HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Teetered Out?
Posted by: Janz ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:03PM

Hi! I don't know if this is true but was told that the Fairfax Harris Teeter on Main Street is closing or is closed? This can't be happening! Can anyone verify this ? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teetered Out?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:07PM

Dunno.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Posted by: ComicRelief ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:17PM

Yep. It's already closed.

Posted by: Eh ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:53PM

We all know why they closed, WEGMANS.
I am supprised Food Lion off 29 in FRFX is still in business.

That shopping center sucks.
They should level the whole thing and make 236 a straight road.
Its too fucking twisted going west on it.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 09, 2006 11:04AM

Eh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We all know why they closed, WEGMANS.
> I am supprised Food Lion off 29 in FRFX is still
> in business.
>
> That shopping center sucks.
> They should level the whole thing and make 236 a
> straight road.
> Its too fucking twisted going west on it.

wegmans? is there even one in the area? i was thinking that everything costing way less at Shopper's or even Giant which are just a mile down the road would the cause of their demise. it's not that shopping center that fucks up traffic but rather the "oh sooooo precious historical builds. old town fairfax and it's smug elitists should be burned down to the ground.

edit: fixed the italics tag. -ben

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2006 12:33PM by ben.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 09, 2006 11:46AM

Some of us are smug elitists who feel right at home in old town fairfax. Just don't go there if you don't like it... hang around in the hood behind food lion in chantilly if that makesyou feel better.

Posted by: slips ()
Date: June 09, 2006 01:37PM

pgens, you syuck. Go feel at home in your traffic infested shittown, be careful not to fall in one of the manholes.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 09, 2006 02:55PM

Gravis? You just asked if there was a wegmans "even in the area"? Was that a deliberately stupid question? We've only discussed it 50 million times here.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 09, 2006 04:34PM

ive know there is a wegman's but i would hardly call it in the area. i was refering to within minutes (like walking distance) of where the harris teeter was.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 09, 2006 06:13PM

Point taken, but who would rather walk to a place and be gouged (I shopped at that place once and spent twice what i would have for the same shit at any other store).

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 10, 2006 02:48PM

Wegmans kicks ass. It is a just and righteous God's answer to the loathesome Super Wal-Mart.

The problem with Harris Teeter is there are only so many people out there willing to pay higher prices to keep Wegmans, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and Harris Teeter in business. Wegmans has "buzz," and I think Whole Foods and Trader Joe's have better name recognition and a more loyal customer base than Harris Teeter's.

Date: June 10, 2006 04:12PM

Harris Teeter fills no (necessary) niche, all of those other places fill some kind of niche that people actually want.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: June 12, 2006 10:30AM

They're going to build another one in the area, probably in a year or so. I was talking to a guy that worked at the Fairfax one and they are being booted off the property for unknown reasons. Supposedly a little bit of a legal issue between Harris Teeter and the land-owners, but they're gone nonetheless.

Posted by: Rupert Pupkin ()
Date: June 12, 2006 11:13AM

According to an article a few weeks ago in the Connection, the Harris Teeter store was too small and they need a location with about 50% more square footage to be competitive. This was one of the smallest stores in the chain and stores of similar size were in less populated areas. While I had been a pretty loyal HT shopper, I now do about 85% of my grocery shopping at Wegmans. This when I live near Burke Center and have two Giants and a Safeway within 5-10 minutes.

I liked the ability to get in and out of HT quickly, but the layout left something to be desired. Plus, the parking lot was terrible. I may be spending more at Wegmans, but we eat just about everything that we buy since they make meal planning a lot easier. The big question is what happens to the huge vacant space in the center of Fairfax City. Harris Teeter was expected to be an anchor tenant in the redevelopment effort.

Date: June 12, 2006 01:05PM

I wouldn't feel special about skipping past giant and safeway to shop at Wegmans. Except for the folks right near wegmans, anyone in the area does the same thing when they shop there. Giant is everywhere and yet they all suck... inconsistent stock and angry employees.

Posted by: food shopper ()
Date: March 26, 2017 03:53PM

closed

Posted by: wx4hy ()
Date: March 26, 2017 03:56PM

food shopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> closed

I think we figured that out in 2006 dumbass.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.