HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
2nd DUI in 5 years VASAP fairfax county
Posted by: idiot ()
Date: March 06, 2009 03:59PM

I got convicted of my second dui in 5 years in loudoun and got my asap transferred to fairfax. I'm wondering if anyone knows how if b/c it's my second i will get a longer class than the standard 10 week and if/when they drug test you. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2nd DUI in 5 years VASAP fairfax county
Posted by: urfucked ()
Date: March 06, 2009 04:33PM

You are lucky you didn't get any significant time. You will have to get the interlock breathalyzer ignition system. Enjoy that bullshit!

Posted by: IHAVE1dui ()
Date: March 06, 2009 04:33PM

The classes are only a set period of time, usually 10 weeks. Also, did you get jailtime? I have 1 and they told me that next time 1-3 months minimum or some shit.

Posted by: dono ()
Date: March 06, 2009 04:46PM

Dude that sucks but I am glad you are alive and not facing manslaughter charges!

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 06, 2009 05:30PM

urfucked Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are lucky you didn't get any significant time.
> You will have to get the interlock breathalyzer
> ignition system. Enjoy that bullshit!

+1. If you didn't get jail time, be happy with however long the class is!

Posted by: Maple St Res ()
Date: March 06, 2009 05:58PM

i am in asap right now for the 2nd time in my life, and for some reason they referred me to a seperate counselor (EVEN MORE MONEY) as well as going to ASAP again. the first charge was for pot, and it got dismissed after i complied with the first offender program. now they are just getting more and more money from me with these "counseling" treatments seperate from asap that only accepts CASH. such a rip off.

also, my charge of DUI was dropped to a reckless, so basically im getting just as much if not more then if i had been charged with the dui.

Posted by: WTF? ()
Date: March 06, 2009 06:40PM

Maple St Res Wrote:
> i am in asap right now for the 2nd time in my
> life, and for some reason they referred me to a
> seperate counselor (EVEN MORE MONEY) as well as
> going to ASAP again. the first charge was for pot,
> and it got dismissed after i complied with the
> first offender program. now they are just getting
> more and more money from me with these
> "counseling" treatments seperate from asap that
> only accepts CASH. such a rip off.
>
> also, my charge of DUI was dropped to a reckless,
> so basically im getting just as much if not more
> then if i had been charged with the dui.

Were you referred to ADS? Considering you have a previous county history w/ pot and now a dwi, it should be a given. I never ubderstood why they refer first offender pot poss. charges to ASAP. ASAP is Alcohol Safety and Awareness. They shoud be referred to Alcohol and Drug Services (ADS).

Posted by: Maple St Res ()
Date: March 06, 2009 07:57PM

yeah i know, i learned nothing about pot at all during the ASAP class and everybody else was there for a DUI.

its not ADS, its seriously just a one on one counseling session, where they make you pay straight cash session, and she decides how many sessions i need and how bad my alcohol addiction is.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 07, 2009 02:03AM

dono Wrote:
> Dude that sucks but I am glad you are alive

i think society would be better off without him.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: utfcuycff ()
Date: March 09, 2009 09:32PM

asap is a for proffit business.they will never let you out of it as long as they can make money off you.i think two weeks is all you need because you have already been to the class and you know everything .

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 11, 2009 09:46AM

you mean that ADS is a for-profit business? ASAP is the name of the class.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 11, 2009 02:44PM

Why don't you kill yourself before you get drunk and drive a third time and kill someone's kid?

If intentional suicide is not for you, at least get drunk and kill yourself in a hilarious manner so we can swap insults with your friends and family when they get on here trying to tell us what an angel you were.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: dooey advice ()
Date: March 12, 2009 12:26AM

I just got my 2nd DUI within 5 years, but I got the charge dropped to a 1st offense. 5 days served, ASAP, and 6 months suspended license, after which I can get a restricted with no interlock.
ASAP will still be 10 weeks. But they will probably raise the amount of AA meetings you're required to attend. Also, someone told me they can do alcohol tests which can detect any alcohol in your system for the past 80 hours?! Sounds off to me, but who knows. So I would try to actually lay off the drinking for a while, not just the night before ASAP classes like most people do. It's not that hard unless you have an actual alcohol addiction, in which getting the required 'help' may actually be beneficial, but seriously just lay off the drinking! It's not worth it.
Also, this may sound obvious, but don't drive, period, until you get your license back. It'll always be that quick run to the store when you accidently forget to put your turn signal on or something that'll get you pulled over...and fucked. Stuck in jail for your entire sentence that was previously suspended.
In most cases, it was the "I don't want to pay for a cab, I'm good to drive" mentality that gets people (myself included) DUI's. In hindsight ofcourse, that $30 cab ride would have saved me a few thousand dollars, all the anxiety and trouble, an awful notch on my record, and not putting my life or some innocent person's life at risk. And I 'only' had 2 drinks.
Good luck though!

