HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Woodbridge teen dies after drug overdose at Maryland music festival
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: August 04, 2014 04:55AM

Woodbridge teen dies after drug overdose at Maryland music festival
http://www.insidenova.com/headlines/woodbridge-teen-dies-after-drug-overdose-at-maryland-music-festival/article_cfd35f3a-1b76-11e4-b3b2-001a4bcf887a.html

A Woodbridge teen died Sunday evening after an apparent mass drug overdose at a music festival in Maryland.

Police have not released the boy’s name, but identified him as a 17-year-old from Woodbridge. Friends identified the teenager as a rising senior at Hylton High School.

A 20-year-old Raleigh, N.C., man also died after an apparent drug overdose at Friday's Mad Decent Block Party 2014 at Merriwether Post Pavilion in Columbia, Md. In all 20 festival-goers were hospitalized, according to Howard County police.

The man who died, Tyler Fox Viscardi, 20, did not appear to have known the Woodbridge teen, police said.

Police said they believe the most widely used drug at the event was MDMA, popularly known as ecstasy or Molly.

MDMA is a synthetic, psychoactive drug that has similarities to stimulants and hallucinogens, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. It can cause increases in heart rate, blood pressure and body temperature.

The Mad Decent Block Party festival travels the country, and had a show in Norfolk on Sunday and one scheduled for Los Angeles on Monday.

“Investigators have learned that other venues have seen similar circumstances at these events,” Howard County police said in a news release.

In a post on Mad Decent’s Twitter page, organizers made a brief statement out this weekend’s deaths.

“Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by yesterday’s event. We are saddened by the news, Aug 02.”

Merriweather Post Pavilion also issued a statement, saying drugs are an epidemic “everywhere.”

“As a parent, it makes me horribly sad beyond words to think of a tragedy like this,” said Seth Hurwitz, chairman of I.M.P. Productions, the company that operates Merriweather Post Pavilion.

“We can spend every minute of the day making perfect sense to our children regarding the obvious perils of drugs, but sometimes it is impossible to convince them that this is relevant to their world. Youth feel invulnerable. Some refuse to believe they could be affected.”

Police are awaiting autopsy and toxicology results from the medical examiner's office to confirm the exact cause of death.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woodbridge teen dies after drug overdose at Maryland music festival
Posted by: Herb Spencer ()
Date: August 04, 2014 07:50AM

lol......another moron putting poison into their body...........
Darwin's way of culling the herd.
Druge were around when I was a teenager, too, but that doesn't mean you have to be dumb enough to use them.

Posted by: Hrundi V Bakshi ()
Date: August 04, 2014 04:26PM

Losers take drugs.

Losers die.

We dont need losers

/thread

Posted by: ykj7H ()
Date: August 04, 2014 04:37PM

Hrundi V Bakshi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Losers take drugs.
>
> Losers die.
>
> We dont need losers
>
> /thread

Sounds like someone got bullied by the potheads at school. Poor guy.

Posted by: Nova Stoner ()
Date: August 04, 2014 04:59PM

Drugs are ruining society - I should know however I only partake in the natural kind. Synthetic drugs and opiates are bad!

Posted by: Make pot legal! ()
Date: August 04, 2014 05:04PM

I agree synthetic and opiates are bad. Stick to pot.

Posted by: momma ()
Date: August 04, 2014 11:07PM

You are an incredibly arrogant, cold hearted, self righteous creep. You must not have very many friends. I don't know why anyone would want to hang out with the likes of you. Judgmental bastard.

Posted by: momma ()
Date: August 04, 2014 11:09PM

My message was for "Herb Spencer" in case he couldn't figure that one out.

Posted by: angie86 ()
Date: August 05, 2014 09:22AM

Momma,
Herb may be all of the above, I don't know. But he's correct that its really a stupid thing to do.

Posted by: Pamela J ()
Date: August 06, 2014 10:31AM

White People.

Posted by: timmy Leary ()
Date: August 06, 2014 01:21PM

Who cares? Losers and morons use drugs.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.