HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4
Steve K2's HS Football Lines
Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: September 05, 2014 01:10PM

Good to be back with the first full Friday night slate of games and what a set we have on tap! Weekly spreads will be posted here and picks are welcome below. Haven’t seen many of the squads this year so the first couple week’s spreads might be shaky, but enjoy.

Annandale @ Falls Church (-6.0)

Chantilly (-21.0) @ Lee

Fairfax @ West Potomac (-7.0)

Gonzaga @ Centreville (-8.5)
*Hope to get a ticket after work. This will be a great one.

Herndon @ Mount Vernon (-7.5)

Jefferson (-10.0) @ Stuart

Langley (-6.0) @ Yorktown
*Don’t know too much about Yorktown this year, but I anticipate this being a good game based on program traditions.

McLean (-14.0) @ Washington-Lee

Oakton (-14.0) @ Madison

Robinson (-8.0) @ WT Woodson
*Woodson looked a lot better last week offensively with their new coach, interested to see Woodson’s air attack versus Robinson’s run. If Woodson can hang in this one, it bodes well that they’ve taken a competitive leap forward.

South County (-15.0) @ Hayfield

South Lakes @ Westfield (-42.0)

Stone Bridge (-10.0) @ Lake Braddock
*At least if I get turned away at Centreville, there’s another great game a few miles down Braddock Road.

Wakefield @ Marshall (-1.0)
*Going out on the limb here. I think Marshall wins their first game in 3 years tonight.

West Springfield (-7.0) @ Edison

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Steve K2's HS Football Lines
Posted by: RydelllRoad ()
Date: September 05, 2014 01:16PM

I have Fairfax and Herndon winning. SoCo wins by +21. LB beat SB last year. I think they will again.

Posted by: swami sez... ()
Date: September 05, 2014 03:37PM

Cville will lose 28-21 but it gives them the much needed "reality check" to roll through the rest of the year and into another state finals. They won't necessarily roll over Smith again this year.

Westfield will go up 28-0 on South Lakes at halftime and let the JV play the 2nd half allowing SL to cover the spread 45-14.

Madison will either cover the spread or beat Oakton outright. Madison seems to be one of those schools that plays all sophmores one year and totally sucks. Then they gradually get better in the next year or two before starting the cycle all over again. Just not buying Oakton after beating a meh Woodson team in OT last week. I'll guess 28-24 Madison.

Don't care about the rest of the games but I would like to see Marshall end the losing streak.

Posted by: Durf644544776; ()
Date: September 05, 2014 07:59PM

Wow, grown men handicap HS football?

Posted by: prettybad ()
Date: September 05, 2014 11:21PM

Woodson lost like 57-9. Sucks for their home opener.

Date: September 05, 2014 11:27PM

As I thought: LB over SB and Herndon wins big. Fairfax let me down but they gave WP a good game.

Posted by: canITbeSAID? ()
Date: September 06, 2014 01:12AM

Hayfield beats the Spread!

Posted by: Eagles Rule! ()
Date: September 06, 2014 01:53AM

Gonzaga renders all of your NoVa stuff irrelevant. The best team in the Northern Region would get crushed by the WCAC champion.

Posted by: Roy Rogers ()
Date: September 06, 2014 07:49AM

Yeah, this didn't work out too well for Woodson. Robinson won by like 50 points and pulled most of thier starters at the beginning of the second half when the score was 43-6.

Also, was so disappointed in Centreville's performance last night. Really thought they would have done better. It wasn't even a great game to watch. Maybe a fluke?

"Robinson (-8.0) @ WT Woodson
*Woodson looked a lot better last week offensively with their new coach, interested to see Woodson’s air attack versus Robinson’s run. If Woodson can hang in this one, it bodes well that they’ve taken a competitive leap forward. "

Posted by: Steve K2* ()
Date: September 06, 2014 12:10PM

Well as expected the first set of spreads was going to be rough. It’s early, but last night gave a lot of insight into how teams will fare this season. Some evil person registered steve k2, shame on them.

Annandale @ Falls Church (-6.0)
*Falls Church wins 14-12.

Chantilly (-21.0) @ Lee
*Chantilly won 38-15. Spread was pretty good.

Fairfax @ West Potomac (-7.0)
*West Potomac won 14-7. Nailed the spread.

Gonzaga @ Centreville (-8.5)
*Gonzaga won 31-14. They were the better team, their offensive line was great and their secondary was able to go 1 on 1 with Centreville’s receivers. Honestly though, it’s a bit of a shame because I do think Centreville is capable of beating Gonzaga and now we have to listen to the arrogant private school fans discuss how much better their product is. It’s going to be better when you can recruit but Centreville is capable of beating any WCAC school and to see some arrogant prick on another post say Centreville would by 6th in the WCAC at best, give me a break.

For Centreville, missing their best playmaker was huge, and their QB was playing his first ever game as a starter. He has some growing to do. The play calling wasn’t good either, but Haddock gets a pass.

Herndon @ Mount Vernon (-7.5)
*Herndon won 46-27. We’ll see if they can get a win or two in the Concorde, too early to tell.

Jefferson (-10.0) @ Stuart
*Stuart won 40-14. Was not expecting that after TJ won 30-0 last year and I was told Stuart was horrible. Either TJ is horrible or Stuart is better than expected.

Langley (-6.0) @ Yorktown
*Yorktown won 45-13. Weren’t people putting Langley in their top 5 in the region? Great win for Yorktown.

McLean (-14.0) @ Washington-Lee
*McLean won 35-29. McLean jumped out to a 3 touchdown lead.

Oakton (-14.0) @ Madison
*Oakton won 16-14. Looking at Oakton’s scores, I think they are in trouble this year.

Robinson (-8.0) @ WT Woodson
*Robinson won 57-12. I was basing the closer spread on Woodson taking Oakton to OT last week. I think Oakton isn’t as good as I gave them credit for and Woodson is still a work in progress. Robinson looks good under the new coaching staff.

South County (-15.0) @ Hayfield
*South County won 37-31. Good performance for Hayfield, we’ll see if they can remotely stay in the game with Westfield next week and that will give us a good gage where these teams stand. Personally I believe South County is quite average this year.

South Lakes @ Westfield (-42.0)
*Westfield won 56-7. Nice to get the big spread and not disappoint.

Stone Bridge (-10.0) @ Lake Braddock
*Lake Braddock won 13-9. Good win for the Bruins in a game of two perennial powers.

Wakefield @ Marshall (-1.0)
*Wakefield won 40-6. Went out on the limb with Marshall, but it looks like the same squad mired in that losing streak. Went down 40-0 to a team they almost beat last year during their 0-10 season.

West Springfield (-7.0) @ Edison
*West Springfield won 34-0. Good win for the Spartans after their extremely disappointing performance last week. Looks like a long year for Edison.

Posted by: Steve Stevens ()
Date: September 06, 2014 12:22PM

Can someone give ne some absolute blowout winners free on a recorded message?

Posted by: woodson will change.. in like 2 ()
Date: September 06, 2014 05:56PM

WTW has VERY good talent among two QBs and a RB that are all class of 2018. Expect wins in a few years.

Posted by: Knute ()
Date: September 06, 2014 07:34PM

Woodson's spread offense absolutely fizzled last night after the first play from scrimmage. It is a soft offense on the ground and Robinson absolutely blanketed Woodson't receivers. Along with getting huge pressure from their front four. And defensively?? ugh... the defensive coordinator looked lost. He had no idea had to defense that wing T... an offense that is only 47 years old. Robison wasn't even that much bigger than Woodson... it is just they blocked the wing T well and Woodson made zero adjustments. This doesn't bode well... but Woodson will surprise the second tier teams with that spread but they don't have the physicality nor the coaching on defense to go to anything beyond maybe 6-5...

Posted by: steve k2* ()
Date: September 09, 2014 09:15AM

Below are the spreads for week 3.

Falls Church (-18.0) @ Jefferson

HD Woodson @ Yorktown (-20.0)
*Total guess here, think NR demolishes DC public though

Langley @ Stone Bridge (-17.0)
*Both above average teams come off disappointing opening losses. I expect Langley to play a lot better, but playing in Ashburn to be too much to overcome.

Lee (-14.0) @ Edison

Madison @ Chantilly (-14.5)
*Chantilly looked good opening week granted it was against Lee (not horrendous, likely a 3 win team). Playing a Madison team who has definitely got better but I still consider pretty weak team should not pose a major challenge in this one.

McLean (-30.0) @ Marshall
*Fooled me once. Thought they would be better this year, but after the week 1 performance, could they have a third consecutive winless season? I think the chances are good.

Robinson @ Lake Braddock (-1.0)
*Game of the Week. Great rivalry and both teams come in unbeaten. LB is rated in the post, while Robinson has looked real strong punishing weaker opponents. My gut is telling me to pick Robinson, but I think Braddock's passing attack against Robinson's strong 90% of the time run game will etch out Robinson in points. This should be a great game though that definitely goes into the 4th.

South County (-28.0) @ Mount Vernon

Stuart @ Annandale (-3.0)

WT Woodson @ Fairfax (-7.0)
*Woodson has the chance to bounce back, will pick Fairfax at home.

Washington Lee (-7.0) @ South Lakes

West Potomac @ Centreville (-28.5)
*Shoot, stinks to be the first team on the schedule after last week's disappointing glorified scrimmage. I expect Centreville to run all over the Wolverines.

West Springfield (-8.0) @ Herndon
*This has the potential to be a great under-the-radar team. I don't expect anything from them in the postseason, but both squads have some fire power and are capable of knocking off a good team.

Westfield (-27.0) @ Hayfield
*Bulldogs look locked and ready to go. I'm tentative to make a pick before I see AJ Turner play, but I am telling you Wildcats, don't sleep on Westfield this year. Big on the lines, great talent at the skill positions, hungry, and went under the radar the whole offseason. #5 in the Post for a reason.

Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: September 10, 2014 10:03AM

I agree with most of the spreads, I will pick Robinson in the upset though and don't think Westfield will cover their spread.