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: March 12, 2009 07:42AM

Second in 5 years? Are you stupid or just retarded? It isn't complicated. If you plan on drinking, don't drive there, get a ride from someone. If you do drive there and have a drink or two, wait at least an hour per drink after you've finished them before leaving.

If you want to go out and get drunk, don't fucking drive at all.

Posted by: DirtMcGirt ()
Date: March 12, 2009 11:42AM

Here's an idea, call a cab.

Posted by: Slammer ()
Date: March 17, 2009 10:26PM

Dude, ASAP should have sent you to ADS by now. ADS is not for profit, it is part of the county. Trust me, they don't make much money off of you. If you don't have a job it's only 2 bucks a group. Expect a few months 4-5 of ADS.

Posted by: Stan ()
Date: July 19, 2009 12:11PM

DUI laws are soley for profit. If they were for prevention everything would notcost asmuch. Good luck man and to the jerks, yes DUI is easy avoidable but it happe a do be such an asshole about it. Most people get pulled over for so ething stupid and are fine to drive but over the .08 and if you do research .08 most people are not impaired at this level, the technology for finding BAC is flawed. Yes it is sad though when loved ones die but there has to be a better way for everyone

Posted by: Dick Hurts ()
Date: July 19, 2009 01:16PM

After the second DUI it's time to start drinking at home!

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 19, 2009 01:30PM

Not to come riding in on some holier than thou high horse, but is it really THAT hard not to drive when you've been drinking? If it is, then I deserve some sort of commendation because I've managed to do it for over 15 years. All it takes is a modicum of self-discipline.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: July 19, 2009 03:55PM

lol @ you. Retard.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: July 20, 2009 11:14AM

idiot Wrote:
> I got convicted of my second dui in 5 years in
> loudoun and got my asap transferred to fairfax.
> I'm wondering if anyone knows how if b/c it's my
> second i will get a longer class than the standard
> 10 week and if/when they drug test you. Any help
> would be great. Thanks.

You might want to see if your lawyer can file an appeal.

DUI convictions recently became much more difficult due to the Melendez-Diaz v. Massachusetts ruling.

Posted by: megger ()
Date: September 03, 2009 06:38PM

dooey advice -

who was your lawyer?

Posted by: BGA ()
Date: September 03, 2009 07:03PM

Dumbass. How long until you get caught the third time. Get it through your fucking head that drinking and driving don't go together. Maybe next time you will go to jail and have the opportunity to get your anus enlarged regularly by some new friends.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: September 03, 2009 09:42PM

2nd DUI in 5 years VASAP fairfax county
Posted by: idiot ()
Date: March 06, 2009 03:59PM

I got convicted of my second dui in 5 years in loudoun and got my asap transferred to fairfax. I'm wondering if anyone knows how if b/c it's my second i will get a longer class than the standard 10 week and if/when they drug test you. Any help would be great. Thanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: sameproblems ()
Date: September 05, 2009 04:16PM

Hey dooey,

Who was your lawyer?

Please let me know.

Posted by: Monnie ()
Date: September 08, 2009 04:37PM

Watch out at VASAFE. If they drug test you, guard the chain of custody of your sample. They will kick you back to court in heart beat for a positive drug test and never consider that is was their own error.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: September 08, 2009 05:04PM

I knew a guy who had a couple of DUI's. They took his license away for a couple of years. He never served any jail time but this was 8 years ago. He did however keep getting thrown out of ASAP classes for lack of attendance or testing positive several times.

He would go to court and then they would put him back in ASAP to repeat the course. They threatened him with jail time many times, but he had good lawyer $$$ who always got him out of any jail time. He did say the tests could find alcohol from days before.

Forgot to add, I think the tests were random.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 05:07PM by Lurker..

Posted by: i hate drunk drivers ()
Date: September 09, 2009 05:12AM

Maple St Res Wrote:
> i am in asap right now for the 2nd time in my
> life, and for some reason they referred me to a
> seperate counselor (EVEN MORE MONEY) as well as
> going to ASAP again. the first charge was for pot,
> and it got dismissed after i complied with the
> first offender program. now they are just getting
> more and more money from me with these
> "counseling" treatments seperate from asap that
> only accepts CASH. such a rip off.

you guys are such idiots. DUI kill people. I lost a friend to a drunk driver two years ago. I have seen the results of many DUI accidents. stop bitching about the money. stop drunk driving. if it really bothers you, just do the jail time.
>
> also, my charge of DUI was dropped to a reckless,
> so basically im getting just as much if not more
> then if i had been charged with the dui.

