HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mr.Yost Woodson Principal
Posted by: Woodson student ()
Date: July 29, 2014 09:31PM

any reason why he didn't get fired yet? I mean any reason why he wasn't "promoted" yet to the gatehouse?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mr.Yost Woodson Principal
Posted by: Observing ()
Date: July 29, 2014 11:02PM

Because too many parents, teachers, and administrators send letters to the Superintendent's Office praising Mr. Yost and his staff. Especially the parents who publicly thanked him for his help when they were in difficult circumstances.

If you want him gone, you will have to do the same. Can't be anonymous, but they do keep the letters confidential.

Good luck.

Posted by: Superintendent Chalmers ()
Date: July 29, 2014 11:31PM

What would he be fired for? He didn't kill those kids.

Posted by: the facts ()
Date: July 30, 2014 07:30AM

He needs to quit paying people's personal parking tickets out of public funds. See parking pass slush fund thread.
Attachments:
Woodson Tickets.pdf

Date: July 30, 2014 08:27AM

In the unlikely event that you aren't following the parking pass saga, here is the accounting data to show that the tickets were paid out of public funds. It was three band clinicians who CHOSE to illegally park in a fire lane on school grounds. The tickets were turned in to the front office(!) and they were covered by public funds. What kind of immature person would even think of not paying their own parking tickets (let alone THREE people), and expect the school system to take money away from supporting programs for the children I will never know.

School was not in session. There should have been plenty of open parking available. I drive by Woodson all the time and took a tour of the grounds. There are a lot of yellow curbs and signs, but plenty of parking fairly close by.

They were paid on 8/27/2013.

These citizens need to pull out their checkbooks. Either that, or the principal does.
Attachments:
Woodson - ECA.pdf

Posted by: Woodson Student ()
Date: July 30, 2014 08:41PM

Are you saying the school should have paid the parking tickets for the drivers or not? It's not clear.

And, does the Po Po regularly hang out at school during the summer anyhow? How would they have known to come by and write the tickets if no on called?

Posted by: peter pumpkin eater ()
Date: July 30, 2014 10:31PM

This is what is going on.

You can't use public funds to pay personal obligations. A parking ticket is a personal obligation. The school paid the parking tickets. It is like using public funds to pay somebody's personal electric bill, only worse, because these three people broke the law and the principal approved public funds to cover their personal obligations due to that.

This is illegal. This is really bad.

Posted by: FOIA? ()
Date: July 30, 2014 10:47PM

peter pumpkin eater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is what is going on.
>
> You can't use public funds to pay personal
> obligations. A parking ticket is a personal
> obligation. The school paid the parking tickets.
> It is like using public funds to pay somebody's
> personal electric bill, only worse, because these
> three people broke the law and the principal
> approved public funds to cover their personal
> obligations due to that.
>
> This is illegal. This is really bad.

DID YOU GET THE buudget by a foia report?

Posted by: kk ()
Date: July 30, 2014 10:49PM

the facts Wrote:
> He needs to quit paying people's personal parking
> tickets out of public funds. See parking pass
> slush fund thread.

My guess it was a people unloading items for the 2013- 2014 school year.

Posted by: Woodson Student ()
Date: July 30, 2014 11:27PM

peter pumpkin eater Wrote:
> This is what is going on.
>
> You can't use public funds to pay personal
> obligations. A parking ticket is a personal
> obligation. The school paid the parking tickets.
> It is like using public funds to pay somebody's
> personal electric bill, only worse, because these
> three people broke the law and the principal
> approved public funds to cover their personal
> obligations due to that.
>
> This is illegal. This is really bad.

Sounds more like just a mistake in judgment, like he didn't know that was the case. Hardly seems like justification to shit can him.

Posted by: Pumpkin Crusher ()
Date: July 31, 2014 12:11AM

You been pushing this crap for a year and now you come here looking for support? Fuck yourself, and your wimp of a kid too.