Posted by: Week 3 ()
Date: September 10, 2014 02:49PM

Herndon over West Springfield.

HB Lamik Bumbrey will be a 2000 yard back by the end of this. Look for Herndon to knock of Chantilly or Oakton in the Concorde once they build up some momentum.

Posted by: Hornet fan ()
Date: September 10, 2014 04:58PM

Herndon will score a lot of points this year. They just don't have the defense to win the big games. They may sneak past Oakton this year but I dont they beat any other concorde team.

Date: September 10, 2014 08:29PM

Hornet fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Herndon will score a lot of points this year. They
> just don't have the defense to win the big games.
> They may sneak past Oakton this year but I dont
> they beat any other concorde team.

Agreed. If they were playing this week I think I would actually pick Herndon over Oakton. I just do not think Oakton is any good this year, they've squeaked by a Woodson team that lost by 40 to Robinson and squeaked by a 1 win Madison team from last year, who will probably be a 3-4 win team this year.

I think the Concorde is pretty clear cut into 3 tiers.

Tier 1: Centreville and Westfield; and yes Westfield is capable of beating Centreville.

Tier 2: Chantilly and Robinson; both are top 5 caliber teams for the region. Lake Braddock is probably similar with these two. Both Robinson and Chantilly beat Lee by 3 TDs. Don't think either has a real shot at knocking off tier 1.

Tier 3: Herndon and Oakton
Herndon is explosive enough where maybe they could take down Chantilly or Robinson but I doubt it.

Posted by: JEB Stuart ()
Date: September 11, 2014 06:16AM

News flash : Stuart's better than expected. In their scrimmages, they lost to Stonewall Jackson 10-7, and beat Madison 7-6 and West Potomac 14-0. Against Jefferson, despite starting three sophomores on the o-line, they rushed for over 300 yards, with sophomore halfback Dejuan Greene leading the way with 103. This is one of the better Stuart teams in recent years.

Date: September 11, 2014 10:27PM

Stuart is better than I thought. Still, nothing special though. They could win 5-6 games with their incredibly easy schedule, but no way they get 1 win in the playoffs if they sneak in. I put them close to Annandale because of what I've heard about Stuart but I don't think they win that one.

Posted by: football observer ()
Date: September 12, 2014 12:54AM

steve k2* Wrote:

> HD Woodson @ Yorktown (-20.0)
> *Total guess here, think NR demolishes DC public
> though

Woodson is a solid team. This should be a competitive game.

Posted by: WTW Fan ()
Date: September 12, 2014 09:29AM

Predictions
Woodson 24 Fairfax 21
Woodson squeaks one out tonight and gets first win under new coach.

Robinson 35 Braddock 21
Robinson looked very physical and hungry last week. Huge win for the Rams.

Date: September 12, 2014 09:49AM

Which game should I go see this tonight?

Madison @ Chantilly

or

West Potomac @ Centreville

Posted by: go to ()
Date: September 12, 2014 11:50AM

Robinson vs. Braddock....that is the only good "game" tonite. Who gives a shit about Madison and Chantilly and Centreville will take out some frustration on West Potomac so expect the reserves to be in by halftime

Posted by: rebelman ()
Date: September 12, 2014 01:04PM

WTW Fan Wrote:
> Predictions
> Woodson 24 Fairfax 21
> Woodson squeaks one out tonight and gets first win
> under new coach.
>
> Robinson 35 Braddock 21
> Robinson looked very physical and hungry last
> week. Huge win for the Rams.

We'll see about that

Date: September 12, 2014 02:30PM

go to Wrote:
> Robinson vs. Braddock....that is the only good
> "game" tonite. Who gives a shit about Madison and
> Chantilly and Centreville will take out some
> frustration on West Potomac so expect the reserves
> to be in by halftime

I tend to agree, however, I am lazy and do not want to drive more than 15 minutes and these are the only 2 games that close for me. I think I'll go to Chantilly - I'll give a post-game report on what I see.

Posted by: Yeah Buddy.... ()
Date: September 12, 2014 10:13PM

Robinson beats Lake Braddock 19-17! Go Rams!

Date: September 12, 2014 11:01PM

Chantilly 7 Madison 3

Chantilly was flat out unable to run against Madison's undersized (by comparison) but tenacious defense. They just could not get a running game going and Madison had quite a few tackles for losses. Chantilly QB Sydnor played a solid game connecting on 3 or 4 long passes to three different receivers, including their only score - a nice TD throw on a 4th and 12. But he also threw a couple of interceptions - one over the middle (errant throw or didn't see the defender), the other a long ball where the Madison defender outfought the WR for the ball.

Chantilly was plagued with turnovers (2 fumbles 2 interceptions) and a ton of penalties including 3 personal fouls, 1 unsportsmanlike conduct and a face mask. Chantilly had a few decent playmakers (#1 Montgomery, #8 Sparks, #4 Trammell) but no one showed any breakaway speed that I saw. #23 Kerns was virtually a no show on offense.

Madison was able to move the ball early on the ground but their drives just kept stalling. Madison QB #4 throws a nice ball but the timing with the receivers was not there as they missed a ton of throws. Late in the 3rd quarter Madison had a big gainer on a WR catch and lateral and a series later a long pass play finally connected with #1 Williams. Madison seemed to almost always get a first down or two but could never finish a drive.

So it was a fairly entertaining night but my instincts tell me Chantilly is going to have a rough go of it once they get into the Conference 5 schedule. Got a feeling SoCo will win their rematch next week handily.

Date: September 12, 2014 11:08PM

Oh yeah, the highlight of the night was when Chantilly's student section started chanting obscenities at the officials. Real classy.

Posted by: SoCo Fan ()
Date: September 12, 2014 11:09PM

South County 53 Mt. Vernon 6

SoCo should've won this game 70-0 but it was tied at halftime 6-6 and the offense looked bad. They switched off at QB a lot and only started scoring after Mt. Vernon basically gave up and threw in the towel. This Chantilly game will be a huge indicator if they are for real or not.

Date: September 13, 2014 12:08AM

Well the spreads were pretty bad again. Good thing the bets didn't come in this week! Getting around the region though, should be better next week. Despite the spreads being off, my favorites went 12-2 on the week.

Went to Robinson-Lake Braddock and I thought it was pretty evident Robinson was the better team. Both Robinson's lines dominated from the line of scrimmage and Robinson went ahead 19-0. From their the coaching almost cost Robinson the game, first there was a defensive breakdown which led to a deep TD to make it 19-8 and then with 6 minutes to go Robinson had 4th and 1 on their own 30 and went for it and was stopped. WTF, punt the ball there. LB got the field goal and then Robinson botched a punt, Braddock scored as the QB escaped a sack and found a receiver wide open but they missed the 2 and fell 19-17. Honestly was not impressed with Braddock. I struggle to see how they beat Stone Bridge as they did not utilize the best player on the field AJ Alexander well at all. The ball needs to be in his hands and they lack the creativity to get it there. Throw some laterals, do some handoffs, whatever. But having him run routes where his QB consistently misses the target is really wasting his talents. Obviously he was going to be no Nebrich or Henderson, but double Alexander and make the QB throw and Braddock will struggle. No way they contend for the region.

Chantilly 7, Madison 3
Well that doesn't bode well for Chantilly competing against Westfield and Centreville, not that that was expected of them. Kudos to Madison, they clearly have a competitive squad this year.

Centreville 54, West Potomac 0 (34-0 in 1st)
Yeah Centreville played angry. Good for them, for the psyche they needed that one.

Westfield 45, Hayfield 33
Great showing for the Hawks. Maybe they actually are better. Enjoy Centreville next week :) Honestly though, playing South County and Westfield close bodes really well for them. Coming off that opening schedule they are going to smoke some teams when the competition level drops which is coming.

HD Woodson 34, Yorktown 21
Again this was a crap shoot pick, looks like DC has a team that can play though.

Stone Bridge 42, Langley 14
Huge fall off for Langley after such a great season last year. I know they were expecting better than their first two scores. Hopefully the program gets it together because a fall off like this can sour things fast.

McLean 21, Marshall 20
Marshall almost snapped the streak. Biggest surprise of the night. So sorry they couldn't do it, but great to see them play their first competitive game in quite some time and a great sign that maybe a win is coming. They have several teams weaker than McLean still on their schedule, including Freedom (SR) who fell 62-0 tonight followed by Jefferson, get it done!

Falls Church 35, TJ 13
Finally a close spread!

Washington Lee 34, South Lakes 21
South Lakes could be in trouble. Don't see many W's based on their opening few scores.

West Springfield 51, Herndon 28
Ouch for Herndon. I might have spoke too soon predicting a Concorde win but I guess it's still possible. Good win for West Springfield, they've responded well after that South County drubbing. Coach Eldridge for coach of the first quarter of the season!

Lee 20, Edison 17

Annandale 28, Stuart 12

Fairfax 38, Woodson 31 2OT
Nailed a spread, yes!

Date: September 13, 2014 04:34AM

Why do you post illegal gambling spreads on High School football?

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: September 13, 2014 05:04AM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Why do you post illegal gambling spreads on High
> School football?

Please. This is for entertainment purposes only. Keep it coming Steve K2.

Posted by: SL Parent ()
Date: September 13, 2014 08:43AM

steve k2* Wrote:

!
>
> Washington Lee 34, South Lakes 21
> South Lakes could be in trouble. Don't see many
> W's based on their opening few scores.

