HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
What Does Maria Leaf Look Like?
Posted by: News Fan ()
Date: August 14, 2014 06:44PM

She sounds like a dyke. Anybody got pics?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What Does Maria Leaf Look Like?
Posted by: Googling Googlist. ()
Date: August 14, 2014 07:09PM

Stolen from her SoundCloud page. Same picture, only bigger, is on her Twitter profile.
Attachments:
avatars-000071326368-5ioyit-t500x500.jpg

Posted by: TheTruth ()
Date: August 14, 2014 07:27PM

She's horrible and should be taken off the air...I've heard few voices on the air that are both shrill and guttural...between her and Savage watch the afternoon drive numbers drop...she needs to keep selling real estate or working as a hostess at Outback.

Posted by: **YAWN** ()
Date: August 14, 2014 10:24PM

She has a face for radio.

Posted by: Grow Up ()
Date: May 16, 2015 09:19PM

You clearly are a loser in the game of life. Your life is so worthless that you have develop meaning by writing about how someone looks. Your parents must be proud of you.

Posted by: Maria Leaf has hacked FFXU ()
Date: May 17, 2015 07:05AM

Grow Up Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You clearly are a loser in the game of life. Your
> life is so worthless that you have develop meaning
> by writing about how someone looks. Your parents
> must be proud of you.

I don't know who Mari Leaf is, buts sounds like she found this website.

Posted by: xd64p ()
Date: May 17, 2015 08:08AM

Maria Leaf has hacked FFXU Wrote:
> Grow Up Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You clearly are a loser in the game of life.
> Your
> > life is so worthless that you have develop
> meaning
> > by writing about how someone looks. Your
> parents
> > must be proud of you.
>
>
> I don't know who Mari Leaf is, buts sounds like
> she found this website.

I doubt it. I looked it up, and Maria Leaf is the PM Drive Anchor/Editor at WMAL, which means she probably has a lot more going on her life than responding to trolls on FFXU.

Posted by: I Luv Bacon ()
Date: May 17, 2015 12:54PM

She certainly seems to enjoy dishing the state run media propaganda!
Attachments:
democrats_american_acceptionalism.jpg

Posted by: Maria Leaf Fangirl ()
Date: May 17, 2015 06:05PM

WMAL listener here. My suggestions for Maria;

-lose the strident-sounding delivery style. This can't possibly be your natural speaking voice. Work on adding some softness and speak more lyrically. Voice comes off as staccato now and conveys harshness. I'd have you speak at a higher register and use more breath. You're speaking in the front part of your mouth with a tight delivery that sounds hollow - use the back of your throat and add in a breath for a softer sound.

- go brunette, Maria! You'd look stunning with a frame of dark auburn hair and maybe some subtle red highlights to frame your face.

- shape your brows

Maria had a rough day on Friday - I was worried! Wonder if she was stifling a sneeze or coughing fit because she did not have the same voice. Came in late on broadcast news and then stumbled (Barbara Harrison-style) which NEVER happens to Maria. Her voice seemed garbled and she sounded unusually distracted.

Posted by: Twelve Step Program ()
Date: May 18, 2015 11:05AM

Do they drug test at Cumulus?

Posted by: Carolee ()
Date: October 22, 2015 11:36AM

Maria's delivery seems to be the going style these days... I've noticed it on TV Newscasts....As to her looks, come on people, grow up!

Posted by: Obligatory obligator ()
Date: October 22, 2015 01:12PM

Carolee Wrote:
> Maria's delivery seems to be the going style these
> days... I've noticed it on TV Newscasts....As to
> her looks, come on people, grow up!

Carolee, are you fatter than Maria?

Posted by: Really Annoying Voice ()
Date: November 20, 2015 08:48AM

She sounds like Woody Woodpecker. Most annoying voice in local media.

