HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234567AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 7
Justin Wolfe
Posted by: curious ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:22PM

Did anyone else hear Elliott in the Morning talking about Justin Wolfe (sitting on death row for allegedly killing a Centreville drug dealer) on DC101? I caught the tail end of his mom talking to Elliott, but I wasn't sure exactly what the context of the conversation was/why he was featuring the story on his show. Are there new updates in the case?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Justin Wolfe
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:26PM

i think i would remember talking about such things. after all, i am the majority of the regular posters.

-Elliott

Date: January 26, 2009 03:29PM

I think it was a 'best of' episode.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:39PM

Yeah, I don't remember talking about that this morning, either. Maybe you were listening to a re-run?

Come to my football party at Fur!

- Elliot

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:44PM

The state busted Owen Barber for the physical murder. They used his testimony (in exchange for sparing his life) to nail Justin Wolfe for solicitation of murder and conspiracy to commit capital murder. Danny Petrole had a good connect on some west coast hydro, and both of them were jealous. Justice may be blind, but when deals are made, equality in sentencing is compromised.

Posted by: jiggles ()
Date: January 26, 2009 05:09PM

Justin Wolfe sells to westfields High School students

Posted by: ummm ()
Date: January 26, 2009 05:41PM

Justin and Owen weren't jealous of the west coast connect, they owed Danny over $65,000 which is why Danny ended up dead.

Posted by: grolsch ()
Date: January 26, 2009 05:51PM

all of justins appeals were denied, despite the fact that owen has tried to recant.

Date: January 26, 2009 06:07PM

ummm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Justin and Owen weren't jealous of the west coast
> connect, they owed Danny over $65,000 which is why
> Danny ended up dead.

Yes, Owen owed him 3 g's, and Justin was into him for about 70k.If you don't think jealousy had anything to do with it, you obviously weren't present when Mr. Petrole was living large downtown.

Posted by: peacypete ()
Date: January 26, 2009 09:23PM

there was this one bald headed fuck, used to kick it with those guys, i forget his name, but he was the WORST. major faggot.

Posted by: take responsibility ()
Date: January 26, 2009 10:48PM

curious Wrote:
> Did anyone else hear Elliott in the Morning
> talking about Justin Wolfe (sitting on death row
> for allegedly killing a Centreville drug dealer)
> on DC101? I caught the tail end of his mom
> talking to Elliott, but I wasn't sure exactly what
> the context of the conversation was/why he was
> featuring the story on his show. Are there new
> updates in the case?

ALLEGEDLY?!?!?!?!!?

He's been convicted, he did it.

Posted by: i know ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:13PM

peacypete Wrote:
> there was this one bald headed fuck, used to kick
> it with those guys, i forget his name, but he was
> the WORST. major faggot.

Jason Coleman?

The show this morning was a "best of" rerun like someone mentioned above. You can listen to the entire podcast on eitm.com. A few of my friends told me about it when it originally aired, so I listened to it later that same night....I can't believe the audacity of Justins mom to be so naive that she didnt put 2 and 2 together that her son was into selling that stuff...how many jobless 20 yr olds do you know with no credit go and purchase a brand new vehicle on their own and pay cash??? although I still firmly believe Owen did it entirely on his own...he was psycho!!!!

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:19PM

take responsibility Wrote:
> curious Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Did anyone else hear Elliott in the Morning
> > talking about Justin Wolfe (sitting on death
> row
> > for allegedly killing a Centreville drug
> dealer)
> > on DC101? I caught the tail end of his mom
> > talking to Elliott, but I wasn't sure exactly
> what
> > the context of the conversation was/why he was
> > featuring the story on his show. Are there new
> > updates in the case?
>
>
> ALLEGEDLY?!?!?!?!!?
>
> He's been convicted, he did it.

Didn't you hear? Now you can go to death row for allegedly murdering someone. Must have been something they changed with the Military Commissions Act in 2006 or something.

Besides, everyone on death row is innocent anyway. Just ask them!

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: January 26, 2009 11:23PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Yeah, I don't remember talking about that this
> morning, either. Maybe you were listening to a
> re-run?
>
> Come to my football party at Fur!
>
> - Elliot

Was it your turn to do the show this morning, or mine?

We really need to work on keeping our elliott schedule better. It's hard enough remembering which one of us is elliott here on FU, let alone doing the show. That's why they had to run a tape from an old show this morning. None of us remembered to show up to do a live broadcast.

Date: January 26, 2009 11:58PM

Honestly, I thought it was Meeper's turn.

Or is he a Canadian terrorist?

I move that someone who's not me draft up a spreadsheet so we can keep track of who's Elliot, and who's a jihadin' canuck.

Posted by: gorilla munch ()
Date: January 28, 2009 09:47PM

Ay, didn't someone have a link for a podcast of this radio show? i swear i saw it here, now it's gone.

Posted by: comminwealth ()
Date: February 17, 2009 11:12PM

I went to school with both of these kids (Owen and Justin).....
Justins a punk
Owens a punk...........wannabe thugs living in centreville/chantilly area....

I hope Justin gets what he deserves........
I knew Danny pretty well. Even tho he was into all that shit...he was still a nice kid....Danny didnt beef with anyone.

Posted by: ok ()
Date: February 18, 2009 10:33PM

Well commin you obviously weren't friends with Justin, because if you were you would know that he would never have murder in his heart. He wasn't like that. Owen was psychotic and I will always believe he did what he did to rise quicker to the top. You are right, he was a punk. And yes, Justin was a punk too for dealing what he did. However I dont think he deserves to die for something he didn't scheme up. I just dont think he would ever do something like that, and ruin something so good that he had going on. He wasn't that dumb, Owen was.

Posted by: n ()
Date: February 24, 2009 03:25PM

hes innocent thats my boy owens a snitch free justin, he may of knew what owen was doing but I dont think he knew owen would shoot him I think they where going to robb him and it went wrong. And by the way westfield wasnt built yet justin sold to chantilly. I rolled wit them for years I held down fairfax threw them.

Date: February 24, 2009 03:51PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 04:00PM by inkahootz.

s
Date: February 24, 2009 03:59PM

s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2010 12:02AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: FrankWhite23 ()
Date: March 04, 2009 12:54PM

Come on now...Justin owed kid mad doe but always did week in and week out thats how the front game works. He's in for 80k one week pays it off and takes he's 10k profit home. Danny was his boy and the one wit the connect so why kill the goldmine? Suburban drug dealers are all about the $$$ they ain't trying to kill to get to the top. The dude Owen is a straight up wack job I kicked it wit him a couple of times he is crazy and he was the only jealous one he went to rob the kid and got scared and started blasting. Justin had nothing to do with pulling the trigger and ended on death row cause he had a terrible lawyer.