Date: September 09, 2009 07:26AM

Sorry to rain on your righteous parade, but the folks from MADD, SADD, etc., are really a temperance movement in disguise.

A driver who blows a .08 does not present the same threat to society as one who blows a .24.

The current low threshold snares the marginally impaired.

It does nothing to counteract the truly wasted.

Posted by: 70chip ()
Date: September 09, 2009 12:12PM

+1

A mature male that blows a .08 is NOT impaired. It's a political witch hunt thats run amuck. And these $pecial interest groups like MADD, DARE, and VASAP leverage the media hype they themselves concocted into strong arming weak politicians to do all of their bidding. Its disgusting.

GMU Hokie Wrote:
> Sorry to rain on your righteous parade, but the
> folks from MADD, SADD, etc., are really a
> temperance movement in disguise.
>
> A driver who blows a .08 does not present the same
> threat to society as one who blows a .24.
>
> The current low threshold snares the marginally
> impaired.
>
> It does nothing to counteract the truly wasted.

Date: September 09, 2009 01:29PM

> you guys are such idiots. DUI kill people. I
> lost a friend to a drunk driver two years ago. I
> have seen the results of many DUI accidents. stop
> bitching about the money. stop drunk driving. if
> it really bothers you, just do the jail time.

I'm not being insensitive to you.

For record, I have lost at least 7 friends to auto accidents. Three were due alcohol related crashes, one hit in a freak accident, and the other 3 were killed due to excessive speed and road conditions.

As for the individual that I referred to above who lost his license after several DUI's. He past away also about four years ago(No surprise). He pretty much drank himself to death. He fell down a staircase in his house and bled to death after hitting his head. The family said there was no alcohol in system when he fell, I find that hard to believe. The guy would get up in the morning and drink a full bottle of crown royal before lunch. I never new what a true alcoholic was until I met him.

I have partied with many people and some are perfectly fine after drinking to drive. On the other hand others need to be stopped from driving. I've driven plenty of friends home from the bar because they had to much. No problem, I'm happy to do it.

In my case I'll just take cab. For money you can't beat a cab, drink all you want, not have to worry and they are cheap. Usually a cab ride is $15. That's the cost of a couple of drinks.

Date: September 09, 2009 01:30PM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
>
>
> impaired.
>

I agree 100% . MADD and SADD will not sponsor free cab rides home in holiday seasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 01:31PM by Lurker..

Posted by: Ducky ()
Date: September 09, 2009 01:36PM

Be careful at VASAP. My son was absolutely clean and came out with a dirty urine test. He did not know to watch the chain of custody of his sample, and it was very unprofessional collected (no dye in the toilet, multiple people in the bathroom, and he used an unmarked cup). No recourse but to hire a lawyer and go back to court, even though he had an immediate private test done (supervised at the lab) that was squeaky clean. I have no doubt someone switched his sample.

That happened in JUNE and he does not have a court date until Nov. God forbid if he was someone who really needed their Micky Mouse classes.

Date: September 09, 2009 03:11PM

I know people who have been through the VASAP class and it didn't change them a bit. I don't think the classes have any impact, they are just an inconvenience for a couple of months.

VASAP fairfax county
Date: September 09, 2009 03:28PM

When we were searching for Fairfax defense lawyers for my son, not a one was surprised that VASAP operates in such a negligient manner. Since VASAP supposedly operate off user fees, all the elected officials think they are wonderful too. I tried filing a criminal complaint against them - what they should have done was immediately re-test all attendees that night - I got some sympathy from the Fairfax City Police, but they say they do not have jurisdiction. Fairfax County PD had a detective call me back,and was most irritated that the Director lied or was ignorant that the test was conducted out of state (he told the detective it was done AT INOVA/Fairfax) but other than that, nothing came of it.

My son attended one over crowded "workshop" where all they did was show a film and collect urine. I called their idiot director myself and he could care less that his unprofessional Staff was costing us time and money on top of a bogus charge. I can only hope when and if he ever gets back to Court, he will get a fair hearing, but I doubt it. meanwhile, my son could be in a drug and alcohol haze for all VASAP or the Court knows.

Date: September 09, 2009 03:52PM

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the VASAP classes are run by friends of elected officials who pocket a pretty penny and don't really care about the outcome.

