HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Civil air patrol
Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: April 13, 2014 08:04PM

Does anyone know about the Civil Air Patrol Squadron in Fairfax? Is it actually a decent group or just a bunch of fags running around?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Civil air patrol
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 13, 2014 08:15PM

Go Virginia Defense Force, a much higher calling than Civil Air Patrol.

http://www.vdf.virginia.gov/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNQGCO5jpbY
Attachments:
DSCN2084.JPG
DSCN1946.JPG
CG.jpg
standfield.jpg
VIRGINIA-DEFENSE-FORCE.jpg
DSC_0046.JPG
5425762859_08dc5fcf74_z.jpg

Posted by: NKW7p ()
Date: April 14, 2014 11:28AM

Pssshh dudes who are too pussy to join the military. Just around and have pot luck dinners.

When shit hits the fan these ppl are going to be hiding in their basement while the national guard and other military branches are deployed to keep the peace.

Posted by: Pvt. Porkchop ()
Date: April 14, 2014 11:38AM

The only battle those clowns are fighting is the one against diabetes.

Posted by: ktEeU ()
Date: April 14, 2014 11:44AM

Does VA defense force have any offices/headquarters in this area? From what I know they are mostly based off of Richmond.

Whereas CAP has squadrons all over the area: http://www.dc053.natcapwing.org/

Posted by: Hjs ()
Date: April 14, 2014 12:21PM

Commercial from the Simpsons:

Naval Recruiter: Daybreak, Jakarta. The proud men and women of the Navy are protecting America's interests overseas, but you're in Lubbock, Texas hosing down a statue, because you're in the Naval Reserve. Once you complete basic training, you only work one weekend a month, and most of that time you're drunk of your ass. The Naval Reserve: America's 17th line of defense, between the Mississippi National Guard, and the American League of Women Voters.

Posted by: TCx7P ()
Date: April 14, 2014 06:19PM

i also fly if someone buy me a ship

wanna see ?

Posted by: RowdyBurns ()
Date: April 14, 2014 10:21PM

While I appreciate their spirit they look of the same caliber of almost every 2rd and 3rd world military.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 14, 2014 11:19PM

Seriously, look into the Coast Guard Auxiliary. It's a volunteer force, but they actually do things that contribute to national security and the local population. They have a lot of competent and dedicated individuals in there as well.

Posted by: flyingaround ()
Date: April 15, 2014 09:31PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seriously, look into the Coast Guard Auxiliary.
> It's a volunteer force, but they actually do
> things that contribute to national security and
> the local population. They have a lot of competent
> and dedicated individuals in there as well.

On paper, the civil air patrol is chartered to do interesting things, like search and rescue. Is this not the case in reality? Do they spend more time on the ground than in the air?

Posted by: 395runner ()
Date: April 17, 2014 09:04AM

I was in Civil Air Patrol in middle school and high school. We had meetings where we learned military knowledge and small aircraft, and search procedures.

Every two months or so we had flight training, or a simulated search for practice. In the summers we spent a week and a half on an Air Force Base. The first summer is sort of a baby boot camp, after that you are a leader or work with different Air Force sections. I worked with fire rescue, security, and with the end of runway crews (which was the best time).

I stayed in long enough to get the Mitchell award, which is a cadet officer rank. This was very important because it gets you E3 when you enlist, and at the time it cut BMT (boot camp) down to two weeks. They don't let you skip BMT anymore, but the rank boost is huge, both for money and for follow on promotions. CAP also let me know what I wanted to do for a job field, which is also huge.

Even if the squadron itself is just studying and drill, the activites are very important, and the Mitchell award is key if you are going to enlist.

Posted by: Your father ()
Date: November 22, 2021 11:38AM

Says the brave guy in dads basement hiding behind a keyboard.

Always one or two tough guys that have been playing too much COD

Posted by: Iateyourmom ()
Date: November 22, 2021 11:40AM

So then you are both on dialysis? Cause we know the only battle you see is between your fork and your spoon at the buffet line

Posted by: CAP ()
Date: November 22, 2021 08:54PM

The Fairfax, Mount Vernon, and Arlington CAP squadrons are in the National Capital Wing. There are also some Virginia Wing squadrons in the Northern VA area. The Civil Air Patrol is the official auxiliary of the US Air Force and does most of the search and rescue missions of the Air Force. CAP planes were the first ones allowed in the sky after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. During WWII CAP planes patrolled the coast and sank at least one submarine. During the last few decades the CAP have flown counter-drug missions in the SW US and Caribbean and have been shot at.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.