Posted by: Mingus ()
Date: March 04, 2009 07:07PM

Your right Frank. Check out this month's Washingtonian magazine for background on the case. Wolfe was sent to death row based on the testimony of Barber, the actual killer! The rest is speculation.

Posted by: Friend ()
Date: March 18, 2009 03:47PM

Justin was a really good friend of mine, and never would i have imagined him to end up where he is now! i read the affadative that owen wrote and it clearly states Justin had nothing to do with Dannys murder. This is all some twisted crazy mess! Justin needs to be free..he did enough time for something that he didnt do, besides the part of him selling drugs, which i think is time served for!

this is all some bullshit..FREE JUSTIN!!!

Posted by: you kids are nuts ()
Date: March 19, 2009 02:20AM

Justin provided the weapon & hired the killer.Fairfax county police did a wonderful job investigating the case, and it wasn't just the testimoney of the actual gunman that put JUSTIN where he is today. There were wiretaps. Grow up, the bastard deserves the needle. His mommy likes to whine about her brat, but she should have been a better parent. He will probably be executed within the next 18 months. I CAN HARDLY WAIT.

Posted by: watchinyou ()
Date: March 19, 2009 08:02AM

you kids are nuts Wrote:
> Justin provided the weapon & hired the
> killer.Fairfax county police did a wonderful job
> investigating the case, and it wasn't just the
> testimoney of the actual gunman that put JUSTIN
> where he is today. There were wiretaps. Grow up,
> the bastard deserves the needle. His mommy likes
> to whine about her brat, but she should have been
> a better parent. He will probably be executed
> within the next 18 months. I CAN HARDLY WAIT.

What is the date? His website is a joke, just another punk who thought he could play ganster and walk away when things went wrong...

Posted by: looselipssinkships ()
Date: March 23, 2009 09:23PM

Justin's Mom is a super person, and not the first parent to indulge in denial that their kid is doing/selling drugs.
If you need to blame someone for how Justin turned out, look at his Dad - what a boozer/loser/stupid race car driver(or is it stock car driver). God I hope he's not dead, then I'll feel bad for saying this.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: April 25, 2009 10:52PM

Is Justin Dead yet?

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: April 25, 2009 11:37PM

Check with Virginia Department of Corrections.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: April 26, 2009 12:19AM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> Check with Virginia Department of Corrections.

OK. Looks like they the defense is still exhausting all options.
After watching the 48 hours "millionaire boys club" show and
the evidence, it does appear Justin Wolfe is very guilty.

All the players involved were shady characters but when
you factor in everything and alalyze it the evidence is very
much against Justin being innocent.

I'm sure Justin and all his "friends" weren't fully aware
of the implications of their actions. They were uppermiddle
class rich and sheltered from the real realities of life.
They thought dealing drugs and making $$$ living it up was
all just GREAT. That is until someone dies.
I'm sure Justin thought he wasn't really killing Danny by having
Owen murder him. He thought wrong and is now getting
what he deserves.
The hell Justin has put his mother through in this is tragic
but then again don't tell me she didn't have any idea what
was happening. These parents turned a blind eye. Where
did they think these kids were getting money to live it up?

I hope they enjoyed it while it lasted.

All of these kids who grew up in NO VA and were part of
the whole drug/partying scene knew what was up.
They all thought they were too smart and protected to
ever get caught or suffer any real consequences for their
actions.

The death penalty may be a bit harsh but it sends a strong
signal to others. If you can't face the punishment, don't
do the crime!

The entire 48 hours show on this case is on youtube for
anyone who wants to watch it. Just search for Justin Wolfe.

Posted by: counting the days ()
Date: April 29, 2009 11:20AM

I can hardly wait till they give the little bastard the needle. I wish I could watch and laugh my ass off while they kill that little fucker.

Posted by: Agreed ()
Date: April 30, 2009 09:54PM

counting the days Wrote:
> I can hardly wait till they give the little
> bastard the needle. I wish I could watch and laugh
> my ass off while they kill that little fucker.
I'm with you, quit letting this pos waste tax payers dollars. Nuke the fucker and his friend Owen and maybe his Mom will shut the fuck up.

Posted by: Is it him?? ()
Date: April 30, 2009 11:00PM

Did justin go to St tims in chantilly for grammar school? I couldve sworn someone who went there was on death row for murder for hire.

Posted by: giggles ()
Date: April 30, 2009 11:09PM

Petrole was a nigger and had what was coming from him.

Posted by: N*** What ()
Date: May 01, 2009 10:41AM

giggles Wrote:
> Petrole was a nigger and had what was coming from
> him.

And Justin Wolfe wasn't. Are you one of the whitey gang banger cling-ons? Grow up fuckface.

Posted by: law and order guy ()
Date: May 01, 2009 10:49AM

I tend to be pretty conservative on law and order issues.

But from reading a record on this case there is some doubt as to the degree of Wolfe's involvement in the murder. Note I am not maintaining a claim of innocence.
But given this doubt, I do have concerns about levying the death penalty here. This is exactly the kind of case that fuels anti-death penalty advocates, especially given the performance of Wolfe's counsel at trial.

Ironically, if his sentence was commuted to life, his life may be more miserable than it is currently is. He would be another lifer in the general population (not an easy thing for someone of his station), and attention on him would wither away.
Some formerly on Texas death row have lamented the commutation of their sentences.

Commutation to life may be the best answer here.

Posted by: Oregon Dude ()
Date: May 19, 2009 09:27PM

All i know is he shouldn't be on death row, and they were paying way to much for there weed, god damn..

Posted by: whathef ()
Date: May 19, 2009 10:50PM

Have you seen the signed affidavits from Owen Barber and his first cell mate? You can read them on www.JustinWolfe.com and they say very clearly that Justin had nothing to do with the murder. Owen needed a reason to avoid the death penalty, a plot that may have been suggested by the prosecution. And it got him only 30 some odd years... That is scary! Commit a murder and just say someone paid you.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 20, 2009 07:52AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:11PM by WingNut.

