HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Andrew Morgan Death
Posted by: AndrewDied ()
Date: July 14, 2014 05:10PM

How did he die??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andrew Morgan Death
Posted by: RIP Andrew ()
Date: July 14, 2014 06:17PM

AndrewDied Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How did he die??

Who cares how he died? He was a wonderful young man cut down in the prime of his life, how he died makes it no or more less tragic and sad.

Posted by: AndrewDied ()
Date: July 14, 2014 06:37PM

Actually, it does matter how he died. If it was a cocaine overdose or if he was driving drunk, then it was his own fault. If he was murdered or was ill, then it's a different story.

Posted by: yes, it does ()
Date: July 14, 2014 06:44PM

Who cares how he died? He was a wonderful young man cut down in the prime of his life, how he died makes it no or more less tragic and sad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course it matters how he died. I have no idea who he is, but if he was involved with drugs or something stupid, that's alot different than if he was robbed and murdered by a group of niggers after a Nationals game. Yes, he's dead, but how he died does matter. Maybe his frineds will stop or not use drugs or maybe people will realize the dangers of ghetto blacks.

Posted by: Andrew Died ()
Date: July 14, 2014 09:21PM

yes, it does Wrote:
> Who cares how he died? He was a wonderful young
> man cut down in the prime of his life, how he died
> makes it no or more less tragic and sad.
> --------------------------------------------------
> --------------------
>
> Of course it matters how he died. I have no idea
> who he is, but if he was involved with drugs or
> something stupid, that's alot different than if he
> was robbed and murdered by a group of niggers
> after a Nationals game. Yes, he's dead, but how he
> died does matter. Maybe his frineds will stop or
> not use drugs or maybe people will realize the
> dangers of ghetto blacks.

well said. thank you

Posted by: SZ ()
Date: July 15, 2014 12:14PM

i find it appalling that any one of you will hide behind a computer screen and make ignorant and hurtful remarks. this was someone's son, someone's brother. how he passed is for his friends and family to know and not for anyone to judge or questions.

a death is a death and it impacts everyone who has met the person. i knew him and he was, in fact, and amazing kid. 25 years old. he was a KID. and i know for a fact he would have never ever responded to a death, even a stranger's death, in they way that you all are doing.

also- to the racist ignorant scumbag- get a life.

Posted by: 2200green ()
Date: July 15, 2014 01:45PM

I'd like to know how he passed away. What's wrong with that? Quit being so hateful.

Posted by: thanks for clarifying ()
Date: July 15, 2014 01:47PM

SZ Wrote:
> i find it appalling that any one of you will hide
> behind a computer screen and make ignorant and
> hurtful remarks. this was someone's son, someone's
> brother. how he passed is for his friends and
> family to know and not for anyone to judge or
> questions.
>
>
> a death is a death and it impacts everyone who has
> met the person. i knew him and he was, in fact,
> and amazing kid. 25 years old. he was a KID. and i
> know for a fact he would have never ever responded
> to a death, even a stranger's death, in they way
> that you all are doing.
>
>
> also- to the racist ignorant scumbag- get a life.

So in other words, he either committed suicide or was using drugs and got himself killed.

If this was about a nigg nigging, we would have heard more about this.

Posted by: RIP Andrew Morgan ()
Date: July 15, 2014 02:18PM

Andrew Ross Morgan
http://ghostbikes.org/new-york-city/andrew-morgan

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

New York , NY
United States

Andrew Ross Morgan was killed June 22, 2005 by a truck who cut him off and ran over him on the corner of Elizabeth and Houston streets in Manhattan.

In his obituary, his family wrote:

...Some people wear their spirit on the outside. When you meet them your own light shines brighter. When they're gone, you still have the treasures they gave away every day. Andy gave us the extra light we need to face his sudden passing.

Andy was an accomplished photographer, cook, athlete, artist and lover of literature. He graduated from Pacific Lutheran University with a degree in business administration and a minor in jazz studies. He was the manager at Blue Ribbon Bakery in New York at the time of his death, meeting with an accident as he cycled to work.

He had traveled to most of the continental U.S., Europe, central Asia, Mexico and South America. Andy taught us all how important every day is. He recently wrote in a letter to his family, ''Remember, now is as good a time as ever because we are here on earth together. I know I'll look back on these days with weak legs and a bitter sweet gravity pulling towards my heart because this is all we have, and I have so much love for you. In addition to his immediate family, Andy is survived by many other relatives in Texas...