Date: September 09, 2009 04:59PM

Believe me I checked- and they all claim to be under paid and overworked Fairfax County employees. I never ever came across an agency so uncaring and oblivious in this County and I have been here all my life. They just want your money and from what I can tell, their services are Crap.

Date: September 09, 2009 09:28PM

Ducky Wrote:
> Believe me I checked- and they all claim to be
> under paid and overworked Fairfax County
> employees. I never ever came across an agency so
> uncaring and oblivious in this County and I have
> been here all my life. They just want your money
> and from what I can tell, their services are Crap.

As I have said previously, it is all a temperance movement.

When they get you, they got you. and they keep you.

Those idiots in Richmond sure took all the fun when the threshold was lowered.

A .08? Pitiful. Why, you might as well give up drinking and driving.

Posted by: methadouche ()
Date: September 09, 2009 09:36PM

asap is awesome.. i got to hear this dense bitch tell a story about how she thinks god made her get in her accident because women are naturally hard headed and it was gods way of making her more aware LMFAO... but yea fuck that class.. total sausage fest.. not even a decent hooker in need of a ride... although i did see a girl who actually IS a hooker... and ads is total garbage.. a bunch of people that don't wanna be there comparing story's of how much they "used" to drink or do

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: September 15, 2009 11:39AM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
>
>
> impaired.
>

Hmm. Why not raise the DUI limit back to .10, the DWI back to .15, but if your BAC is above .05 and you get in an accident, then throw the book at you? It's similar to how crimes committed with a gun get extra punishment.

Date: September 15, 2009 03:32PM

The VA legislature is not going to go back in time on DUI/DWI/underage drinking--- - if anything it will be a zero tolerance drinking policy (.02 or less) like it is for the underage. You could get busted for cough syrup on that level. I do believe the legislature influenced by MADD and other temperance groups will send us back into prohibition levels. FCPD already stakes out known parites, bars, etc.

Posted by: crimelover ()
Date: September 18, 2009 10:11PM

The program will not necessarily be longer because it's your second time through. What will guarantee classes that are longer and more intense is if you test positive (for alcohol or drugs). Also be aware of testing on your final day, as I'm sure you are probably already aware. My advice is to forego any substances while in the class. If you can't do that, then you need to consider how much of a problem you really have. Also I'm sure you're lawyer warned you that a third DUI in 5 or 10 years is a felony.

And for everyone out there who has had more than, really, one drink and drives...consider not taking a preliminary breath test (PBT) and not performing any field sobriety tests. Obviously if you've been drinking you may not be the best judge of how drunk you are, but if worried I would refuse everything. Don't make any statements...like saying you had a couple of beers. If you've had a lot to drink, don't believe they will let you go if you cooperate and blow into the PBT. Even if you are sober, you are likely to fail something on the field sobriety tests...so don't take them (you don't have to). Don't have open alcohol containers in your car. Don't say you are driving to/coming from a bar. Be sure to turn your headlights on, don't speed, and make sure all tail lights are in working order. Be nice and pleasant but there's no need to make the officer's case for him. If you've had A LOT to drink, don't do any of these things or blow into an intoxilyzer. You may be better off walking for a year (by losing your license). Remember this advice, your lawyer will thank you later for it when he gets you a good deal or gets you off entirely.

All of this being said, the best advice is and always will be: Do NOT drink and drive. A cab is far cheaper and safer than drunk driving will ever be!

Posted by: Warzone ()
Date: October 20, 2010 04:54PM

And there are no stupid drivers out there, right? I'm not going to ok drunk drivers killing people but DUI's ASAP, the court, the insurance people, the interlock people, tow companies, everyone fucks a person with a DUI, It's a sick fucking game, especially when it's played by dickheads like this with some feeble "I know someone" bullshit.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 20, 2010 05:01PM

Warzone Wrote:
> And there are no stupid drivers out there, right?
> I'm not going to ok drunk drivers killing people
> but DUI's ASAP, the court, the insurance people,
> the interlock people, tow companies, everyone
> fucks a person with a DUI, It's a sick fucking
> game, especially when it's played by dickheads
> like this with some feeble "I know someone"
> bullshit.

Drunk drivers kill; It is much more irresponsible and dangerous to get wasted in some bar and then get behind the wheel than the idiot kids that race their Civics or the assholes that weave in and out of traffic going over 80 mph.

