HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dead wife beaters family suing FCPD
Posted by: Springfield boy3552234 ()
Date: September 02, 2014 04:09PM

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/family-of-john-geer-springfield-man-shot-by-fairfax-county-police-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit-10668.html

Not sure what happened but if you beat your wife enough to where she calls the cops, then you play hide and seek with guys with guns, there is a chance you might get shot....look like we did not loose a Darwin on this one....the lawyers are gonna try and take our money (tax dollars) to pay out. As a citizen of the county I demand no settlement, fight this one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dead wife beaters family suing FCPD
Posted by: twister ()
Date: September 02, 2014 06:19PM

Play hide and seek with guys with guns...really? Is that what they guy was doing? Standing in the doorway of his house...is that hide and seek?

I must play hide and seek, then, nearly every day.

He beat his wife? Really? You're not making things up, now, are you?

It might be a good idea for this to go to court.

Shouldn't people demand that type of accountability from their police force?

Protect and serve, right? Nothing to hide, right?

Hide and seek...LOL.

Posted by: Iwitness ()
Date: September 02, 2014 08:44PM

I'm a neighbor and I saw the whole thing. He never beat her. The police murdered him. I hope they pay out the whole $12 million. The police need a house cleaning. Tell that to the board is supervisors when they pay out.

Posted by: Springfield boy3552234 ()
Date: September 02, 2014 09:37PM

Sure u saw it? LOL If cops show up with gun to my house I would comply and let the courts vindicate me. I would not pussyfoot for 40 minutes with guys with gun.....natural selection...even if the cops were wrong...common sense say do what the guy with the gun says and work out the details later....worm food

Posted by: low bar ()
Date: September 02, 2014 10:11PM

You'd let the courts vindicate you?

Man, you drive a hard bargain...cops come to your house, guns drawn, tell you what to do, cuff you, stuff you...drag you to the station...

And all you would look for is vindication?

OK, you're vindicated. Run along.

Low expectation havin' MoFo.

I wondered what would have happened if U.S. troops shot up a man in similar circumstances in a war zone...I have a feeling the "pros" over their take pride in being able to not go to guns when they can help it.

Posted by: NotMuch ()
Date: September 03, 2014 04:32PM

It really doesn't seem to take much to get arrested or shot in Fairfax County by the police. The only thing you really need to be doing is either driving a car, or answering the door. I have my own personal views on the Fairfax County police because of a bunch of shit they put my family and i through a while back. The amount of bullshit that they get away with is absolutely horrid. They really are not accountable to anybody. You can go online or call internal affairs but nothing ever gets done. Then if they find out that you complained about them they put the word out on who you are and what you said. It comes back to bite you in the ass big time. So accountability? Nope. What it comes down to is the hiring process of the Fairfax County police. Majority of the ones I have dealt with our guys I hung out with in high school that I partied with. I no longer live in Fairfax County but breezing through a while back one of my former classmates pulled me over and decided to arrest me on my way home from work. Interesting how that works. When the discovery motion was made available to me it was a complete work of fiction. I was blown away at how much these guys actually get away with. "Want to get away with murder? Join the Fairfax County police department."

Posted by: ak47 ()
Date: September 03, 2014 04:46PM

Springfield boy3552234 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure u saw it? LOL If cops show up with gun to my
> house I would comply and let the courts vindicate
> me. I would not pussyfoot for 40 minutes with
> guys with gun.....natural selection...even if the
> cops were wrong...common sense say do what the guy
> with the gun says and work out the details
> later....worm food

Totally agree! The guy was a piece of shit who got what he deserved. Do what cops say and 99.9 percent you wont get shot. Settlement denied from his loser money seeking goddamn family.

Posted by: how do you know ()
Date: September 03, 2014 08:27PM

^What if someone is mentally ill and having a psychotic break? Do you think the person should get shot because the person is not complying? Mental illness is real and can be treated.

Describing a person as a "piece of shit" is just a bit judgmental.

I personally don't think the police are very well trained on how to deal with these types of situations.

Posted by: admit mistakes ()
Date: September 03, 2014 08:31PM

Read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2014/07/08/ten-months-of-silence-in-the-fairfax-police-shooting-death-of-john-geer/

The family might not deserve 12 million, but they deserve to know what happened.

Posted by: VjDxJ ()
Date: September 03, 2014 10:41PM

Springfield boy3552234 Wrote:
> http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/09/family-of-joh
> n-geer-springfield-man-shot-by-fairfax-county-poli
> ce-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit-10668.html
>
> Not sure what happened but if you beat your wife
> enough to where she calls the cops, then you play
> hide and seek with guys with guns, there is a
> chance you might get shot....look like we did not
> loose a Darwin on this one....the lawyers are
> gonna try and take our money (tax dollars) to pay
> out. As a citizen of the county I demand no
> settlement, fight this one.

More recent story here. Did you read it?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/after-a-year-with-no-answers-in-fairfax-police-slaying-of-john-geer-family-sues/2014/09/02/54da1892-31e6-11e4-a723-fa3895a25d02_story.html

The guy's family was trying to defend him. His little girl was screaming "Don't you hurt my daddy!" They police didn't render medical assistance. If you think the police should be able to kill anybody anytime anyplace for any reason or no reason, that's the argument you should be making, and God help you if you ever piss off a cop. To a lot of people this looks like murder.

Posted by: Excellent Story ()
Date: September 03, 2014 10:51PM

admit mistakes Wrote:
> Read this:
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/local/wp/2014/
> 07/08/ten-months-of-silence-in-the-fairfax-police-
> shooting-death-of-john-geer/
>
> The family might not deserve 12 million, but they
> deserve to know what happened.

That story was pretty good, even though it left out the part about the cops driving a tank through his front door after cowardly waiting to enter the house for an hour with no aid given to the man they just wrongly shot!
Howdy Neighbor!

The story did include this gem about Fairfax County's finest fuck-ups:
"Several law enforcement sources have indicated to me that the officer involved in the case may have had undisclosed issues of his own, that Morrogh sought his personnel files and that the police refused to hand it over. Morrogh then turned to the feds to possibly subpoena the file, or determine whether it was even relevant. In addition, the officer who did not fire his weapon while standing next to the shooter may have prior perjury issues..."

Perjury issues? That'll play well in court.

Posted by: Getreal ()
Date: September 04, 2014 10:19AM

Why is anyone defending the cops? They murdered the guy. In cold blood. You don't have to think he was the greatest guy in the world to get that. And if they do it to him, they could do it to you. And all your kissing up here won't help you.

Posted by: johnny ringo ()
Date: September 04, 2014 10:21AM

Hands up, don't shoot.

Posted by: loco ()
Date: September 05, 2014 08:50AM

Cops are like everyone else. Good and bad. Difference is that civilians usually don't have something as powerful as fcpd to try to quash it? I tell you what else, if fcpd wanted some files from someone, they'd have them

Posted by: to quash it ()
Date: September 05, 2014 09:09PM

^ The 12 million is what it might take for FCPD to be more professional. That's all we have as civilians---the right to sue. I hope the family gets it if this shooting is found to be unjustified.

Posted by: jHyCW ()
Date: September 06, 2014 12:35AM

Posted by: N6n9y ()
Date: September 06, 2014 12:41AM

Guy gets sot dead in his own home for no apparent reason...well, he was throwing his OWN shit around in his OWN home, soooooo.....

Ain't that America?

Where are the rioters? The looters? The baiters?

Where's the AG?????

Over a year and no answers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.