offense. Other than
> monstrously large O/D lines (including LB's) they
> really don't have that much. Westfield still not
> getting enough production out of the QB position.
> They just don't have much of a plan B when their
> 4-5 go-to plays aren't working.

How does Stone Bridge recruit all those big guys? They have 11 players 6'3" or taller, 11 players 240 lbs +, 7 both.

Posted by: Stone Bridge minus ()
Date: October 04, 2014 04:18PM

Not trying to make any excuses, as I am not a big Stone Bridge fan, but their running back/LB, and best player on the field on both sides, # 5 Colin Buckley, missed entire game due to a concussion.

He plays, they beat Westfield.

Centreville by 28 or more next week, boys. Count on it.

Posted by: Westfield minus ()
Date: October 04, 2014 05:31PM

Not trying to make excuses, but Westfield's dynamic speedster and return man #22 Dominique Pearson did not suit up for the game. But yeah, Centreville will by at least 28 probably 35.

Date: October 08, 2014 10:01PM

Centreville (-27.0) @ Westfield
*Game of the Week: Quite frankly game of the season. I do think these are the best teams locally, maybe a Prince William team, Lake Braddock, South County, or Robinson will have something to say about it, but if I’m a betting man I am picking Westfield to be in the NR final if they can get on the opposite side of the bracket of Centreville. The spread is big, but if Turner is coming back too, Centreville is so good. IF Westfield can slow down the run game and make Ferrick throw this will be a lot more interesting a game.

Chantilly @ Oakton (-6.5)
*With the game at Oakton I’ll give them the edge. This can go either way though.

Falls Church (-7.0) @ Wakefield
*This should be a good and close game. Both teams coming off their first loss will be hungry.

Jefferson @ South Lakes (-10.0)
*The battle of the winless. I am tempted to pick TJ but with South Lakes having played a tougher schedule and having more athletes, I will give the edge to the Seahawks.

Lake Braddock (-20.5) @ WT Woodson

Langley (-14.0) @ Fairfax

Lee @ Annandale (-9.0)

Madison @ Robinson (-20.0)
*Madison played both Chantilly and Oakton to 7 point losses, I think Robinson is definitely a tier higher than those two schools, but with Madison’s D, if they can contain the run this could be low scoring, I just don’t think Madison will be able to.

McLean @ Stone Bridge (-30.0)
*SB isn’t great this year, but coming off a loss in Ashburn, McLean will be a sacrificial lamb.

Mount Vernon @ Washington-Lee (-14.0)

Stuart (-15.0) @ Marshall

TC Williams @ South County (-40.0)
*With TC’s defense, South County should score every possession the starters are in, and Panonni loves to run up the score (nothing wrong with that).

West Potomac @ West Springfield (-7.0)
*West Potomac is pretty inconsistent, but if they bring their A game then we’ll have a good one.

Yorktown @ Hayfield (-14.0)
*Could be closer, I just love the Hawks squad.

Posted by: SCHS Defender ()
Date: October 09, 2014 09:22AM

In defense of SC "running up the score," it is difficult, when you are a running team, to fall on the ball in the fourth quarter after your large and talented offensive line has worn down an opponents defense. Should they fall on the ball??? Take a knee on consecutive downs??? Ask their subs to not score??? Also, a "running up the score" indicates that your opponent didn't, or couldn't, score. That said, SC's large scoring differential in the fourth quarter this year can be attributed to the unfortunate separation of "good" and "bad" teams in the Northern Region in 2014. As a SC resident, I worry about the day when, as it will eventually, the talent shifts to another school. Until then, Go Stallions.....

Date: October 09, 2014 10:23AM

No need to defend the Stallions, nothing wrong with running up the score in varsity football. I am just merely pointing out the Stallions do keep their starters in considerably longer than other schools with a big lead and that's why their margins are so big. The starters are usually in well into the 4th even up 4 TDs.

Posted by: SCHS Defender ()
Date: October 09, 2014 10:52AM

I apologize. I didn't mean to be critical. Just an observation. I do agree with you regarding late game substitutions, and wish that "back-ups" got more experience in the 4th quarter so that they could seamlessly fill-in if needed when a starter needs to be replaced.

Posted by: A Coach ()
Date: October 09, 2014 10:59AM

usually it's the spread teams that tend to keep their starters in late, up or down on the scoreboard. Their problem is, they see being down 28 as 4 plays away from a tie. That mentality carries over on their defense as well. Just being up 28 is only 4 plays away from being tied.

Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Posted by: Wolverine ()
Date: October 09, 2014 12:29PM

"What do you want me to do, tell my JV's to not play hard?"

- Former West Po coach in the early 90's

Posted by: Fan ()
Date: October 09, 2014 02:02PM

Is fri evening wet weather factored into the spreads?

Posted by: Kelso Surgeon ()
Date: October 09, 2014 04:57PM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Well 13-2 on outright picks this week, that is
> more like it. Point spreads were also pretty spot
> on. 2 more games correct than VA Preps "the
> experts" too. So please keep that shit off the
> board, I would hate to have double the "illegal"
> activity.

God damn you are better than Steve Stevens on CNBC. Absolute blowout winners!!
>
> Centreville (-28.0) @ West Springfield
> *Centreville won 31-0. Close prediction. What's
> crazy is how many people are saying West
> Springfield played great and still lost 31-0 and
> from what I've heard they did play well. Kind of
> crazy how good Centreville is and they are missing
> 2 of their biggest weapons still.
>
> Hayfield (-14.0) @ Washington-Lee
> *Hayfield won 49-20. Been saying it all along,
> that early season schedule will pay huge benefits
> for Hayfield the duration of the regular season.
>
>
> Herndon @ Robinson (-17.0)
> *Robinson won 56-21. Herndon is a lot better, but
> a lot better may not be Concorde quality.
>
> Lake Braddock (-17.0) @ Annandale
> *Lake Braddock won 28-17. Annandale got a couple
> of TDs at the end once Braddock jumped out to a
> commanding lead. Still though, Annandale is a
> good middle of the pack team.
>
> Langley @ Chantilly (-7.0)
> *Chantilly won 20-7. Great 2nd half for the
> Chargers. Centreville is next...
>
> Marshall @ Jefferson (-9.0)
> *Marshall wins 28-14. Good for the Statesmen!
>
>
> Mount Vernon @ Stuart (-7.0)
> *Stuart won 21-10. Good spread.
>
> Oakton (-15.0) @ West Potomac
> *West Potomac won 27-20, good win for the
> Wolverines. Oakton, Centreville beat this team by
> 51 points, better get your act together.
>
> South County (-35.0) @ Lee
> *South County beat Lee 56-6. Big spreads for the
> Stallions, they like to run it up in the 4th.
>
> South Lakes @ McLean (-10.0)
> *McLean won 36-31. Seahawks still winless. With
> TJ and Marshall on their schedule do they even get
> to 2 wins?
>
> Stone Bridge (-14.0) @ Madison
> *Stone Bridge won 28-17. The takeaway though,
> Madison is this year's most improved team.
>
> TC Williams @ WT Woodson (-6.0)
> *WT Woodson won 56-21. Dang, TC Williams has
> taken a nose dive.
>
> Wakefield (-10.0) @ Edison
> *Wakefield won 21-6.
>
> Westfield (-31.0) @ Fairfax
> *Westfield won 36-0.
>
> Yorktown @ Falls Church (-3.0)
> *Falls Church won 28-14.