Andrew's mother, Cynthia wrote in a comment to a 2008 New York Magazine Article about NYC ghost bikes:

My son, Andrew Ross Morgan, was an experienced cyclist, having ridden his bike from Washington State, where he was attending Pacific Luthern University, home to Austin, his first semester, had recently moved to New York.

He did not normally ride in Manhattan. Andy had just started riding to work, and was putting in twelve hour days to open the Market for Blue Ribbon. Accumulating over six hundred dollars in parking tickets; he constantly struggled with moving his car. The city offers many challanges as does life. His family is inspired everyday by the gift of his life, the magnitude of his efforts and his achievements both internally and externally.

The bike on the corner of Houston and Elizabeth Streets is a tribute to what we have had, not lost. These bikes mark a grave issue but, also a unique opportunity. I hope Joshua David Stern and Christopher Griffith have moved citizens, no matter their stance on the issue, to address the reality constructively. I feel Andy's sense of pride everyday regarding the opportunities New York, The Blue Ribbon and his community offered him and the way with which he embraced them.

He is not a victim of circumstance but a symbol of happenstance. Ghost bikes and their imagined riders appear as a haunting refrain, playing to our hearts and consciousness to be mindful in seeking a positive solution for multi-transportation options for inhabitants of congested cities. If you can make it happen there, it can happen anywhere. This issue comes to light in the pages of your magazine on the third anniversary of my son's death. It brings a special significance for his loved ones honoring his spirit and brings reflection to the cause. I am grateful to you for this epitaph for all The Ghost Riders.
Most Sincerely,
Cindy Morgan

Andy’s friend wrote:

The world lost a beautiful soul in Andy. His laughter, kindness and easy going nature gave many a person a reason to smile. As word of his departure spreads, more and more people grow numb. Goodbye, MoMan, we already miss you.

Another friend wrote:

Andy was a close friend of mine. He and I went to school together at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA. We lived together for about a year and played lots and lots of music together. He was an outstanding cook, took beautiful photographs, loved to travel. He had an unparalleled passion for life. I have countless memories of the times I spend with Andy. I’m still learning how to deal with his death. It has been very difficult for me.
I have recently started riding my bike around Seattle to get to and from work. I have become more and more aware of the dangers that one assumes when you take your bike on the road. Since Andy’s death, though, I find myself outraged by the obliviousness of the average driver on those busy streets. I know Andy was a cautious and defensive rider. I didn’t even need to question whether or not he was wearing a helmet.

My prayers are with those of you who are trying to increase awareness in the City. And my heart goes out to Andy’s family. There are a lot of us out here in Washington who are in mourning.
Andy, you were an amazing friend. I’m definitely going to miss you, buddy.

Andy’s ghost bike was knocked down a few weeks later by a cab driver who jumped the curb. It was taken in by the bartender at a local bar, and re-installed nearby.
Attachments:
gb_01_askew.jpg
andrew_morgan.jpg

Posted by: hoohoom ()
Date: July 15, 2014 02:36PM

Biker riders need to take this as a lesson and see what can happen when your trolling around on your little bikes clogging up the roads.

Posted by: Caresalot ()
Date: July 15, 2014 03:01PM

I think the Andrew Morgan first mentioned is from Centreville, VA. My deepest sympathy for the loss of your Andrew in 2005 and he, too, was a young man taken too early from his family and friends. For those of us who don't know the circumstances of his death isn't meant to be morbid, it's just having closure as to why we won't see him again and we can concentrate in loving and supporting his family. Someone who passes on from a life robbing disease has the knowledge that the person is in a better place, but when death comes so suddenly for a young person, it's so hard to come to terms with the death, whether accidental or intentional. In any case, he can't be brought back so we have only memories of him and his book of life without knowing how he left. That's all.

Posted by: confused ()
Date: July 15, 2014 03:53PM

The Andrew Morgan mentioned in 2005 is irrelevant to this thread. The intention of the thread was to gather information on Andrew Morgan, who passed in July 2014. He was a graduate of Centreville Highschool in Clifton, VA. He played on the Varsity Football team, and I believe he graduated in 2008.

Posted by: Timmy O'Toole ()
Date: July 15, 2014 03:57PM

We're sending our love down a well.

Posted by: Megan ()
Date: July 15, 2014 04:37PM

Im at shock with the over racist comments. I black was a really good friend of his.

Somethings never fucking with SOME WHITE people!! Funny thing is I bet your daughters are fucking black guys. SMH!!