Posted by: UPwPV ()
Date: December 21, 2015 12:07PM

Her voice is horrible - guttural, staccato and shrill at the same time - truly an unholy trifecta. The only person on the air that is worse than her is that old gasbag on WAMU. That bitch sounds like she's just been in a car wreck or experienced a natural disaster firsthand.

Posted by: Bump2 ()
Date: February 26, 2016 08:04AM

How can someone that sounds like Maria Leaf get a job in media? What an irritating sound.

Posted by: Fatty McFat ()
Date: February 26, 2016 09:34AM

She looks like she the the studio@!

WMAL : You need to take her OFF the air and provide Maria other office duties.
Posted by: M.J. ()
Date: February 29, 2016 01:11PM

Maria,

With deference to Maria, I have discontinued listening to WMAL because I have become sick and tired of, either, turning down the volume or turning off the radio the very moment I hear' "I'm MARIA LEAF, WMALLLL !" Really, there are those that should not attempt to do work that ultimately leads to losing listeners.

WMAL : You need to take her OFF the air and provide Maria with other office duties.

Posted by: What.a.Fucking.Asshole.You.Are. ()
Date: February 29, 2016 02:33PM

Beat it.

Posted by: Tommy ()
Date: March 01, 2016 03:40PM

I used to be a devote listener of WMAL, but Maria Leaf's voice is really impossible to listen to. I make it a point to turn the volume down at every top and bottom of the hour, so as not to be forced through the aural meat-grinder that is her enunciation.

The blend between her nasal delivery and her pretentious syllabic uptalk is just plain brutal.

Maria, please talk on the radio like you do in real life. I have no idea who hired you, but I can guarantee you you're losing a lot of listeners.

Posted by: TheTruth ()
Date: March 01, 2016 06:05PM

I spent a lifetime in radio as a dj, pd GSM and GM. She is by far the WORST I've ever heard on the air in any market large or small. I flip to WTOP when she comes on. What I don't understand is she is so bad the rating books CERTAINLY show the tuneout when she's on. I can hear they have tried to work with her to change her breathing and inflection but there is not enough improvement to justify keeping her.

Posted by: Je from Jones ()
Date: March 01, 2016 06:20PM

I like her. I am willing to take one for the team and would be absolutely delighted to enjoy her lady bits. Women are sexy, there is a lot you fools who have yet to discoverthe best of life. She is a local talent and reliable.

Posted by: Front Door ()
Date: March 01, 2016 07:51PM

She has the worst radio voice EVER. Annoying, irritating, unpleasant, and fake. The radio has to be muted or turned off whenever she comes on. It makes me cringe, and I hope WMAL wakes up and gets rid of her. I actually thought she would've been gone by now. Can't be soon enough. It's always a welcomed relief when anyone else is subbing.

Posted by: MDGK ()
Date: March 02, 2016 07:34PM

I cannot tolerate her and can't ever recall anyone on radio having a broadcasting voice as horrible as hers. Can you imagine hearing that voice when you first wake up in the morning???

Posted by: Haha ha haha ()
Date: March 02, 2016 07:46PM

Maria Leaf sounds like Woody Woodpecker.

Posted by: Agente ()
Date: March 04, 2016 06:41AM

It was a pleasure not having to endure Maria Leaf's shrill on the air last night. How long now have we put with her - 2 years? Time to move on, Maria, to another career... not using your voice.

Posted by: tuningin ()
Date: March 04, 2016 12:21PM

Great to see a thread on WMAL. I'd also love to see WMAL ditch the lame "Drive at Five" show with Larry O'Conner and just continue the third hour of Michael Savage.

Posted by: yeahyeah ()
Date: March 09, 2016 11:39AM

Let's get some more discussion on this.

Posted by: A WMAL Listener in Herndon ()
Date: March 11, 2016 07:08AM

I couldn't agree more. I have to turn down the radio when I hear her.
What genius at WMAL thought her voice would be good for delivering the news?