Date: May 20, 2009 07:59AM

curious Wrote:
> Did anyone else hear Elliott in the Morning
> talking about Justin Wolfe (sitting on death row
> for allegedly killing a Centreville drug dealer)
> on DC101? I caught the tail end of his mom
> talking to Elliott, but I wasn't sure exactly what
> the context of the conversation was/why he was
> featuring the story on his show. Are there new
> updates in the case?

I can't fathom how this guy is innocent. This is obviously a mom who is living in denial about the monster her son became. I remember following this when it unfolded in the early 2000s and I read the most recent articles detailing this asshole's actions. He was big time drug pusher who was packing heat and using death threats to intimidate people. Best case scenario, if he didn't pull the trigger himself, he created the scenario where this kid ended up dead. That's conspiracy to commit murder and is also subject to the death penalty.

That said, I don't believe in the death penalty for the reasons WingNut states. The idea that innocent people can end up being executed because they don't have enough money to properly defend themselves is absurd. How many more instances do we have to see of guys who have been on death row for 10 or 20 years being found innocent through DNA evidence to realize our Judicial System isn't up to this task? Life in prison is the best option.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: May 20, 2009 08:27AM

I don't care if he' innocent or not of the murder... he was selling weed for way too much, gouging people really, and for that he needs to be put to death. The execution on Justin Wolfe needs to proceed as quickly as possible to deter other dealers from this behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 08:27AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: DaleCity Lady ()
Date: June 04, 2009 12:38PM

Reston Peace you have issues and I will pray for you. Because what i'm getting from your special message is if he would have sold it for cheaper he shouldn't get the death penalty. I hope you were joking which if that's what you are doing please get a life. This man's life is a stake. I pray that some judge will realize by taking Justin's life it doesn't make things right, it just causes another family to hurt and they are doing the same thing that the guy who pulled the trigger did. Justin didn't pull the trigger. I thought prison was for rehabilitation not for murder. Prince William Judges are so press to give people the max to make them feel better or make an example, but what they fail to realize is that it could have been their child or grandkid. Now these kids get into trouble they give them bogus lawyers who don't care or just starting out and then they give them life to 20+ years. what happen to helping people or rehabilating people especially when it's there first offense.

Date: June 04, 2009 12:51PM

Dalecity Lady, you have zero ability to use proper sentence or paragraph structure and I will pray for you. Because what I'm getting from your special message is that you have a lot to say, and a big mouth, but not a lot of brains or eloquence. The sanctity of the English language is at stake. I pray some judge will just randomly take your life, knowing that your family will not be hurt because they don't love you or want you.

Date: June 04, 2009 12:56PM

Anyway, enough of that dumb hag. Anyone know how I can get tickets to the execution?

In all seriousness, I would like to go to his last appeal hearing and razz him. He deserves to die for what he did with those prices. I could give a fuck who he did or did not kill (although he clearly was involved in killing someone)

Posted by: H DiZZ ()
Date: June 04, 2009 05:23PM

Reston --

Just how overpriced are we talking? I mean I've seen some pretty over-priced schwag in my day. Any examples?

H.D

Date: June 04, 2009 05:53PM

80 bucks an eighth? He needs to die.

Posted by: § ()
Date: June 04, 2009 06:18PM

OWEN!

Attachments:
OwenMomma.JPG

Posted by: R.I.P Danny ()
Date: June 05, 2009 05:14PM

Robbery gone bad..I was a good friend of Danny and he did not deserve this. Selling drugs is wrong but nobody deserves to lose their life over it. I don't think Justin hired Owen to kill Danny. Robbery for hire??? If that's true then he still deserves what he gets.

RIP Daniel Robert Petrole!!

Posted by: dont fear the reaper ()
Date: June 05, 2009 05:50PM

Let god sort them out

Posted by: § ()
Date: June 05, 2009 06:09PM

I've got it covered. Thx.

Attachments:
Jesuslaughing.jpg

Posted by: seems pretty straightforward ()
Date: June 05, 2009 11:47PM

pretty interesting. I just watched the 48 Hours special, and it just seems really hard to defend Justin on this.

What was Owen's personal motivation? He had little to gain from robbery and nothing to gain from murder. The cell phone records of all the calls to Justin speak volumes that Justin was behind whatever Owen was planning to do. Without Justin backing him, it's hard to see that Owen would have a motive, even as crazy as he may be.

Besides, if Owen was just randomly calling Justin, and then called him after the murder, he would no doubt confess and be freaked out. Justin would have something to say in court about that, but it appears he said nothing.

Sorry to all the Justin supporters, but it really appears the jury got it right. You have a suburban kid playing big time drug-dealer (Danny), an idiot in the middle of it all (Owen), and a kid who aspired for more and got greedy (Justin). it really does seem that straightforward...

Sorry for his family, but seems like he's getting what he deserved.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 07, 2009 10:23AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:09PM by WingNut.

Posted by: I'm Mr. Right and you're Mr. Wrong so STFU ()
Date: September 19, 2009 02:02AM

seems pretty straightforward Wrote:
> pretty interesting. I just watched the 48 Hours
> special, and it just seems really hard to defend
> Justin on this.

STFU! Oh sorry, you're so well-versed in this case now that you watched a lil tv show about it. Take a look at VA precedents regarding ALL rules/law that would apply to the facts of the case and THEN say it seems really hard to defend him. The fact is, it would have been hard to prosecute him as well ... the prosecutor made it look easy to prove his guilt... see, that's the key: quality lawyer (this pros is renowned and was out to kill)!

Justin's attorney was DISBARRED shortly after the first trial ... attorney quality matters more than you can imagine. Justin and company didn't realize this truth when it mattered most ... unfortunately for him ... he was referred to this attorney by his stripper girlfriend who met the dude at a strip club. His associate for the case quit the whole law profession because of this case.

>
> What was Owen's personal motivation? He had little
> to gain from robbery and nothing to gain from
> murder. The cell phone records of all the calls to
> Justin speak volumes that Justin was behind
> whatever Owen was planning to do. Without Justin
> backing him, it's hard to see that Owen would have
> a motive, even as crazy as he may be.

Cell phone my ass. If you knew Owen, you'd know he was crazy, unpredictable and somewhat sinister. Tried to rob me once for NO reason. And he shot a gun at my bro's house one night ... bullet went through dude's baby sis's window.

>
> Besides, if Owen was just randomly calling Justin,
> and then called him after the murder, he would no
> doubt confess and be freaked out. Justin would
> have something to say in court about that, but it
> appears he said nothing.

