HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Shorter Marilyn Foust: Women need more access to their doctors, unless they're on Medicaid and their doctor is me.
Posted by: Dr. Foust ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:20PM

The wife of 10th District Democrat aspirant John Foust is a doctor who doesn’t accept Medicaid patients. You would think that the Foust campaign would be wary about trying to play the women’s health card, considering she is an OBGYN who only caters to the wealthy and well-insured.

Instead, we find Mrs. Foust sending fundraising emails like this:

As an OBGYN, it’s imperative that any representative I vote for knows that a politician’s place is NOT between a woman and her doctor.

Lucky for me, I married John. He understands exactly that! He would never interfere with that relationship or try and make a woman’s choice for her.

But, we’ve seen what John’s opponent would do if elected to Congress: she wants to turn back the clock on women’s healthcare rights.

That’s what’s at stake in this year’s election. The women of Northern Virginia can’t afford a representative like Barbara Comstock.

While Marilyn Foust is turning down low-income patients for appointments centered around women’s health, Comstock has proposed common sense reforms to strengthen quality of care and access to women’s health.

Comstock supports reforming Medicaid to create a working system with a higher quality of care for Virginia women. Comstock supports sensible safety and health standards at women’s health clinics. Comstock even supports over the counter access to basic types of birth control for adult women.

Foust, on the other hand, supports expanding a broken health system which wouldn’t offer women quality care. Foust opposes common sense health standards at clinics, leaving Virginia women at risk. Foust even supports Obamacare, the ultimate way of putting the government between a woman and her doctor.

I don’t quite understand this pitch. The tone deaf hypocrisy is glaring.

http://jhpolitics.com/2014/07/virginia-fousts-wife-ignores-medicaid-hypocrisy-in-fundraising-pitch/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shorter Marilyn Foust: Women need more access to their doctors, unless they're on Medicaid and their doctor is me.
Posted by: limo lib-o-crites ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:29PM

Dr. Foust Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I don’t quite understand this pitch. The tone
> deaf hypocrisy is glaring.
>

Ya think?

Re: Shorter Marilyn Foust: Women need more access to their doctors, unless they're on Medicaid and their doctor is me.
Posted by: Wait a Sec ()
Date: July 30, 2014 01:57PM

But I read on Fairfax Underground that these Foust fundraising letters were made up! How dare someone post them to another website.

Could it be that Act Blue is writing these letters without checking with the Foust campaign (if there even is a Foust campaign).

Posted by: Foust Campaign Blue to Red ()
Date: July 30, 2014 02:27PM

There's a Foust campaign? First time I've heard about this.

Posted by: Not News ()
Date: July 30, 2014 04:43PM

Most liberals are flaming hypocrites and pathological liars. No news there.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.