HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McDonnell trial excuse: Maureen had a crush on Jonnie
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: July 29, 2014 10:25PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McDonnell trial excuse: Maureen had a crush on Jonnie
Posted by: All GOP Lies AGAIN ()
Date: July 30, 2014 11:42AM

I love this excuse as to why they couldn't of been using the governors office for bribes. Why...? Because they had marriage problems.

What type of idiot lawyer thought up this defense????

Such a happy God fearing church going republican family.
Attachments:
mcdonnnelfam.jpg

Date: July 30, 2014 11:47AM

She had Jonnie hand deliver the Governor a corporate white Ferrari for him to drive around while they were enjoying a getaway at Jonnie's vacation home.

Doesn't sound like marriage problems and a crush she had on Jonnie. It's a desperate legal defense and it's embarrassing for the state.

Posted by: Sickening ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:15PM

“Bob McDonnell eats Virginia ham. He drinks Virginia wine. And my guess is, if the man smoked, he’d smoke Virginia cigarettes.” - McDonnell defense attorney

Pathetic. Bob McDonnell has no shame. I can't believe he is throwing his wife under the bus like this - for a defense that has no credibility whatsoever. Maybe Maureen needs a transvaginal ultrasound to put her in her place. What a horrible example these people are setting for their kids.

Posted by: Follishness ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:16PM

So what's to stop the prosectution from using this to further it's case. That their motives to the gift giving scandal WAS their marriage was falling apart.

Posted by: WUT? ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:27PM

^ If you're going to present an argument, please make it coherent.

Posted by: Prosecution ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:45PM

WUT? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^ If you're going to present an argument, please
> make it coherent.

McDonnell's gift giving was an attempt to save a failing marriage.

Posted by: come again ()
Date: July 30, 2014 12:54PM

Prosecution Wrote:
> WUT? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ^ If you're going to present an argument,
> please
> > make it coherent.
>
> McDonnell's gift giving was an attempt to save a
> failing marriage.

Well then how is that bribery for public actions?

Posted by: a bridge to sell you ()
Date: July 30, 2014 01:10PM

You mean the defense is that Maureen was so depressed by her husband's lack of attention (possibly to the point of temporary insanity) that she could not recognize that gifts like these could be perceived as bribes? She thought these gifts were romantic overtures and nothing else?

Posted by: CH3NO2 ()
Date: July 30, 2014 02:36PM

This is what's known as a hail mary defense strategy. They have nothing else so they throw a bomb into the end zone hoping for a tipped ball.

If she was so out of love with her husband, why did she get Williams to pay for an expensive Rolex watch for her to give to him for his birthday?

How does Williams paying for expensive golf trips for McDonnell and his sons have anything to do with Maureen having a crush on him?

Did the McDonnell's hire first year law graduates to defend them?

Posted by: well, duh ()
Date: July 30, 2014 02:45PM

CH3NO2 Wrote:
> If she was so out of love with her husband, why
> did she get Williams to pay for an expensive Rolex
> watch for her to give to him for his birthday?

To cover it up.

> How does Williams paying for expensive golf trips
> for McDonnell and his sons have anything to do
> with Maureen having a crush on him?

To get Bob and the boys out of the mansion and Maureen to himself.

Posted by: a question ()
Date: July 30, 2014 03:10PM

What did JOhnnie get in exchange?

Posted by: Masters & Johnson ()
Date: July 30, 2014 03:49PM

In exchange for all the gifts he bestowed upon Gov. SpongeBob and his hooker-wife, Jonnie received a PUSSY cat and DOME lights. Plus a paper bag to put over her face.

Posted by: what did he give Jonnie ()
Date: July 30, 2014 04:25PM

I think it is creepy and sleezy. However, if Williams did not get quid pro quo, then this is a bogus trial. Pure politics.

Posted by: Sentence them ()
Date: July 30, 2014 04:32PM

They have a ton of documents showing the exchange of gifts, emails and tapes.

McDonnells gooses are cooked. Just a question of how many months or years.

In the end it makes a mockery of Virginia like Rep. Gov Christies bridge scandal.

Posted by: response to "sentence them" ()
Date: July 30, 2014 04:33PM

Okay, I get that McDonnells got gifts. What did Williams get in exchange besides access?

Posted by: Partay! ()
Date: July 30, 2014 04:37PM

response to "sentence them" Wrote:
> Okay, I get that McDonnells got gifts. What did
> Williams get in exchange besides access?

No gifts to public employees. It's illegal. That's called bribes.

Williams was offered access to meetings, use of the governors mansion and VA state funded parties.

Posted by: Graft Man ()
Date: July 30, 2014 05:08PM

Ferraris, yachts, Rolex watches... what does it matter? His sixty attorneys have an airtight alibi: the sex-starved, craven, unfaithful wifey defense! I feel so sorry for this henpecked, cheated-on loser! This trial is already over -- Graft Man wins!

His legal defense -- "My wife was a whore and I didn't know it."

Posted by: good one ()
Date: July 30, 2014 06:23PM

"In exchange for all the gifts he bestowed upon Gov. SpongeBob and his hooker-wife, Jonnie received a PUSSY cat and DOME lights. Plus a paper bag to put over her face."