Shrill, Shrieking and Harsh. She sounds angry. Does she talk at home that way?!
"HONEY WE NEED MORE MILK AND EGGS AND OUR CARPET NEEDS CLEANING. NOW GET YOUR
BUTT DOWN TO THE HADID CCC!!!!" NOW!!!

Posted by: Cap'n Chaos ()
Date: March 11, 2016 05:07PM

Maria Leaf:
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Here'sLucy ()
Date: March 28, 2016 09:46PM

If anyone knows of an opening for a boxing match referee, please send her there. She should not be on radio.

Posted by: Optimus Maximus ()
Date: April 06, 2016 07:16AM

I listen to WMAL on the IHeart Radio app and I can honestly say she has THE most annoying delivery I have ever heard. Truly cringe worthy. The nasally delivery, over enunciation and over the top inflections, not to mention the WMALLLL and WMALLLL dawt CAWWWWMMMMM are simply terrible radio.

Maria Leaf must go!
Posted by: Annoyed1 ()
Date: April 06, 2016 07:49AM

Maria Leaf must go! Fired. Her voice annoys everyone and there is so many better voice talents available.
Maybe wmal management is intentionally trying to tank ratings, to initiate a format change. Hmmmm?

Posted by: Your Opinion Only Matters To You ()
Date: April 06, 2016 01:15PM

**YAWN** Wrote:
> She has a face for radio.

There's nothing wrong with her looks!

I certainly hope you don't have children. We already know that you don't have any friends. Keep typing away in mom's basement! Eventually she will die and you'll be all alone!

Posted by: Ty9py ()
Date: April 13, 2016 10:28AM

Well, she sure doesn't have a voice for radio.

Posted by: Radiohhhhh ()
Date: April 15, 2016 02:07PM

Is WMAL listening???? Get rid of this awful chick now. No one can stomach that voice. You're losing an audience.

Posted by: marialeaf ()
Date: April 15, 2016 04:57PM

I always imagined this is about what she looks like...
Attachments:
strict3.jpg

Posted by: bXLb9 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 01:32PM

bXLb9

Posted by: Seebi ()
Date: April 25, 2016 01:56PM

God, I'm glad I found this forum thread. I thought I couldn't possibly be the only one thinking that Maria Leaf does not belong in front of a radio microphone--whatever her other journalistic talents.

I mean, the woman's voice is horribly, stridently, and objectively annoying. The nasal voice as well as that bumpy STAC-CA-TO-DE-LI-VE-RY has made me the fastest mute button in the West. As soon as I hear "I'M MA-RI-A-LE-AF, DOU-BLE-YOU-EMM-AY-ELLLLLLLL" I can't help uttering a loud imprecation as the unknown idiot who thought she had a swell radio voice and flinging my hand onto the mute button.

I mean, don't the higher-ups at WMAL see the ratings? Can they be that high?

Posted by: Lwnh9 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 08:17AM

I think local station management are libs, and that they are intentionally trying to harm the ratings. Hoping it leads to format change. Why elae would they hire anyone as annoying as Maria Leaf?

Posted by: Cat's Meow ()
Date: April 28, 2016 06:57PM

The moment she comes on, we immediately hit OFF or MUTE.

Date: April 29, 2016 07:09AM

At noon every day I change the channel to another station that offers the same programming. As soon as I hear her reading the news at noon it reminds me to bail. Hers is the most annoying delivery in radio. On Earth and in space.

Posted by: A WMAL Listener ()
Date: May 05, 2016 07:09AM

Every half hour I run to turn down the volume or hit the mute button.
She's absolutely awful.
Bill Hess are you listening to your Shrill Shreaking Shrew?!

"Here's Matt Defazio in the Hadid Carpet Cleaning Traffic Center!"
I'M MA-RI-A-LE-AF, DOU-BLE-YOU-EMM-AY-ELLLLLLLL

God Save us all!