Date: October 09, 2014 08:39PM

Good point, weather was not factored in, hearing varying reports the amount of rain we will get/be getting at game time. If it's real bad most games not on turf will be postponed, but I think the weather will be okay and I'll stick with the spreads I have.

Posted by: cville/wfield ()
Date: October 10, 2014 10:06PM

Tied at 35 in 2OT.

Posted by: Negative ()
Date: October 10, 2014 10:07PM

Stone Bridge minus Wrote:
> Not trying to make any excuses, as I am not a big
> Stone Bridge fan, but their running back/LB, and
> best player on the field on both sides, # 5 Colin
> Buckley, missed entire game due to a concussion.
>
> He plays, they beat Westfield.
>
> Centreville by 28 or more next week, boys. Count
> on it.

Wrong!

Posted by: Negative 2 ()
Date: October 10, 2014 10:08PM

Westfield minus Wrote:
> Not trying to make excuses, but Westfield's
> dynamic speedster and return man #22 Dominique
> Pearson did not suit up for the game. But yeah,
> Centreville will by at least 28 probably 35.

Wrong!

Posted by: Westfield Wins! ()
Date: October 10, 2014 10:10PM

WESTFIELD WINS 42-41!!!!!

Date: October 10, 2014 10:54PM

Fairfax 35, Langley 28. Fairfax was down 21-7 at the half, and came back. Fairfax scored the go ahead points with about 90 second left, and that was the first lead they had in the game. It came down to the last seconds, and Fairfax stopped Langley on the 4 yard line to seal the win.

This was one the best HS football games I've seen (though I'm sure Centreville Westfield was equally exciting.

Posted by: just wondering ()
Date: October 10, 2014 11:18PM

Who would yall put as the no. 1 in 6A right now?

Posted by: AJ Turner ()
Date: October 10, 2014 11:20PM

I guess Soco is it

Posted by: 757 ()
Date: October 10, 2014 11:27PM

centreville has been exposed...

the #1 6A squad would probably have to be a nigger team from the beach. (oscar smith)

Posted by: NewsPebbles ()
Date: October 10, 2014 11:31PM

Rebelman, I entered your game description into NewsPebbles here: http://www.newspebbles.com/pebble/fairfax-comes-back-to-defeat-langley/

That could have generated a $2 donation to your charity.

Posted by: F LB ()
Date: October 11, 2014 12:11AM

Your LB-Woodson was a big fail, and Woodson should have won if it weren't for timely help for LB from the zebras. LB coach needs to teach his players how to fucking put their helmets on. That sand bigger Ibriham lost his on almost ever play and was buying facemask calls. And tell their marching band to shut the fuck up during plays. I'm pretty sure they eventually got a penalty so hopefully they will put the dumbfuck director in his place.

Date: October 11, 2014 12:15AM

Crazy night of football, kind of like last weekend’s college games. Chances are if you braved the weather, you went to a great game tonight. Looks like the most entertaining Friday to date.

Centreville 41 @ Westfield 42 2OT
*Wowza, what a game. Mad at myself for giving such a big spread to Centreville when going back in the archives I did say Westfield could compete with them. I am a Westfield believer now, the way both the D-Line and O-Line played, matches up very evenly with Centreville. Centreville and Westfield are by far the best two sets of lines in the region. So in a rematch it will likely come down to the playmakers. With Turner eventually coming back, the combination of him and Boose should keep Centreville pretty far ahead of the field. Still come playoff time, a couple turnovers, or more big plays like Westfield had tonight and they are touchable. Even bigger, is now if South County beats Braddock, I believe they get the 1 seed and Westfield and Centreville likely finish at 2 and 3 and would meet in semis. The real winner tonight might very well be South County.

Chantilly 30 @ Oakton 10
*Also can’t believe I picked Oakton as I am such a sucker for Chantilly. I just wasn’t sure how they’d respond to that drubbing Centreville game them last week. Good win for the Chargers, up next for Oakton is an angry Centreville team at Centreville’s homecoming, I have a feeling the spread will be pretty big.

Falls Church 25 @ Wakefield 26
*Dang am I going to get any pick correct tonight? In my defense I didn’t realize Falls Church starting QB was suspended. Wakefield scored the last 16 points of the game to eek out a win I believe.

TJ 6 @ South Lakes 49
*What happened to TJ? I know they’re not supposed to be good at a sport like football, but they’ve historically been pretty competitive. South Lakes gets first win of the year.

Lake Braddock 34 @ WT Woodson 28
*Good performance by Woodson. Lake Braddock is very up and down this year.

Langley 28 @ Fairfax 35
*You know it’s a tough week when I get my first Fairfax HS game wrong. Solid win for the Rebels and reading accounts from other users, sounds like with most of the games it was quite an exciting one.

Lee 6 @ Annandale 41

Madison 21 @ Robinson 40
*This was a very interesting game, Madison led 21-20 in the 3rd and then Robinson quickly pulled away. Good performance by the Warhawks though and finally a close spread.

McLean 19 @ Stone Bridge 42
*Going to Ashburn is tough, Stone Bridge trailing 7-0 scored 42 unanswered before McLean got some back at the end.

Mount Vernon 21 @ Washington-Lee 38

Stuart 21 @ Marshall 31
*Damn, great win for Marshall tonight. After 3 years of losing the Statesmen have won 2 of 3. A tremendous step in the right direction for this program and most of their key players will be back next year to continue building on this success.

TC Williams 12 @ South County 64
*I can always count on the Stallions to cover a big spread. Sometime I think they take my spreads as a challenge!

West Potomac 13 @ West Springfield 35

Yorktown 21 @ Hayfield 34

Posted by: conf 5 observer ()
Date: October 11, 2014 12:29AM

oakton......c'mon man.

Posted by: woww ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:12PM

wow mount vernon has lowkey lost 12 straight games.... what is going on over there? anybody have any information?