Posted by: spartanjoke ()
Date: July 31, 2014 09:03AM

FCPS admins do whatever they want to do. The clown at West Springfield just got 'reassigned' to a Gatehouse job where the lucky taxpayers of Fairfax will continue to pay him. Yost is no different. If they find this is a pattern of behavior they will give him a raise and get him out of the school. Taxpayers rejoice!

Posted by: Principal Watcher ()
Date: July 31, 2014 11:24AM

spartanjoke Wrote:
> FCPS admins do whatever they want to do.

It's more of a balancing act. Those principals who toe the Gatehouse line are often despised by the the students, teachers, and parents of their schools. Every decision is made with a "What would Gatehouse want" so little true innovation or outside-the-box events are allowed. Yet they safely do their time as an administrator and move on, leaving the plain white institutional walls behind them as their legacy.

Other principals take a "I'm in command of this ship" approach. They are often seen out and about on campus, rather than secluded in their office under a pile of administrative paperwork. These principals are more likely to find creative solutions to enhance the school's mission and its population. Even with the many edicts and watchdogs, both inside and outside the system, they still take these risks. These principals are often fondly remembered for being a part of the classes that graduate each year, rather than a monarch who just sits above it all.

I don't know why three "band clinicians" parked in the fire lane that day, but apparently the principal decided the right thing to do was to pay their tickets. Obviously, at least one person believes this is a decision for which he should be fired. Most others don't care.

Posted by: wkodi ()
Date: July 31, 2014 02:31PM

if the principal wants to help these people out he needs to pay the tickets out of his checking account, not ours. Next thing you know we will be helping with car payments. they were violating county laws on public property he was responsible for.

Posted by: Principal in Waiting ()
Date: July 31, 2014 02:38PM

Well, if he does start helping out with making car payments let me know, I could use a little bit of cash to pay mine down.

Posted by: wkodi ()
Date: July 31, 2014 02:53PM

By aiding these people he was making a farce of the situation and basically ridiculing the authority of a police officer and soft pedaling the outcome of violating county law, encouraging future transgressions. "I will take care of it if you break the law." It looks like they were parked out there at least 15 minutes with the officer writing the tickets. If they were anywhere close they would have seen the policeman and run right over to move their cars.

The Band clinicians are generally under contract with the school system.

The fire lanes are marked so that if the school catches on fire or there is a medical emergency, the emergency vehicles can go where they need to go. This is not a situation to be ignored or encouraged when you are in charge of the property.

Posted by: cape cod ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:33PM

Did the Band director tell them to park there? then they should pay the tickets. This is not the school's problem.

Posted by: watters ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:42PM

probably justified because woodson doesn't have enough parking.

oh wait.
Attachments:
woodson.PNG

Posted by: cape cod ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:47PM

It probably looked just like this that day, too. Woe is me. Where am I going to park. I will park in the $50 paid parking spots and let the citizens of the county foot the bill.

Nice vanity plates on two of the cars. Guess that broke them so they can't afford to pay their own parking tickets.

Posted by: mechanic ()
Date: July 31, 2014 03:54PM

the first car is circa 2011. the other two (curlyww and ktcoop) are circa 2002.

Posted by: the irony ()
Date: July 31, 2014 04:00PM

good thing he paid the tickets right away or we would have had to pay $75 each instead of $50. we got a really good deal.

Posted by: It's all relative ()
Date: August 01, 2014 01:47AM

Is $150 in parking tickets is the biggest financial issue you can find?

You couldn't even get on a plane to a Disney educator's conference for that.

Still sounds like some loser has a personal vendetta. Wonder what their real issue might be.

Posted by: robertw ()
Date: August 01, 2014 08:19AM

I think the issues are-

There were three people who broke the law on school property and got caught.
Instead of paying their fine like responsible people, somebody went crying to the principal.
The principal then didn't have the balls to tell people he can't subsidize illegal behavior with public funds and to make better life choices next time.