ROFL +1

Posted by: willliams ()
Date: July 30, 2014 06:43PM

Williams will testify under immunity - get the popcorn out this should be good.

Posted by: Virginia's Comedy ()
Date: July 30, 2014 08:20PM

willliams Wrote:
> Williams will testify under immunity - get the
> popcorn out this should be good.

This shit just got really funny.

So William's says "She said she was broke but could help me. I asked McDonnell first before I gave her the $64,000 check. I would never do that without asking a married woman's husband first."

Get ready for Virginia's new comedy show.

Posted by: jonnie's immunity ()
Date: July 30, 2014 09:23PM

Jonnie was granted immunity from securities fraud by DOJ (which has nothing to do with this case). Talk about quid prop quo.......

Posted by: Trolling Democrat Bait ()
Date: July 30, 2014 10:44PM

>In exchange for all the gifts he bestowed upon Gov. SpongeBob and his hooker-wife, Jonnie received a PUSSY cat and DOME lights. Plus a paper bag to put over her face.

You are an asshole but I will say your a funny one. The "paper bag gag is breaking me up" "Gov SpongeBob"" LOL! Hooker wife!!

If convicted and fined a bit of club fed thats enough, big deal I say to the whole thing compared to what Obamas been doing with the constitution and how Putin's shitting on his face because hes been dissed by the world as a leader.

World ?? Dissed ?? And the majority of the country now as well.

Had to throw all that in as bait for the Real Asshole here to bite on.. The Party line Dem Cap Hill Staffer.. Im trolling fo a sucker...

Date: July 31, 2014 12:17AM

I'm here!!!!!

Posted by: Sorry Wrong Suckr ()
Date: July 31, 2014 12:28AM

No "Gerry" as much heat as you get least you are civil.

Im trolling fo a "Asshole Sighting" Asshole Report, LOL, Actually , To See how much LOL Dem Hack Party Line Hill Staffer foul mouth I can read for laughs.

You Know the Goober asshole one..AKA fuckwad,Dummy, other interesting names..

Posted by: 6 Months ()
Date: July 31, 2014 09:10AM

I'm guessing McDonnell will get 2 years with 1 year dismissed. Probably serve 6 months.

Date: July 31, 2014 10:16AM

Heard Jonnie testified yesterday. He said he wouldn't give a married woman gifts without asking her husband which he did. He said he was promised a return for his gifts with getting his pharmaceutical products studied and approved by the state. He's said Maureen would consistently push the limits of his "generosity."

McDonnell's defense responded with Jonnie is a liar and a master con artist and completely had Maureen love struck with his manipulative ways lmao, and the Governor hadn't a clue.

Posted by: So Embarassing This Is! ()
Date: July 31, 2014 10:46AM

So Sad that "SpongeBob" came down like this I voted for him thought he was a good guy, He was in many ways, but if a mans going to be bribed my god let it be from a major player, Not some off the wall food suppliment with a CEO named "Johnny" Thats No Respect Man!

Now he has to live with his new FXU bestowed name "Gov SpongeBob" for sponging off Johnny, thats worse then some Club Fed time! with those other Govs from Illinois.

Posted by: OurGOV ()
Date: July 31, 2014 10:53AM

Between rejecting expanding Medicaid 'on principal;' transvaginal ultrasounds and our McDonnell I have to admit we live in one of the stupidest states in the union...

Posted by: Peanut ()
Date: July 31, 2014 10:54AM

Graft Man Wrote:
> His legal defense -- "My wife was a whore and I
> didn't know it."

+1

Posted by: Bob small fry, Obama big fish ()
Date: July 31, 2014 10:58AM

Gerald,

I agree McDonnells were sleazy. If found criminally so, then I'm perfectly happy for them to go to jail. And, of course, politicians in every party are sleazy.

What should concern you (and every Virginian) more is the systematic looting of the rule of law and the Constitution by the Obama administration.

Where is the criminal investigation of the IRS? You have to admit the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming by all standards. Where is the criminal investigation of the VA? Veterans died. That's a fact, only the number is in question. Illegal acts happened. Where is the Justice Department? Instead, Obama prejudges the IRS scandal, claiming in February that there was not a smidge of corruption.

How can the public have faith in AG Eric Holder, when the man who appointed him declares there is no reason for an investigation, before investigating.

This matters to you, and me, because there will not always be an extreme liberal in the White House. What if a social conservative is elected and declares it just "commonsense" that abortion is murder, Congress won't act, so I have to declare it illegal, asking what can I do, Congress is not doing its job? Would you be fine with that?

What if that president orders a massive military strike on another country and declares, well Congress wouldn't act, this was commonsense, so I did it? Would you be fine with that?

Again, I'm happy for the McDonnells to go to jail if they are found guilty. They are disgraced. But that's run-of-the-mill corruption. What is happening in Washington is threatening the foundation of our republic.