South Lakes beat themselves against WL and Madison. Looking at the rest of the scheduled they can win the next 6 out of 7! There getting healthy again. Should be a goo run for them

Posted by: Rebelman ()
Date: September 13, 2014 01:27PM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Well the spreads were pretty bad again. Good
> thing the bets didn't come in this week! Getting
> around the region though, should be better next
> week. Despite the spreads being off, my favorites
> went 12-2 on the week.
>
> Went to Robinson-Lake Braddock and I thought it
> was pretty evident Robinson was the better team.
> Both Robinson's lines dominated from the line of
> scrimmage and Robinson went ahead 19-0. From
> their the coaching almost cost Robinson the game,
> first there was a defensive breakdown which led to
> a deep TD to make it 19-8 and then with 6 minutes
> to go Robinson had 4th and 1 on their own 30 and
> went for it and was stopped. WTF, punt the ball
> there. LB got the field goal and then Robinson
> botched a punt, Braddock scored as the QB escaped
> a sack and found a receiver wide open but they
> missed the 2 and fell 19-17. Honestly was not
> impressed with Braddock. I struggle to see how
> they beat Stone Bridge as they did not utilize the
> best player on the field AJ Alexander well at all.
> The ball needs to be in his hands and they lack
> the creativity to get it there. Throw some
> laterals, do some handoffs, whatever. But having
> him run routes where his QB consistently misses
> the target is really wasting his talents.
> Obviously he was going to be no Nebrich or
> Henderson, but double Alexander and make the QB
> throw and Braddock will struggle. No way they
> contend for the region.
>
> Chantilly 7, Madison 3
> Well that doesn't bode well for Chantilly
> competing against Westfield and Centreville, not
> that that was expected of them. Kudos to Madison,
> they clearly have a competitive squad this year.
>
>
> Centreville 54, West Potomac 0 (34-0 in 1st)
> Yeah Centreville played angry. Good for them, for
> the psyche they needed that one.
>
> Westfield 45, Hayfield 33
> Great showing for the Hawks. Maybe they actually
> are better. Enjoy Centreville next week :)
> Honestly though, playing South County and
> Westfield close bodes really well for them.
> Coming off that opening schedule they are going to
> smoke some teams when the competition level drops
> which is coming.
>
> HD Woodson 34, Yorktown 21
> Again this was a crap shoot pick, looks like DC
> has a team that can play though.
>
> Stone Bridge 42, Langley 14
> Huge fall off for Langley after such a great
> season last year. I know they were expecting
> better than their first two scores. Hopefully the
> program gets it together because a fall off like
> this can sour things fast.
>
> McLean 21, Marshall 20
> Marshall almost snapped the streak. Biggest
> surprise of the night. So sorry they couldn't do
> it, but great to see them play their first
> competitive game in quite some time and a great
> sign that maybe a win is coming. They have
> several teams weaker than McLean still on their
> schedule, including Freedom (SR) who fell 62-0
> tonight followed by Jefferson, get it done!
>
> Falls Church 35, TJ 13
> Finally a close spread!
>
> Washington Lee 34, South Lakes 21
> South Lakes could be in trouble. Don't see many
> W's based on their opening few scores.
>
> West Springfield 51, Herndon 28
> Ouch for Herndon. I might have spoke too soon
> predicting a Concorde win but I guess it's still
> possible. Good win for West Springfield, they've
> responded well after that South County drubbing.
> Coach Eldridge for coach of the first quarter of
> the season!
>
> Lee 20, Edison 17
>
> Annandale 28, Stuart 12
>
> Fairfax 38, Woodson 31 2OT
> Nailed a spread, yes!

That's two weeks in a row that you nailed the exact margin of Fairfax's games. Nice!

A favor please -- Please install Fairfax as favorites for the remainder of the season. LOL

Posted by: 7bmHX ()
Date: September 13, 2014 06:55PM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> steve k2* Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why do you post illegal gambling spreads on
> High
> > School football?
>
>
> Please. This is for entertainment purposes only.
> Keep it coming Steve K2.

If it continues, I will be alerting the school board and media.

It may take a few weeks, but I assure you that there will be real life consequences.

Claiming "For entertainment purposes" does not justify sports booking of ant form. The laws are quite clear on this subject matter.

Date: September 13, 2014 07:03PM

steve k2* Wrote:

> HD Woodson 34, Yorktown 21
> Again this was a crap shoot pick, looks like DC
> has a team that can play though.

It was a poor man's version of the Centreville-Gonzaga game. Yorktown ran the ball pretty well but Woodson's skill position players were too much. Yorktown should win at least seven games this year, Hayfield and Chantilly are the only teams with a decent chance at beating them.

Posted by: 1984, 1981,1982, 1976, 1975* ()
Date: September 13, 2014 07:06PM

I drink, I smoke country and western, Both kinds of Country & Blues. This is a Shout out to WTW Football............ Win Lose, you keep drivin to Multi OT's....... Good for you. Luck is A FiCklE Broad. ... Do your Best, dont give up and see what happens. Class o 84..............

Posted by: Jimmy the Geek ()
Date: September 13, 2014 07:19PM

7bmHX Wrote:
> newgatedenizen Wrote:
> -----
> > steve k2* Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why do you post illegal gambling spreads on
> > High
> > > School football?
> >
> >
> > Please. This is for entertainment purposes
> only.
> > Keep it coming Steve K2.
>
>
> If it continues, I will be alerting the school
> board and media.
>
> It may take a few weeks, but I assure you that
> there will be real life consequences.
>
> Claiming "For entertainment purposes" does not
> justify sports booking of ant form. The laws are
> quite clear on this subject matter.

Tell ya what, Buttercup...on your way to alerting the Media swing by the Washington Post's (that's Media, right?) Latest Line. Here's a link for you so you don't get lost...http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/09/11/week-2-nfl-picks-arizona-cardinals-buffalo-bills-and-dallas-cowboys-among-best-bets/#.

Now, I have it on good authority that this paper is read by members of the FCPS school board, the FCPD, persons in the United States Dept. of Justice, and even the White House; and the Latest Line is typically used for the default bets in the untold number of office pools in this country. That's a lot of violators to report. You better get busy.

Posted by: yENkd ()
Date: September 14, 2014 12:39AM

Jimmy the Geek Wrote:
> 7bmHX Wrote:
> -----
> > newgatedenizen Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > steve k2* Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Why do you post illegal gambling spreads on
> > > High
> > > > School football?
> > >
> > >
> > > Please. This is for entertainment purposes
> > only.
> > > Keep it coming Steve K2.
> >
> >
> > If it continues, I will be alerting the school
> > board and media.
> >
> > It may take a few weeks, but I assure you that
> > there will be real life consequences.
> >
> > Claiming "For entertainment purposes" does not
> > justify sports booking of ant form. The laws
> are
> > quite clear on this subject matter.
>
> Tell ya what, Buttercup...on your way to alerting
> the Media swing by the Washington Post's (that's
> Media, right?) Latest Line. Here's a link for you
> so you don't get
> lost...http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-st
> ats/wp/2014/09/11/week-2-nfl-picks-arizona-cardina
> ls-buffalo-bills-and-dallas-cowboys-among-best-bet
> s/#.
>
> Now, I have it on good authority that this paper
> is read by members of the FCPS school board, the
> FCPD, persons in the United States Dept. of
> Justice, and even the White House; and the Latest
> Line is typically used for the default bets in the
> untold number of office pools in this country.
> That's a lot of violators to report. You better
> get busy.

You need a legal lesson - the separation of INCOPORATED businesses verse PUBLIC venues should clear things up for you, buttercup.

Posted by: Jimmy the Geek () ()
Date: September 14, 2014 11:24AM

Perhaps, Perry, but if you want to pontificate on your puny perspective, go start another thread someplace. Point spreads are a very efficient method of expressing the relative strengths and weaknesses of given teams -- not a prelude to what you evidently think is "online gambling".

I visit this thread because I have two kids playing football at one of the County high schools, and this guy Steve's analysis is tight. You're here, obviously, to be an Ass. Stop wasting people's time.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: September 15, 2014 03:29AM

+1

Date: September 15, 2014 11:07AM

Game of the Week?

Chantilly @ SoCo
or
Lake Braddock @ Westfield

Hmmm... which one should I go to?

Posted by: Concorder ()
Date: September 15, 2014 11:28AM

Lake Braddock @ Westfield --- could be the knockout punch for LB or they can win and get some respect back. Chance to see if LB will figure out how to use Ohio state commit AJ Alexander

Posted by: Gyro ()
Date: September 15, 2014 12:22PM

Knock out punch 2 & 3: Westfield & the Spartans take LB out...

Posted by: Hornet fan ()
Date: September 15, 2014 01:45PM

Hornet fan Wrote:
> Herndon will score a lot of points this year. They
> just don't have the defense to win the big games.
> They may sneak past Oakton this year but I dont
> they beat any other concorde team.

Herndon's offense will score with INTs and turnovers...
Spartans let Herndon score twice in 4th quarter with 2d string D when they were up 38 points.

Posted by: Concorder ()
Date: September 15, 2014 01:48PM

(Hey Gyro) Woah, Woah, Woah wait a minute Spartans???? Which Spartans I don't think LB plays Broad Run. If you are talking about West Springfield, Hilarious. they are improved, but come on man!

Date: September 15, 2014 01:54PM

To the Anonymous Clown,

There is nothing illegal about high school spreads with no cash flow nor gambling. An entertainment based pick game and an informed opinion is all the spreads are. As Jimmy so nicely put it, it is just a tool for assessing the strengths of teams and how they stack up against one another. To cover my ass, I will put a disclaimer from now on (sarcasm). I welcome an investigation and media attention, as more of Fairfax County should see my thread. To show how serious I am, I am posting my picks a day early, may alter some later in the week.

Now to this week, several good games. I will let the analysis below speak for itself.

Annandale @ Oakton (-6.0)

Chantilly @ South County (-13.0)
*South County cracks the Washington Post top 20 and looks to avenge a loss from last year. Playing in Lorton should give the Stallions the edge. A great opportunity for Chantilly to show itself though after a very mediocre game against Madison where they scored just 7. While I have a fair size spread, it would not surprise me if Chantilly took this one.

Edison @ Yorktown (-10.0)

Fairfax @ Madison (-10.0)
*Well I’ve nailed the Fairfax spread both times, without seeing them though, I am going to pick Madison based on their defense. The loss to West Potomac seems bad for Fairfax after how thoroughly they were manhandled in Centreville.

