HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS SOLS SCORES WHEN WILL THEY BE RELEASE
Posted by: Tax Payer ()
Date: August 05, 2014 10:49PM

Students take the test online now, so why do we have to wait so much to see which schools failed ? (Route 1 schools) but when can we make if official?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS SOLS SCORES WHEN WILL THEY BE RELEASE
Posted by: 7P3DX ()
Date: August 05, 2014 10:55PM

after you learn to spell "released" and "it"

Posted by: Watching Grass Grow ()
Date: August 06, 2014 08:47AM

Waiting for FCPS SOL scores is like waiting for an annual report on the average length of lawn grass in Fairfax County.

SOLs mean nothing. They tell us nothing about students that we don't already know. Significant "take overs" of failing schools will never happen. Does anyone think that every Norfolk and Richmond school will be taken over? Who would take them over? Who would they hire to teach, to administer? The old teachers and administrators? Is anyone taking over the FCPS schools that get a "Second Warning" or "Double Secret Probation"?

The whole SOL regime is just a charade. Students and parents should treat them as such.

Posted by: madness ()
Date: August 06, 2014 08:50AM

"Waiting for FCPS SOL scores is like waiting for an annual report on the average length of lawn grass in Fairfax County.

SOLs mean nothing. They tell us nothing about students that we don't already know. Significant "take overs" of failing schools will never happen. Does anyone think that every Norfolk and Richmond school will be taken over? Who would take them over? Who would they hire to teach, to administer? The old teachers and administrators? Is anyone taking over the FCPS schools that get a "Second Warning" or "Double Secret Probation"?

The whole SOL regime is just a charade. Students and parents should treat them as such."

+1000

You are watching a very expensive charade. We don't need SOLs to tell us what we already know.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 06, 2014 10:32AM

The preliminary list of schools that failed has already been released, and was the subject of another thread last month.

Posted by: SOL Release ()
Date: August 06, 2014 05:06PM

They will be release when you learn to spell

Posted by: SOLs rocked ()
Date: August 06, 2014 05:10PM

The SOLs saved my ass in school, I would fail every other test but the teachers would tell me if I pass the SOL they would pass me. They were always so stupidly easy.

Posted by: Ryan McElweeny ()
Date: August 06, 2014 05:13PM

Don't worry about SOLs, you're kid failed but will get bumped up anyhow.

Posted by: FHS GUY3 ()
Date: August 06, 2014 05:57PM

SOLs rocked Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The SOLs saved my ass in school, I would fail
> every other test but the teachers would tell me if
> I pass the SOL they would pass me. They were
> always so stupidly easy.

you didnt' attend Fairfax High. Mr.Thomas would fail a 1/3 of the students even tho everyone passed the sol

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.