Posted by: its easy to forget ()
Date: July 31, 2014 11:17AM

Bob small fry, Obama big fish Wrote:
>> This matters to you, and me, because there will
> not always be an extreme liberal (LOL) in the White
> House. What if a social conservative is elected
> and declares it just "commonsense" that abortion
> is murder, Congress won't act, so I have to
> declare it illegal, asking what can I do, Congress
> is not doing its job? Would you be fine with
> that?
>
> What if that president orders a massive military
> strike on another country and declares, well
> Congress wouldn't act, this was commonsense, so I
> did it? Would you be fine with that?
>
> Again, I'm happy for the McDonnells to go to jail
> if they are found guilty. They are disgraced. But
> that's run-of-the-mill corruption. What is
> happening in Washington is threatening the
> foundation of our republic.

Um this already did happen it was called George W. Bush.

War on bogus pretense "the British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa"
Terri Shivo,
The 2003 leak of Valerie Plame's identity as a covert operative in the CIA
L. Paul Bremer, the former head of reconstruction in Iraq, was unable to account for as much as $12 billion—about half of his budget
in 2004, Pentagon auditors found that Halliburton had not adequately accounted for $1.8 billion of the bill it sent to the United States government for its work in Iraq and Kuwait,
In 2002, Canadian citizen Maher Arar was detained at an airport in New York and spirited away to Syria, where he was tortured and held for 10 months by his captors before being returned home. Canadian officials investigated Arar's case, declared he was innocent, and paid him $9 million in compensation. American officials refused to admit the mistake and instead kept Arar on a terrorist watch list;
Bush announced the end of major combat operations in Iraq on May 1, 2003 Mission Accomplished
Hurricane Katrina in 2005
the market crash of 2008 requiring emergency government intervention and resulting in a long recession that the country is still climbing out of.

that is a very short list - its easy to forget how really bad things were under Bush/Cheney...

btw Obama is still well behind GW in executive orders http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

Posted by: Hamburglar ()
Date: July 31, 2014 01:37PM

Bob small fry, Obama big fish Wrote:
Again, I'm happy for the McDonnells to go to jail
> if they are found guilty. They are disgraced. But
> that's run-of-the-mill corruption. What is
> happening in Washington is threatening the
> foundation of our republic.

Agree with this point.

Posted by: Small fry ()
Date: July 31, 2014 02:27PM

its easy to forget wrote:

"Um this already did happen it was called George W. Bush.

War on bogus pretense "the British Government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa"
Terri Shivo,
The 2003 leak of Valerie Plame's identity as a covert operative in the CIA
L. Paul Bremer, the former head of reconstruction in Iraq, was unable to account for as much as $12 billion—about half of his budget
in 2004, Pentagon auditors found that Halliburton had not adequately accounted for $1.8 billion of the bill it sent to the United States government for its work in Iraq and Kuwait,
In 2002, Canadian citizen Maher Arar was detained at an airport in New York and spirited away to Syria, where he was tortured and held for 10 months by his captors before being returned home. Canadian officials investigated Arar's case, declared he was innocent, and paid him $9 million in compensation. American officials refused to admit the mistake and instead kept Arar on a terrorist watch list;
Bush announced the end of major combat operations in Iraq on May 1, 2003 Mission Accomplished
Hurricane Katrina in 2005
the market crash of 2008 requiring emergency government intervention and resulting in a long recession that the country is still climbing out of.

that is a very short list - its easy to forget how really bad things were under Bush/Cheney..."

Why does every defense of Barack Obama begin, "Well, George W. Bush . . ." I also think Bush was a failure as president. We can talk about him, but the issues raised about Obama's imperial rule are more pressing. What is your response to the points made?

Does anyone else get the feeling Obama could walk around using a taser on every dog and cat that he saw, while laughing gleefully, and his supporters would defend him, arguing that Bush's bombs killed more Iraqi dogs than Obama's taser?

The number of executive orders is meaningless. A president could issue 20 executive orders regarding the fabric used in federal law enforcement uniforms or 1 executive order making all current residents of the U.S. citizens of the U.S. Which would be a bigger deal, the 20 or the 1?

Posted by: Focus, People ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:05PM

^ This thread is not about Bush or Obama. Please stop trying to hijack it.

Posted by: wakitywank ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:05PM

Ex Gov Mcbribe and his wife need some time in prison.

Posted by: Embarrassed Virginian ()
Date: July 31, 2014 05:01PM

wakitywank Wrote:
> Ex Gov Mcbribe and his wife need some time in
> prison.

I think we can all agree that having McBribe followed by K Street lobbyist Terry McAwful in the governor's mansion, with Pelosi lapdog Gerry Connolly on national TV claiming that all the crashed IRS hard drives are the result of Republicans not approving enough money, is an embarrassment to Virginia. Remember, McAwful wrote in his book that a governor's office is great because you have so much patronage to sell.

Posted by: I don't understand ()
Date: July 31, 2014 05:09PM

I still don't understand why DOJ is pursuing this--but not pursuing a REAL federal crime: selling visas.

Posted by: Ive Got That Feeling Deep Inside ()
Date: July 31, 2014 07:42PM

Of Me

>Does anyone else get the feeling Obama could walk around using a taser on every dog and cat that he saw, while laughing gleefully, and his supporters would defend him, arguing that Bush's bombs killed more Iraqi dogs than Obama's taser?

