HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
anybody think the food, including the duck, at Peking Gourmet Inn is not that good?
Posted by: Wang_DT ()
Date: March 09, 2009 11:08AM

anybody think the food, including the duck, at Peking Gourmet Inn is not that good?

I don't actually mind the prices. I knew this place was expensive before I went it.

However, what I wasn't expecting was the tasteless food. I find most dishes
to be less than edible. I will say that they use top-quality ingredients,
including very good seafod, poultry, and vegetables. Not sure why they cook
decent, authentic Chinese dishes with such fine ingredients.

They were pretty good several years ago... :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anybody think the food, including the duck, at Peking Gourmet Inn is not that good?
Posted by: Jackie-O! ()
Date: March 09, 2009 02:26PM

I was not really impressed with their food either. Short of going to China town in NYC, China town in DC is not to bad. Fortune is not to bad either. For dim-sum you gotta try Lucky Three I think it's called. Rt. 7 next to where Theismans used to be which also was the previous location of Fortune.

Re: anybody think the food, including the duck, at Peking Gourmet Inn is not that good?
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 09, 2009 05:22PM

15 words:
Marks Duck House, at Arlington Blvd and Patrick Henry Drive, Wilston Shopping Center, NW corner.

Posted by: duckeater ()
Date: March 10, 2009 02:35PM

Full Kee at Crossroads Center has great duck. It sits directly across from Best Buy.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 10, 2009 04:02PM

WiPhukmyung's does a great duck, just don't bring your kids there.

Posted by: dono ()
Date: March 11, 2009 02:36PM

Peeking Duck's duck is quite good in my opinion. I agree that a lot of the rest is bland. Many of their dishes with the fresh spring onions are great.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.