Posted by: str86ed ()
Date: December 09, 2010 04:34PM

For ASAP in second offense cases you will have the same classes as the first offense. 10 weeks of substance abuse counseling. 1 hour each. $15-$30 each depending on where you go. Some of the counseling places drug test randomly at $15 a pop. Some don't. You will also be enrolled in ASAP classes. 10 classes, 2 hours each. Random $25 drug screens at the classes. And yes the drug tests also test for etg which is a metabolite your body makes from alcohol. It stays in you system up to 80 hours regardless if you have 1 or 20 beers. Don't fail a drug or alcohol test, they give no second chances. Period. You will get sent right back to court. For 2nd offense you will be required to be in the ASAP program for 3 years. Yes, I know.. It is pretty much an unsupervised probation where they call you in anytime they want for drug tests. You will get a piss test when you go for your enrollment, randomly in between. And your final appointment. It is a money game. And for all you haters, don't judge until you walk a mile in the shoes of someone else. I don't condone dui period. But some people don't know what their doing when they drink. They don't make the same choices they normally would. Okay, simple, just don't drink then right? It's not so easy for some people. Why not look at the company's who make and profit off of the shit?? Did anyone ever think of that. You throw the book at drug dealers but no one ever even mentions producers of alcohol. It takes a whole village to fix a problem. And also going to the source. It sure is easy to talk shit about someone when you have no idea though isn't it? lol they need classes for all you ignorant people who act like you have never done anything wrong... No ones perfect, but you know that.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: December 09, 2010 05:01PM

"I'm not going to make excuses for drunk driving."

*makes excuses for drunk driving*

Posted by: Jenna ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:33AM

I got my second DWI two day's short of five years from the first one! That was a bummer. A.S.A.P, was the easy part. Suit up and show up! It cost the county too much to do urines at the asap facility, so they will give you lab slip at any given time, (only once) And you have to go to there lab and pee for them. They do check for drugs. FYI. If it makes you feel better, the place i went, it was unsupervised, meaning, there was know one looking over my shoulder when i gave my specimen!

Posted by: Moose ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:30PM

I received a DUI in 1991 and of course, deserved it. Had never been in trouble and thought I'd die from the embarrassment of what I had done. Better embarrassed than having hurt or killed someone, for sure. Did my 10 weeks of ASAP, 1 year suspended license. Since, I have never driven after or while drinking. I learned my lesson, it scared the sh** outta me. I'm amazed at how some grown adults STILL egg one on with, "you're not drinking? Ohh come on, you gotta drink, come on, come on!" With no one having thought out how they're going to get home or even caring about it. What I don't understand and it grrr's me ... it's bad enough that those of us who received a DUI in the past, behaved in the irresponsible manner that we did to even get a DUI in the first place ... why repeat it?

Posted by: R_in_FFX ()
Date: January 07, 2011 02:32PM

A 2nd DUI really amazes me. I am 2 weeks from completing my 1yr probation for my first (and only) DUI. I cannot fathom a scenerio where I would put myself in a situation where I would risk a 2nd DUI.

Here is a break down for my first time offense
$250 Towing
$1250 Lawyer (gave me a 50% discount for being a friend of the family)
$450 in Court fines / fees
$400 for ASAP program, 10 classes, once a week
$480 for 16 sessions of group counseling
$60 for 2 urine tests
$? Insurance, too difficult to calculate this, needed to add an FR44 file to my record for high risk driver

Time break down
7 hours in jail
4 hours getting my car back and getting thing situated the next day
X hours spent taking the bus everywhere for 1 week following the arrest
5 hours in court and in ASAP intake
16 hours in group therapy
10 hours in ASAP classes
9 hours in AA
3 hours fixing everything with the DMV and my insurance company

$Priceless 1 year of personal driving freedom lost

At the end of it all I understood 1 thing and 1 thing only. The state cannot make you behave, but they can drain so much money out of your wallet and rob you of so much of your life that at the end of it all, if youre not saying "I get it! You win! This sucks balls, I will never do this again" .. then you got some serious issues.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 07, 2011 02:54PM

Did you have to pay for an Interlock or did you not get restricted?

Posted by: Drunk Man ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:00PM

the thing is that its easy to sit behind a keyboard and say "nope, i'll never drink and drive again" when you are sober. when you are kinda buzzed, feel like you are ok to drive, a cab costs $50, you need your car in the morning, and its not really a very difficult drive and you probably wont get pulled over you are more inclined to take that risk

Posted by: Peter Frampton ()
Date: April 26, 2012 10:36AM

I have my exit interview with my PO today...I have completed all of asap requirements for my 2nd in 10 dui. I have not been piss tested so far, but will they piss test me today?

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: April 26, 2012 11:26AM

you encounter the best people here on Fairfax Underground; the best!

Posted by: duhhh ()
Date: April 26, 2012 12:38PM

yeah they will.. they always piss test on the exit interview

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.