And Obama could rob liquor stores and gas stations on live TV and the Democrats in the Senate would not vote for impeachment and that shows how evil and sick they really have become and why they all should be thrown out in November 14

Posted by: What if ()
Date: July 31, 2014 08:07PM

Ive Got That Feeling Deep Inside Wrote:
> Of Me
>
> >Does anyone else get the feeling Obama could walk
> around using a taser on every dog and cat that he
> saw, while laughing gleefully, and his supporters
> would defend him, arguing that Bush's bombs killed
> more Iraqi dogs than Obama's taser?
>
> And Obama could rob liquor stores and gas stations
> on live TV and the Democrats in the Senate would
> not vote for impeachment and that shows how evil
> and sick they really have become and why they all
> should be thrown out in November 14

What if he invaded a country based on lies, would that be bad?

Date: July 31, 2014 08:13PM

"The prosecution’s star witness at the corruption trial of former Virginia governor Robert F. McDonnell (R) and his wife told jurors Thursday he had a simple reason for lavishing gifts on the first family: “Because they’re helping me.”

The prosecution should rest right now.

Posted by: Mushrooms Are Ok With Assholes ()
Date: July 31, 2014 08:34PM

>What if he invaded a country based on lies, would that be bad?

Asshole Not if the country was Iraq and Saddam was in charge refusing to go along with the inspection program for nukes after 911.

What if La or DC disappeared in a mushroom cloud would that be bad you dipshit?

Posted by: What if ()
Date: July 31, 2014 08:48PM

Mushrooms Are Ok With Assholes Wrote:
> >What if he invaded a country based on lies, would
> that be bad?
>
> Asshole Not if the country was Iraq and Saddam was
> in charge refusing to go along with the inspection
> program for nukes after 911.
>
> What if La or DC disappeared in a mushroom cloud
> would that be bad you dipshit?

He didn't have wmds, maybe you missed that part of the story.
We made it up......

Date: July 31, 2014 08:54PM

Hey troll, stop talking to yourself about the Iraq war you pathetic punk bitch.

This is a thread about the McDonnell trial.

Posted by: And You Are So Smart ()
Date: July 31, 2014 08:56PM

That you just knew that you useless hack.

And if shit hit the fan you would be the first to blame Bush..

Posted by: Thats Right ()
Date: July 31, 2014 08:58PM

Back on Subject with the SpongeBob Story

Date: July 31, 2014 09:01PM

I read they were passing around the Rolex today to the jurors. The prosecution is not playing around.

Date: July 31, 2014 09:06PM

This thing is blowing up on all the news publishers. Spongebob drew the line at Range Rovers and cars for their children. Maureen wanted to be flexin the fresh whips. He was smart enough to know how bad that would have looked it seems.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/07/31/bob-mcdonnell-corruption-trial/13401087/

Date: July 31, 2014 09:07PM

"As you sit here today, are you 100% sure that Governor McDonnell agreed to help your company because of the loans and gifts?" asked Bill Burck, Maureen McDonnell's defense lawyer.

"I am 100% sure," Williams said. "I believed that."

Damnnnn, Jonnie is putting the nail in the coffin.

Date: July 31, 2014 09:12PM

The infamous lake house and Ferrari.
Attachments:
Bt14zxHCUAALz8g.jpg
1406843924000-1073114mcdonnell-ferrari.jpg

Date: July 31, 2014 09:17PM

Photo gallery of images and documents released by the judge.

http://wtvr.com/2014/07/30/mcdonnell-evidence-release/

Posted by: Grateful ()
Date: July 31, 2014 09:32PM

What if Wrote:
> Ive Got That Feeling Deep Inside Wrote:
> -----
> > Of Me
> >
> > >Does anyone else get the feeling Obama could
> walk
> > around using a taser on every dog and cat that
> he
> > saw, while laughing gleefully, and his
> supporters
> > would defend him, arguing that Bush's bombs
> killed
> > more Iraqi dogs than Obama's taser?
> >
> > And Obama could rob liquor stores and gas
> stations
> > on live TV and the Democrats in the Senate
> would
> > not vote for impeachment and that shows how
> evil
> > and sick they really have become and why they
> all
> > should be thrown out in November 14
>
>
> What if he invaded a country based on lies, would
> that be bad?

Thank you for proving my point.

Posted by: Game over ()
Date: July 31, 2014 09:37PM

Their lawyers suck.

This is an ass kicking.

The picture in the Ferrari....put a fork in him he is done.

I do feel bad for the kids.

Date: July 31, 2014 10:25PM

Game over Wrote:
> >
> I do feel bad for the kids.

Why? Seems they were sponging too

Date: July 31, 2014 10:32PM

The kids were having a field day with food and drinks from the Governors mansion too. Stocking up and taking trips with the stuff. It was a family splurge. Movin on up, to the east side. We finally got a piece of the pie. Movin on up!!!

Posted by: Holder On ()
Date: August 01, 2014 12:31AM

Too bad the McDonnells didn't hire Eric Holder to represent them. You can get caught red-handed . . . hell, you can confess . . . and that guy will keep the pressure off.

Posted by: get the facts right, please ()
Date: August 01, 2014 12:25PM

Mushrooms Are Ok With Assholes Wrote:

>
> Asshole Not if the country was Iraq and Saddam was
> in charge refusing to go along with the inspection
> program for nukes after 911.
>
>

Stop watching Fox News. There were inspectors led by Hans Blix back on the ground just days before the war began. President Bush called them back for their own safety so Bush could begin the war.