Posted by: NovaCoach ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:16PM

Mount Vernon has been going down hill. From what I hear, Coach Wells has ran off so many kids that it's not even funny. With the amount of atheltes that walk through that building, it's a shame that there not more competitive.

Date: October 11, 2014 01:25PM

This means next weeks Robinson (6-0, 1-0) @ Westfield (5-1, 1-0) could be for the Concorde District (Conference 5) title.

Posted by: woww ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:47PM

nova coach,

care to elaborate a little more? i play at hayfield and I agree they have always had tremendous athletes. don't understand how they lost to herndon, edison, etc.

we haven't watched any film on them yet so I am ignorant as to why they are so bad. it looks like they are the new wakefield in the national district.

Posted by: Questioning ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:55PM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> This means next weeks Robinson (6-0, 1-0) @
> Westfield (5-1, 1-0) could be for the Concorde
> District (Conference 5) title.

would it be a split if robinson wins this game, then cville beats them?

Posted by: just a thought ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:55PM

who do you guys think has a better chance of running the table SoCo or RoBo?

Posted by: SL Parent ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:59PM

steve k2* Wrote:

> TJ 6 @ South Lakes 49
> *What happened to TJ? I know they’re not
> supposed to be good at a sport like football, but
> they’ve historically been pretty competitive.
> South Lakes gets first win of the year.
>

TJ looks physically like a JV team with a lot of freshmen call-ups. They have a good QB but not enough around him to beat anyone and only about 10 players on the sidelines watching. SL will beat Marshall and hopefully give Langley and Fairfax a game but are realistically looking at a 2-8 year.

Posted by: SC ()
Date: October 11, 2014 03:11PM

SC will dominate all the way to State

Posted by: Lb? ()
Date: October 11, 2014 03:45PM

When will aj Alexander be back for lake Braddock. Or will he even be back this season?

Posted by: bdhee ()
Date: October 11, 2014 04:36PM

NovaCoach Wrote:
> Mount Vernon has been going down hill. From what I
> hear, Coach Wells has ran off so many kids that
> it's not even funny. With the amount of atheltes
> that walk through that building, it's a shame that
> there not more competitive.

And they're being realigned from 5A into 6A Patriot Conference for 15-16 and 16-17.

Posted by: Oh Boy ()
Date: October 11, 2014 05:29PM

This is going to get good....
6A Northern Region

Lake Braddock - 30.50
South County - 30.17
Robinson - 30.00
Battlefield - 29.86
Centreville - 29.80
Westfield - 29.67
Patriot - 28.71
Hayfield - 26.50
Chantilly - 26.17
West Springfield - 26.17
Stonewall Jackson - 25.71
Annandale - 25.50
Washington-Lee - 25.33
McLean - 24.00
Yorktown - 23.50
Oakton - 23.33
-------------------
Herndon - 23.00
Fairfax - 22.83
West Potomac - 22.50
Madison - 22.17
W.T. Woodson - 21.83
Langley - 21.33
Osbourn - 19.17
T.C. Williams - 19.17
South Lakes - 18.83
Osbourn Park - 17.43

Date: October 11, 2014 06:51PM

Not one holding call on the line last night...
Attachments:
holding.jpg

Posted by: nr fanatic ()
Date: October 11, 2014 09:36PM

just a thought Wrote:
> who do you guys think has a better chance of
> running the table SoCo or RoBo?

South county for sure. Robinson has both Westfield and Centerville remaining and I don't see them beating either.

Posted by: CVille guy ()
Date: October 12, 2014 07:59AM

Westfield had sticky jerseys

Posted by: Hey bdhee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ()
Date: October 12, 2014 10:16AM

Nice fun fact on Mt Vernon moving to 6A. Can you tell me where to find that info? I am also especially interested in finding out about all of the local NOVA schools, including Loudoun - to see who will be moving up and who will be moving down.

Thanks!

Date: October 12, 2014 10:59AM

just a thought Wrote:
> who do you guys think has a better chance of
> running the table SoCo or RoBo?

No question SoCo.

Robinson has:
Westfield (5-1): tough game - tossup
Oakton (3-3): should win
Chantilly (4-2): should win
Centreville (4-2): tough game - probable loss

SoCo has:
West Potomac (2-4): blowout win
W.T. Woodson (2-4): blowout win
Lake Braddock (5-1): tough game - tossup
Annandale (4-2): should win

Posted by: Mr. Jeff Kropf ()
Date: October 12, 2014 11:01AM

The conference realignment for the next two years is on the VHSL website. Mt. Vernon will have 2,000 students, which is too big for 5A, so it moves up. Also, next year the old districts will cease to exist so there will only be conference champions, and schools will no longer play old district rivals, i.e. regarding the old national and liberty districts.

Hey bdhee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wrote:
> Nice fun fact on Mt Vernon moving to 6A. Can you
> tell me where to find that info? I am also
> especially interested in finding out about all of
> the local NOVA schools, including Loudoun - to see
> who will be moving up and who will be moving
> down.
>
> Thanks!

Posted by: vhsl ()
Date: October 12, 2014 07:42PM

It looks like for 6A North conferences will be identical to districts with two exceptions...Lee staying as the only 5A school in Patriot while Mt Vernon will be the only 6A school with the rest of 5A in one district, though those two schools are switched for "conference". Not sure what the rationale there is, seems dumb. Mount Vernon appealed their move to 6A saying that there attendance moves drastically with all the military brats coming and going but I guess they lost.

Posted by: silicon bellow ()
Date: October 13, 2014 12:30AM

The old National and Liberty districts show little resemblance to the current or new conference alignments, and the schools in those old districts still play regular season district (not conference) schedules. This is why schools in some conferences still recognize "district champions" for sports like football. This will all change next year when all schools will play conference schedules in the regular season and the old districts will be abandoned.

Date: October 13, 2014 05:45PM

Annandale @ Woodson (-7.0)
*This should be a great, evenly matched game for stakeholders of these two schools.

Fairfax (-10.0) @ McLean
*Great win for the Rebels over Langley, one thing about the Rebels though is after a big win usually comes a disappointing performance. McLean can definitely win this one too, so I would encourage these school stakeholders to make it out for what could be a good game too.

Falls Church (-17.5) @ Mount Vernon

Hayfield (-24.0) @ Stuart
*Hawks will continue their streak, while the Raiders are in free fall. Remember when Stuart fans came on here saying I wasn’t respecting the Raiders enough? After another loss, to this time Marshall, they are quickly falling out of postseason contention.