WTF do you know about the subjective mental state of a killer ... of Mr. Barber? Huh?

> Sorry to all the Justin supporters, but it really
> appears the jury got it right. You have a suburban
> kid playing big time drug-dealer (Danny), an idiot
> in the middle of it all (Owen), and a kid who
> aspired for more and got greedy (Justin). it
> really does seem that straightforward...
>
> Sorry for his family, but seems like he's getting
> what he deserved.

Straightforward my ass. What the fuck do you KNOW? (Emphasis on the word "know")

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: September 19, 2009 02:37AM

I'm Mr. Right and you're Mr. Wrong so STFU Wrote:

I haven't followed this thread, but I do know that any asshole who uses the "Your Name:" part of the comment form to argue his point, and refuses to register is probably just a troll who wants to spew shit on people and then move on.

So mister "I'm Mr. Right and you're Mr. Wrong so STFU",

I'm Mister Registered, and You're Mister Anon Troll, so STFU.

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP. Or register.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Posted by: Your Name ()
Date: September 19, 2009 02:54AM

Why don't you respond to the angry response of "I'm Mr. Right and your Mr. Wrong so STFU"?

It looks like he just let his emotions get the best of him. Hey Mr. Right, argue your points without slandering/using troll language next time. K? Thanks.

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: September 19, 2009 03:14AM

Your Name Wrote:
> Why don't you respond to the angry response of
> "I'm Mr. Right and your Mr. Wrong so STFU"?
>
> It looks like he just let his emotions get the
> best of him. Hey Mr. Right, argue your points
> without slandering/using troll language next time.
> K? Thanks.

Wow, thank you anon troll for repeating what I wrote. kthxbai!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Posted by: Anony ()
Date: September 19, 2009 01:05PM

Thurston Moore Wrote:

>
> I'm Mister Registered, and You're Mister Anon
> Troll, so STFU.
>
> SO SHUT THE FUCK UP. Or register.

Hey, a man who had his whole life ahead of him was sentenced to death without it being proven BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that he initiated the murder. And the guy I was responding to (anon named "pretty straightforward)came to the conclusion "that he deserves it" after watching a tv clip on the case, taking all the "facts" he saw on the show for granted.

This was not a fair trial. Wolfe had a renowned prosecutor working against him. Hell, he even had the foreman of the jury against him (during the trial the guy blew up a pic of his own son, placed it next to Petrole's pic, turned to his fellow jury members saying "this could've been your son or mine"). The jury members referred to Justin's defense lawyer as Mr. Potato Head.

Here's some reading material that may or may not warrant reasonable doubt. You be the judge. I just want some balance here. There has just been too much speculation based on journalists' stories:

From Wolfe v. Johnson. 565 F.3D 140 (4th Cir. 2009)

Several weeks after filing the Initial Petition, Wolfe's lawyers secured the
Barber Affidavit, which was executed on December 14, 2005.FN11 The following day,
Wolfe filed an amended petition for s 2254 relief (the "Amended Petition"),FN12
along with an appendix of supporting materials (the "Appendix"). In addition to
the Barber Affidavit, the Appendix included affidavits executed by Carl Huff and
Jason Coleman, two men who had previously lived with Barber, which corroborated
the Barber Affidavit. The Appendix also included affidavits from three other
prosecution witnesses in the trial, who stated that their police interviews had
been tape recorded, and the affidavit of Wolfe's investigator, Bob Lessemun, who
asserted that the authorities possessed such recordings.

FN11. The Barber Affidavit is found at J.A. 2943-55.

FN12. The Amended Petition is found at J.A. 2829-915.

a.

In the Barber Affidavit, Owen Barber confessed to testifying falsely at Wolfe's
trial and admitted that Wolfe was not involved in Petrole's murder. FN13 Barber
specifically stated that "Justin had nothing to do with the killing of ...
Petrole," and that he (Barber) "lied and implicated Justin because [he] felt that
[he] had no other choice." Barber Affidavit PP 5, 7. "The prosecution and my own
defense attorney," Barber maintained, "placed me in a position in which I felt
that I had to choose between falsely testifying against Justin or dying." Id. P

FN13. The Barber Affidavit contains multiple handwritten corrections and
notations, apparently made by Barber prior to executing it.

In his affidavit, Barber swore to facts that directly contradicted his trial
testimony. Barber asserted in his affidavit that, for unexplained reasons, he
had simply intended to confront Petrole, not kill him. According to Barber, he
had "collected information about Danny Petrole, such as where he lived," and
contacted Wolfe "several times in the days before the shooting to ask when [Wolfe]
would be receiving his next delivery of chronic from Danny Petrole." Barber
Affidavit PP 9, 11. "Around dusk" on March 15, 2001, Barber met Wolfe at a local
restaurant and again inquired into Wolfe's next planned meeting with Petrole,
expressing his desire to purchase chronic from Petrole. Wolfe responded that he
would likely see Petrole that night. Following that meeting, Barber and J.R.
Martin returned to Barber's apartment where, later that evening, Wolfe called to
say that Petrole would be delivering drugs to Regina Zuener's apartment.

Barber swore in his affidavit that Martin thereafter drove him to Zuener's
apartment, where they waited together for Petrole in Martin's Escort at the end of
a cul-de-sac. From there, they followed Petrole from Zuener's apartment "to
Fairfax and then to his own house." Barber Affidavit P 19. Step-by-step, the
Barber Affidavit recounts how Barber, wearing "a hooded sweatshirt with a kangaroo
pocket in the front," gloves, and a baseball cap, exited Martin's car and
approached Petrole by *152 foot as Petrole parked his car. Id. PP 22, 23. As
Barber walked up to Petrole's vehicle, he saw Petrole reach for the passenger side
and believed that Petrole was reaching for the glove compartment to get a weapon.
Panicking, Barber "pulled [his] gun out of [his] pocket and shot Danny Petrole."
Id. P 27. Barber "continued to panic and fired the rest of the bullets." Id.
Barber then ran to the Escort, and with Martin driving, they sped away.