BTW, new documents show that the motivation to go to war with Iraq was to get at their well under-utilized oil reserves. Documents from Dick Cheney's Energy Task Force secret meetings with oil executives show the planning to go into Iraq started well before 9-11, and was motivated by getting to oil reserves that were under-utilized because of sanctions on Iraq. Get rid of Saddam + replace the government=no more sanctions. These documents prove it was not about weapons, as we were told, it was about oil.

Posted by: Questioner ()
Date: August 01, 2014 12:38PM

get the facts right, please Wrote:
> Mushrooms Are Ok With Assholes Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > Asshole Not if the country was Iraq and Saddam
> was
> > in charge refusing to go along with the
> inspection
> > program for nukes after 911.
> >
> >
>
>
> Stop watching Fox News. There were inspectors led
> by Hans Blix back on the ground just days before
> the war began. President Bush called them back
> for their own safety so Bush could begin the war.
>
>
> BTW, new documents show that the motivation to go
> to war with Iraq was to get at their well
> under-utilized oil reserves. Documents from Dick
> Cheney's Energy Task Force secret meetings with
> oil executives show the planning to go into Iraq
> started well before 9-11, and was motivated by
> getting to oil reserves that were under-utilized
> because of sanctions on Iraq. Get rid of Saddam +
> replace the government=no more sanctions. These
> documents prove it was not about weapons, as we
> were told, it was about oil.

Get the facts right, this is a test. Please offer your analysis and opinion of the IRS scandal without any reference to George Bush or any name-calling. Your answer should include some sort of reasonable explanation for so many hard-drive failures, Obama's pre-judging of the scandal (not a smidge of corruption), the choice of an Obama supporter to head the investigation, and the Justice Department's "investigation" of the scandal. I just want to see the answer one time.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 01, 2014 01:01PM

Questioner Wrote:

> Get the facts right, this is a test. Please offer
> your analysis and opinion of the IRS scandal
> without any reference to George Bush or any
> name-calling

Why don't we move all of that to a more appropriate thread.

Posted by: clearing thigs up ()
Date: August 01, 2014 01:50PM

Questioner Wrote:
> get the facts right, please Wrote:
> -----
> > Mushrooms Are Ok With Assholes Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > Asshole Not if the country was Iraq and
> Saddam
> > was
> > > in charge refusing to go along with the
> > inspection
> > > program for nukes after 911.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > Stop watching Fox News. There were inspectors
> led
> > by Hans Blix back on the ground just days
> before
> > the war began. President Bush called them back
> > for their own safety so Bush could begin the
> war.
> >
> >
> > BTW, new documents show that the motivation to
> go
> > to war with Iraq was to get at their well
> > under-utilized oil reserves. Documents from
> Dick
> > Cheney's Energy Task Force secret meetings with
> > oil executives show the planning to go into
> Iraq
> > started well before 9-11, and was motivated by
> > getting to oil reserves that were
> under-utilized
> > because of sanctions on Iraq. Get rid of Saddam
> +
> > replace the government=no more sanctions.
> These
> > documents prove it was not about weapons, as we
> > were told, it was about oil.
>
> Get the facts right, this is a test. Please offer
> your analysis and opinion of the IRS scandal
> without any reference to George Bush or any
> name-calling. Your answer should include some sort
> of reasonable explanation for so many hard-drive
> failures, Obama's pre-judging of the scandal (not
> a smidge of corruption), the choice of an Obama
> supporter to head the investigation, and the
> Justice Department's "investigation" of the
> scandal. I just want to see the answer one time.

Actually, this thread is on the McDonnell's and not the IRS, but I will give.

The IRS "scandal" was about IRS employees doing their jobs. Political groups don't get to be tax exempt. Many political groups tried to get tax exempt status
claiming "some" of their money was for political and the rest for "education" and fund rasing. Turns out 85-95% of these groups expenditures were for political and fund raising.

Historically, in order to get tax exempt status, your mission needed to be a social welfare cause. The law said your expenditures had to be "exclusively"" on social welfare, and not political. In the 1950's, "exclusively" was interpreted to mean "primarily," and political activities were not considered in themselves to be "social welfare" activities. The law was clear, and then wording was changed to make it less clear. A 50 percent threshold on expenditure reporting had been used since then to make the distinction.

So, in 2009-10, here come these political groups wanting tax exempt status, when 90+% of their monetary activity is political and fundraising, and not social welfare. Of course the IRS scrutinized these groups.

Do you get it now? If you are spending millions of dollars on political activities, but you are not bettering society on the otherhand, why should you be tax exempt?

Posted by: Decrapitated ()
Date: August 01, 2014 02:04PM

get the facts right, please Wrote:
> > >
>
>
> Stop watching Fox News. There were inspectors led
> by Hans Blix back on the ground just days before
> the war began. President Bush called them back
> for their own safety so Bush could begin the war.
>
>
> BTW, new documents show that the motivation to go
> to war with Iraq was to get at their well
> under-utilized oil reserves. Documents from Dick
> Cheney's Energy Task Force secret meetings with
> oil executives show the planning to go into Iraq
> started well before 9-11, and was motivated by
> getting to oil reserves that were under-utilized
> because of sanctions on Iraq. Get rid of Saddam +
> replace the government=no more sanctions. These
> documents prove it was not about weapons, as we
> were told, it was about oil.

