HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hit and Run + partial plate
Posted by: glitterdeva ()
Date: August 18, 2014 02:43PM

Hey, all. Just got hit and the guy drove off. All front of my car is gone, arm hurts like h*ll and jezz, why would you not freaking stop? Anyway, called cops, they filed report and had a partial license plate from the camera that was apparently on this intersection. Is there any chance they will get the guy? I got car decription and saw driver very well, just totally froze when it came to memorizing tags. Also, his car would be very damaged. And I got a witness, he gave testimony to a cop. Chit happens, just wanted to see if anyone thinks there is a chance they get this guy. thanx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hit and Run + partial plate
Posted by: Dropokibker ()
Date: August 18, 2014 03:10PM

Post all the information and lets see

Posted by: Good luck ()
Date: August 18, 2014 04:11PM

Yes, DMV can search a partial plate and description and provide a list of hits in this area. Better hope it's not a locust or your insurance covers it all, you're SOL for the deductible and any other damages.

Posted by: glitterdeva ()
Date: August 18, 2014 04:18PM

I called insurance and they said since I got police report and witnesses, its no-fault, but of course, I have to file through my insurance and pay deductable and all that. It was a blue cruiser with MD tags, he would have alot of damage to his front. White guy, assh*ole :) Anyway, glad he didn't shot me or ran me over and I get to live another day. Yey!

Posted by: Oh really ()
Date: August 18, 2014 08:55PM

Really? They got a partial tag from a vdot camera? Strange. Most of the vdot cameras do not record. The few that do record video takes a while for the cops to get the video. So I am curious which intersection this accident took place at?

Posted by: Thanks Maryland! ()
Date: August 18, 2014 09:03PM

Illegal.

Posted by: centrevillian ()
Date: August 18, 2014 09:11PM

I can tell you right now that the cops don't give a flying fuck about hit and runs. They don't get any revenue off this and therefore don't expect shit to come from it. So, get ready to pay your uninsured motorist deductible (usually $200) and hope karma takes care of the other dude.

Posted by: Video Disappears ()
Date: August 18, 2014 10:13PM

If it was another drunk dem congressman, the police will cover it up and make it disappear. Just ask Gerry Connolly!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.