After returning home, Barber cleaned up the Escort and changed clothes. Shortly
thereafter, he and Martin met with Wolfe at the nightclub, where they "drank and
toasted the way that [they] always did." Barber Affidavit P 34. "There was
nothing unusual," Barber maintained, "about the toasts we made that night." Id.
Nor did Barber recall telling Martin to leave them (Barber and Wolfe) alone.
Barber swore in his affidavit that, in his trial testimony, he had "fabricated the
content of many of the calls" with Wolfe on the night of Petrole's murder. Id. P
36. He said that he "frequently called Justin five or six times daily," that the
frequency of their calls that night was not out of the ordinary, and that the
phone calls "had nothing to do with the shooting of Danny Petrole." Id. PP 35,

The Barber Affidavit also detailed Barber's conversations with the authorities
following his arrest. The affidavit reflects that, on the flight back to
Virginia from California, the officers accompanying Barber "told [him] they
already knew that Justin had hired [him] to kill Danny Petrole and that one of
[them] would end up telling the story and the other one would end up with capital
murder." Barber Affidavit P 47. Barber insisted that the officers first raised
the murder-for-hire story, and that they made similar statements to Barber the
next day when he was being held in the Prince William County Jail. And, when
Barber met with his court-appointed attorney, the lawyer mentioned that, if he
testified against Wolfe, Barber would be spared his life. Over several days,
police officers and Barber's attorney "kept trying to get [Barber] to provide them
with proof of an agreement or a deal between [Wolfe and Barber] for murder. It
was like they were beating a drum." Id. P 52. Barber stated that, in exchange
for his testimony against Wolfe, he was told that Jennifer Pascquirello would not
be charged.

Ultimately, Barber recounted, he "agreed to testify against Justin because [he]
did not want to face the death penalty," he was upset with Wolfe for "let [ting]
him down" by not giving him money when he wanted to flee after the Petrole murder,
and he wanted to help Pascquirello. Barber Affidavit PP 55, 56. Barber
acknowledged in the affidavit that he "knew that they wanted to hear that I had
been hired by Justin to kill Danny Petrole, so I made up a story based in part on
the true events of that night, but with lies woven in to turn the story into a
murder for hire." Id. P 59. Barber also expressed concern to the prosecutors
that his plea and testimony deal was being made orally, and was not in writing.

The Barber Affidavit also alleged that Martin had fabricated his trial testimony
against Wolfe. Indeed, Barber maintained that prosecutors had conducted a joint
preparation session with Barber and Martin-prior to their trial testimony-and
Barber swore that he altered his trial testimony to conform his version of the
evidence against Wolfe to that of Martin.FN14 *153 Barber explained that, during
this preparation session, he "told the false story [he] had told the police and
J.R. Martin would correct points with which he disagreed," and that they "changed
details until the stories were consistent.... Essentially, [they] both told lies
until [they] had put together the story that prosecutors wanted to hear." Barber
Affidavit PP 67, 68. Ultimately, Barber swore, "At Justin's trial, I told the
story that J.R. Martin and I had agreed upon in the meeting with prosecutors."

The Barber Affidavit was not the only time that Barber had described a
joint preparation session with prosecutors. Prior to the December 14, 2005
Barber Affidavit, Barber executed an affidavit on October 28, 2005,
detailing similar discussions with the police and prosecutors.

Barber's affidavit then explained his motivation for recanting his trial
testimony. "At the time of my arrest and the trial," he explained, "I figured
that I would do anything to avoid the death penalty and to try to get myself out
of the situation I had got myself into. I would tell prosecutors and the police
what they wanted to hear." Barber Affidavit P 70. Barber concluded by
asserting that "Justin does not deserve to die for something he did not do," and
that he "fe[lt] bad about the fact that an innocent man is on death row."

b.

Wolfe's lawyers also secured supporting affidavits from the two men who had
previously resided with Barber, and included those affidavits in the Appendix
filed with the Amended Petition. The first such affidavit was executed by Carl
Huff, a former cellmate of Barber at Wallens Ridge State Prison (the "Huff
Affidavit").FN15 The Huff Affidavit, like the Barber Affidavit, was executed on
December 14, 2005. Huff swore in his affidavit that, in 2003-two years before
the Barber Affidavit-Barber had admitted to Huff that he had killed Petrole for
personal reasons and that he (Barber) had testified falsely against Wolfe at
trial. Huff stated that, "[o]ver three or four months" while they were
incarcerated together, Barber told Huff how "Wolfe was in no way involved in the
shooting of Petrole." Huff Affidavit PP 5, 14. Huff detailed the events
surrounding the Petrole murder and, despite Huff's having been separated from
Barber during the year prior to its execution, the Huff Affidavit is consistent
with the Barber Affidavit. And, according to Huff, he executed his affidavit
despite his belief that doing so could hurt his chances for parole.

Notably, Barber stated
in his affidavit,

Some years ago, I told my friend and ex-cellmate, Carl Huff, about Danny
Petrole's death and recently he shared the story with Justin's counsel.
I am not upset with him for doing that. In fact, I have felt like my
hands were tied so that I could not tell the true story about Justin, yet
I wanted the story told.

The other additional affidavit was executed by Jason Coleman on November 3, 2005
(the "Coleman Affidavit").FN16 Although substantially shorter in length, the
Coleman Affidavit corroborates the Barber and Huff Affidavits. Coleman swore
that he "told prosecutors that Owen Barber had confessed to [him] that [Barber]
acted alone in the murder of Danny Petrole." Coleman Affidavit P 5. Coleman also
stated that he had been interviewed by the police on a number of occasions with
respect to Wolfe's case, that he had made these same statements to the police
earlier, and that he believed those conversations had been recorded.FN17

No police recordings of witness interviews have ever been disclosed to
Wolfe's defense attorneys, either in conjunction with his trial or in the
post-conviction proceedings. Indeed, the Commonwealth does not acknowledge
that such recordings exist.

Posted by: marcus ()
Date: September 19, 2009 07:05PM

um...i be the first to say he was NOT guilty...BUT, he could NOT explain all the phone calls between him and Owen. that was the turning point for me. why all the calls? Sorry...

Posted by: #2 ()
Date: September 19, 2009 07:49PM

I second that he was/is NOT guilty....it's all BS.

The phone calls were completely normal. I haven't seen anywhere that they did an analysis of the records going back say, 3-4 years. If they did, they would see that those two (Justin & Owen) were like women. They talked all day every day, they were always on the phone. Nothing abnormal that Owen called Justin before and after, that dude was a b*tch. He was stuck up Justin's a** all the time...he wanted to be him so bad it seemed.

And to the person who said Owen was crazy - I agree. I liked him early on (Freshman year) but not so much later on - I don't even think he went to school senior year that much. He had a weird side to him - there is not a doubt in my mind he was psycho. His Mom's passing really F-ed him up I think - he went nuts.