GET THE FUCK OUT

This thread is about Sponge Bob not Bush you stupid fucking lib.

Posted by: Partisan Parrots ()
Date: August 01, 2014 02:09PM

clearing thigs up Wrote:
>
> Actually, this thread is on the McDonnell's and
> not the IRS, but I will give.
>
> The IRS "scandal" was about IRS employees doing
> their jobs. Political groups don't get to be tax
> exempt. Many political groups tried to get tax
> exempt status
> claiming "some" of their money was for political
> and the rest for "education" and fund rasing.
> Turns out 85-95% of these groups expenditures were
> for political and fund raising.
>
> Historically, in order to get tax exempt status,
> your mission needed to be a social welfare cause.
> The law said your expenditures had to be
> "exclusively"" on social welfare, and not
> political. In the 1950's, "exclusively" was
> interpreted to mean "primarily," and political
> activities were not considered in themselves to be
> "social welfare" activities. The law was clear,
> and then wording was changed to make it less
> clear. A 50 percent threshold on expenditure
> reporting had been used since then to make the
> distinction.
>
> So, in 2009-10, here come these political groups
> wanting tax exempt status, when 90+% of their
> monetary activity is political and fundraising,
> and not social welfare. Of course the IRS
> scrutinized these groups.
>
> Do you get it now? If you are spending millions
> of dollars on political activities, but you are
> not bettering society on the otherhand, why
> should you be tax exempt?

Actually, that's pretty much completely wrong in all respects.

Posted by: What did he get ()
Date: August 01, 2014 02:10PM

So what deal did Jonnie get?

Date: August 01, 2014 02:11PM

What did he get Wrote:
> So what deal did Jonnie get?

Oh dear God can you not read?

He got access to the Gov office and all that includes. Power equals dollars douchebag.

Posted by: Sorry ()
Date: August 01, 2014 02:18PM

Sorry what I meant was what kind of plea deal did he get
Sorry

Date: August 01, 2014 02:25PM

I think he got full immunity

Posted by: 7Ewpk ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:16PM

personally i like seeing REAL people at the top with nice cars, like Licoln Continentals or what have you

what worries me is fucking illegals driving $50k lexus to their FCPS jobs ... who are then prosecuting Bob for what isn't even against the law. taking gifts and NOT doing anything in exchange for them

---------------------
ferrari used to be hand built and extreme

today ferrari are off the line and LESS EXPENSIVE THAN LUXURY ASIAN CARS LIKE LEXUS $70k +

same thing happened to jaguar if anyone noticed

fact is todays Ford Escort, while having diff design goals ...

has better parts, suspention and all, than yesterdays Porche - and some of the ideas were taken from extereme cars - infact that's one claim to fame the race circuit had - to make production cars bullet proof

the "privelage" of driving a small sports line production car: definitely not the big deal people would point it out to be. but very nice looking on the avenue none the less

===========================
bob may have passed the torch to mcauliff or gotten too much gift (which is legal as long as he doesn't wontonly let people rape the treasury or rights of citizens)

but my worry is about county exec. who tell gov's to fuck off, who buy 4 car garages and skip court and have a ferrari dealership in their back yard

THAT'S FAIRFAX COUNTY if your not paying attention

Posted by: v4MWu ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:29PM

there are thieving auto service writers contractors gov workers who are low on the totem poll of life that get away with shit due to fx co helping them ...

driving things that are above the league of ferrari
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: yU4MV ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:40PM

thomas jefferson continually had people writing him to buy and promote stuff.

he was ever so sly in dodging them, while himself looking for funding he was short on - continually complaining of it.

and thomas, far as i know, rejected nothing offered for free and or in honor of his services (nor was he offered very much, other than his gov job, if i remember)

--------------------
a gov ought not become rich by cheating the people he servers

as far as we know, while bob did get nicer gifts than thomas jeffersons, he did nothing wrong to get them

unlike the business being done in fairfax, which is continaully breaking laws to get ...

nicer shit than bob has

------------------
i think it's a shame he didn't continue his medical sales business and earn more that way

OH BTW. how much $$ did he start with ? those gifts aside ?

if i got "possibly" a $256k gift could i go buy a ferrari, mcmansion and yacht ?

no - it'd get re-po'ed ina few years. obviously those purchases are not all from the gift money

not all from the gift money like you all are suggesting.

==========================
if you ask me all public servants should be on lower income

so if we look at some fire chief making $400k / yr that's $300/yr more than he should have got as a doctor if a doctor

which is more than bob , a GOVERNOR , got as a gift

infact the principle of VCU if i remember got $1,000,000 / yr which is outstandingly higher than bob. i wonder at the board of visistors and why bob didn't find out about it nad have her arrested

a bean counter public servant making $1,000,000 and i'm not even starting on loan structuring to non-citizens to keep the pyramid scheme going there ...

