HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Biden accuser Tara Reade speaks out on watching inauguration: 'Unspeakably hard'
Date: January 22, 2021 09:32PM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-accuser-reade-speaks-out-inauguration

Tara Reade, who accused President Biden of sexual assault, said watching him get sworn into office was “unspeakably hard” despite her liberal political beliefs.

“I will not be silenced. Instead of talking about saving the country’s soul, he should be held accountable for his actions,” Reade said. “The hard part is, I believe in many policies that will move forward as I am a progressive independent, but it is unspeakably hard to watch the man who assaulted me go to the most powerful position in the land.”

Reade said she would continue to “stand in solidarity with all survivors coming up against such power,” something she said was hard to do when she accused Biden of the assault that allegedly occurred nearly three decades ago.

“Coming forward about being sexually harassed and assaulted in 1993 when I was Joe Biden’s staffer was excruciating on so many levels,” Reade said. “Biden used his power and resources with certain media to erase me and silence me.”

In March, Reade accused the then-presidential candidate of kissing, touching, and penetrating her with his fingers without consent when she was one of his staffers in 1993. Biden has denied the allegation, saying that the assault “never happened.”

Biden said that while “women should be believed,” or at least have their cases taken seriously, “the truth” was the only thing that mattered “at the end of the day.”

But Biden’s denial stands in stark contrast to what he said about Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's accuser Christine Blasey Ford, insisting that people should start off with a “presumption” that the story was mostly true.

“For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time,” Biden said at the time.

The White House did not immediately respond to a Washington Examiner request for comment.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.