I'll keep praying for Justin's justice.

Posted by: Yogi ()
Date: September 19, 2009 07:52PM

Anony Wrote:
> From Wolfe v. Johnson. 565 F.3D 140 (4th Cir. 2009)...

Summary of the court's holding:

The Fourth Circuit has vacated the
denial of habeas relief to a death row
inmate, finding that the district court
abused its discretion and committed an
error of law by failing to assess the
inmate’s actual innocence claim, based
on a recantation by the prosecution’s key
witness, and by failing to determine
whether it was more likely than not that
no reasonable juror would have convicted
the inmate of capital murder in light of the
new evidence. The Fourth Circuit also
found that the district court failed to make
the requisite fact-based threshold
determinations in denying the inmate’s
request for an evidentiary hearing on his
Brady claims and his claim that the
prosecution used false evidence at his
trial.
http://www.md-fd.org/Newsletter/August.09.pdf (p. 16)

It's pretty rare for an appellate court to overturn a jury verdict, perhaps especially in the conservative-minded Fourth Circuit.

While the resolution of this case is still uncertain, it now seems unlikely he will face the DP.

Posted by: CarolinaGirl19 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 06:49AM

Dear "seems pretty straightforward":

Let me just be straight forward with you- Cases like this one, or at least cases that occur as a consequence of being part of the drug game are never exactly what they may appear to be. If one plays by the rules of the "game," they lie, blame someone else, or just keep their mouth shut. It's just how it is. My college sweetheart of seven years was also involved in drug distribution throughout several counties in NOVA. He knew Danny very well, and I'm not sure how well he knew the rest of that group-but well enough to get to know Owen, and realize quickly that he is just a complete whack job. My ex's father, who is now deceased, worked with Danny's dad- high up in the government-and he emphasizes all the time that he and Danny got the connects and "street smarts" from the people their fathers knew. Owen had no motive to kill Danny-at least not a logical one. Owen wanted to start selling high-grade bud, and his only connect for that was through Justin. Owen sold crappy stuff. Danny was Justin's connect, and I'm positive that Justin did not know much at all about Danny's connect-not specifically-Danny knew some people that were high, high up in the chain. So if Justin wanted to keep raking in over ten grand a month, why would he pay some psycho to kill his source of income. $70,000 is not a huge deal on an owe sheet... Yes,Justin received a billion calls a day from Owen-that was never uncommon. Have you ever been told that there were other incoming and outgoing calls to and from Owen's cell before and after the killing occurred? -AND THEY WERE FROM A FEW PEOPLE OTHER THAN JUSTIN!!!! Justin did not know that Barber was going to kill Danny-maybe try and rob him-but I seriously doubt that, too. Justin is innocent. He is guilty of dealing drugs, and that's about it. He's served enough time already for that. J.R. Martin was the only one who could have known Owen's full intentions- he was in the car with Owen when Danny was shot. He never saw any consequence from that night. Owen's roomate, Jason, sold him a stolen gun with the serial number filed down, and it was used to commit a felony?? The state never even put him on the witness stand. Also, they lied to Owen-there are only a few elements w/ VA law that can be punishable by death-he never met the criteria. So, if you did not hire someone to murder your drug dealer, knew nothing about it, you do not deserve to die-not even negotiable. Judge Whisenant is the most crooked SOB-I know people he's let go scott free for things, b/c all the people working for the state are covering up a hell of a lot. open your mind!

Date: September 22, 2009 08:45AM

My dear, let me tell you about a little thing called a "paragraph..."

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Paragraher ()
Date: September 23, 2009 01:25PM

CarolinaGirl19 Wrote:
> Dear "seems pretty straightforward":
>
> Let me just be straight forward with you- Cases
> like this one, or at least cases that occur as a
> consequence of being part of the drug game are
> never exactly what they may appear to be. If one
> plays by the rules of the "game," they lie, blame
> someone else, or just keep their mouth shut. It's
> just how it is.

My college sweetheart of seven
> years was also involved in drug distribution
> throughout several counties in NOVA. He knew Danny
> very well, and I'm not sure how well he knew the
> rest of that group-but well enough to get to know
> Owen, and realize quickly that he is just a
> complete whack job. My ex's father, who is now
> deceased, worked with Danny's dad- high up in the
> government-and he emphasizes all the time that he
> and Danny got the connects and "street smarts"
> from the people their fathers knew.

Owen had no
> motive to kill Danny-at least not a logical one.
> Owen wanted to start selling high-grade bud, and
> his only connect for that was through Justin. Owen
> sold crappy stuff. Danny was Justin's connect, and
> I'm positive that Justin did not know much at all
> about Danny's connect-not specifically-Danny knew
> some people that were high, high up in the chain.
> So if Justin wanted to keep raking in over ten
> grand a month, why would he pay some psycho to
> kill his source of income. $70,000 is not a huge
> deal on an owe sheet...

Yes,Justin received a
> billion calls a day from Owen-that was never
> uncommon. Have you ever been told that there were
> other incoming and outgoing calls to and from
> Owen's cell before and after the killing occurred?
> -AND THEY WERE FROM A FEW PEOPLE OTHER THAN
> JUSTIN!!!! Justin did not know that Barber was
> going to kill Danny-maybe try and rob him-but I
> seriously doubt that, too.

Justin is innocent. He
> is guilty of dealing drugs, and that's about it.
> He's served enough time already for that. J.R.
> Martin was the only one who could have known
> Owen's full intentions- he was in the car with
> Owen when Danny was shot. He never saw any
> consequence from that night.

Owen's roomate,
> Jason, sold him a stolen gun with the serial
> number filed down, and it was used to commit a
> felony?? The state never even put him on the
> witness stand. Also, they lied to Owen-there are
> only a few elements w/ VA law that can be
> punishable by death-he never met the criteria. So,
> if you did not hire someone to murder your drug
> dealer, knew nothing about it, you do not deserve
> to die-not even negotiable.

Judge Whisenant is the
> most crooked SOB-I know people he's let go scott
> free for things, b/c all the people working for
> the state are covering up a hell of a lot. open
> your mind!

Posted by: The One ()
Date: September 23, 2009 02:45PM

Carolina Girl.... You know nothing! I was good friends with Dannys connect and was there for most dealings between them. They were not friends with Dannys Parents. WTF are you stupid. Why would good law abiding Secret Service people be doing with west coast farmers??? You have no clue as to what your talking about. PLUS Justin has paid to have every Connect he has ever had robbed. I have seen it done and been there to see it set up. Justin probably did not pay to have Danny killed but 100% to be robbed. Terrible tragedy but this happens when large money is involved.