Posted by: WVL3n ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:48PM

the more they investigate Bob the more his "unionized democrat employees lying to him" begin to stink, and the better he looks, infact
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: pdjeF ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:49PM

saintly compared to the people accusing him

Posted by: mchTw ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:51PM

now that you have him in court - hope he doesn't press cross-charges against democrats

because when you force someoen into court with criminal charges - you invite charges going the other way

that is the law

Posted by: d644J ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:55PM

he was the sitting governor and forced out by democrats - his employees so to speak

there isn't a question if they forced him into criminal court and ousted a governor

no question at all

they'd better hope bob doesn't highlight the crap they've been pulling

i'll be dissapointed if he doesn't.

Posted by: Cut the Crap! ()
Date: August 01, 2014 09:05PM

Sven, take your meds.

Posted by: Dont See It! Overblown Case ()
Date: August 01, 2014 10:35PM

I see the gifts but where the offical business directed help from SpongeBob to Johnny?

I have not seen it. As SpongeBob has said it was not illegal under Va law to be gifted by Johnny.

A couple of memo's saying look at Johnnys business and see what hes got?? So What! Every Gov in every state scatches backs all the time. Was not Star a Va business?

I think the Govt. has bullshit on SpongeBob..But that will be his name anyway from now on. Not the lame Gov McBribe, That name is already reserved for another Gov at a future possible date depending on circumstances thay may occur.

"SpongeBob" Bestowed on him by FXU Wiseguys. And Funny as hell! Wait till the rest of the state hears it.

Date: August 01, 2014 10:42PM

The official name is Spongebob McBribe.

Posted by: Ladies And Gentlemen ()
Date: August 01, 2014 10:51PM

May I have your attention please.

The Offical name of the 71st Governor of The Commonwealth of Virginia is

"SpongeBob McBribe"

Now it is seconded and Official for all Google Searchers

Posted by: Given to Him By ()
Date: August 01, 2014 10:58PM

"Crabby Pants" July 30th 2014 3:29 PM on Fairfax Underground .

A name that will live in Infamy in the history of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Posted by: New Va State Song ()
Date: August 01, 2014 11:13PM

"He Stayed At Johnny's Smith Mountain Lake Digs"

"SpongeBob McBribe"

"And rode back to Richmond in Johnnys Ferrari For Kicks"

"SpongeBob McBribe"

Chorus

"SpongeBob McBribe"

"SpingeBob McBribe"

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: August 01, 2014 11:39PM

Gerry is not funny. McDonnell is a saint compared to Fast Terry, Ken Cucinelli should be our Gov. the election was rigged. Cheaters never win and winners never cheat.

Date: August 02, 2014 12:43AM

McBribe 2016
Attachments:
4_-_Me_Money.png
get money.gif
tumblr_lxn7prRRxK1qbtwyto1_500.jpg
mcspongebob0329.gif
9780307976345_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Date: August 02, 2014 12:57AM

Bob the president might have happened if Obama didnt sic his dogs on him. Obama is afraid of real leaders. Obama is not a leader, He is a shill, just like you Gerry.

Date: August 02, 2014 01:02AM

still sucking gerrys nut? you are a huge fanboy to be so devoted to your one love

make sure to scroll down and look for EVERY GERRY POST so you can respond to your hero

Date: August 02, 2014 08:43AM

Good Morning FFXU!
Attachments:
morning.jpg
giphy.gif

Posted by: Just dumb really ()
Date: August 02, 2014 10:44AM

Bob McDonnell is at least guilty of being stupid. Does it ever look good for an elected official to show off expensive luxury items (like the Rolex) when cuts are being made to the university system, etc. (and we just had a huge recession)? It reminds me of when Mitt wanted to bet 10K with one of the other Republican candidates during a debate or when he mentioned all of his wife's cars. It's just stupid stuff to do.

Posted by: gonegirl ()
Date: August 02, 2014 10:55AM

Thank you FFXU for this beautiful new name.

Your name is no longer Governor Ultrasound. (Though you may still occasonally be refered to as Transvaginal Bob)

You will now answer to SpongeBob McBribe. Now we need names for Maureen and Jonnie. Get on it, FFXU!

Date: August 02, 2014 11:05AM

Hey Gerry, still not funny, you should stick with stupid. Stupid is your strong point.

Date: August 02, 2014 12:56PM

Jonnie didn't do as well on cross examination. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this plays out.

Posted by: VDFbj ()
Date: August 02, 2014 01:08PM

once again. the few 10s of thousands they complained of as stolen

DO NOT ADD UP TO a ferarri, house, and yacht

they complained he had money - but never even touched the subject that he had cheated the taxpayer out of any money in any way. they never touched the subject of gifts being illegal

also, it was no a political campaign fund mis-collected or mis-spent - that also was not an allegation

-----------------------
bob should counter sue

Posted by: read the indictment ()
Date: August 02, 2014 01:21PM

You are correct that this is not about taxpayer money. It is about bribery and corruption. Read the indictment in the article below:

http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-mcdonnell-indicted-corruption-charges-wife-2014-1

Posted by: A Question ()
Date: August 02, 2014 01:56PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Jonnie didn't do as well on cross examination. It
> will be interesting to see how the rest of this
> plays out.

What happened?