Herndon @ Chantilly (-14.0)
*Homecoming for the Chargers. Look for another strong performance after drubbing Oakton. With the win the Chargers can guarantee a 4th place finish in the district, after a lot of people said Oakton and Herndon could both beat them. At the same time though, it goes to show how high Centreville and Westfield are apart from the rest, Robinson I think is on this similar high level, but they will have to prove themselves against Centerville and Westfield first.

Jefferson @ Madison (-28.0)

Lake Braddock (-7.0) @ West Springfield
*Lake Braddock is on upset alert. I see the Bruins winning, but the Spartans have the horses to give them a good fight and if Lake Braddock comes out flat, they could be in trouble against West Springfield’s running attack.

Oakton @ Centreville (-45.0)
*The Wildcats are pissed. Enough said.

Robinson @ Westfield (-3.0)
*Game of the Week. Westfield’s homecoming. How will they come off their biggest win in a number of years? How will Robinson seize the opportunity to be considered among the region’s elite? Westfield essentially wins the Concorde with a win, and Robinson winning probably ensures a 3 way district title in a 6 team district.

South County (-35.0) @ West Potomac

South Lakes @ Langley (-20.0)

Stone Bridge (-35.0) @ Marshall

Washington-Lee (-7.0) @ Edison

Yorktown (-6.0) @ Wakefield
*Great game for those in Arlington. Yorktown QB transfer leads the Warriors against his former team. At the time of the transfer, Yorktown had a 10-0 season and Wakefield a 0-10 season, now both are fairly equal. This game could go either way.

Lee @ TC Williams (-6.0)

Posted by: NovaCoach ()
Date: October 13, 2014 06:21PM

Annandale has better athletes, Woodson has better coaching. I'm leaning with coaching in this one. Woodson by 3.

Fairfax (-10.0) @ McLean
McLean has a very good Receiving core and that could cause a lot of problems for Fairfax's Secondary. Mclean's homecoming so they'll have extra motivation... Mclean 42-35 in overtime.

Falls Church will handle Mount Vernon... FC by 3 touchdowns.

Hayfield is legit! Stuart is bad. Hayfield 49 Stuart 13

What the hell happen to Herndon this week? 17-0 loss to Edison? Before that game, I'd give Herndon a really good shot at beating Chantilly... Chantilly wins 35-21

I think Madison wins out the rest of their schedule. They'll beat Jefferson by 40.

Upset alert is correct! West Springfield is good. I'll take the Spartans 28-27.

Oakton's ship has sailed and they're no longer serious contenders in the Former Concord District. They won't win another game this year. Centreville wins 49-7.

*Game of the Week. Robinson was seriously slept on going into the season. Coach Vossler is a hell of a coach. He's been preparing these boys for this game since he was named Head Coach. Ill take Robinson 21-17.

Look for Pannoni to run up the score... 56-20.

This game is tricky... Langley has struggled severely against "athletic" teams. SL has the talent to keep this one close. I'll take Langley 38-28.

Hey look at the bright side... Marshall did manage to pull of 2 wins this year. SB by 40

Don't know where Edison got there mojo from last week but I'll play it safe and sagree with the spread. WL wins 27-20.

Wakefield is by far the most improved team this year. I think they'll be competitive but there still a year away. Give me Yorktown by 10.

Lee @ TC Williams (-6.0

Lee pulls off the minor upset. 42-40... Randolph is on really thin ice.

Posted by: Nova fan ()
Date: October 13, 2014 07:14PM

NovaCoach Wrote:
> Annandale @ Woodson (-7.0)
> Annandale has better athletes, Woodson has better
> coaching. I'm leaning with coaching in this one.
> Woodson by 3.
>
> Fairfax (-10.0) @ McLean
> McLean has a very good Receiving core and that
> could cause a lot of problems for Fairfax's
> Secondary. Mclean's homecoming so they'll have
> extra motivation... Mclean 42-35 in overtime.
>
> Falls Church (-17.5) @ Mount Vernon
> Falls Church will handle Mount Vernon... FC by 3
> touchdowns.
>
> Hayfield (-24.0) @ Stuart
> Hayfield is legit! Stuart is bad. Hayfield 49
> Stuart 13
>
> Herndon @ Chantilly (-14.0)
> What the hell happen to Herndon this week? 17-0
> loss to Edison? Before that game, I'd give Herndon
> a really good shot at beating Chantilly...
> Chantilly wins 35-21
>
> Jefferson @ Madison (-28.0)
>
> I think Madison wins out the rest of their
> schedule. They'll beat Jefferson by 40.
>
> Lake Braddock (-7.0) @ West Springfield
> Upset alert is correct! West Springfield is good.
> I'll take the Spartans 28-27.
>
> Oakton @ Centreville (-45.0)
> Oakton's ship has sailed and they're no longer
> serious contenders in the Former Concord District.
> They won't win another game this year. Centreville
> wins 49-7.
>
> Robinson @ Westfield (-3.0)
> *Game of the Week. Robinson was seriously slept on
> going into the season. Coach Vossler is a hell of
> a coach. He's been preparing these boys for this
> game since he was named Head Coach. Ill take
> Robinson 21-17.
>
> South County (-35.0) @ West Potomac
> Look for Pannoni to run up the score... 56-20.
>
> South Lakes @ Langley (-20.0)
>
> This game is tricky... Langley has struggled
> severely against "athletic" teams. SL has the
> talent to keep this one close. I'll take Langley
> 38-28.
>
> Stone Bridge (-35.0) @ Marshall
> Hey look at the bright side... Marshall did manage
> to pull of 2 wins this year. SB by 40
>
> Washington-Lee (-7.0) @ Edison
> Don't know where Edison got there mojo from last
> week but I'll play it safe and sagree with the
> spread. WL wins 27-20.
>
> Yorktown (-6.0) @ Wakefield
> Wakefield is by far the most improved team this
> year. I think they'll be competitive but there
> still a year away. Give me Yorktown by 10.
>
> Lee @ TC Williams (-6.0
>
> Lee pulls off the minor upset. 42-40... Randolph
> is on really thin ice.

Lake Braddock @ West Springfield (-3.0)

Oakton @ Centreville (-56.0)

South County (-49.0) @ West Potomac

Lee @ TC Williams (-3.0)

Posted by: GAU ()
Date: October 13, 2014 08:48PM

silicon bellow Wrote:
> The old National and Liberty districts show little
> resemblance to the current or new conference
> alignments, and the schools in those old districts
> still play regular season district (not
> conference) schedules. This is why schools in some
> conferences still recognize "district champions"
> for sports like football. This will all change
> next year when all schools will play conference
> schedules in the regular season and the old
> districts will be abandoned.

