HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia On-Road Emissions Program
Posted by: johnqpublic ()
Date: August 22, 2014 09:34PM

http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Programs/AirCheckVirginia/ForMotoristsVehicleOwners/OnRoadEmissionsProgramFAQ.aspx

Beyond the obvious lack of drive-by sensor precision / potential for false positives, this is a massive invasion of privacy since the State now tracks where and when you drive with these emissions sensors and cameras photographing your license plate as you drive by. Not to mention the huge cost to taxpayers for the equipment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia On-Road Emissions Program
Posted by: stopit ()
Date: August 22, 2014 11:24PM

I don’t like this one bit. I feel creeped out already just from reading the article and I’m not even on the road. There’s got to be some way to get out of THEIR eye. Can’t stand that technology brings us to this place and its “okay” with everyone. I hate it.

Posted by: nCvDj ()
Date: August 24, 2014 10:56PM

depends on your personality or if you've been poisoned. here's one way out...
Attachments:
suicide.jpg

Posted by: vphpW ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:00PM

here's a more likely approach...

Posted by: tuxjY ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:01PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: d9mkj ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:05PM

thinging of destroying a facist camera used to subjugate the public they supposedly serve?
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: LTWkm ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:07PM

do you think they went to OPTICAL wires for the phones because they were faster (they are slower) or because it is one more way citizens cannot stop run-away gov spending: one less thing citizens cannot do anything about.

and the militia and "securing" barracading of federal buildings ?

yes they are securing but they are securing a right to be gov workers working at 3x the pay and harassing citizens, is the problem

Posted by: 4c7WE ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:09PM

but there's something behidn their magic of earnign allot but being sacks of shit seeing worse economoic numbers in decades ...
Attachments:
facism-2.jpg

Posted by: xnHdE ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:12PM

do you think this "gov device that bills you and defames you legally" can be programmed to attack whites and republicans ?

i know it can.

do you think they'd do it as an institution ? what criminals attacking those not on the take ? of course not they'd hide it.

Posted by: bvpe7 ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:14PM

what your $huge millions invested in county, state, and purchasing euro technology was all sold behind your back to China, and all traffic cameras said "made in china" like manhole covers say "made in india" ?

would they have a "softeware bug" that ticked for more often than hyunai ?

i know they would

Posted by: ireallydkwhaturtalkgabt ()
Date: August 24, 2014 11:23PM

you lost me

Posted by: XKp7u ()
Date: August 26, 2014 01:53PM

i think he said: it's corruption done by political families

Posted by: NOx_polluter ()
Date: August 26, 2014 10:46PM

So vehicles after 1968 would have to report for emissions testing?

But vehicles that are 25 years and older are exempted from emissions test, and only pay $2 to no test...?

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/vehicles/#emissions.asp

Motor vehicles exempted from emissions inspections include:

Gasoline powered passenger or property carrying vehicles with a model year that is more than 25 years old before January 1 of the current calendar year.
As an example, vehicles with a model year of 1984 are exempt from emissions on or after January 1, 2009; vehicles with a model year of 1985 will be exempt from emissions on or after January 1, 2010.
Vehicles 25 years old or older qualify as antique motor vehicles but are not required to display antique license plates to qualify for the emissions exemption. Although exempt from the emissions inspection, the $2 emissions fee is required when renewing these registrations.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.