HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
be alert auto body repair,
Posted by: mschafer ()
Date: February 07, 2021 11:27PM

Two guys driving a truck near lowes and walmart area on lee hwy to look for cars with dent and paint scratches, they claims other auto body shop would have replaced the whole bumper and charge $600 and they claims it is rip-off and they can just sand off the rust and paint the car for $400 and lesser cost. I watched them carefully, they used acetone to clean the old paint coat and use aerosol paint to cover up, they never did any sanding to remove the rust. But they claimed they did it and they told the lie. I watched them very carefully. However I paid them and watched Youtube how professional paint the car, they must use 500 grit sand paper to sand the rust until you see the metal. I texted the guy immediately and asked him to redo the job. He jerked around and said he would come back two days later. I asked him to show his driver license when he came back and he replied let us talk tomorrow, and he never showed up again. He is scam. I had his picture taken and his phone number on the truck. Be aware these two guys. They are two guys wearing grey color Shirt on right and one with hood.
Attachments:
IMG_1976.JPG
IMG_1902.PNG
IMG_1896.PNG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: be alert auto body repair,
Posted by: 4HKMM ()
Date: February 08, 2021 09:36AM

NOTE to OP: NEVER hire ANYONE who drives up to you or bangs on your door & offers to do cheap body work. IT's usually Gypsies & they're nothing but ripoff artists. Even if they're not Gypsies, DON'T do business with them.

Tell them you're not interested and tell them to GO AWAY!

If you want bodywork done, go to a legitimate shop or somebody you know.

Posted by: DDT3S ()
Date: February 08, 2021 11:03AM

There are mobile auto repair operations and shadetree mechanics who do decent quality work, but if you can't vet them you are taking a huge chance.

Posted by: Good Deals on Wheels ()
Date: February 08, 2021 11:38AM

I spent all of my money buying speakers and leather jackets from the guy in the white Ford Van.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.