The VHSL has adopted newly aligned "districts" and "conferences" for the next two years, though I am not sure what purpose districts will serve, at least in Northern Virginia, where they are virtually identical to the conferences with a couple exceptions. Despite moving into the 6A Patriot Conference, they will still be in the National District with the other 5A schools, while Lee is in the 5A Capitol Conference, they will be in the Patriot District with all 6A schools. I don't know what the rationale is for this. Mt Vernon appealed their placement in 6A on account of their changing population with Fort Belvoir, but they lost. Maybe it was the committee partially conceding by letting them stay put because Lee was also willing to stay despite being smaller. In practice, I don't know what difference it makes. Looking at the rest of the "districts" in the state, it looks like more diversity of size because they were concerned about geographical proximity - for example, the "River Ridge District" has four 3A schools, two 4A and a 6A. We don't have that problem - the North Region spans 40some miles from Haymarket to Arlington.

Posted by: coach dozier ()
Date: October 13, 2014 10:44PM

I understood that the old districts like the National District will no longer exist, because next year all the conferences will have regular season conference schedules. In fact, McLean already replaced the old Liberty District school banners in the gym with the new Liberty Conference 6 schools (Yorkktown, W-L, etc.).

I saw no mention of districts in the VHSL 2015-17 realignment notes. The main complaint last year was that most of the teams in conferences like the new "Liberty Conference 6" don't play each other in sports like football. Yet for Cross Country, the teams only play the new conference teams and not the old district schools. The basketball season has been split into separate "district" and "conference" schedules. It's been an unholy mess, and the districts are done. Done forever, because they serve no purpose.

Posted by: SOCO QUESTION ()
Date: October 14, 2014 08:47AM

Does anyone out there have any information on Robert Avery. The Thunder of the Stallions backfield seems not to have played in the last two games....with a bye in-between. Injured...suspended...transferred?????

Date: October 16, 2014 07:19PM

Random thought but I'd love to see South County vs. Patriot in the playoffs - hope they match up against each other.

Posted by: Get help ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:11PM

Fags
You are all fags and should be reported to the police
My god get a life that is not about young men.

Posted by: TWu7Y ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:19PM

I warned them about the illegal activity. I guess just a phone call will not take too much time.

Can not educate these fools, oh well.

Posted by: Fags ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:25PM

Get help Wrote:
> Fags
> You are all fags and should be reported to the
> police
> My god get a life that is not about young men.

What are you going to report to the police?

Posted by: DFdXm ()
Date: October 16, 2014 08:29PM

TWu7Y Wrote:
> I warned them about the illegal activity. I guess
> just a phone call will not take too much time.
>
> Can not educate these fools, oh well.

jealous asshole,

pick up the phone and call it in.
Please educate me on what is illegal about talking about football.

Date: October 16, 2014 09:04PM

In case you were not aware, high school football is a big industry in every community of the US. And most people have kids - or friends or relatives that have kids - that play or have played high school football. Do you feel the same way about college or professional football? Where do you think those players come from?

Posted by: Fucken idiot ()
Date: October 16, 2014 10:20PM

Get help Wrote:
> Fags
> You are all fags and should be reported to the
> police
> My god get a life that is not about young men.

Says the retard who complains about nonsense while using anonymous usernames, sitting in your mom's basement and jerking off to Hannah Montana reruns.

Posted by: VA Preps ()
Date: October 17, 2014 06:21AM

My predictions record climbed a bit last week as I correctly hit on 20 of the 27 games played (.740) which upped my season mark to 143-51 (.737). Still a far cry from where I want to be but, all in all, not too shabby.

OSBOURN AT BATTLEFIELD
Battlefield has won the last two meetings 21-0 and 24-6 and things seem to be shaping up right along those lines for this year's contest. The Bobcats once again rank among the best teams in the state with quarterback Matt Gallagher leading a diversified attack that will challenge the Osbourn defense both on the ground and through the air. The Eagles defense has not been up to those types of challenges this season as they've been hit for 34 or more points in four of their six games. The Bobcats should score early and cruise to another win...Battlefield 38, Osbourn 7

STONEWALL JACKSON AT PATRIOT
Stonewall has won a pair of shootout-type games in this series opening with a 28-24 win in 2012 before capturing a 41-35 victory last season. Despite the breakaway talents of tailback Reggie Floyd, the Raiders offense has not reached the same level as in the recent past scoring over 20 points in a game only once this season and they enter this game being shut out by Battlefield last Friday. Patriot, on the other hand, has been spinning numbers on the scoreboard like a cartoon putting up at least 34 points in every game this season behind quarterback Cody Agnew and wide receiver Nick Mathews, who no one has slowed this year. It looks like the right time to pick the Pioneers to get their first win in this series...Patriot 40, Stonewall Jackson 24

OAKTON AT CENTREVILLE
Centreville has won five of the last six meetings and things look bleak for Oakton in this year's contest as the Cougars have dropped three straight coming into this game including a 31-10 loss to Chantilly last week. Somewhat unexpectedly, Centreville enters this game coming off a loss as well falling to Westfield 42-41 in double overtime last week. There has been whispers that South Carolina commit AJ Turner may find his way back onto the field this week though which would be a big boost in the arm for a Wildcats team still capable of running the table. They'll regain some momentum here...Centreville 44, Oakton 14

HERNDON AT CHANTILLY
Chantilly has won nine straight games between the two schools including a 56-40 shootout win last season. Herndon had been an offensive juggernaut through their first five games scoring 21 or more in each but they were shut out last week by Edison which gives reason for pause. Still, quarterback Ryan McLaughlin heads up a potent attack capable of big things. Though the Chargers put up 38 points on Lee in their opener and 31 against Oakton last week, the offense has not been very explosive this season scoring 41 points in their other three contests. They'll have to rely on their defense to make plays which should make for an interesting battle. If the Hornets offense is back in form, this will be a four quarter thriller...Chantilly 30, Herndon 28

ROBINSON AT WESTFIELD
As hard as this is to believe, Westfield has dominated this series between two NoVa power programs as the Bulldogs have won ten of the last eleven meetings. The last three have been decided by a total of eleven points, so the games are tight even if the series has not been. The Rams come in playing perhaps their best football in years, however, as they enter 6-0 riding a running game that has seen three backs -- Marcus Denham, Roman Lowery and Sean Foncha -- all total nearly 600 yards to date. They'll square off with a Westfield squad that has only dropped one of their six games this season and are just a week off topping Centreville in double overtime, a confidence-building win if there ever was one. The offense has found a nice balance between handing the ball to Evan Gray and throwing it to Tyler Scanlon. The power point implications in this game are monstrous as the winner could end up with the top seed overall...Westfield 28, Robinson 26