It isn't the dollar amount.

Posted by: BethC ()
Date: August 01, 2014 12:41PM

robertw Wrote:

> The principal then didn't have the balls to tell
> people he can't subsidize illegal behavior with
> public funds and to make better life choices next
> time.
>

Well, apparently he can. And did.

With people like you second-guessing a principal's every decision, it takes bigger balls to do this than to brush them off.

Posted by: robertw ()
Date: August 01, 2014 03:26PM

No balls.

Posted by: Principal Chats ()
Date: August 02, 2014 01:19AM

Yost told us at a Principal Coffee that he is staying at Woodson until he retires, in 6 years I think.

Posted by: esq. ()
Date: August 02, 2014 08:55AM

Sounds like a bad decision on these tickets. you really can't use govt money to pay for personal expenses like this. The $150 amount is not the problem. People make bad decisions but this was a no-brainer. no matter what the circumstances were, this is the problem of the owners/drivers of the vehicles.

bad precedent. very bad example for students and parents and staff.

somebody needed to firmly bounce these back to the people involved. that would have shown balls and that is what we pay these administrators to do. they still can. otherwise there will be other people doing the exact same thing. it can still be done.

Posted by: FCPS Personal Reimbirsements ()
Date: August 02, 2014 07:35PM

esq. Wrote:
> you really can't use govt money to pay for personal
> expenses like this.

Actually, you can. Only mid-grade Federal government employees and their contractors think differently.

If you don't agree, dig through the FCPS regulations on the matter and cite them.

Otherwise go whine about something else.

Posted by: Soda Drinker ()
Date: August 02, 2014 07:37PM

Kinda funny that the income for this fund comes partly from the school vending machines.

You think you would also be campaigning to rid the schools of these monsters too.

Date: August 03, 2014 09:35AM

Paying for personal parking tickets does not even come close to standard practices for public administrators. They can't pay for moving violations, either. I deal with this all the time. It would never even be considered to be on the list. what else is going on here? Why isn't this being addressed?

Posted by: troll? ()
Date: August 03, 2014 04:23PM

esq. Wrote:
> I deal with this all the time.

All the time? How about providing 5-10 real-world examples.

Date: August 04, 2014 06:16PM

What part of the term "public money" (this is NOT private money) do you not understand? You can't use public money to pay personal bills. For anybody.

I am not wasting any more time trying to explain this because you are obviously all idiots.

Posted by: troll! ()
Date: August 04, 2014 11:43PM

Esq, my son, you claimed to deal with this all the time.

And yet, you cite no regulations, no case history, nothing but your own whiny opinion under various names.

I hope you keep your promise not to post any more drivel.

We will all be better off for that.

Posted by: beagle ()
Date: August 05, 2014 07:02AM

FCPS regulation 5810.7 page 42 paragraph E-
"School funds shall not be used for any purpose that represents a ... direct benefit to an individual." Legal reference VAC 22.1-89.
If the front office paid your parking ticket, you received a direct benefit.

Posted by: Caught in a Lie ()
Date: August 05, 2014 10:18AM

FCPS regulation 5810.7 page 42 paragraph E - School activity funds shall not be used for any purpose that represents an accommodation, loan, pay advance, or other direct benefit to an individual.

The ledger you posted clearly states the money was paid from the Educational Contingency Fund, not a school Activity Fund.

But you already knew that, which is why you erased the word "activity."

Try again.

Oh, still waiting on your "I deal with this all the time" list.

Posted by: beagle ()
Date: August 05, 2014 10:29AM

The ECA IS a school activity fund.

And it actually wasn't the VAC. It was the Code of Virginia. a goof.

Can't help you with "I do this all the time". I just happen to agree with esq. and the regulation supports what they are saying.

