HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McLean Dermatologist charged after 'misdiagnosing' patients with skin cancer
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: August 17, 2014 05:13AM

Dermatologist charged after 'misdiagnosing' patients with skin cancer
http://www.insidenova.com/headlines/dermatologist-charged-after-misdiagnosing-patients-with-skin-cancer/article_d197450a-2348-11e4-ae1a-001a4bcf887a.html

A Northern Virginia dermatologist has been charged with health care fraud after authorities said he intentionally misdiagnosed patients with skin cancer.

A federal grand jury at U.S. District Court in Alexandria Tuesday indicted Amir Bajoghli, 44, of McLean, on 60 counts of health care fraud, aggravated identity theft and obstruction of justice.

Bajoghli is accused of defrauding “various health benefit programs” through his medical practice, Skin and Laser Surgery Center, with offices in Stafford, Woodbridge, Vienna and Washington, D.C., according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s office.

Prosecutors said Bajoghli “intentionally misdiagnosed patients with skin cancer,” performed unnecessary surgery procedures on them, and submitted claims to health care benefit programs based on fraudulent skin cancer diagnoses.

Bajoghli is also accused of insurance companies for surgeries he did not perform and of improperly disposing medical waste in his offices.

The indictment also alleges that Bajoghli “directed his unlicensed and unqualified medical assistants” to close wounds and perform other procedures on his patients at follow-up visits, sometimes leaving “critical decisions regarding patient care” to the medical assistants while he was at other offices. Bajoghli told his staff members to tell patients that he had performed their wound closures, whether or not that was true, the indictment claims.

If convicted, Bajoghli faces up to 10 years in prison for each health care fraud count, two years for each of the aggravated identity theft counts and up to 20 years for obstruction of justice.

According to his practice’s website, Bajoghli’s office “treats patients for all skin concerns, including skin cancer surgery, cosmetic dermatology, sclerotherapy, laser peels, laser hair removal, hyperhidrosis, rosacea and acne treatments.”

Bajoghli was named the region’s top dermatologist by Washingtonian magazine from 2005 to 2012, according to his website.
Attachments:
53ec018b92dd8_image.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McLean Dermatologist charged after 'misdiagnosing' patients with skin cancer
Posted by: Irish lifeguard ()
Date: August 18, 2014 01:31PM

I was referred to him for removal of skin cancer. He absolutely had his assistants doing the "closing up" work (but he would come into the treatment room to see how the procedure was coming along). That said, I am still very pleased with how the scar turned out.

Re: McLean Dermatologist charged after 'misdiagnosing' patients with skin cancer
Posted by: Fuckin Silver Line ()
Date: August 18, 2014 01:37PM

I wish this guy had stayed in PG instead of coming from the Silver Line to commit this awful crime.

Posted by: PG4vv ()
Date: August 18, 2014 01:46PM

Irish lifeguard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was referred to him for removal of skin cancer.
> He absolutely had his assistants doing the
> "closing up" work (but he would come into the
> treatment room to see how the procedure was coming
> along). That said, I am still very pleased with
> how the scar turned out.

I had an aunt who was treated by him (or his assistants, I suppose). She also was very happy with the results, considering how anxious she was about the whole thing at first. Sounds like they did good work for people who actually had issues, just they got greedy and started fucking over people who didn't. A shame, really.

Posted by: JCeXP ()
Date: August 18, 2014 08:16PM

obviously healthcare fraud of that calibre should be in Florida - he's missed his calling.

maybe he's here becuase he knows fx co is full of foreigners attacking the usa from within and are willing to participate in fraud

--------------------
i don't bet fbut if i did it'd be a hood one
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: ThEH4 ()
Date: August 18, 2014 08:17PM

is that one of FL's senior villages ? for city people. many are campy ranch house villages with built in service centers to walk to :)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.