FAIRFAX AT McLEAN
Fairfax has collected three straight wins in the series topping McLean 45-20 last season. The Rebels evened their record at 3-3 last week when they topped Langley in a one-touchdown contest. They've been on a roller coaster ride this season scoring 35 or more in three games but totaling only 21 points in their other three games. McLean also comes in at 3-3 but almost all of their games look the same on paper as they are playing high-scoring shootouts almost every week. Quarterback Brian Maffei has been magnificent throwing for over 1,000 yards and 12 touchdowns in three games. This one is sizing up as another high-scoring affair and the Highlanders seem to be a bit more at home in those type games right now...McLean 39, Fairfax 33

SOUTH LAKES AT LANGLEY
Langley has won all but one game in this series since 2004 and they cruised to a 56-33 win last season. South Lakes enters this game fresh off their first win of the season as they topped Jefferson 49-6 last week as they've struggled to slow opposing offenses this season allowing 33 or more in their first five games. They'll have to buck up this week facing Saxons running back Tyler West who has totaled over 1,000 yards and 14 touchdowns already this season. Winners of their last two games, the Saxons can start making a run at a postseason berth with another win here...Langley 36, South Lakes 20

JEFFERSON AT MADISON
Jefferson snapped an eight-year Madison winning streak last season with a 24-21 victory, but the Colonials aren't playing at the same level this season as they did last losing their first six games this season. The offense has only scored more than 14 points in one contest this season while the defense has been stung for 28 or more each week. Madison has collected only two wins this season but quarterback Jason Gastrock has been on fire throwing for more than 200 yards in four of their six games totaling nearly 1,300 yards to date. The Warhawks have played a tough schedule to date, so they should be prepped for this contest...Madison 37, Jefferson 14

HAYFIELD AT STUART
Hayfield has won four of the five meetings between the two schools scoring back-to-back shutouts in the last two games. The Hawks have won three straight to even their record after six games with the offense putting up 34 or more points in each win. Quarterback Sheldon Isaac has been on fire throwing for nearly 1,800 yards and 14 touchdowns on the year with wideouts Tyler Hodge and Frank Pannell sharing playmaking duties out wide. The Raiders fell to 2-4 last week in losing to Marshall and the defense has been hit for 28 or more in four of their six games, so they may struggle slowing down the Hawks...Hayfield 40, Stuart 13

WASHINGTON-LEE AT EDISON
A Washington-Lee 29-14 victory snapped a two-year Edison winning streak in this series and the teams have split their last four meetings. At 4-2, the Generals are making a run at the postseason and a win here will be critical to their success with Centreville, Hayfield and Yorktown remaining on the schedule. The offense has been spectacular averaging 32.5 points per game behind quarterback Ronnie Fesco (1,186 yards and 12 touchdowns) and running back Daquay Harris (693 yards and 9 scores). Edison blanked Herndon last week, a great sign heading into this game, but in the four games prior, they were hit for 20 or more points. The Generals should be able to outscore the Eagles here...Washington-Lee 29, Edison 20

YORKTOWN AT WAKEFIELD
Yorktown has won every single meeting between the two programs since the turn of the century with none of the last five decided by fewer than 31 points. At 3-3, the Patriots have alternated winning and losing each week through the first six games. They've been pretty solid on offense scoring 21 or more in all but one game this season while the defense has held opponents to 27 points in their three wins, but surrendered 96 in their three losses. They'll be squaring off with an entirely different Wakefield squad than in previous seasons as their five wins represents more wins than any other year this century. Running back Leon Young has rushed for over 800 yards this season and he's totaled more than 160 in each of the last three games. The defense has been sound as well holding four of their six opponents to 14 or fewer points. Yorktown is fighting for their postseason lives so they'll be highly motivated and they'll need to play well to win this coin toss game...Yorktown 26, Wakefield 21

ANNANDALE AT WOODSON
Woodson has won four of the five meetings between the two schools, but that includes two 14-7 wins, so the two programs have been comparable of late. The Atoms have been playing well this season winning four of their six games only 15 points from being undefeated. They've won both low- and high-scoring battles topping Oakton 14-10 and T.C. Williams 61-40. Running back Devin Hamlett has been outstanding as the focal point of the offense. The Cavaliers, on the other hand, are playing up-and-down affairs as there's been at least 47 points scored in every game that they've played. The offense has scored 28 or more in their last four games but the defense has allowed 20 or more in each contest. The Atoms are in the postseason hunt and have to win games like this to stay there...Annandale 30, Woodson 20

LAKE BRADDOCK AT WEST SPRINGFIELD
Lake Braddock enters this match up riding a five-year winning streak in the series including a 51-0 victory last season. The Bruins come in as the top team in the VHSL power point rankings in 6A North as they've won five of their six games as their 19-17 loss to Robinson stands as the only thing that mars their record. The offense, behind quarterback Kyle Edwards, has totaled 28 or more in three straight after being held to 13 by Stone Bridge and 17 by Robinson. They'll be meeting a Spartans squad better than most that they've seen in the recent past as West Springfield is 4-2 and pushing for a home playoff seed. They've scored as consistently as Lake Braddock putting up 34 or more in four of their six games though premier powers South County and Centreville held them to a combined 13 points. The Spartans and running back Adis Ojeda will test the Bruins but they're facing an uphill battle...Lake Braddock 31, West Springfield 14

SOUTH COUNTY AT WEST POTOMAC
South County snapped a three-year West Potomac winning streak in this series last season with a 49-22 victory over the Wolverines. The Stallions are serious state championship contenders this season having raced out to a 6-0 mark on the season with only one team (Hayfield) playing to within 20 points of them. The offense, driven by running backs Gerald Hulett and Robert Avery, has scored 34 or more in every game this season proving to be nearly unstoppable at this point. West Potomac will have a hard time matching score-for-score with the Stallions as they've scored more than 20 points in a game only once this season. Defensively, the Wolverines will have to play their best game of the season as they've been hit for 30 by Lake Braddock, 54 by Centreville and 35 by West Springfield. It's not a great match up on paper for the Wolverines...South County 46, West Potomac 13

LEE AT T.C. WILLIAMS
T.C. Williams has won the last two games in this series notching back-to-back shutouts by topping Lee 47-0 in 2012 and 32-0 last year. The Lancers have struggled this season winning only one game (20-17 over Edison) and they've been outscored 107-12 in the last two weeks by South County and Annandale. T.C. Williams has been on the same path, as well, scoring an opening week victory over Dunbar (D.C.) before dropping five straight. They've also squared off with Annandale and South County over the past two weeks being outscored 135-52 by the duo. Both teams should enter this game feeling great about their chances to notch a win but the Titans have played similar opponents a bit more competitively than the Lancers which gives them the edge...T.C. Williams 36, Lee 21

