HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hangout spots back in the 80's, 90's, etc.
Posted by: Curious321 ()
Date: July 23, 2014 05:06PM

My English teacher this year always told us stories about him and his friends hanging out at a lake, often having parties somewhere here in NoVa. I don't know what lake but I wish I did. I'm getting bored with NoVa and was wondering if you knew any old school, free things to do

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hangout spots back in the 80's, 90's, etc.
Posted by: Heads Up ()
Date: July 23, 2014 08:28PM

Relax, dude. Twenty years from now, you will be telling cool-sounding stories about all the boring things you do today.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: July 24, 2014 10:02AM

Burke lake

though, any of the man made lakes had their share of kids hanging around as well

It's the people you're with that make it fun... not the location

Posted by: Beachway ()
Date: July 24, 2014 10:06AM

Lake Barcroft was happening in the early 90s. I went to more than a few bonfires there. I heard that it is pretty shitty now.

Posted by: That's how it always is ()
Date: July 24, 2014 10:11AM

Of course it was cool back in the day when you were there.

Posted by: Story Bored ()
Date: July 24, 2014 10:19AM

Really? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Burke lake though, any of the man made lakes had
> their share of kids hanging around as well

All of the lakes in NoVa are man-made.

> It's the people you're with that make it fun...
> not the location

It's the need to have cool stories to tell. Sometimes a cool story will simply fall into your lap, but much more often, you will have to mold and craft them out of what were actually boring and ordinary experiences at the time.

Posted by: Of Mexican Descent ()
Date: July 24, 2014 10:49AM

Nine%2Bbodies-723972.jpg

There is no need to reminisce about hang out spots in Mexico.
There are still plenty of present day ones to be found all over.

Posted by: 9jL3P ()
Date: July 24, 2014 11:14AM

Those days are gone- ever since the police got more spying equipment and all that and nosy neighbors and not too many open places left anymore.

FWIW I used to party on the edges of the woods of ft belvoir before they had built it up- I had friends in the Army it was FUN!!!!

Recently.....I was simply walking on a trail by burke lake one day IN BROAD DAYLIGHT and got cops called on me for being "suspicious" (I am a person of color- THAT is the reason why, the cop told me as much it was an old white lady that called on me, after a 2 minute ID check I was walking on thru again. The cop apoligized for wasting my time too).

TL;DR If you're white, you could PROBABLY get away with a field party (they'd just make you pour out your drinks and move on) but a minority is getting ARRESTED ON THE SPOT.

Posted by: FusilliJerry ()
Date: July 24, 2014 11:37PM

Used to go out to Beaverdam Resevior out by Brambleton, before there was a Brambleton. We would usually go to the West side of the lake along the power lines and build a fire, drink beer, and get stoned. They had a bunch of pull outs along the road for fishing. I heard that side is all closed off to people now. Probably because people used to go mudding back there as well under the power lines and ripped up the dirt road.

Posted by: hal ()
Date: July 25, 2014 12:04AM

University mall Mr Gattis was the shit back in the 80s. Drugs, horny hot girls who loved to fuck, skateboarding etc. Way more fun back then. No spic gangs or serious problems like today. Cops were a lot cooler also. They didnt try to bust you unless you asked for it.

Posted by: BACK in the DEEZAY ()
Date: July 25, 2014 11:55AM

We used to kick it at Accotink (sp?) lake off the trails back near where the creek feeds into the lake. Probably chilled there from summer of 87 to early spring of 88. I suppose the neighbors in the townhouse development where we all parked got all rick and called the cops as a FFX PD helicopter flew over us (there was an epic party of about 100 kids with a massive bonfire) and shined the spotlight down on us. Since we were all Woodson kids, we hauled ass as no one wanted their golden ticket revoked. YEAH all you annandale faggots and lake haddock douches can suck the chonkie donkey...BITCH.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 25, 2014 01:19PM

You got spooked by A helicopter?

Really is correct. It isn't so much the locale as it is the people you are with that makes it memorable. However it used to be easier to gather with a decent sized group of kids than it is now.

Posted by: Robo ()
Date: July 25, 2014 02:23PM

Just find out whose parents are out of town, break into their house, and drink all their alcohol. Just make sure you leave an anonymous note so they know someone was there.

Check out the Blob tunnels in Mantua. If you find a clear plastic bong - it is mine - I want it back.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.