HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lin Wood doubles down on attacking Pence, Roberts 2/9/21
Date: February 24, 2021 08:42PM

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/09/lin-wood-attacks-pence-roberts-468027

Lin Wood, the prominent Atlanta lawyer who brought several unsuccessful lawsuits challenging the results of the 2020 presidential election, filed an affidavit in federal court on Tuesday reaffirming bizarre allegations he made about Chief Justice John Roberts and branding former Vice President Mike Pence as a traitor.

Wood submitted the affidavit in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn, N.Y., as he resists an effort by lawyers in a libel case to oust him from that litigation because of his election-related lawsuits and the outlandish statements he has made in recent months.

“I have credible evidence to support the truth of my description of Former Vice-President Pence as a traitor,” Wood declared in the declaration signed under oath on Sunday.

In social media posts early last month, Wood had called for Pence to be executed by firing squad, apparently for failing to back then-President Donald Trump’s efforts to challenge the slates of electors from several states. In the new affidavit, Wood did not explicitly repeat those graphic suggestions, but called them “rhetorical and political hyperbole” protected by the First Amendment. He also claimed he’d turned over related evidence to the Secret Service.

Lin Wood
LEGAL
Move underway to oust Lin Wood from libel suit
BY JOSH GERSTEIN
Wood, who worked together with and appeared alongside the Trump adviser and attorney Sidney Powell during the post-election litigation, also leveled unsubstantiated claims that Roberts is involved in a sex trafficking ring and was involved in the death of the late Justice Antonin Scalia. The statements led Georgia bar officials to urge Wood to get a psychiatric assessment, but he declined.

Wood’s new statement seems to court some sort of action from the legal system by continuing to push assertions about Roberts that are aligned with QAnon and Pizzagate conspiracy theories about a child-abusing cabal.

“I have also exercised my right of free speech to advocate for protection of the Bill of Rights, honest elections, and against pedophilia and child sex trafficking,” Wood wrote. “I have also received credible evidence of serious wrongdoing by high-ranking government officials which I have brought to the attention of the public and to federal law enforcement officials. The evidence of wrongdoing includes evidence of potentially serious crimes perpetrated by the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.”

Wood’s affidavit was filed in a lawsuit he brought in 2018 on behalf of Roslyn La Liberte, a California woman who contends she was defamed by MSNBC anchor Joy Reid’s social media posts about an incident at a meeting of the City Council of Simi Valley, Calif., that year.

Citing Wood’s outrageous comments and his election-related litigation, Reid’s lawyers have asked U.S. District Court Judge Dora Irizarry to revoke Wood’s pro hac vice status, which allows him the temporary right to practice in the Brooklyn court. Irizarry has referred the issue to a magistrate judge for review.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.