Posted by: Updated HS Lines ()
Date: October 17, 2014 11:29AM

Annandale @ Woodson (-1)

Fairfax @ McLean (-5)

Herndon (-7) @ Chantilly

Lake Braddock (-2) @ West Springfield

Oakton @ Centreville (-49.0)

South County (-42.0) @ West Potomac

Lee @ TC Williams (-6.0)

Posted by: Bars ()
Date: October 17, 2014 11:51AM

Annandale @ Woodson----- Annandale 30 Woodson 24

Fairfax @ McLean----- Fairfax 28 McLean 17

Falls Church @ Mount Vernon----- Church 35 MV 14

Hayfield @ Stuart---------- Hayfield 40 Stuart 17

Herndon @ Chantilly-----------Chantilly 30 Herndon 20

Jefferson @ Madison----------- Madison 35 Jefferson 7

Lake Braddock @ West Springfield----- WS 28 LB 24

Oakton @ Centreville------ Cville 45 Oakton 0

Robinson @ Westfield------- westfield 24 Rob 17

South County @ West Potomac----------- Soco 49 West po 14

South Lakes @ Langley----------------- Langley 35 SL 14

Stone Bridge @ Marshall-------------- SB 40 Marsh 7

Washington-Lee @ Edison-------------- Edison 21 WL 14

Yorktown @ Wakefield----------------- York 30 Wake 22

Lee @ TC Williams-------------------- Lee 34 TC 32

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: October 17, 2014 12:16PM

Is Aj Alexander playing tonight

Posted by: ACL ()
Date: October 17, 2014 01:35PM

He's out for the season
LB is favored by 2 TDs

Posted by: ohno robo ()
Date: October 17, 2014 08:40PM

robo's starting quarterback, Rowlett isnt playing tonight. the backup Q is just AWfUL.

Posted by: ????????????? ()
Date: October 17, 2014 10:12PM

annnd lake braddock loses to west springfield

Posted by: Spartan Fan ()
Date: October 17, 2014 10:18PM

Nice call for the upset Steve K2!
Way to go Spartans!

Posted by: results ()
Date: October 17, 2014 11:10PM

any results from tonights games?

Posted by: sure ()
Date: October 17, 2014 11:43PM

results Wrote:
> any results from tonights games?

Annandale 73 Woodson 56

Date: October 17, 2014 11:51PM

*Annandale won 73-56. What a shootout. Looked like Annandale jumped out to an early lead and then the two teams just exchanged TDs from there. Highest scoring game I can remember ever. Wonder if it broke a record? Annandale is now 5-2Annandale should be heading back to the playoffs. Won’t be a big threat but still, great season for the Atoms. Their matchup with West Springfield next week should give us a good indication where they are at. Look for them to finish 6-4.

Fairfax (-10.0) @ McLean
*McLean won 24-21. As I said, after a big win Fairfax usually comes out and disappoints. Horrible loss for the Rebels, and a great homecoming win for a not very good McLean squad. 1 more win and McLean finishes with a .500 year.

*Have not seen a score for this game

*Hayfield won 56-23.

*Herndon won 22-20 with the winning score in the final seconds. First off great win for the Hornets, but bigger story is what a terrible loss for the Chargers. Chantilly blew a 20-2 lead at their homecoming to lose their first game to Herndon in 10 years. Probably their first homecoming loss in 9-10 years too. With the heartbreaking loss look for Chantilly to finish with their first losing season since 2005. I don’t see them beating Yorktown, Robinson, or Westfield; but their best remaining shot is Yorktown at home next week.

*Madison was up 33-0 at half, haven’t seen a score since then.

*West Springfield won 16-14. I did put Braddock on upset alert, but still picked the game wrong. I didn’t realize AJ Alexander was out for the year. Huge blow for Braddock. Without him they do not beat South County in a couple weeks.

*Centreville won 21-0. I got to say this was one of the more surprising scores of the night at Centreville’s homecoming. I know Centreville had some injuries, but I am curious what Oakton did to limit the big plays and get Centreville off the field. Is there a blue print to the Wildcats? Cause I must say Westfield is really starting to click on all cylinders. I still expect Centreville to get it together though.

*Westfield won 31-14. Westfield was definitely the better team. I do obviously like Robinson’s rushing game, but when you go against elite defenses like Westfield and Centreville and they know you are going to run, that formula won’t work for Robinson. Robinson had a great first drive, 7 rushes for 80 yards, but Westfield started to figure out the attack and read the lanes better and really contained Robinson from that point forward. I love Robinson’s O and D lines as I saw in the Lake Braddock game, but it won’t be enough to make them a legitimate threat this year. Meanwhile, with Westfield’s QB now incorporating the run into his game, Westfield has an extremely dynamic offense with a great combination of rushing and passing. It is going to take a lot of things going in their favor to beat Centreville again, but if there is one team that is capable, it is the Bulldogs.

*South County won 63-27, nailed a spread. With no AJ Alexander for Braddock, if that is true, I have no doubt South County is going to finish 10-0 which I assume would give them the 1 seed for the region. The problem is though, watching these games against the region’s best, your Concorde games, Braddock facing Concorde teams and Stone Bridge, and good football out in Prince William County, and then looking at the teams South County is playing, the Stallions are not getting tested and likely won’t. Not getting reps against quality competition is going to do them in. When they line up against Centreville or Westfield in the postseason, they will have played no one near that caliber. By not playing good teams you can fall into bad habits or get shell shocked early on before adjusting. I think the South County has such a talented team, but I can’t say it enough, their schedule will do them in, no way you can play no one and then expect to win the region playing your 2-3 toughest opponents on the schedule consecutively.

*Langley won 42-21. There we go with the spreads.

*Stone Bridge won 54-7.

*Yes, another spread, heating up. WL wins 21-14.

*Yorktown wins 44-23.

Date: October 18, 2014 12:01AM

Side notes to above.

Robinson was without their starting QB and fans are saying that made a big difference, but honestly when you come in throwing the ball 3.5 times a game, how big a loss is he?

South County's weak schedule and the fact that they are playing some D5 teams could and should keep the Stallions from finishing in first even if they run the table.

If Centreville and Westfield both run the table, Centreville will likely finish higher as their first loss didn't count and Westfield lost points for playing a smaller conference school in Stone Bridge. That is BS, as Stone Bridge is better than 80% of the D6 schools and that was a great win for Westfield, but that's the way the system works.

Then can anyone confirm AJ Alexander's status?

