HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Woodson HS -Jeff Yost Retires!
Posted by: inter net ()
Date: August 18, 2014 01:55PM

Dear Woodson Families,

Life is built on change. For the past seven years, it has been a honor and privilege for me to serve as principal at Woodson High School and that is why it is with mixed emotions I am informing you of my plans to retire as your principal at the end of September. I will miss all of you very much - students, families, and staff, alike. On the other hand, I am excited to spend more time with my family and to have the opportunity to pursue other interests.

The Woodson community has touched me very deeply. We have laughed together and cried together but this is a job I would not have traded for any other. I truly feel that I was supposed to be here during these times of highs and lows and to support and celebrate with our students. It has been a truly enriching experience primarily because of the wonderful people that make up the Woodson family. If you do it right it’s a 24/7 job. My dedicated and talented staff have always understood that we are here for the students – to provide for them and to help them succeed academically, socially and emotionally.

Starting this week I will begin a process of moving my responsibilities to my friend and retired colleague, Dan Meier. Dan, who joined the Woodson team in April, will serve as acting principal and will remain in that position until a permanent replacement is named. Dan and I will work side by side over the next six weeks, with guidance from our Region 5 assistant superintendent, Frances Ivey, to ensure a smooth transition as we begin another exciting and challenging school year. Dan knows first-hand of the commitment and support he will receive from our teachers, staff members and families. I am confident that I am leaving Woodson in excellent hands.

I am proud of our accomplishments but, more importantly, I take with me lasting friendships with students, staff and families. Thank you for all you do to make Woodson a very special place.

Sincerely,
Jeff Yost, Principal
Woodson High School

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woodson HS -Jeff Yost Retires!
Posted by: johnny ringo ()
Date: August 18, 2014 03:12PM

Nothing about this at http://www.fcps.edu/woodsonhs/index.html, so considered bogus until otherwise shown to be true.

Posted by: JohnR ()
Date: August 18, 2014 03:19PM

Received this in my e-mail from Woodson Keep-in-touch ... I'd call it legit unless something proves otherwise ...

Posted by: dummy ()
Date: August 18, 2014 05:15PM

I want to be the first to sign up for any real estate deals that Mr. Meir is selling. His success in the past was truly remarkable,

Posted by: Official ()
Date: August 18, 2014 08:03PM

It's official...chevy the wash post

Posted by: Interesting ()
Date: August 18, 2014 09:40PM

Is he being forced to retire because of all the student suicides? I heard this was a possibility. How can the principal be directly responsible for that? Oh FCPS.

Posted by: Woodson student ()
Date: August 19, 2014 10:10PM

Interesting Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is he being forced to retire because of all the
> student suicides? I heard this was a possibility.
> How can the principal be directly responsible for
> that? Oh FCPS.

I thought he was going to be "promoted" to the gatehouse am sure he wasn't going to retired

Posted by: Former parent ()
Date: August 20, 2014 06:22AM

He can't be responsible for the suicides. Those issues are much more complicated than who the principal of your school is.

Posted by: system ()
Date: August 20, 2014 09:17AM

He probably has his 30 years in. They might bring him back to fill in for one of the vacancies (but not until next year).

Posted by: Joe l ()
Date: August 20, 2014 10:58AM

He was a terrible to boys with issues. RHS and LBHS have the same demographics yet no suicides like WTW. They never mention the suicides of post graduates. WTW leads there too. Who over saw it all? He is a fake with a mean streak. Always forced transfers of the "trouble makers" but never took any in. He is an asshole. He was as an assistant.

Posted by: beyond the principal ()
Date: August 20, 2014 12:23PM

I honestly think the whole educational arena is not good with boys' issues. This problem goes to levels way above the principal of Woodson. Look at the number of boys in SpEd, number who have ADHD, number who are expelled, number who do not go on to higher education, etc., etc. We are clearly not doing a good job with boys from many, many angles. If I had a son, I would be looking for unique and more boy centered opportunities for him. This would include going to a school with more male teachers (especially past about 3rd grade).

Posted by: Only the Strong Survive ()
Date: August 20, 2014 08:42PM

Oh great, now Woodson might finally go one full school year without a suicide

Posted by: Bill L ()
Date: August 21, 2014 05:52PM

They just let him keep ruining lives...

And, the ass kicker parent's mafia will throw him one great party.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.