Posted by: Cocorono ()
Date: May 09, 2016 07:03PM

Listening to the news breaks has been a challenge for me for years, but it seemed like Maria was in remission for about a month last year> Then it came back; her superiors must have preferred that sound. I'd swear she grew up listening to Baltimore top 40 DJs from forty years ago, but her picture - pleased to say - disproves that.

Posted by: Ron Bennett ()
Date: May 19, 2016 07:20AM

I don't care what Maria Leaf looks like. I just know that she talks with clarity
and is to the point with magnitude.
She doesn't stall around and mumble and fumble like so many do on wmal that you can
forget from one word to another what what they are talking about.
Way to go Maria, I love ya.

Posted by: Cfexb ()
Date: May 20, 2016 08:32AM

/\ What kind of idiot are you? Troll are just simple moron?

Maria Leaf is the worst media voice in this area, no contest.

Posted by: Squaker ()
Date: May 20, 2016 10:30AM

In fifty years of listening to news readers I can honestly say she has the most annoying voice I have ever heard. Incredible she is working at a major market station.

Date: June 22, 2016 07:10AM

Much to my chagrin, Maria Leaf is STILL at the news desk. Her voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard. More like a bag of rats going through a woodchipper. The high pitched, over enunciation of every word, in that real radio announcer fake voice, followed up by the uber annoying "I'm Maria Leaf, WMAELLLLLLL and WMAELLLLLLL dot CAWWWWWWWWWMMMM is the WORST on Earth.

Posted by: Heather Barn ()
Date: July 15, 2016 06:10PM

My husband and I have lived in 8 states. We are military and love listening to The WMAL talk shows BUT.... as soon as we start to hear Maria Leaf, we put the volume on mute for 10 seconds to make sure we don't hear that elingated "L" at the end. Her voice is the WORST VOICE ON RADIO. It's stuck in my head and I fear that I'll have to hear it until we PCS.

Posted by: uDU4n ()
Date: July 15, 2016 10:57PM

will have to find WMAL again on car radio or plug my radio clock in some time

haven't heard once yet

does she make a better show than this?

-----------------------------

"I'm John Batchelor this is the John Batchelor Show"

tensions are high between Turkey, arabia, and europe, war is certain to erupt soon. the world is 1/2 on fire and you shouldn't think you are safe until you are part of one side or the other.

"I'm John Batchelor this is the John Batchelor Show"

MARIA LEAF'S VOICE
Posted by: M.J. ()
Date: August 01, 2016 12:24PM

Maria,

You should have voice lessons. Your delivery (voice) sounds angry, arrogant, nasally and boosted with testosterone.

For many years I'd tune in WMAL to hear Plante, Rush, and Savage (Hannity). Because of Maria Leaf, I have had to tune in other stations via SONOS. I could not be any happier. Honestly, I would tune her OFF every single time the stations went to commercial. NO LONGER !

My apologies to WMAL.

HERE IS SOMETHING TO READ :

"KDKA-AM (1020) news reporter Maria Leaf is no longer with the station. She was let go in what Michael Young, CBS Radio Pittsburgh senior vice president and market manager, described as a restructuring of the station's news coverage. No other news staffers were affected by the move. Ms. Leaf joined the station in 2007.

And longtime KDKA reporter Barbara Boylan, who has been off on extended medical leave, is expected to return to work this month, Mr. Young said.

New talk show for WGBN
The Black Political Empowerment Project, also called B-PEP, is launching a new community-oriented talk show on gospel station WGBN-AM (1150).

"B-PEP Community Moments" will air twice a month -- from noon to 1 p.m. on the first and last Saturday of the month, starting Saturday.

The program hosts will be B-PEP assistant civic engagement coordinator Melvin Pollard and B-PEP assistant treasurer Ken Huston.

The station is expanding beyond the gospel format it has had since 1992 and now carries a mix of music and talk.

