HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Korean Mafia
Posted by: fairfaxmafia ()
Date: February 27, 2009 03:39AM

I've heard a lot about the korean mafia lately- what is the deal with these guys- is there really organized crime in fairfax? lol!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Korean Mafia
Posted by: curious ()
Date: February 27, 2009 03:46AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/10/AR2009011001848.html

"When police and federal agents burst in, they found several women hunched over industrial sewing machines, cranking out counterfeit designer clothing, working off the debt they owed for passage to America.

The astonishing discovery came during a two-year investigation into a Korean organized crime ring based in Annandale that trafficked in untaxed cigarettes. Undercover officers and agents started off making $5 million in sales of contraband cigarettes. That led to the crime ring's money laundering and numerous financial schemes. There was even a murder-for-hire plot."

Uhh- maybe there is?

Posted by: Doubtful ()
Date: February 27, 2009 06:43AM

Many people doubt the existence of Mafia or other groups like the mafia. That's exactly how those groups want you to think. Doubt they are real, doubt they exist. Then they can continue with their drug dealing and other activities all while they live next door to you.

You sound like a guy I knew who didn't think there were any drugs at Lake Braddock. THat his daughter had no way of being exposed to drugs or drug use. His comment was "It's a 'drig-free zone'" Yeah, go on and believe that. It's about as true as the idea that the mafia and others don't exist.

BTW, there is no MS13 around here. It's only in other places.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: February 27, 2009 08:35AM

I don't personally know any Korean mafia, but with their huge presence in the county, I'm sure there is some OC element. The Vietnamese had and probably still have little sets of wiseguys who are into the various scams and little shortcut moneymakers out there.Most of the things they're into aren't a huge threat to the uninvolved the way the drivebys, carjackings and home invasions by the other groups are (though there are Asian home invasions, I think its more of rogue operators instead of a cohesive group element)

Gambling? While the Asians really seem to dig, I think most police officers have laid a bet somewhere.

Whores? It's ugly when brute force and drugs are involved, but often a consensual offense.

Cheating Cig Taxes? Hmmm, can't some of the new administrations cabinet kind of tax cheats also?

I look at it this way- if the MS13 could only emulate our Asian neighbors, the county would surely be a better place.

Posted by: really ()
Date: March 03, 2009 01:19AM

wait- thats it?

Posted by: a-man ()
Date: April 29, 2012 03:34PM

while you are at home at night, some dirty things happen in annandale to this day. believe that.

Posted by: Dom Hung Si Lee ()
Date: April 30, 2012 09:09AM

Korean Gangpae? What you think all them karaoke bars are all about? Why so few nail salons in Koreatown but other parts of county you can spit and hit them?

dead horse

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:43PM

Leave the gun
Take the Kimchee

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.