Falls Church (-9.0) @ McLean

Hayfield @ Centreville (-28.0)
*Hayfield gave Westfield an unexpected test last Friday. With another close loss to South County, Hayfield comes into this game having played two high-caliber schools. It would really be saying something for the Hawks if they could keep this score within 20 and move the ball, I just think seeing how they played Westfield last Friday, Coach Haddock will have the Wildcats ready.

Jefferson @ Wakefield (-20.0)

Lake Braddock @ Westfield (-17.0)
*If Westfield plays the way they’re capable of this spread is conservative. I do not think Braddock has the offense to stay with Westfield.

Lee @ West Springfield (-7.0)
*Both teams come in with a winning record, putting a little more meaning into this Battle of Springfield. This could be a good one to check out Friday.

Marshall (-6.5) @ Freedom South Riding
*This could be the week, Marshall coming off their best game in the last couple of years faces a Freedom team that has been outscored 185-0 this year and 289-0 if you go back to last year. Last year Freedom was 1-9 with a 25 point win over Marshall though. I look for the them to snap the streak and get their first W since 2011, Freedom will score though.

Mount Vernon @ Robinson (-40.0)
*This one will be ugly fast.

South Lakes @ Herndon (-7.0)

TC Williams @ Langley (-10.0)
*Saxons really need a W here after disappointing start.

WT Woodson (-3.0) @ West Potomac
*Look for an improved Cavs team to get their first W in a low scoring affair.

Washington-Lee (-7.0) @ Stuart

*Disclaimer: Betting on these games is strictly prohibited and illegal. The spreads are just to compare the strengths and weaknesses of teams and how I imagine they will stack up against one another. No bets nor cash flow has occurred in the 5 year history of the spread nor will it ever.

Posted by: Thbx3 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 01:55PM

Jimmy the Geek () Wrote:
> Perhaps, Perry, but if you want to pontificate on
> your puny perspective, go start another thread
> someplace. Point spreads are a very efficient
> method of expressing the relative strengths and
> weaknesses of given teams -- not a prelude to what
> you evidently think is "online gambling".
>
> I visit this thread because I have two kids
> playing football at one of the County high
> schools, and this guy Steve's analysis is tight.
> You're here, obviously, to be an Ass. Stop
> wasting people's time.

Legally, it has already been determined that using "Points" is evidence enough for illegal gambling. (When PUBLICALLY provided). You just have to find another way to LEGALLY "efficient method of expressing the relative strengths and weaknesses of given teams".

Just stating the facts. If the poster does point this out to the authorities and press, there is grounds for the OP to be prosecuted.

Posted by: forgot to add ()
Date: September 15, 2014 02:00PM

There is no comparison to papers like WAPO having "Lines". If the OP was running numbers on the street (Booking) then they could be prosecuted. Posting the numbers online (Booking) is just asking for trouble. There is no way to prove that the numbers provided are not fro gambling purposes. In fact, by law, it is assumed that the numbers are for gambling.

That is why the guy on the street can not just say "But, officer I was just running numbers for fun and entertainment".

Just no one who actually "Books" would be dumb enough to post it online without being incorporated to some degree for protection.

Posted by: South Lakes Hornet ()
Date: September 15, 2014 03:21PM

Game of the Week!!! South Lakes Vs Herndon

Give me SL to take their 3rd consecutive win over the Hornerts 34-31.

Date: September 15, 2014 04:12PM

forgot to add Wrote:
> There is no comparison to papers like WAPO having
> "Lines". If the OP was running numbers on the
> street (Booking) then they could be prosecuted.
> Posting the numbers online (Booking) is just
> asking for trouble. There is no way to prove that
> the numbers provided are not fro gambling
> purposes. In fact, by law, it is assumed that the
> numbers are for gambling.
>
> That is why the guy on the street can not just say
> "But, officer I was just running numbers for fun
> and entertainment".
>
> Just no one who actually "Books" would be dumb
> enough to post it online without being
> incorporated to some degree for protection.

Steve K2 - in the entire history of posting spreads has never made any contact information available. How could he be running a gambling operation if no one knows how to get in touch with him? I challenge you to cite case law that indicates a point spread is automatically legal proof of bookmaking. That would be a violation of several Constitutional amendments.

Posted by: nice steve k2 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 07:36PM

I think you're being way to generous to Chantilly. That's going to be a 21/28 point loss.

Posted by: Adrian P. ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:01PM

SC should win by 14 but lack discipline and leadership could lead to a closer game. They could be better if they were beat with a stick repeatedly.

Posted by: bJGNJ ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:12PM

RydelllRoad Wrote:
> forgot to add Wrote:
> -----
> > There is no comparison to papers like WAPO
> having
> > "Lines". If the OP was running numbers on the
> > street (Booking) then they could be prosecuted.
> > Posting the numbers online (Booking) is just
> > asking for trouble. There is no way to prove
> that
> > the numbers provided are not fro gambling
> > purposes. In fact, by law, it is assumed that
> the
> > numbers are for gambling.
> >
> > That is why the guy on the street can not just
> say
> > "But, officer I was just running numbers for
> fun
> > and entertainment".
> >
> > Just no one who actually "Books" would be dumb
> > enough to post it online without being
> > incorporated to some degree for protection.
>
> Steve K2 - in the entire history of posting
> spreads has never made any contact
> information available. How could he be running a
> gambling operation if no one knows how to get in
> touch with him? I challenge you to cite case law
> that indicates a point spread is automatically
> legal proof of bookmaking. That would be a
> violation of several Constitutional amendments.

It is assumed under the law - just like the guy on the street. There is no need to prove what the numbers are actually being used for or that there is gambling even going on, it is illegal to offer the numbers in the first place.

A bad example, but one none the less - if caught with a certain amount of illegal drugs, it is ASSUMED that the intent was to distribute and that charge will happen - even if the person never distributed. Similar, is just the ACT of providing numbers (In the fashion the OP has) equals INTENT in the eyes of the law.

Posted by: Eric Holder ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:22PM

Dude, this thread is just for HS football fans to talk about their teams and the points are a conversation starter. You are very very ignorant and annoying. Also, you are the reason why America is going down the tubes.

Posted by: Bruins fan ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:30PM

My boys will bounce back and keep it a closer game and will by a field goal. I might have to pull out our secret weapon early on short yardage. Watch for Tommy the "Fridge" Yates to make some goal line plays as FB.

Posted by: G4K3d ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:35PM

Eric Holder Wrote:
> Dude, this thread is just for HS football fans to
> talk about their teams and the points are a
> conversation starter. You are very very ignorant
> and annoying. Also, you are the reason why
> America is going down the tubes.

Just pointing out the facts. There are 10 other High School football threads. The difference is that none of them contain point spreads, which is simply illegal to provide in this format.

Date: September 15, 2014 11:02PM

bJGNJ Wrote:

> It is assumed under the law - just like the guy on
> the street. There is no need to prove what the
> numbers are actually being used for or that there
> is gambling even going on, it is illegal to offer
> the numbers in the first place.

Would it be illegal to offer advice or opinions on who will win a particular game and why? Would it be illegal to predict a winner of a game? Would it be illegal to state that team x will kick team y's ass and in fact will win by at least 3 touchdowns? All these could also be argued to facilitate the placing of bets irrespective of point spreads. I did a quick search of the Virginia State Code on gambling and I could not find any mention of prohibition of point spreads or information services regarding bookmaking. Can you provide the reference for your assertion that predicting a team will win by a certain number of points is illegal?

Posted by: Back in the day ()
Date: September 16, 2014 12:07PM

I grew up in Houston, 30-35 years ago the Houston papers printed point spreads for high school games.

Posted by: Sorry SOCO ()
Date: September 16, 2014 04:08PM

South County has a complete lack of discipline. In the first three games they have had 35 penalties accepted for 418 yards- that is an average of nearly 12 a game and 140 yards.They have had 7 TD's called back by penalty- 5 in the victory over Mt Vernon. Their very talented linebacker (#54) has over 10 penalties in 3 games and over half of those have been for unsportsmanlike conduct. Good player but out of control and the coaches don't do a thing. But it starts at the top- when players are allowed to cuss out coaches wo reprimand then things get out of hand. The head coach waits for the home team to come out first on away games to include the Mt Vernon game this past Friday. The team missed the National Anthem bc they were still in the locker room. What kind of leadership and respect is that? Furthermore, they do a fake field goal up 40-6 and then do an onside kick up 53-6 with 2 minutes to go with the majority of first string still in. Cant wait until they play a real team and their undisciplined style costs them a game or two.

Posted by: YTWXh ()
Date: September 16, 2014 06:39PM

Soco is high on talent but low on class and play lick prisoners. They will probably win the patriot district as far as games go but I hope the recruiters at least notice their lack of discipline and unsportsmanlike play. They had 17 Penalties for 166 yards vs WSHS. They kept doing on side kicks too which only gave the Spartans more yardage.