Posted by: JKPOIYU ()
Date: August 05, 2014 12:38PM

Caught in a Lie Wrote:
> FCPS regulation 5810.7 page 42 paragraph E -
> School activity funds shall not be used for any
> purpose that represents an accommodation, loan,
> pay advance, or other direct benefit to an
> individual.
>
> The ledger you posted clearly states the money was
> paid from the Educational Contingency Fund, not a
> school Activity Fund.
>
> But you already knew that, which is why you erased
> the word "activity."
>
> Try again.
>
> Oh, still waiting on your "I deal with this all
> the time" list.

You sound like a mentally unstable, pompous, horse's ass. Which means you are probably a lawyer. An effin stupid lawyer if you don't realize this is a problem.

Posted by: Caught in a Lie ()
Date: August 05, 2014 04:09PM

JKPOIYU Wrote:

>
> You sound like a mentally unstable, pompous,
> horse's ass. Which means you are probably a
> lawyer. An effin stupid lawyer if you don't
> realize this is a problem.

Correct on all accounts.

And you complain on anonymous message boards because no one takes you seriously in real life.

Posted by: JKPOIYU ()
Date: August 05, 2014 05:01PM

So you admit you are an effin' stupid laywer, and are mentally unstable, pompous, and a horse's ass. At least you know it.

Posted by: Feed the Hungry ()
Date: August 05, 2014 05:52PM

esq. Wrote:
> What part of the term "public money" (this is NOT
> private money) do you not understand? You can't
> use public money to pay personal bills. For
> anybody.
>
> I am not wasting any more time trying to explain
> this because you are obviously all idiots.

How do you explain buying food for teachers and staff from the same fund? Is FCPS allowed to provide meals and other goodies to their employees with public money?

Posted by: Mayor for Life ()
Date: August 05, 2014 06:06PM

Important people never pay parking tickets.

WASHINGTON -- The car of former D.C. mayor and current council member Marion Barry has been impounded after he was involved in a crash Saturday.

Further complicating the return of Barry's 2002 Jaguar is more than $2,800 in outstanding tickets he has incurred since 2012 and would have to pay, according to The Washington Times.

A police report, obtained by WTOP, reveals Barry's vehicle registration was expired and he did not have proof of insurance for the vehicle, a 2002 Jaguar.

Also, the Ward 8 council member owed $2,824 on 21 outstanding tickets, according to The Washington Times. The tickets date back to 2012.

The Washington Times says the violations, which occurred between February 2012 and July 2014, include the following:

$1,460 in eight separate fines for failure to display current tags;
$684 for five automated-enforcement speeding tickets for driving 11 to 15 mph over the speed limit;
$150 for a red-light camera fine;
$120 for three parking tickets.
After Saturday's crash, Barry received citations for driving against traffic, expired tags and lack of insurance. The fines associated with the citations are not yet clear.

Barry may not have to pay some of the parking tickets based on D.C. Code, which allows council members and Congress to park their cars on "any available curbs space" during "official business," according to The Washington Times. The code would exempt him from paying three of the parking tickets.

Date: August 05, 2014 07:00PM

Feed the Hungry Wrote:
> esq. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What part of the term "public money" (this is
> NOT
> > private money) do you not understand? You can't
> > use public money to pay personal bills. For
> > anybody.
> >
> > I am not wasting any more time trying to
> explain
> > this because you are obviously all idiots.
>
> How do you explain buying food for teachers and
> staff from the same fund? Is FCPS allowed to
> provide meals and other goodies to their employees
> with public money?

That is why I am putting out the facts. Take it up with your principals, supers, and School Board people if you think it is out of line.

The travel and pay information is on the parking pass slush thread. It looks like staff is only entitled to a meal if they are working after hours and don't receive a pay supplement. They are to be paid $11.50 for that. If they are paid the supplemental salary, they aren't entitled to that because that is what the supplement is for and they are considered to be on normal working hours for them. If they are travelling out of town on official business they are supposed to receive per diem as per GSA. The instructions say no meals for travel are to be charged on the county credit cards. So, why are all these meals on the school credit cards? They are running up major bills all over the town and country.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.