Posted by: Confirm ()
Date: October 18, 2014 12:16AM

heresay is AJ is out for football and basketball season with ACL injury.

Posted by: Jk ()
Date: October 18, 2014 12:51AM

Falls Church at Mount Vernon, Saturday 1pm

Date: October 18, 2014 12:55AM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Annandale @ Woodson (-7.0)
> *Annandale won 73-56. What a shootout. Looked
> like Annandale jumped out to an early lead and
> then the two teams just exchanged TDs from there.
> Highest scoring game I can remember ever. Wonder
> if it broke a record? Annandale is now
> 5-2Annandale should be heading back to the
> playoffs. Won’t be a big threat but still,
> great season for the Atoms. Their matchup with
> West Springfield next week should give us a good
> indication where they are at. Look for them to
> finish 6-4.
>
> Fairfax (-10.0) @ McLean
> *McLean won 24-21. As I said, after a big win
> Fairfax usually comes out and disappoints.
> Horrible loss for the Rebels, and a great
> homecoming win for a not very good McLean squad.
> 1 more win and McLean finishes with a .500 year.
>
> Falls Church (-17.5) @ Mount Vernon
> *Have not seen a score for this game
>
> Hayfield (-24.0) @ Stuart
> *Hayfield won 56-23.
>
> Herndon @ Chantilly (-14.0)
> *Herndon won 22-20 with the winning score in the
> final seconds. First off great win for the
> Hornets, but bigger story is what a terrible loss
> for the Chargers. Chantilly blew a 20-2 lead at
> their homecoming to lose their first game to
> Herndon in 10 years. Probably their first
> homecoming loss in 9-10 years too. With the
> heartbreaking loss look for Chantilly to finish
> with their first losing season since 2005. I
> don’t see them beating Yorktown, Robinson, or
> Westfield; but their best remaining shot is
> Yorktown at home next week.
>
> Jefferson @ Madison (-28.0)
> *Madison was up 33-0 at half, haven’t seen a
> score since then.
>
> Lake Braddock (-7.0) @ West Springfield
> *West Springfield won 16-14. I did put Braddock
> on upset alert, but still picked the game wrong.
> I didn’t realize AJ Alexander was out for the
> year. Huge blow for Braddock. Without him they
> do not beat South County in a couple weeks.
>
> Oakton @ Centreville (-45.0)
> *Centreville won 21-0. I got to say this was one
> of the more surprising scores of the night at
> Centreville’s homecoming. I know Centreville
> had some injuries, but I am curious what Oakton
> did to limit the big plays and get Centreville off
> the field. Is there a blue print to the Wildcats?
> Cause I must say Westfield is really starting to
> click on all cylinders. I still expect
> Centreville to get it together though.
>
> Robinson @ Westfield (-3.0)
> *Westfield won 31-14. Westfield was definitely
> the better team. I do obviously like Robinson’s
> rushing game, but when you go against elite
> defenses like Westfield and Centreville and they
> know you are going to run, that formula won’t
> work for Robinson. Robinson had a great first
> drive, 7 rushes for 80 yards, but Westfield
> started to figure out the attack and read the
> lanes better and really contained Robinson from
> that point forward. I love Robinson’s O and D
> lines as I saw in the Lake Braddock game, but it
> won’t be enough to make them a legitimate threat
> this year. Meanwhile, with Westfield’s QB now
> incorporating the run into his game, Westfield has
> an extremely dynamic offense with a great
> combination of rushing and passing. It is going
> to take a lot of things going in their favor to
> beat Centreville again, but if there is one team
> that is capable, it is the Bulldogs.
>
> South County (-35.0) @ West Potomac
> *South County won 63-27, nailed a spread. With no
> AJ Alexander for Braddock, if that is true, I have
> no doubt South County is going to finish 10-0
> which I assume would give them the 1 seed for the
> region. The problem is though, watching these
> games against the region’s best, your Concorde
> games, Braddock facing Concorde teams and Stone
> Bridge, and good football out in Prince William
> County, and then looking at the teams South County
> is playing, the Stallions are not getting tested
> and likely won’t. Not getting reps against
> quality competition is going to do them in. When
> they line up against Centreville or Westfield in
> the postseason, they will have played no one near
> that caliber. By not playing good teams you can
> fall into bad habits or get shell shocked early on
> before adjusting. I think the South County has
> such a talented team, but I can’t say it enough,
> their schedule will do them in, no way you can
> play no one and then expect to win the region
> playing your 2-3 toughest opponents on the
> schedule consecutively.
>
> South Lakes @ Langley (-20.0)
> *Langley won 42-21. There we go with the
> spreads.
>
> Stone Bridge (-35.0) @ Marshall
> *Stone Bridge won 54-7.
>
> Washington-Lee (-7.0) @ Edison
> *Yes, another spread, heating up. WL wins 21-14.
>
>
> Yorktown (-6.0) @ Wakefield
> *Yorktown wins 44-23.

Correction on the Fairfax Score: Refs 24, Fairfax 21 (OT). This was quite possibly the most horribly officiated game I've seen in a long time. When a pass is thrown to a receiver, in order to be a completed pass if the receiver is going to the ground, the receiver must have possession all the way to the ground. A pass was thrown to a McLean receiver that popped out as he hit the ground and it was somehow ruled a catch. That happened on one of McLean's scoring drives. That isn't all. Fairfax had the second possession in OT. Fairfax had 4th and goal from the one foot line and lined up to go for it. Coach Simonds was in the refs face to get a timeout called, and the ref completely ignored him. Simonds was within 5 yards of the ref and there is NO WAY the ref couldn't have heard him. The play was called and Fairfax was stopped short. I also think Fairfax got a bad spot on the third down play, as the ball looked to be in, but I'm reserving judgment on that until I see the tap.

I'm angry about this game, because of the officiating, but I do want to give props to McLean's receiving corps. The deep passing game was working for them. They are a talented group. Fairfax could have put the game away in the fourth quarter but couldn't keep a drive going. Perhaps Fairfax should have started their JV team against McLean. That was the same JV team that won 62-0 last night.

Posted by: Boooooo ()
Date: October 18, 2014 01:31AM

Ohhhhhh the refs really screwed you huh

Posted by: Gyro ()
Date: October 18, 2014 06:39AM

Concorder Wrote:
> (Hey Gyro) Woah, Woah, Woah wait a minute
> Spartans???? Which Spartans I don't think LB
> plays Broad Run. If you are talking about West
> Springfield, Hilarious. they are improved, but
> come on man!

Spartans beat braddock!

Hey Condorder,they are not one of the top teams but definitely improved and enjoying more victories.

tell me what is hilarious now since you know so much.

Pages: Previous1234AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.