HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So, I just ordered a drone...errr, I mean a quad-copter with an HD camera mounted on it.
Posted by: 7thColumn ()
Date: July 31, 2014 12:36PM

Can someone post a link to a map showing the DC area and where I can and can't operate my quad-copter? I live in a hi-rise in Rosslyn so, I'm hoping for some epic flights and footage...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So, I just ordered a drone...errr, I mean a quad-copter with an HD camera mounted on it.
Posted by: Dog is My Copilot ()
Date: July 31, 2014 04:36PM

You should try to get some close-ups of planes landing at National Airport. From Rosslyn, this should be pretty easy. Get that drone right up in the landing path and let the hijinks begin! Do it! DO IT!

Re: So, I just ordered a drone...errr, I mean a quad-copter with an HD camera mounted on it.
Posted by: Hassan the Bad ()
Date: July 31, 2014 04:59PM

Could you get a photo of the White House for me? It's ok to fly there as long as you don't cross the fence, but you can get very, very close to the fence without problems, Just make sure to wave and smile to the guards so that they see that you are an American so they won't give you any trouble.

The photo is for my scrapbook of famous places!

Posted by: Timmmay Hall ()
Date: July 31, 2014 05:00PM

Can you get a pic of my grave?

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: July 31, 2014 07:02PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2014 07:16PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Radian ()
Date: July 31, 2014 07:28PM

Posted by: Sheeeeet! ()
Date: July 31, 2014 09:42PM

Join the NAACP and no one will tell you that you can't fly it anywhere! If they does, ya'll just play the race card - it works ebery time!

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 31, 2014 10:14PM

superdave_event_main.jpg

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2015 06:09PM by WingNut.

Posted by: quadcopter hobbiest ()
Date: July 31, 2014 10:19PM

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

The roof architecture is just lovely!

Posted by: Viktor Bilenko ()
Date: July 31, 2014 11:15PM

I'd bet you'd get some hilarious reactions if you took a peek inside the Dulles Air Traffic Control Tower.

Posted by: vMvwn ()
Date: August 01, 2014 09:10PM

almost 99% of the county is legal to fly and record

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.