WGBN's new slogan -- "The Voice of Urban Pittsburgh" -- reflects the change. It's not a format change, said Russell Carter, WGBN director of community affairs and marketing director. "We are still gospel at the core and a religious broadcaster. But we are trying to reach out to the community. We are trying to include some of those programs because the city really needs them."

The demise of WAMO-FM and AM left a void in programming geared to the African-American community, and WGBN is trying to fill part of that void, he said.

The station has picked up some of the talk programming that was displaced when the former WAMO-AM was sold. The syndicated Bev Smith show airs weeknights from 7 to 10 p.m.

The station also has added "The Soul Pitt Xtra," which provides information on upcoming events. It's a spinoff of the local Soul Pitt website, www.thesoulpitt.com. It airs at 12:05 p.m. Monday and Wednesday and at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.

Another addition is "Hot or Not," a weekly program in which gospel and inspirational performers submit their songs and the audience votes on them. It airs at 4 p.m. Fridays."

Posted by: Terrible ()
Date: August 18, 2016 02:37PM

Man...I couldn't agree more about her voice being as annoying as H! WMALLLL...I'm Maria Leaf WMALLLLL. TRAFFIC AND WEATHER NEXT! PLEASE STOP!

Reminds me of the Howard Stern movie Private Parts when one of his jobs with WNBC, his boss required him to say w NNN b c...w NNNN b c. LOL!

Posted by: Terrible Pt 2 ()
Date: August 18, 2016 03:05PM

Posted by: Ridiculous ()
Date: August 25, 2016 03:09PM

The way she stresses certain words is confusing and unusual. She stresses them in mid-sentence where it is completely unnecessary. It's thoroughly mind-boggling. :-/ WMAELLLLL! Oy Vey!

Posted by: G Gordon Liddy ()
Date: August 25, 2016 05:49PM

So I almost lose control of my car when Maria Leaf comes on with her Ted Knight/local hack news anchor awful voice, I change it to WTOP only to find out that a guy named Neal AugggensteINNNNN is on and I want to shoot my car radio as soon as I gain control if my car!!!! Leaf + Augenstein + Beltway traffic=
Early grave!!!

Posted by: DCcomic ()
Date: October 03, 2016 02:28PM

Ok, after seeing her pics I was surprised... she sounds like a black lady, and yes, her voice is so damned annoying I also have to change the station for those few minutes when she's WMALLLL'ing. Sounds like she JUST got out of Broadcasting school with that same ol' same ol' phony taught voice. I can't imagine her ordering a meal in a restaurant with that voice... like nails on a chalkboard.

Posted by: I'm convinced ()
Date: October 03, 2016 10:22PM

I'm convinced that station management intentionally keeps her on the air to annoy listeners. They want to depress ratings for conservative shows in this market. Typical liberal media morons.

Maria Leaf is the most annoying voice in media.

Date: October 17, 2016 07:09AM

Why does she over enunciate and yell her report? Holy mackerel, the absolute WORST delivery since Les Nessman. She is definitely a throwback. I have to change channels when the top and bottom of the hour news roundup comes on, lest I go into seizures.

Posted by: JillianZ ()
Date: November 07, 2016 06:53PM

I like your station but as soon as i hear her mean staunch sounding Reba McIntyre voice i immediately turn off the radio! Please take her off the radio. It sounds like she is holding a jaw breaker between her teeth and screaming in a throaty pitched sound. Its like fingernails on a chalk board.

Posted by: AC ()
Date: November 09, 2016 05:29PM

God, am I glad I found this thread. I enjoy WMAL's programming, but I do stream from an outside market station just to avoid her excruciating news breaks. He is undoubtedly a Lib, as she gleefully parrots CNN's and the DNC's talking points. And if her "news editor" work wasn't awful enough, that migraine-inducing on air delivery is the absolute worst. I was going to email Bill Hess and ask him, "What sort of blackmail material does she have on you and station management?" She needs to be canned. Wake up WMAL! Guys are tuning out in no small part due to Maria Leaf's news breaks, and in a very competitive industry, I am at a loss to explain why she is still behind the microphone.

