HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ghosts at Rose Hill academy (near Franconia Road). Does anyone know who this little girl was?
Posted by: Meg / Alexandria ()
Date: August 30, 2014 05:01AM

Does anyone know who this little girl was? I live off of Rose Hill Drive, (near Franconia Road) and I would love to share my and friends' experience with two spirits residing at what is now Rose Hill Academy.

There are two spirits residing at Rose Hill academy (though I've only interacted with one. ) The first is a little girl. She is a young black girl around 7 or 8 years. Her story is that she drowned in the swimming pool at the academy (the place used to be a public swimming spot. ) She is not a mean spirit; she is lonely yet playful. She likes it when people come to see her. Two of my friends that can see spirits say that she plays on the swing set next to the pool. She waddles her feet in the water and re-enacts her death scene (her face turns blue and her body limp as if drowning. ) My sister felt her tugging on her hand. I felt a sad lonely energy surrounding the place.

The other is bad energy. The spirit is one of a man of around 30 or so. Rumor has it that he has something to do with the death of the little girl. A friend of a friend saw his shadow looking out of a second story window. My friend felt like he was being watched. When this place was a daycare center, my friend who attended told me that radios would switch on automatically. Doors would slam shut on their own, etc. Very creepy.

My question is: who was this little girl? Has anyone else had similar experiences here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ghosts at Rose Hill academy (near Franconia Road). Does anyone know who this little girl was?
Posted by: ghosts ()
Date: August 30, 2014 01:12PM

Not there but ghosts are common in nova. A lot of old buildings

Re: Ghosts at Rose Hill academy (near Franconia Road). Does anyone know who this little girl was?
Posted by: Hainted ()
Date: August 30, 2014 05:35PM

My house is relatively new (post WWII), but it is haunted. I'm not sure what the ghost's deal is, but in the middle of the night I will hear grunting and straining, but I am too scared to turn on the light. In the morning, I always see a pile of dog shit on the floor - what kind of ghost would do that?

Funny thing is, my dog doesn't seem to notice the ghost's presence; he never barks or anything.

Posted by: Calling Chuck Hoffman! ()
Date: September 01, 2014 08:04AM

Someone who might know is Chuck Hoffman, he is our resident guru on all things around here and maintains a site that shows murders in the area.

Posted by: jef3r ()
Date: September 01, 2014 08:44AM

Meg / Alexandria Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know who this little girl was? I live
> off of Rose Hill Drive, (near Franconia Road) and
> I would love to share my and friends' experience
> with two spirits residing at what is now Rose Hill
> Academy.
>
> There are two spirits residing at Rose Hill
> academy (though I've only interacted with one. )
> The first is a little girl. She is a young black
> girl around 7 or 8 years. Her story is that she
> drowned in the swimming pool at the academy (the
> place used to be a public swimming spot. ) She is
> not a mean spirit; she is lonely yet playful. She
> likes it when people come to see her. Two of my
> friends that can see spirits say that she plays on
> the swing set next to the pool. She waddles her
> feet in the water and re-enacts her death scene
> (her face turns blue and her body limp as if
> drowning. ) My sister felt her tugging on her
> hand. I felt a sad lonely energy surrounding the
> place.
>
> The other is bad energy. The spirit is one of a
> man of around 30 or so. Rumor has it that he has
> something to do with the death of the little girl.
> A friend of a friend saw his shadow looking out of
> a second story window. My friend felt like he was
> being watched. When this place was a daycare
> center, my friend who attended told me that radios
> would switch on automatically. Doors would slam
> shut on their own, etc. Very creepy.
>
> My question is: who was this little girl? Has
> anyone else had similar experiences here?

Not sure but here's a little history of that area. http://hkcalexandria.com/History.html

Posted by: Rose Hill history ()
Date: September 15, 2014 06:46AM

From the link provided above....

The Rose Hill neighborhood was once part of a dairy farm which had been purchased by Daniel French in 1723. The land remained in the French/Dulany family ownership until the early 1800s. They built a farmhouse on the land near the end of what is now May Street on the edge of the hill. This vantage point provided them a view that extended to the Potomac River, seven miles away, and even across the river to Indian Head, Maryland. The entrance road to this house came from Telegraph Road and followed the path of what is now Rose Hill Drive and Apple Tree Drive. The driveway ran parallel to a grove of apple trees, which is where the name Apple Tree Drive comes from. The French family planted roses on the top of the hill near the house, and they flourished and spread down the hillside. Eventually, the roses were visible to stagecoach passengers as they traveled along Telegraph Road. People started to refer to the place as "Rose Hill" and this is where the name of our community comes from.

Ownership of Rose Hill farm changed hands several times during the mid-late 1800s. In 1863, Rose Hill farm was the scene of a raid by Confederate forces led by Ranger John S. Mosby, the "Gray Ghost." They were seeking to capture the disputed 'governor' of Virginia, Francis Pierpont, who had been appointed by Lincoln. The original farmhouse built by Daniel French was destroyed by an accidental fire in 1895. A replacement house was built on the site, and that one lasted until 1966 when it was burned down by the Franconia Fire Department.

The entire acreage of the Rose Hill farm was sold to developers in 1954, and construction began on the Rose Hill Farms community. The original silos from the farm are still in existence, and are now part of the grounds of Heritage Academy, which is near the end of May Boulevard (6318 May). Construction of the Rose Hill Elementary School was finished in 1959. The Rose Hill Shopping Center opened in 1961, along with Rose Hill Apartments. John Marshall Library opened in one of the stores in the Rose Hill Shopping Center in 1963, and remained there until the current library building at 6209 Rose Hill Drive was opened in February of 1975. What is now Heritage Knoll Condominiums was built in 1965 as an expansion phase of Rose Hill Apartments. After separating from Rose Hill Apartments in 1981, "Heritage Knoll, A Condominium" was officially established. A subsequent Amendment to the By-Laws changed the name to simply Heritage Knoll Condominium. Heritage Knoll is a community comprised of 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom condominiums. The complex consists of 2 separate 3-story brick buildings separated by a center courtyard, and contains a total of 66 individual condo units (30 one-bedroom units, 36 two-bedroom units).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.