Posted by: P@tri0t Dist fan ()
Date: September 16, 2014 06:51PM

steve k2* Wrote:
> To the Anonymous Clown,
>
> There is nothing illegal about high school spreads
> with no cash flow nor gambling. An entertainment
> based pick game and an informed opinion is all the
> spreads are. As Jimmy so nicely put it, it is
> just a tool for assessing the strengths of teams
> and how they stack up against one another. To
> cover my ass, I will put a disclaimer from now on
> (sarcasm). I welcome an investigation and media
> attention, as more of Fairfax County should see my
> thread. To show how serious I am, I am posting my
> picks a day early, may alter some later in the
> week.
>
> Now to this week, several good games. I will let
> the analysis below speak for itself.
>
>
> Annandale @ Oakton (-6.0)
>
> Chantilly @ South County (-13.0)
> *South County cracks the Washington Post top 20
> and looks to avenge a loss from last year.
> Playing in Lorton should give the Stallions the
> edge. A great opportunity for Chantilly to show
> itself though after a very mediocre game against
> Madison where they scored just 7. While I have a
> fair size spread, it would not surprise me if
> Chantilly took this one.
>
> Edison @ Yorktown (-10.0)
>
> Fairfax @ Madison (-10.0)
> *Well I’ve nailed the Fairfax spread both times,
> without seeing them though, I am going to pick
> Madison based on their defense. The loss to West
> Potomac seems bad for Fairfax after how thoroughly
> they were manhandled in Centreville.
>
> Falls Church (-9.0) @ McLean
>
> Hayfield @ Centreville (-28.0)
> *Hayfield gave Westfield an unexpected test last
> Friday. With another close loss to South County,
> Hayfield comes into this game having played two
> high-caliber schools. It would really be saying
> something for the Hawks if they could keep this
> score within 20 and move the ball, I just think
> seeing how they played Westfield last Friday,
> Coach Haddock will have the Wildcats ready.
>
> Jefferson @ Wakefield (-20.0)
>
> Lake Braddock @ Westfield (-17.0)
> *If Westfield plays the way they’re capable of
> this spread is conservative. I do not think
> Braddock has the offense to stay with Westfield.
>
> Lee @ West Springfield (-7.0)
> *Both teams come in with a winning record, putting
> a little more meaning into this Battle of
> Springfield. This could be a good one to check
> out Friday.
>
> Marshall (-6.5) @ Freedom South Riding
> *This could be the week, Marshall coming off their
> best game in the last couple of years faces a
> Freedom team that has been outscored 185-0 this
> year and 289-0 if you go back to last year. Last
> year Freedom was 1-9 with a 25 point win over
> Marshall though. I look for the them to snap the
> streak and get their first W since 2011, Freedom
> will score though.
>
> Mount Vernon @ Robinson (-40.0)
> *This one will be ugly fast.
>
> South Lakes @ Herndon (-7.0)
>
> TC Williams @ Langley (-10.0)
> *Saxons really need a W here after disappointing
> start.
>
> WT Woodson (-3.0) @ West Potomac
> *Look for an improved Cavs team to get their first
> W in a low scoring affair.
>
> Washington-Lee (-7.0) @ Stuart
>
> *Disclaimer: Betting on these games is strictly
> prohibited and illegal. The spreads are just to
> compare the strengths and weaknesses of teams and
> how I imagine they will stack up against one
> another. No bets nor cash flow has occurred in
> the 5 year history of the spread nor will it ever.

Annandale @ Oakton: O in Oakton stands for overrated; they might be good for 10 points over Annandale but the Atoms could surprise them and keep it a close game.

Chantilly @ SC: SC is good for -14 if they don’t get greedy

LB @ WF: LB is overrated but has enough talent to stay within a 2 TD loss

Lee @ WSHS: Spartans will have easy win in double digits

TCW @ Langley: TC for the Win

Woodson @ WPo: WPo wins by 7

Posted by: cnnsi/yahoo sports ()
Date: September 17, 2014 09:00AM

Both of the above-cited sites have "experts" that opine on college games taking into account p*ints. (Don't want to get into trouble using the vile po*nt word.)

Posted by: johnRiley ()
Date: September 18, 2014 07:38PM

I heard this site was full of illegal gambling. Just wanted to CONTINUE to point this out. I might even make a similar comment each of the next few days. Then continue to do so. I might even promise that some people are going to prison. Then when nobody goes to prison I might mention that they are still going. I might do this. I will do this. I have nothing better to do. I heard talking about sports was to assume you are gambling. Just saying AGAIN for the 1OOTH TIME while using a tone as if I'm concerned and am mentioning it for the FIRST TIME.

ps. this is illegal. someone will pay, well not pay as in money, but with years of jail time.

pps. mentioning the things you are doing is a class 7 felony.

ppps. Just kidding.

Posted by: Stateless ()
Date: September 19, 2014 10:40PM

Marshall played a school over in Loudoun with 500 fewer students that had lost its first three games by over 60 points, and still lost. This is what happens when Ryan McElveen is your best-known alumnus.

Date: September 19, 2014 10:58PM

Tough night for the old Concorde District (now Conference 5).

Annadale 14 Oakton 10
SoCo 34 Chantilly 14
Lake Braddock Refs 36 Westfield 23

Only Centreville and Robinson came out with wins

Centreville 42 Hayfield 18
Robinson 35 Mount Vernon 7

Posted by: soco ()
Date: September 19, 2014 11:05PM

Chantilly was never even close. The most competitive thing in that stadium were the two bands going back and forth playing the same music at each other.

Posted by: Liberty!!! ()
Date: September 19, 2014 11:20PM

Did South Lakes beat Herndon?

Posted by: Go South Lakes! ()
Date: September 19, 2014 11:23PM

South Lakes almost beat Herndon!

Hung tough, and lost by only 49...

Date: September 19, 2014 11:27PM

My bad. Forgot about Herndon.

Herndon 49 South Lakes 0

Posted by: Baron Cameron ()
Date: September 19, 2014 11:44PM

Did South Lakes show up? What the hell happen to them?

Posted by: metcp ()
Date: September 20, 2014 12:07AM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> bJGNJ Wrote:
> -----
>
> > It is assumed under the law - just like the guy
> on
> > the street. There is no need to prove what the
> > numbers are actually being used for or that
> there
> > is gambling even going on, it is illegal to
> offer
> > the numbers in the first place.
>
> Would it be illegal to offer advice or opinions on
> who will win a particular game and why? Would it
> be illegal to predict a winner of a game? Would
> it be illegal to state that team x will kick team
> y's ass and in fact will win by at least 3
> touchdowns? All these could also be argued to
> facilitate the placing of bets irrespective of
> point spreads. I did a quick search of the
> Virginia State Code on gambling and I could not
> find any mention of prohibition of point spreads
> or information services regarding bookmaking. Can
> you provide the reference for your assertion that
> predicting a team will win by a certain number of
> points is illegal?

No. It is illegal to produce number/points/spreads on a public forum such as this. Just like it is illegal to offer number/points/spreads in public (Bookies).

Incorporated businesses, papers/online "entertainment" sites etc...are covered under the law. There is a reason gambling sites are illegal.

The "tool for assessing the strengths of teams and how they stack up against one another" is bullshit and would not stop a conviction against the OP (IP address to person). As soon as numbers are introduced it becomes illegal.

There has to be no proof of monies being exchanged or contact with other people, it is assumed under the law. All it would take is one person alerting the police and there being an investigator to check things out. The police would not have to go through the site admin to trace an IP.

It ALL boils down to simply not using numbers. You can discuss until the day you die, but introduce numbers to the public in almost any media form and that equals illegal activity.

Date: September 20, 2014 12:33AM

metcp Wrote:

> No. It is illegal to produce number/points/spreads
> on a public forum such as this.

Show me where:

http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode

Your turn.

Date: September 20, 2014 12:34AM

A lot of surprises and great football tonight.

Annandale @ Oakton (-6.0)
*Annandale won 14-10. Annandale's not bad, but Oakton definitely isn't real good. I think they finish fifth in the Concorde, but last isn't out of the question.

Chantilly @ South County (-13.0)
*South County won 34-14. The Stallions jumped out to a fast start taking a 14 point lead 4 minutes in. Chantilly had it down to 7 for a while, but the Stallions were definitely the better team tonight. Quality win for the Stallions.

Edison @ Yorktown (-10.0)
*Yorktown won 27-15. Close spread!

Fairfax @ Madison (-10.0)
*Madison won 34-14. By no means a region contender, but the Warhawks have improved vastly from their 1-9 mark last year and should definitely be a playoff team.

Falls Church (-9.0) @ McLean
*Falls Church wins 24-20.

Hayfield @ Centreville (-28.0)
*Centreville won 42-18. After a 28-6 first quarter the Hawks settled down a bit. Hayfield has definitely had the toughest schedule in the state through 3 games and without a doubt is the best 0-3 public school in the state. Look for Hayfield to win at least 5 of their remaining 7 and make the playoffs. Now that I've seen some more of the "contenders" I am officially ready to jump on the bandwagon and crown Centreville. The scary thing is AJ Turner isn't even back yet!

Jefferson @ Wakefield (-20.0)
*Wakefield wins 49-14. Wakefield is 3-0, 1 more win than all of last year, and Jefferson falls to 0-3.

Lake Braddock @ Westfield (-17.0)
*So, this was the game I was at tonight. First for Lake Braddock, a very different team then I saw last week against Robinson. Looks like they were reading my advice as they put the ball in AJ Alexander's (Ohio State) hands on runs and laterals. When a talent like that touches the ball good things happen. He returned a 95 yard kickoff and ran a 70 yard run on a terrific QB handoff that had the whole stadium fooled. Lake Braddock trailed 23-21 at the half and had just 1 first down. Alexander went down on the kickoff to start the 2nd and I thought they were done. From there though, the receivers ran great routes, the QB was good on his feet and the Bruins kept moving the chains. Fantastic win for the Bruins. But they don't have the power run game to milk clock in the playoffs and the QB's decision making is pretty bad. He throws into double coverage and misses open men all the time, he legit could have had 6 INTs tonight, think he finished with 2 because of luck.

Now with Westfield, good first half moving the ball. Scanlon is a great receiver and Gray is a playmaker when he has the ball in his hands. The problem tonight was the QB missed a couple throws (or incorrect routes) and Westfield had 15+ penalties, 10 offensive holding. Someone blamed the refs above, but Westfield was legit holding on almost every snap. It was refreshing to have refs a) know what a hold is and b) call it consistently. You take away the penalties Westfield probably wins and that is coachable. Not that I am surprised by it, but I struggle to see how this team can beat Centreville, definitely a bit overrated... Until I see South County though, I still have this team as 2 in the region.

Lee @ West Springfield (-7.0)
*West Springfield wins 34-13. The Spartans are definitely a team to keep an eye on right now. After a disappointing opener against South County, the Spartans have smashed their last 3 opponents, including Herndon, who is not that bad this year.