Posted by: Misanthrope ()
Date: November 16, 2016 02:14PM

Wow. I've thought this for years, even resorting to turning down the volume whenever she's about to hit the airwaves. I took a hiatus from listening to talk radio for about a year...only to find that she's still there enunciating oddly. *sigh*

Posted by: Former WMAL listener ()
Date: November 18, 2016 08:09AM

I too stream the shows I like and do not listen to WMAL anymore, due to her annoying voice.

Maria Leaf has to go. Gone. Fired.

Posted by: Voltaire ()
Date: November 29, 2016 09:23AM

If my mute button had a son, he would look like Maria Leaf.

I honestly can't understand how anyone not hearing-impaired could ever say "hey, this gal has a wonderful voice--I know, let's put her on radio."

I don't think I've ever heard a more nasal, forced, constrained, affected delivery than this lady. Nothing personal against her, but she needs to be off the air.

Posted by: VKxjt ()
Date: November 29, 2016 04:08PM

VKxjt

Posted by: d7NNU ()
Date: November 29, 2016 05:28PM

d7NNU

Posted by: phelpsmarc ()
Date: November 29, 2016 05:45PM

I've been listening to WMAL quite a bit since the election. Overall, I really like their Conservative Talk Radio.

I think I may have heard her, but mostly it's Male broadcasters.

Posted by: False Advertising! ()
Date: November 29, 2016 06:32PM

Holy shit....that pic posted at the top was like 200 pounds ago...she put a live video on her Facebook page of her doing the updates (it's sad lol) but she is huge now! I literally didn't think they were the same people...

Posted by: FEXFP ()
Date: November 30, 2016 07:09AM

FEXFP

Date: November 30, 2016 02:02PM

It's almost like she's trolling us at this point. I literally cannot listen to WMAAAAAAALLLLLLL after 12 noon . She is either trolling us or has absolutely no sense of self awareness. That delivery is a parody of itself.

Date: January 11, 2017 06:56PM

maria leaf's voice is that of a bad 1940's gangster movie actor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 09:06PM by greensuedebeatleboots.

Posted by: Les Nessman ()
Date: January 11, 2017 07:33PM

https://youtu.be/omncM4ylAKI

I found a video of Maria doing a newspaper route!!!

Date: January 23, 2017 02:08PM

I am hearing Barbara Britt this afternoon on WMAL instead of Maria Leaf. I am sure it is only a temporary reprieve from the paperboy...hahaha

Posted by: Maria is a BIG GURL ()
Date: January 23, 2017 02:56PM

I like big gurls! I would enjoy her straddling my face as I flick her clit with my tongue and happily drink her juices!

Posted by: Couple lbs ago ()
Date: January 23, 2017 07:20PM

Posted by: (Wink) Martindale ()
Date: January 23, 2017 07:23PM

Grow Up Wrote:
> You clearly are a loser in the game of life. Your
> life is so worthless that you have develop meaning
> by writing about how someone looks. Your parents
> must be proud of you.

Have you listened to WMAL? They start this. Chris Plante does it all the time.

Posted by: Holy Toledo ()
Date: January 23, 2017 08:14PM

I'm in agreement with most. Her natural speaking voice is probably fine, but that awful, nasal affectation is unlistenable.

Posted by: Jefrojones ()
Date: January 24, 2017 04:13AM

The Larry O'Conner show sucks. He has become an egotistic self licking ice cream cone.

Date: January 24, 2017 10:48AM

wmAL has taken a turn for the worst.

michael savage is gone and Larry Oconnor is taking his time slot for a 3 hour snooze fest.