Posted by: underground reader ()
Date: August 02, 2014 02:10PM

Prediction:
unless the jurors are extremely partisan, McDonnell will not be found guilty. What did JOnnie get in return?

Posted by: Bo Bo Bobby ()
Date: August 02, 2014 03:00PM

The governor's promotion of a failed nutritional supplement. Lack of success doesn't matter because what if Star Scientific turned out to be Pfizer? Consideration was still given in exchange for cash and gifts.

Posted by: virginia business ()
Date: August 02, 2014 03:04PM

You do know that part of a governor's job is to promote Virgnia business, don't you?

Date: August 02, 2014 03:14PM

A Question Wrote:
> Bill.N. Wrote:
> -----
> > Jonnie didn't do as well on cross examination.
> It
> > will be interesting to see how the rest of this
> > plays out.
>
> What happened?

It would probably be better to read it yourself. Here is one report: http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/virginia-politics/williams-back-on-stand-for-cross-examination/article_6f331860-197c-11e4-b18e-0017a43b2370.html

Posted by: biz ()
Date: August 02, 2014 03:15PM

Yes, but was this done in exchange for cash and gifts?

That is what the jury will have to decide.

Posted by: Threesome Gov ()
Date: August 04, 2014 12:20PM

The surest path to staying out of jail – for both McDonnells – is convincing the jury that the neglected first lady let herself be showered with gifts while her husband contended with a wife who said she “hated him.” That's hardly a fun argument to sell to a courtroom.

God this is embarrassing for VA!

Posted by: Refugee ()
Date: August 04, 2014 02:13PM

What do you mean, what did he get? SpongeBob set him up a meeting with the head of Health and Human Services, tried to convince other officials to get Va state employees to take his snake oil, Maureen flew to Florida to promote his stuff, they had a launch at the governors mansion for his product...

Yeah I get the gov is supposed to promote VA business, but who else did he do all that for? You can' t tell me he would have done all that for just anyone. It's not like they were old friends. He did it b/c of all the favors and loans he was sponging off Jonnie. Mabye Jonnie got the short end of the stick in the bargain, but he exchanged gifts and money for the backing of the governor's office. That is what you call Quid Pro Quo. Guilty.

Posted by: Tom Collins ()
Date: August 04, 2014 02:18PM

Threesome Gov Wrote:
> The surest path to staying out of jail – for
> both McDonnells – is convincing the jury that
> the neglected first lady let herself be showered
> with gifts while her husband contended with a wife
> who said she “hated him.” That's hardly a fun
> argument to sell to a courtroom.
>
> God this is embarrassing for VA!

Yeah this isn't going to work, because the gov himself got loans to pay his mortgages, vacations, Ferrari rides, golf games, and, of course, the Rolex. Someone who is having an affair doesn't run out and buy engraved Rolex's for the mistress's husband.

I find it hilarious that the McDonnell's were two peas in a pod up until this trial. They were holding hands in January. All of a sudden they are on the brink of divorce? This is a desperate, Hail Mary defense.

Date: August 04, 2014 02:31PM

He forced out the sitting State Health Commissioner and replaced that person with someone he rented one of his properties too. Does that have anything to do with this case? Spongebob was a very busy man indeed.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/special-section/gifts-scandal/mcdonnell-renting-house-to-state-health-commissioner/article_798b37c9-abf4-5f22-a90a-46c5e3ecd524.html
Attachments:
Mr._Krabs_Giving_SpongeBob_Money.png

Posted by: wwHmH ()
Date: August 05, 2014 05:00PM

Meanwhile, Democrat favorite Hillary Clinton has accepted millions in bribes (not a little watch).

Hillary Clinton has been on her pig belly snorting dollar bills since 1989.

Yet, Democrats want to worry about a rolex watch.

Local Democrat Pig Jim Moran was convicted of accepting cash from corrupt land dealers. Yet Democrats stuck by him.

Name me a Democrat, and you are naming a corrupt government tit-sucker.

My bet is that Bob McDonnell will be acquitted.

Oh, by the way, you want to know who the Democrat bag man was for millions in corrupt dollars during the 1990s: TERRY MCAULIFFE.

Oh, that's right, you Democrat idiots don't even know who he is.

Posted by: Sane ()
Date: August 28, 2014 10:29PM

I have to agree with the previous poster. If the jury members even have half a brain, McDonnell will be acquitted. The evidence being used against him is so lame it borders on laughable......I'm surprised it hasn't already been dismissed as a frivolous prosecution. With his wife, though, it may be a different story. She seems to have been a classic Shop-a-Holic, obsessed with accumulating gifts and luxuries. McDonnell himself didn't have time for that kind of nonsense....he was too busy actually governing.

McDonnell's own attorney admits guilt in closing arugment
Posted by: joe09f4 ()
Date: August 29, 2014 05:42PM

McDonnell defense attorney Henry “Hank” Asbill is quoted in the Washington Post, “One way or another, with or without resorting to crime, he finds a way to get it done, and get it done on time.”

By saying explicitly in the closing arguments "WITH or without RESORTING TO CRIME," which in essence means that McDonnell's own defense attorney is admitting to guilt, right there, plain as day, in the closing argument.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog-live/liveblog/updates-day-25-of-the-mcdonnell-corruption-trial/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.