Marshall (-6.5) @ Freedom South Riding
*Freedom wins 30-27. Well shoot, Marshall got a team that was outscored 185-0 and couldn't get the job done. They will have to learn how to win a close game with that streak hanging over them, I believe it reached 30 tonight. This was the most winnable game, but if they played McLean close last week a win is not out of the question. Gets a lot harder though with bigger schools coming up. TJ (0-3) is their best remaining chance next week, but I think TJ is quite a bit better than the Freedom team Marshall lost to tonight. They also have South Lakes who looks like a train wreck. The team is young though, wins will come... I think.

Mount Vernon @ Robinson (-40.0)
*Robinson won 35-7.

South Lakes @ Herndon (-7.0)
*Herndon won 49-0. First year for Coach Taylor, so growing pains inevitable, but wow this must have hurt for the Seahawks fans. This South Lakes team is pretty bad. We'll see how they bounce back, but I think most of their opponents are of a similar skill level to Herndon.

TC Williams @ Langley (-10.0)
*Langley wins 46-35. Yay a good pick, aren't many tonight. Much needed win for the Saxons. If they go into Chantilly and win next week, a great opportunity to put the rough start behind them and build some momentum with several winnable games.

WT Woodson (-3.0) @ West Potomac
*Woodson wins 30-20. Good first win for the Cavs!

Washington-Lee (-7.0) @ Stuart
*Washington-Lee wins 41-16.

Date: September 20, 2014 12:38AM

Oh shit, forgot the disclaimer :)

*Disclaimer: Betting on these games is strictly prohibited and illegal. The spreads are just to compare the strengths and weaknesses of teams and how I imagine they will stack up against one another. No bets nor cash flow has occurred in the 5 year history of the spread nor will it ever.

Posted by: The Governer ()
Date: September 20, 2014 09:54AM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> metcp Wrote:
>
> > No. It is illegal to produce
> number/points/spreads
> > on a public forum such as this.
>
> Show me where:
>
>
> http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode
>
>
> Your turn.

Loser,
for it to be illegal there actually has to be a bet placed and money exchanged.

Illegal gambling" means the making, placing or receipt of any bet or wager in the Commonwealth of money or other thing of value, made in exchange for a chance to win a prize, stake or other consideration or thing of value, dependent upon the result of any game, contest or any other event the outcome of which is uncertain or a matter of chance, whether such game, contest or event occurs or is to occur inside or outside the limits of the Commonwealth.

Date: September 20, 2014 09:32PM

I enjoy the point spreads but let's keep in mind how Fairfax County police deal with small-time bookmakers. I don't want to see anyone die.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/05/01/in-virginia-death-penalty-for-gambling/

Posted by: Harry Potter ()
Date: September 21, 2014 07:34AM

football observer Wrote:
> I enjoy the point spreads but let's keep in mind
> how Fairfax County police deal with small-time
> bookmakers. I don't want to see anyone die.
> http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/05/01/in-virgini
> a-death-penalty-for-gambling/

Football Observer
Hopefully you die a most painful death soon...

Posted by: YOOOOOOOOOOOO ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:02PM

yall sleeping on soco. they are the 2nd best team in d6 easy

Posted by: Maybe ()
Date: September 21, 2014 07:26PM

SoCo has a much improved defense from a year ago, and they pretty much shut down Chantilly on offense. They have a new MLB who plays with great energy and anchors the defense and they stop the run and get a good pass rush. The secondary is much improved with two good corners and safeties (they got burned repeatedly last year at corner -- several times against Chantilly).

The SC offense fumbled the ball repeatedly on Friday and gave Chantilly good field position several times, letting them stay in the game. I think SC fumbled the ball a total of 7 times on offense and once on special teams (muffed punt return catch). Without the fumbles they would have scored in the 50-60 point range. Do that against a good team and you will have a very long night. The SoCo offense looks ok (when they are not fumbling), but they do not have the explosive triple option offense they had last year. They still run it and play up-tempo, but they tag team two junior QB's, both of whom look a little confused some times. If they can take care of the ball and cut down the mistakes they could have a very good season.

Date: September 21, 2014 07:42PM

Maybe Wrote:
> SoCo has a much improved defense from a year ago,
> and they pretty much shut down Chantilly on
> offense.

I wouldn't read to much into that - Madison pretty much shut down Chantilly's offense. In fact, Madison held them to 10.

Posted by: Call me maybe not ()
Date: September 21, 2014 08:19PM

Soco's O was more explosive last year but the big difference is lack of continuity on drives with poor ball security. When they take care of it they are pretty good. 1 QB is a jr. but the other is a Soph. Both are really good athletes from what I have seen. Soco is still avg 41 pts a game 460 yds of O a game with 287 a game on the ground and 14 TDs. Defense seems much better than last year.Wash Post shows 1 back with 458 rush yds and 1 with 450 so they still seem to have a good running attack. Cville is still on top but Robinson is another dangerous team on the rise. They also have a good rushing attack and good D. Westfield and lake braddock are also still dangerous and will be around for the playoff hunt.

Posted by: The Truth hurts ()
Date: September 21, 2014 08:40PM

Soco has not played any quality teams yet and will be exposed once they meet up with LB and go down in the playoffs.

Posted by: Best 0 & 3 ()
Date: September 21, 2014 08:56PM

Hayfield collective ego mass coaching staff going nuts over 'the best 0-3 public school in the state' Way to go!!! You guys are the best losers in the state!!!

Date: September 23, 2014 11:00AM

Well I picked a good week to go out of town as there is not a real exciting matchup. Still though, should be a number of close and exciting games for the first Friday of Fall.

Centreville (-28.0) @ West Springfield
*Spartans playing good football, great opportunity for them to showcase their talent. Centreville should still cruise.

Hayfield (-14.0) @ Washington-Lee
*Hayfield’s difficult schedule will pay dividends from this point forward, look for them to start a nice steak.

Herndon @ Robinson (-17.0)
*Herndon has looked good this year, but don’t think they will be able to stop Robinson’s run game. Still should be a good Concorde football game.

Lake Braddock (-17.0) @ Annandale
*Annandale has a great opportunity to show they can compete against the contenders. I think Annandale has a nice team this year, but still not enough firepower to stay in this one.

Langley @ Chantilly (-7.0)
*Should be a good game. The last several times these schools have played each other, we’ve been treated to several thrillers. Both teams aren’t real strong this year though.

Marshall @ Jefferson (-9.0)
*Marshall’s best remaining shot at a win. Both teams come in 0-3. The quality may not be great, but this should be a pretty even game.

Mount Vernon @ Stuart (-7.0)

Oakton (-15.0) @ West Potomac

South County (-35.0) @ Lee

South Lakes @ McLean (-10.0)

Stone Bridge (-14.0) @ Madison
*Potential game of the week candidate.

TC Williams @ WT Woodson (-6.0)
*I look for Woodson to score the upset and build on their momentum.

Wakefield (-10.0) @ Edison
*Good game out in Alexandria. Both teams have playmakers and these two schools do like one another.

Westfield (-31.0) @ Fairfax
*Westfield bounces back big.

Yorktown @ Falls Church (-3.0)
*Here is a good matchup. Falls Church (3-0) will get their toughest test to date. I will reluctantly pick Falls Church here.

Posted by: LOLL ()
Date: September 23, 2014 06:24PM

Jesus Christ Marshall is god awful.... They need to discontinue the football program over there. I mean shit enough is enough..

Posted by: NovaCoach ()
Date: September 23, 2014 06:27PM

Part of me feels bad for Marshall. They were close in their last two games against Mclean and Freedom. They'll likely lose another close game to Jefferson. Maybe they'll have a shot against South Lakes? I would like to see those boys break the streak.

Posted by: Remember the Statesmen ()
Date: September 23, 2014 06:48PM

NovaCoach Wrote:
> Part of me feels bad for Marshall. They were close
> in their last two games against Mclean and
> Freedom. They'll likely lose another close game to
> Jefferson. Maybe they'll have a shot against South
> Lakes? I would like to see those boys break the
> streak.

Marshall last victory was October 21, 2011 over TJ. I think SteveK2 is just tired of urging them on at this point, but I'll pick them over TJ this week. I've seen TJ and they are flat-out awful.

Posted by: Miles Joseph ()
Date: September 24, 2014 05:50PM

There has been some confusion regarding the extent of the injury Burke (Va.) Lake Braddock wide receiver/H-back Aramis Alexander suffered in his last game, a win over Chantilly (Va.) Westfield. Alexander had a 69-yard TD run and a 95-yard kickoff return before leaving the game with an unknown leg injury.

Fortunately, the Buckeye commit doesn't think the injury is as bad as some might think.

"I'm not really sure (what the exact injury is)," Alexander told BuckeyeGrove.com on Monday evening. "Hopefully it's just a bone bruise."

Things should become even clearer in the coming days as to how serious the injury is.

Alexander also confirmed that he will be taking his official visit to Ohio State this weekend to watch the Buckeyes take on the Cincinnati Bearcats under the lights Saturday night.

He is ranked as a 3-star and is rated as the No. 69 wide receiver in the 2015 class according to Rivals.com and is likely to see significant time at the H-back position upon his arrival in Columbus (Ohio).

Alexander picked Ohio State over Wisconsin less than two weeks ago and held offers from 20-some schools before coming to a decision.

BuckeyeGrove.com will have more on this developing story as more information becomes available.

Date: September 25, 2014 01:20PM

What about Djoun Lee? His injury looked way more serious.