Maria Leaf's voice sounds like a 2 bit actor from a bad 1940's gangster movie

Posted by: Leesburger ()
Date: January 30, 2017 04:59PM

Sorry WMAL. I enjoy listening to some of the shows while driving. I have to switch stations when Maria Leaf speaks. Her delivery and voice turns me into an aggressive driver. I switch to WTOP or music until I know she is no longer talking. So irritating. Unnatural and over-delivery. Who cares about her appearance.

Posted by: Jim3246hike ()
Date: February 08, 2017 05:45PM

Are you a dunce or just a liar?

Leaf is nothing more than a big mouth with a bad voice. You obviously know nothing about radio.

She mixes her voice through a modulator so she can sound like a man. It is like a live lesbian promo.

I expect to see her move on to commercials where she is eating clams at some point in the future.

Posted by: Jim3246hike ()
Date: February 08, 2017 05:50PM

- The Larry O'Conner show sucks. He has become an egotistic self licking ice cream cone.

I actually called the show to express my displeasure with dropping Savage and they hung up on me.

I don't think these guys give a crap.

Munchkin on "The Wizard Of Oz": What Does Maria Leaf Look Like?
Posted by: John Velasco ()
Date: February 15, 2017 12:40PM

Hey guys, I believe it really does not matter how Maria Leaf looks since all faces look GREAT over the radio.

As for her voice, since Maria's radio voice is tantamount to "finger nails over a chalk board", I have completely switched from WMAL to other stations across the fruited plain.

Simply put, I do not understand why she does not take voice lessons. Regardless, I have put together a hilarious imitation montage of Maria Leaf that sounds like the munchkins on "The Wizard Of Oz". No one can deny, Maria sounds like a munchkin on steroids. In short, I have taken her exact words and translated it to a "Maria Munchkin Leaf" parody.

Having said that, I think it would be better severed to switch from WMAL to another station. I have been and am happier for it. Besides, you learn quite a bit about other locations around our Representative Republic. What's more, RUSH and SAVAGE have never sounded better. But, I do miss Chris Plante.

Posted by: Manassas Man ()
Date: February 22, 2017 03:28PM

Thank goodness others have the same opinion of Maria Leaf. I started listening to Chris Plante a little over a year ago and at first I thought the newscast at 11:30 was a JOKE (literally HA HA, the laugh is on us). She is beyond horrible. Thank goodness I only have to kill the volume once during Plante's show. By the way, Heather Curtis ain't that great either, sounds like a 6 year old girl with a sinus infection.

Posted by: T-bone Costanza ()
Date: February 28, 2017 12:30PM

Finding this thread confirms what my 2 children and myself have been saying about her voice. OMG, its hard to believe they actually pay her for what she does. I've heard plenty of shitty nasal voices in my time, but nothing comes close to the cochlear assault commited by her, every time Dubbbble-you Em-ay-elllll breaks for news!

Posted by: OptimusMaximus ()
Date: March 03, 2017 09:08AM

The gasping for breath between sentences is the icing on this putrid cake.

Posted by: Maria Leaf Rocks ()
Date: March 08, 2017 10:38PM

Maria Leaf has a unique voice and delivery that sets hear apart from the masses of other ho hum radio people. And it is not unlike many other broadcasters that either appeal to an audience or simply not.

When I first heard Maria Leaf's news update I was instantly drawn by her style which was not only very cool but also very sexy. So while I understand some (or many) may totally dislike her and her voice delivery etc. just know there are many others out there who love listening to her and look forward to the next "update".

Maria you rock :)

Date: March 10, 2017 07:03AM

Thank you for your call, Mr.Leaf.

Posted by: Allen ()
Date: March 20, 2017 08:25AM

I think Maria has a cool radio voice. I've listened to WMAL for years. She sounds like a real reporter!

Posted by: You can't be serious ()
Date: March 23, 2017 02:44PM

To the person(s) who wrote the last three posts--you can't be serious.