Posted by: Wolfe Watcher ()
Date: September 24, 2009 12:11PM

Assuming Justin was loaded, where is the $$$ now? Foreign bank account or seized by the feds? You know it wasn't spent on that shwag lawyer he started off with. And the ACLU is taking up the case now, right?

Posted by: Dr. Satan ()
Date: September 24, 2009 12:40PM

They haven't fried this fat little basterd yet?

Posted by: fry him anyway ()
Date: September 24, 2009 03:11PM

Wolfe Watcher Wrote:
> Assuming Justin was loaded, where is the $$$ now?
> Foreign bank account or seized by the feds? You
> know it wasn't spent on that shwag lawyer he
> started off with. And the ACLU is taking up the
> case now, right?

first of all he was far from loaded. these kids had money but not retire when you're 20 money. and anything that you have gained from criminal actions is then taken by the government so there goes any money that he actually did have.

Posted by: fliggleflaggle ()
Date: November 09, 2009 11:30AM

obviously he did't beef with anyone. he just got killed for nothing. he had nothing to do with the drugs being sold or the money being gained. he was just an innocent bystander. i went to school with justin and owen, and have met danny. they are all "punks" as you say. i don't think they should have killed danny, but i do think that he was no where near as innocent as you make him seem.

Date: November 09, 2009 11:57AM

http://www.vadoc.state.va.us/offenders/locator/results.cfm

Offender Locator Search Results
Search Result: 1 Match Found Offender Name: Wolfe, Justin Michael
DOC Number: 1139246
Inmate Number: 309126
Race: White

« New Search
These records are updated once per day. Information is subject to change without notice. For assistance, please contact the Offender Management Unit.

Posted by: i dont get it ()
Date: November 10, 2009 01:02AM

I don't understand why you posted that? It's public knowledge - any one of us who can navigate to this site can obtain that information. You're awesome - thanks for being the official FU research assistant.

Posted by: GMU Hokee ()
Date: November 10, 2009 07:04AM

there was a rumor he had escaped

Date: November 29, 2009 04:11PM

He doesn't sound like a nice guy, but here is more on Justin Wolfe:

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/11712.html

Posted by: GoCapsGo ()
Date: December 05, 2009 03:19PM

After reading bout this case for years and seeing many specials about it and talking to a number of attorneys in PWC about this case over time, I am beginning to lean that Wolfe had told Barber to rob Danny Petrole and in the process of robbing Petrole, Barber shot and killed him because Barber did not want Petrole to react in the future and come after him.

I do think that Wolfe and Barber went after Pertore to rob him, but Barber took it one step further.

Justin did deserve to serve some time for all the drug dealing and money laundering, but for the Capital Murder charge, I think PWC sweetened the deal for Barber because Barber told them things that PWC wanted to hear. The phone calls from Barber to Wolfe before and after the murder may have been to left Wolfe know the robbery was complete, not about the actual murder.

Posted by: average Joe ()
Date: December 05, 2009 05:44PM

1 Shitbag drugdealer dead
1 shitbag drugdealer sentanced to die
1 idiot triggerman behind bars
=
A safer world for all of us.
This world is and will be better off without all of them.

Posted by: BAP1950 ()
Date: December 05, 2009 05:54PM

Jiggles,I think you meant to say that Justin DEALT to high school students. He isn't dealing anymore (you said 'DEALS") as he is in prison UNFAIRLY convicted of the murder.

Since all of this transpired, Owen Barber even admitted that he lied on the stand to get 'the deal' that was promised to him IF he testified for the prosecution. It's really terrible. He hasn't been able to get an appeal date yet, but I hear he has had a couple of execution dates, which were stayed, thankfully. Let's not be to quick to judge this kid until we know all the facts. You can search online for all the info about Owen taking back what he said in court. It's crazy! Owen even said why there were cell phone calls to each other. He has an answer for everything he lied about on the stand. It's very, very interesting and it makes perfect sense!!

Why can't this innocent kid get a new trial? It's tragic, if you ask me!

Posted by: Free Wolfe ()
Date: December 24, 2009 12:47AM

Justin has not escaped. WTF are you talking about? I just received a Christmas card and note from him today.

Owen was NUTS...literally psycho and such a freaking PUNK. He had every reason to lie and set up Justin.

I am praying that 2010 is the year that justice is finally served. Justin does not belong on DR. Granted, he did some effed up stuff and definitely deserved to serve some time...but it's been about 8 years. He's done his time.

Posted by: Honestly ()
Date: January 21, 2010 01:13PM

Mike Wrote:
> GMU Hokie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> The death penalty may be a bit harsh but it sends
> a strong
> signal to others. If you can't face the
> punishment, don't
> do the crime!

Did you see what you wrote, buddy? "A bit harsh but it sends a strong signal to others"? When the fuck is it appropriate to KILL SOMEONE to send a message.
That sounds like something criminals do.

Posted by: mr. justice ()
Date: January 27, 2010 04:23PM

Yeah, what's going on already with Wolfe. He ruined a lot of lives around here. Provide comfort to his mother, but as far as I'm concerned, he should be buried with his cell phone, because he can't talk his way around those calls.

Posted by: Superman 4 ()
Date: January 27, 2010 04:33PM

I hear Owen Barber has since explained the phone calls and said he acted alone.

Re: Justin Wolfe New developments
Date: February 11, 2010 06:47PM

Posted by: Still Human ()
Date: February 11, 2010 08:32PM

Justin would love to hear from caring individuals who care enough to share support or kind words. His address is:

Justin Wolfe #309126
Sussex 1 State Prison
24414 Musselwhite Dr.
Waverly Va. 23891-1111

Thanks again.

Posted by: Jane Doe ()
Date: February 12, 2010 12:42AM

-----

I can't get past feeling sorry for Justin's mother. I think with young people it's easy to do awful things and have so little awareness of the serious consequences until it is just too late. How many of us got that 'second chance' and escaped real trouble by the skin of our teeth? Then we grew up.

The whole story is just a big tragedy for Justin's family and for a lot of others as well. I just hope real justice is done in the end and if Justin really had no part in the death, then he will not pay for that.