Posted by: Va rivals ()
Date: September 25, 2014 03:42PM

steve k2* Wrote:
> Well I picked a good week to go out of town as
> there is not a real exciting matchup. Still
> though, should be a number of close and exciting
> games for the first Friday of Fall.
>
> Centreville (-28.0) @ West Springfield
> *Spartans playing good football, great opportunity
> for them to showcase their talent. Centreville
> should still cruise.
>
> Hayfield (-14.0) @ Washington-Lee
> *Hayfield’s difficult schedule will pay
> dividends from this point forward, look for them
> to start a nice steak.
>
> Herndon @ Robinson (-17.0)
> *Herndon has looked good this year, but don’t
> think they will be able to stop Robinson’s run
> game. Still should be a good Concorde football
> game.
>
> Lake Braddock (-17.0) @ Annandale
> *Annandale has a great opportunity to show they
> can compete against the contenders. I think
> Annandale has a nice team this year, but still not
> enough firepower to stay in this one.
>
> Langley @ Chantilly (-7.0)
> *Should be a good game. The last several times
> these schools have played each other, we’ve been
> treated to several thrillers. Both teams aren’t
> real strong this year though.
>
> Marshall @ Jefferson (-9.0)
> *Marshall’s best remaining shot at a win. Both
> teams come in 0-3. The quality may not be great,
> but this should be a pretty even game.
>
> Mount Vernon @ Stuart (-7.0)
>
> Oakton (-15.0) @ West Potomac
>
> South County (-35.0) @ Lee
>
> South Lakes @ McLean (-10.0)
>
> Stone Bridge (-14.0) @ Madison
> *Potential game of the week candidate.
>
> TC Williams @ WT Woodson (-6.0)
> *I look for Woodson to score the upset and build
> on their momentum.
>
> Wakefield (-10.0) @ Edison
> *Good game out in Alexandria. Both teams have
> playmakers and these two schools do like one
> another.
>
> Westfield (-31.0) @ Fairfax
> *Westfield bounces back big.
>
> Yorktown @ Falls Church (-3.0)
> *Here is a good matchup. Falls Church (3-0) will
> get their toughest test to date. I will
> reluctantly pick Falls Church here.

BATTLEFIELD AT POTOMAC

Battlefield has won the last six meetings against Potomac but barely escaped with a 10-9 victory last season. The 2014 Bobcats appear to be much stronger than last year's team however as they've opened the year with four straight convincing wins with no one playing them to within three touchdowns. Quarterback Matt Gallagher has to be in discussion for regional player of the year already as he thrown for nearly 700 yards with eight touchdowns and only one pick to date. The Panthers defense should present a challenge however as they've allowed only 40 points in three games with no one scoring more than 20 on them so far. The problem for them is that the Bobcats are a step up in competition from the teams that they've played to date...Battlefield 31, Potomac 13

STONEWALL JACKSON AT GAR-FIELD

Stonewall has won two straight here after Gar-Field collected three straight from 2009-2011. Two weeks ago, the Raiders looked prime to be the top team in Prince William County having toppled Potomac and Hylton to open the season, but back-to-back losses for Forest Park and Woodbridge has dampened enthusiasm for the 2014 squad though they weren't blown out by either. Running back Reggie Floyd has established himself as perhaps the top playmaker in NoVa this year following back-to-back 200+ yard performances. Gar-Field may have trouble containing him as the defense has been hit for 75 points in three games though they've played both Patriot and Battlefield, two power programs. Still, the Indians have not found a consistent offensive attack and that will hurt them here...Stonewall Jackson 28, Gar-Field 7

OSBOURN AT WOODBRIDGE

Woodbridge has won three of the last four meetings and three of the four battles have been decided by less than a touchdown. The Eagles need a win badly after dropping their first four games scoring only 24 points getting into double digits only once on the year. The Vikings have alternated losses with wins but they've played some rugged competition early having met Battlefield, Patriot and Stonewall Jackson already. Quarterback Mike Majette is having a big year and he could still lead the team back to the postseason for the third consecutive season. Look for the Vikes to get a winning streak going here...Woodbridge 26, Osbourn 6

FOREST PARK AT OSBOURN PARK

Osborn Park has won six of the last seven meetings including a 12-7 victory last season when the Yellowjackets were a 5-5 program and the Bruins were a state quarter finalist. Forest Park opened the season sourly losing to Patriot and Battlefield before they surprised Stonewall Jackson 33-20 last week. Quarterback Nathan Perrin is playing well as the Bruins offense is averaging 31.6 points per game on the year. Osbourn Park has not come out of the gate well losing four straight scoring only 31 points to date. Despite the recent dominance of the 'Jackets, I'd figure Forest Park to even their record on Friday night...Forest Park 36, Osbourn Park 7

HYLTON AT PATRIOT

Hylton dominated the first meeting between the two schools in 2012 collecting a 42-3 victory but Patriot answered back with a 31-21 win last season opening what should be an outstanding rivalry through the coming years. The 2014 Bulldogs roughed up Osbourn and Osbourn Park but sandwiched in-between those wins was a stunning 18-16 loss to Stonewall Jackson in a game that they led most of the way. Freshman running back Ricky Slade looks like one of the next great ones from the state and Donovan Williams has settled well into the behind center. Patriot has quickly established themselves as a top contender in North by winning their first four games and scoring 34 or more in each though the defense has allowed 96 points during that time frame and that includes a shutout win over Gar-Field. Quarterback Cody Agnew and wideout Nick Mathews are potentially the most dangerous combination in the Commonwealth. It's going to be one of the highlight games of the season with explosive plays making big plays all over the field; the Pioneers have a bit more experience in those type games...Patriot 39, Hylton 35

CENTREVILLE AT WEST SPRINGFIELD

Things got out of hand quickly last season as Centreville notched a 63-0 win over West Springfield, their sixth win in the last seven meetings. The area's premier power program, the Wildcats have responded well to their opening week loss to Gonzaga (D.C.) by bouncing West Potomac 54-0 and Hayfield 42-18 behind running back Kyle Richbourg whose totaled 296 yards and five scores on the year stepping in for Taylor Boose. West Springfield has been one of the better early-season stories winning three of their first four games after finishing 3-7 last season. Running back Adis Ojeda is shouldering the bulk of the load with 522 yards and eight touchdowns to date. The Spartans are a program on the upswing and this will be a nice measuring stick game for them as they look to continue climbing, but they'll have to play their best game to hang with the 'Cats right now...Centreville 48, West Springfield 14

LANGLEY AT CHANTILLY

Chantilly won all six meetings from 2007-2012, but Langley turned things around last year with a 42-21 win over the Chargers. Likewise, the Saxons got off to a slow start this season dropping games to Yorktown and Stone Bridge before bouncing back with a 46-35 win over T.C. Williams with running back Tyler West rushing for 297 yards. Conversely, the Chargers opened with back-to-back wins over Lee and Madison before getting dumped by South County last week. Following their 38-point outburst in week one, Chantilly has totaled only 21 points in the last two games. This contest should be one of the most exciting in the area as West should find room to work while the Chargers offense should find success against the Saxons defense, as well. It could go either way...Langley 30, Chantilly 28

HERNDON AT ROBINSON

Robinson has collected six straight wins and back-to-back shutouts in a series that rarely includes close games. The Hornets have been pretty good this season though, especially on the offensive side where quarterback Ryan McLaughlin has thrown for 627 yards and rushed for 228 accounting for 11 touchdowns in three games. The Rams were expected to be a solid team this season but they are exceeding expectations with a 4-0 start that included a win over Lake Braddock two weeks ago. They've worked hard to establish their running game all season but they tossed in some passing last week as quarterback Jack Rowlett gave future opponents something to worry about by throwing for 205 yards on 7 of 9 passing. Both defenses will be pushed in this one but the Rams seemingly have too many weapons...Robinson 37, Herndon 20

OAKTON AT WEST POTOMAC

In three meetings since 2003, Oakton has swept West Potomac but last season was a battle as they snuck out a 28-27 win. The Cougars unexpectedly fell to Annandale last Friday in a 14-10 contest that spoke quite a bit to their offensive struggles as they've scored only 75 points in four games with kicker Nick Delgado proving to be their most reliable weapon so far. The Wolverines are also struggling on the offensive side totaling only 40 points in four games including the 20 that put up on Woodson last week in a ten-point loss. Fortunately for Oakton, their defense has kept them in their games while West Pot has had problems slowing opponents...Oakton 28, West Potomac 10

WESTFIELD AT FAIRFAX

In their last nine meetings, Westfield has won each game and has scored at least 30 points in eight of the nine contests while Fairfax has only scored into double digits once during that same time frame. The Bulldogs suffered a somewhat surprising loss to Lake Braddock last week which dropped them to 2-1 on the season and the defense has been hit for 69 points the last two weeks. They'll be looking for some answers on that side of the ball this week, for sure. Though the Rebels scored 38 against Woodson in their lone win, they've only put up 21 points in their two losses, so they will be searching on the offensive side. The Bulldogs should be able to score enough points to run away from the Rebels early in this one...Westfield 37, Fairfax 14

STONE BRIDGE AT MADISON

Stone Bridge has won the last five games between the two schools including a 42-0 win in 2012 and a 42-6 romp last season. The Bulldogs defense is playing outstanding football right now as they've allowed only 36 points in three games against some tough competition (Lake Braddock, Langley and Broad Run). The run-heavy attack has been a bit slow by Stone Bridge standards but the emergence of Chance Frye as a top-level playmaker to complement Collin Buckley should help them improve their efficiency. Coming off a 1-9 season, there weren't a lot of expectations placed upon the Warhawks this season, but they look like a program who might sneak make a return to the postseason following a one-year absence as they sit at 2-2 only eight points away from being undefeated as they fell to Oakton 16-14 and Chantilly 7-3. They can give Stone Bridge fits in this game, especially early, but the Bulldogs still have a bit too much firepower for them...Stone Bridge 33, Madison 13

SOUTH LAKES AT McLEAN

McLean has won four straight in this series but three of those have been decided by a touchdown or less including last season's 13-12 win. The Seahawks could use a close game right about now as they'll enter this game 0-4 with no games decided by fewer than eleven points and they were blanked last Friday by Herndon who topped them 49-0. The Highlanders new spread attack opened the season on fire as quarterback Brian Maffei threw for 366 yards and five touchdowns in week one in a 35-29 win over Washington-Lee. However, he's missed the last two games slowing the attack some though C.J. Downey has thrown for 367 yards in relief. I'm not sure that the South Lakes defense has played well enough this season to think that they could slow the Highlanders here...McLean 34, South Lakes 16