A normal delivery will not "either appeal or not"--it will be just that--a normal delivery that won't stand out. Maria's does stand out. Like a sore thumb permanently stuck in someone's eye.

The woman is impossible to listen to, plain and simple.

Date: March 24, 2017 07:32AM

"You cant be serious" is absolutely correct. She is absolutely unlistenable. So horrible, her delivery is like a bad parody of a parody of a female Ted Baxter. That gasping for breath between sentences is getting worse, BTW.

Posted by: My Ears, My Ears! ()
Date: March 24, 2017 07:52AM

The first time I heard her I wondered who hired her. Like, after listening to her the program director said, "She's the one!"

WTF??!

Date: March 28, 2017 08:30PM

Allen Wrote:
> I think Maria has a cool radio voice. I've
> listened to WMAL for years. She sounds like a real
> reporter!

OK, Maria. It looks like you found this thread and brought out your cabal of three fans. So what's the score now, 87-3? If the slaughter rule was in effect, this discussion would have been over a long time ago. Once Chris Plante is off the air, I go elsewhere for Rush for one reason and one reason only. "I'm Maria Leaf on Washington's MAULLLLL, Double UU M-A-L and Double UU M-A-L Dot CALMMMM."

Date: March 31, 2017 07:11AM

AC, you've said it all! After Chris Plante, I'm OUT a as well.

Posted by: WMAL Free ()
Date: March 31, 2017 08:00AM

I've gone completely without WMAL for a couple months now and I am much more relaxed. Certainly less irritated by that disgusting voice known as Maria Leaf.

AM 1260 Michael Gallagher in the morning, AM 930 Rush in the afternoon, and then either AM 1260 Sean Hannity or some Pandora after Rush.

Bliss. WMAL-free bliss!

Posted by: French-kiss her poop-chute! ()
Date: March 31, 2017 09:58AM

I would like to French-kiss her poop-chute!

Posted by: thomas f kistner ()
Date: June 21, 2017 02:11PM

When I first heard Maria on WMAL I thought, "wow, finally a woman who can project her voice. She's terrific! Unlike most other women on the air I understand every word. Most women find it impossible to use the letter "R."
Like I said, it's a pleasure to listen to her. Go, Babe.

Posted by: Leaf Fan ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:18PM

You people that are so shallow. Radio is certainly no like it was in the 40's with the smooth talk and the 60's with all the fast talking DJ's .....this is a person that has her style and you know, I find it interesting. It's different but I remember it and funny thing is...You are talking about it. She wins. More you talk the more people are going to tune in to see what they think. Looks...shallow hal comes to mind. She is attractive and you think other wise, the they don't need you to list Hal. I've read all your post and I wonder how you live your life so perfect all the time. Amazing.

Posted by: Leaf Fan, NOT ()
Date: July 14, 2017 06:41PM

The valid criticism of Maria Leaf here is about her over the top and nasally on air delivery, rather than her looks. There are plenty of ratio personalities that have a "face" for radio. This has nothing to do with that. She is awful on the air. Her voice gives me migraines. That is not being shallow. That is being truthful. I wouldn't hire her for my radio station, not in a million years.

Posted by: dilip dalal ()
Date: August 09, 2017 07:35PM

She is terrible. She sounds awful. Always sounds like her ass is on fire.

Posted by: Glenn Akers ()
Date: January 02, 2018 02:43PM

Finally googled annoying voices and Maria Leaf in one sentence and found this forum. OMG, how on earth can anyone think of broadcasting her voice to the public? I cannot even explain how it sounds. That awful pre-recorded ..."in the Hadid Traffic Center"...sentence that ends with the wrong voice inflection is nauseating. I only get to hear the radio during lunch and must turn it way down during the commercials and her annoying input. Please give this woman a desk job and get her off the air!!!

Posted by: Soul Brother #1 ()
Date: January 02, 2018 03:31PM

White Ho s are my specialty, even if they sound like this phreeeek

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.