To Justin's mother, remember that all things happen for a purpose. And that others out here sympathize with your devastation. We'll just keep praying for you and for Justin, that he will not have to pay for more than he bought, and that you will soon find peace in simply trusting God above.

-----

Posted by: Thom ()
Date: February 12, 2010 12:56AM

So you don't Think anybody is ever wrongfuly convicted

Posted by: FormerlyofManassas ()
Date: February 12, 2010 01:14AM

I caught part of this story on Investigation Discovery tonight, having seen it in its entirety before. It troubled me then and it troubles me now. While I'm in favor of the death penalty, I don't believe Justin belongs on death row; in fact, I'm frankly stunned that he was convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death. Justin was no choir boy, but he was convicted on the basis of what - the word of the trigger man and some cell phone records? They conclusively prove nothing; who knows what was discussed in the phone calls? Maybe Owen Barber called in panic - i.e. "I didn't mean to shoot him! Now what do I do?" In any case, it was not very substantial evidence and certainly not enough to sentence a man to death. Owen Barber has since recanted, and I see that Justin has been granted an evidentiary hearing. Good news - Justin deserves due process of law, and I don't believe he got that in his trial.

Date: February 12, 2010 08:47AM

Note the shooter's projected release date -

Offender Locator Search Results
Search Result: 1 Match Found Offender Name: Barber, IV, Owen Merton
DOC Number: 1069124
Inmate Number: 313263
Race: White
Projected Release Date: 05/23/2034

Posted by: Boopheus ()
Date: February 12, 2010 03:22PM

It's pretty clear that the last few posts on this thread have absolutely no clue what they're talking about when it comes to the law. There was and is more than enough evidence to convict JW of capital murder. Motive, testimony, phone records, corroborrating witnesses, planning, coordination.

Posted by: Jackie Wahle ()
Date: February 12, 2010 03:47PM

I am stunned that a jury took only one hour to deliberate Justin's case just because they "THINK" he did this without "more proof" and then elect the death penalty. I think they need more "real proof" instead of phone calls registered.
How about the woman in Ohio and all those phone calls before, during and after her x-boyfriends murder???? Her first go around, no jury, the judge found her guilty, the second time around, not guilty by a jury. Go figure. I watch many of these shows on TV - and find many jurors idiots. I don't think some circumstantial evidence is enough to convict and send to death row. The woman in Illinois, convicted of killing her son. Sent to prison for 60 years. She WAS innocent and finally released. The prosecuter in that case was an idiot.
Justin Wolfe does not deserve to die and I vote NOT GUILTY. Set him free......

Posted by: Boopheus ()
Date: February 12, 2010 08:40PM

Jackie Wahle, keep watching those shows. Stay as far away from courthouses as possible. "Circumstantial evidence" is often the MOST damning evidence there is. By definition, for instance, DNA evidence is circumstantial. So, bottom line, keep your opinions to 48 hours and dateline. Don't offer them up in real cases.

Posted by: Booper ()
Date: February 12, 2010 08:45PM

he did have inadequate representation though. Before you say that is not true, realize that his lawyer was disbarred 6 monthes later.

Posted by: Mr bear says ()
Date: February 13, 2010 12:20AM

Booper Wrote:
> he did have inadequate representation though.
> Before you say that is not true, realize that his
> lawyer was disbarred 6 monthes later.

NOT TRUE, actually his first attorney voluntarily surrendered his law licence. The complaints against him had zero to do with his representation of Mr. Wolfe. He is eligible to reapply for the Virginia bar and did a fine job for many clients.

Justin Wolfe was adjudicated guilty because he is guilty.

All you Fairfax County drug using & dealing punks should learn from this and get on the straight & narrow. Eat more gummy bears and smoke less pot.

Posted by: thunderridge ()
Date: February 16, 2010 01:10PM

I hope JW gets to go home for his mom's sake.

Posted by: weapon ()
Date: February 17, 2010 12:07AM

"As Barber walked up to Petrole's vehicle, he saw Petrole reach for the passenger side and believed that Petrole was reaching for the glove compartment to get a weapon".

Does anyone know if they had found any weapons in Danny's car? I wonder if there was something in the glove box that he was reaching for...?

Posted by: Robin Paz ()
Date: February 22, 2010 06:58PM

It is clear to anyone that Justin Wolfe is an Innocent Man.
What a shame that he has had to pay for Owens actions with nine years of his life and being on Death Row.
I believe that Justin will be free soon and I am Happy for him and his family.

Posted by: PAz ()
Date: February 22, 2010 07:04PM

average Joe Wrote:
> 1 Shitbag drugdealer dead
> 1 shitbag drugdealer sentanced to die
> 1 idiot triggerman behind bars
> =
> A safer world for all of us.
> This world is and will be better off without all
> of them.
You sound like a complete idiot.
I think the real shitbag is you!

Posted by: JWaZ ()
Date: February 22, 2010 07:06PM

Robin Paz Wrote:

> I believe that Justin will be free soon and I am
> Happy for him and his family.

Even if he is cleared of the murder for hire conviction he still has another minimum 15 years on drug and weapons charges in a separate case.

Posted by: Robin Paz ()
Date: March 04, 2010 10:04PM

Where did you obtain this information?

Posted by: PR ()
Date: March 05, 2010 11:03PM

Although I am a firm believer in the death penalty, something about this case does NOT sit well with me. I don't believe Owen's testimony and I think Justin at least deserves to have this case looked at again. I do believe Owen fabricated this story to cover his own ass.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: March 05, 2010 11:46PM

Robin Paz Wrote:
> It is clear to anyone that Justin Wolfe is an
> Innocent Man.
> What a shame that he has had to pay for Owens
> actions with nine years of his life and being on
> Death Row.
> I believe that Justin will be free soon and I am
> Happy for him and his family.

He was granted an evidentiary hearing and sometime within the next month a hearing date will be set (if it hasn't been set already).

The hearing does not guarantee that he will be set free. All the hearing does is allow a review of the evidence and the ability for his defense to make additional arguments.

Even if he is able to get the conviction overturned, the prosecution can press charges again, keeping him in prison. It isn't double jeopardy because overturning a conviction doesn't mean you're innocent, it just means a judge found cause to overturn the case.

Posted by: iheardthenewstoday ()
Date: March 17, 2010 02:34PM

please before jumping to conclusions look at justice4justin(dot) org really he didn't do it

Posted by: ffx city ()
Date: March 17, 2010 03:06PM

RIP Danny

Pages: 1234567AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 7

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.