HAYFIELD AT WASHINGTON-LEE

Washington-Lee snapped a three-year winning streak in this series last season with a 23-21 win over the Hawks. hayfield comes into this game badly in need of a win as they fell to 0-3 last week when they were dropped by Centreville adding to their losses to South County and Westfield (though very few teams in the state would make it through that schedule with anything but an 0-3 mark). Washington-Lee fell to McLean by a touchdown in week one before besting South Lakes and Stuart to move to 2-1 entering this game. The Generals will tested by the Hayfield passing attack which is not a good thing considering that McLean threw for 366 yards against them in week one...Hayfield 36, Washington-Lee 22

YORKTOWN AT FALLS CHURCH

Yorktown has won eight consecutive contests in this series but a 17-14 victory last year was the first indication that Falls Church has closed the gap between the two programs. Quarterback Joe McBride is having a solid season and running back Jack Stoors is doing a nice job replacing all-stater M.J. Stewart as the Pats have opened winning two of three. The Jaguars have won a couple of tight battles in racing out to a 3-0 start that has seen quarterback Brian Eck tearing up opposing defenses including a 307-yard, six-touchdown performance against Jefferson. It's going to be one heck of a battle, but this is the year that the streak ends...Falls Church 27, Yorktown 23

LAKE BRADDOCK AT ANNANDALE

Lake Braddock has collected wins in five straight meetings between the two schools including a 68-0 win last season. Both teams will come into this one riding a high as the Bruins pulled a minor upset in besting Westfield 36-23 last week while Annandale shocked Oakton 14-10. If not for a failed two-point conversion against Robinson, the Bruins could be undefeated on the year as quarterback Kyle Edwards has been outstanding as has running back Dejoun Lee. The Atoms are only three points from being undefeated as well as they fell to Falls Church 14-12 in their opener with running back Devin Hamlett shouldering most of the load. After bouncing back from their loss to the Rams, the Bruins are probably too sharp to get caught looking past the Atoms here...Lake Braddock 36, Annandale 16

SOUTH COUNTY AT LEE

South County has dominated the series of late winning the last seven and they've outscored Lee 110-15 in the past two meetings. The Stallions offense, paced by Robert Avery and Gerald Hulett, has been among the best in the state putting up at least 34 in each of their first four contests. The Lancers scored 20 in their three-point win over Edison but failed to put up more than 15 in their other three games. It seems unlikely that they'll be able to keep pace with a Stallions program that has steadily been climbing the Class 6A rankings...South County 49, Lee 13

T.C. WILLIAMS AT WOODSON

A 21-14 T.C. Williams win snapped a two-game Woodson winning streak in this series, but it's been tight as the last three battles have all been decided by a touchdown or less. The Titans made a run to the postseason last year but they've stumbled out of the gates this year falling to Oakton and Langley after besting Dunbar (D.C.) in their opener. Woodson just picked up their first win of the season when they topped West Potomac 30-20 last Friday. Both teams can turn in big plays but Cavaliers quarterback Patrick Riley will likely be the best playmaker on the field having totaled 801 yards and eight scores on the season...Woodson 35, T.C. Williams 33

MARSHALL AT JEFFERSON

Jefferson has won two straight here by solid margins topping Marshall 42-18 in 2012 and 35-7 last year. The Statesmen come in riding a 25-game losing streak but they've nearly broken it in each of the last two weeks falling to McLean 21-20 and to Freedom (LC) 30-27. Jefferson has lost seven straight including their opening three this season where they've scored two touchdowns in each game while allowing at least 35 to all three opponents. Will the Statesmen finally break through after two close calls? It would not surprise, but the Colonials have enough on the roster to extend the streak as well...Jefferson 14, Marshall 13

WAKEFIELD AT EDISON

Thomas Edison has won all fifteen games between these two programs since 1999 including a 45-14 win in 2013. As detailed in my NoVa Recap Report on Monday, however, this is a different Warriors program taking the field as they've opened the season with three wins already tying their best season on last decade. The Eagles came out of the gate flying with a win over Mount Vernon but have been dropped by West Springfield, Lee and Yorktown since to fall to 1-3. Given their history, Edison has to enter this contest as the favorite, especially given that Wakefield's wins came over Marshall, George Mason and Jefferson, but it won't be easy to grab a win here as it's been of late...Edison 26, Wakefield 14

Posted by: Eye in Sky ()
Date: September 26, 2014 02:21PM

Damn, nice summaries.

Posted by: copied ()
Date: September 26, 2014 05:09PM

summaries copied from Virginia Preps.com

Date: September 26, 2014 08:39PM

Some scores at half...

Centreville 14 @ West Springfield 0

Langley 7 @ Chantilly 0

Westfield 28 @ Fairfax 0

Oakton 20 @ West Potomac 14

Yorktown 7 @ Falls Church 21

Hayfield 14 @ Washington Lee 0

Marshall 7 @ Madison 0
*Is this the night?

Stone Bridge 14 @ Madison 3

Posted by: NR Fanatic ()
Date: September 26, 2014 10:17PM

Steve, hahahahahahha the one week you don't pick Marshall in a winnable game :) They finally did it!

Your picks appear to be closer than almost all the VA Prep predictions though, job well done this week.

Posted by: Remember the Statesmen ()
Date: September 26, 2014 10:24PM

Remember the Statesmen Wrote:
> NovaCoach Wrote:
> -----
> > Part of me feels bad for Marshall. They were
> close
> > in their last two games against Mclean and
> > Freedom. They'll likely lose another close game
> to
> > Jefferson. Maybe they'll have a shot against
> South
> > Lakes? I would like to see those boys break the
> > streak.
>
> Marshall last victory was October 21, 2011 over
> TJ. I think SteveK2 is just tired of urging them
> on at this point, but I'll pick them over TJ this
> week. I've seen TJ and they are flat-out awful.

Called it. Too bad GCM can't play schools that are 70% Asian every week.

Date: September 28, 2014 12:38PM

Well 13-2 on outright picks this week, that is more like it. Point spreads were also pretty spot on. 2 more games correct than VA Preps "the experts" too. So please keep that shit off the board, I would hate to have double the "illegal" activity.

Centreville (-28.0) @ West Springfield
*Centreville won 31-0. Close prediction. What's crazy is how many people are saying West Springfield played great and still lost 31-0 and from what I've heard they did play well. Kind of crazy how good Centreville is and they are missing 2 of their biggest weapons still.

Hayfield (-14.0) @ Washington-Lee
*Hayfield won 49-20. Been saying it all along, that early season schedule will pay huge benefits for Hayfield the duration of the regular season.

Herndon @ Robinson (-17.0)
*Robinson won 56-21. Herndon is a lot better, but a lot better may not be Concorde quality.

Lake Braddock (-17.0) @ Annandale
*Lake Braddock won 28-17. Annandale got a couple of TDs at the end once Braddock jumped out to a commanding lead. Still though, Annandale is a good middle of the pack team.

Langley @ Chantilly (-7.0)
*Chantilly won 20-7. Great 2nd half for the Chargers. Centreville is next...

Marshall @ Jefferson (-9.0)
*Marshall wins 28-14. Good for the Statesmen!

Mount Vernon @ Stuart (-7.0)
*Stuart won 21-10. Good spread.

Oakton (-15.0) @ West Potomac
*West Potomac won 27-20, good win for the Wolverines. Oakton, Centreville beat this team by 51 points, better get your act together.

South County (-35.0) @ Lee
*South County beat Lee 56-6. Big spreads for the Stallions, they like to run it up in the 4th.

South Lakes @ McLean (-10.0)
*McLean won 36-31. Seahawks still winless. With TJ and Marshall on their schedule do they even get to 2 wins?

Stone Bridge (-14.0) @ Madison
*Stone Bridge won 28-17. The takeaway though, Madison is this year's most improved team.

TC Williams @ WT Woodson (-6.0)
*WT Woodson won 56-21. Dang, TC Williams has taken a nose dive.

Wakefield (-10.0) @ Edison
*Wakefield won 21-6.

Westfield (-31.0) @ Fairfax
*Westfield won 36-0.

Yorktown @ Falls Church (-3.0)
*Falls Church won 28-14.

Posted by: Couger Mom ()
Date: September 28, 2014 02:55PM

JOakton will lose the next 5 games...take it to the bank

Date: September 30, 2014 09:47PM

Annandale (-10.0) @ TC Williams

Battlefield @ Hylton (-7.0)
*Game of the Week: I’ve never done spreads for PW county and doubt this one will be accurate, I include this though, as I think this is going to be a great game with a couple teams that can make some noise in the postseason. I may make the drive on Thursday. I expect this to be a close one and caught glimpses of Hylton online last week, and they are pretty damn athletic. Then Battlefield is always big and well coached, should be a good one.

Chantilly @ Centreville (-30.5)
*Pulling for the Chargers to give Centreville a game, but Centreville is going to squash Chantilly’s repetitive I-formation and Centreville has too many athletes to contain. Teams will not stop Centreville, the only way to beat them is to score, and Chantilly cannot do that against more athletic teams.

Fairfax (-16.0) @ Jefferson
*Jefferson comes in 0-4 and gets to the meet of their schedule. I can see them competing with South Lakes though in a few weeks, am I crazy?

Herndon (-14.0) @ McLean
*This has the potential to be a good game. Definitely one I can actually see McLean making a game of. I just think Herndon is pretty good this year, don’t let their Concorde performances fool you into thinking otherwise.

Marshall @ Langley (-24.0)
*Saxons looking to bounce back after coming off a tough start to the season. I think they do it in a big way against Marshall Thursday.

Stuart @ Yorktown (-10.0)

Wakefield @ Hayfield (-7.5)
*This is a great game, probably game of the week in Fairfax County. Great chance for undefeated Wakefield to show they are for real against a decent D6 team. Look for Hayfield to stockpile W’s the rest of the way though.

Washington-Lee @ Falls Church (-7.0)

Westfield (-7.0) @ Stone Bridge
*Battle of the Bulldogs, two perennial powers. All the good games are far away, but this is probably one of the most interesting. Leaning toward this one, this is the Northern Region game of the week for sure.

Pages: 1234AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 4

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.