HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
WaPo editorial board
Posted by: Drakee ()
Date: August 22, 2014 01:26PM

The Washington Post's editorial board has decided to stop using the Redskins' name in their articles. The sports department (you know, the people who are actually journalists) will keep using it.

Once again, the dinosaur media proves that it cares more about being the story and telling people how to think isntead of TELLING the story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WaPo editorial board
Posted by: Wise Guy ()
Date: August 22, 2014 01:33PM

mike wise stopped using it years ago.

this campaign is pretty much his magnum opus.

Posted by: Drakee ()
Date: August 22, 2014 01:38PM

Wise Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mike wise stopped using it years ago.
>
> this campaign is pretty much his magnum opus.

I don't know if he has autism, OCD or is just a bleeding heart that thinks he knows better than everyone. He won't dare criticize the team and take the front office and players to task like a good columnist in this town should do. Because, you know, that makes people mad. No, he's going to be a whiny little bitch about A FUCKING NAME.

The guy is from California and Hawaii. He has no fucking idea how much this team means to this area and that they're the only thing that unites us.

Posted by: trololoolel ()
Date: August 22, 2014 01:59PM

I give the Post 3-5 years until they go out of business. The Redskins will still be around long afterward, making far more money for the owner.

Posted by: The RacistSkins ()
Date: August 22, 2014 02:24PM

Drakee Wrote:
> The Washington Post's editorial board has decided
> to stop using the Redskins' name in their
> articles.

Face it, that list of boycotters is only gonna grow longer as time passes and the name will eventually change.

I kinda like this situation. People hate Snyder, but the only way the Redskins name will stay is he is the owner. Pretty funny.

Posted by: Riggo Fan ()
Date: August 22, 2014 02:26PM

trololoolel Wrote:
The Redskins will still be around long
> afterward, making far more money for the owner.

I find this more remarkable than anything about the WashPo.

Why people still flock to FedEx to be fleeced by Danny Snyder and be entertained by a chronically inferior product is beyond my comprehension.

Back in the glory days of the Skins (80's to early 90's) there was a real bonding of the team and the players with the fans. Now these overpaid thugs are only interested in personal stats, show boating, and making the highlights show on Sports Center, even if it's for doing something stupid.

Posted by: PC Police ()
Date: August 22, 2014 02:31PM

Amazing how this newspaper continues to push the agenda of the left. No wonder their subscriptions are at an all time low.

Posted by: cause effect not that ()
Date: August 22, 2014 02:37PM

^Every newspaper in the country has subscriptions at all time lows. It's called the internet.

Posted by: Omar Bradley ()
Date: August 22, 2014 02:45PM

The RacistSkins Wrote:
> Drakee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

> Face it, that list of boycotters is only gonna
> grow longer as time passes and the name will
> eventually change.

Nah, as the MS media loses interest and facts take their place, PC boycotts lose steam and get rolled back. That nationwide "list of boycotters" is usually about 10 pajama boys in their basements (look up the recent Rush Limbaugh 'slut' boycott). Even global warming defenders look more like looney tunes every day.

The Redskins name "controversy" is just another way for sad, low-self esteem liberals to feel good about themselves. This, too, shall pass.

Posted by: Mike Ditka ()
Date: August 22, 2014 02:54PM

We all know this is HORSE-SHIT!

Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: August 23, 2014 07:09AM

The original owner of the Washington team , the guy who named the team was a big time racist which was the reason the Washington team was the last to desegregate.

Posted by: Former Subscriber ()
Date: August 23, 2014 10:17AM

Did the newspaper ever officially change its name to Pravda on the Potomac, or was that just the name used internally by their staff?

Posted by: Editorial Staff, not sports. ()
Date: August 23, 2014 10:23AM

In complete agreement, I promise to never watch an episode of dancing with a fat fuck...

Wait, wat?

Posted by: tVeWC ()
Date: August 23, 2014 10:40AM

Perhaps more liberals will buy the paper now to make sure they don't accidentally use the name of the washington-based football team. Think of the children (oops I meant sales).

Posted by: read between the popo ()
Date: August 23, 2014 10:59AM

I keep getting it to line my kids guinea pig cage. About all it is really useful for

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: August 23, 2014 11:03AM

Ditka is right.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.