Posted by: SuckItSally ()
Date: July 15, 2014 04:39PM

SZ Wrote:
> i find it appalling that any one of you will hide
> behind a computer screen and make ignorant and
> hurtful remarks. this was someone's son, someone's
> brother. how he passed is for his friends and
> family to know and not for anyone to judge or
> questions.
>
>
> a death is a death and it impacts everyone who has
> met the person. i knew him and he was, in fact,
> and amazing kid. 25 years old. he was a KID. and i
> know for a fact he would have never ever responded
> to a death, even a stranger's death, in they way
> that you all are doing.
>
>
> also- to the racist ignorant scumbag- get a life.

Thanks Sally, we know you're the all mighty best person in the world that has never judged anyone and keeps all personal stuff/gossip to herself. People are just curious. I heard it was a drug overdose. But that's a long shot.

Anyone have any updates? PS that 2005 death is the wrong death. He just died this month (July 2014)

Posted by: WhiteGuy69 ()
Date: July 15, 2014 04:42PM

Megan Wrote:
> Im at shock with the over racist comments. I black
> was a really good friend of his.
>
> Somethings never fucking with SOME WHITE people!!
> Funny thing is I bet your daughters are fucking
> black guys. SMH!!

Why White People Don't Like Black People:

Reason number 34:

Because their grammar is just God awful.

Posted by: BuelerBueler ()
Date: July 15, 2014 04:59PM

so no one is gonna give an answer? absolutely no one knows?

Posted by: RIF ()
Date: July 15, 2014 05:20PM

Megan ()

Date: July 15, 2014 04:37PM

Im at shock with the over racist comments. I black was a really good friend of his.

Somethings never fucking with SOME WHITE people!! Funny thing is I bet your daughters are fucking black guys. SMH!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My God, I hope he wasn't as dumb as you. You can't even write a simple sentence without fucking it up. Did you graduate from High School?

Posted by: Life is for the living ()
Date: July 15, 2014 05:31PM

Or something like that.
Everyone dies. When your number is up,well it's up.
Enjoy everyday 'cause it just might be your.........

Posted by: ohboyyyy ()
Date: July 15, 2014 07:36PM

Hmmmmm I wonder what happened to him. drug overdose?

Posted by: postedthis ()
Date: July 15, 2014 08:06PM

This was just posted. Died "unexpectedly" means drug overdose right?

http://www.fairfaxmemorialfuneralhome.com/obituary/Andrew-Barnett-Morgan/Centreville-VA/1401278

Posted by: Elizabeth ()
Date: July 15, 2014 08:57PM

You are assuming you know the race of the jerk making these ignorant/racist remarks when you don't in fact don't know what the heck you are talking about. Your comments are equally offensive as the other idiot's!

Posted by: not a good idea ()
Date: July 15, 2014 09:01PM

postedthis Wrote:
> This was just posted. Died "unexpectedly" means
> drug overdose right?
>
> http://www.fairfaxmemorialfuneralhome.com/obituary
> /Andrew-Barnett-Morgan/Centreville-VA/1401278

Looks like the trolls have started posting there too.

Posted by: It ain't nothin' ()
Date: July 15, 2014 09:02PM

Elizabeth Wrote:
> You are assuming you know the race of the jerk
> making these ignorant/racist remarks when you
> don't in fact don't know what the heck you are
> talking about. Your comments are equally offensive
> as the other idiot's!

Don't stress and have a heart attack for the deceased.
Life is already way to long.

Posted by: AnnonFriend ()
Date: July 16, 2014 11:03AM

postedthis Wrote:
> This was just posted. Died "unexpectedly" means
> drug overdose right?
>
> http://www.fairfaxmemorialfuneralhome.com/obituary
> /Andrew-Barnett-Morgan/Centreville-VA/1401278

How exactly does "unexpectedly" mean drug overdose? Someone having an unknown health condition and passing away in their sleep is also unexpected, is it not? Ever thought to not assume the worst? Maybe have a conscience? You guys are disgusting for jumping to such negative conclusions about such a great human being. Nobody is perfect, and everyone posting on here behind their computers are not an exception. Let him rest in peace, and let the family grieve.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: July 16, 2014 12:12PM

It's most likely that his heart stopped.

Posted by: bill boren ()
Date: July 16, 2014 01:18PM

Wow, Megan is one dumb bitch!
That writing is atrocious for a 4th grader, let alone someone in high school.

Posted by: 4UNuY ()
Date: July 16, 2014 02:03PM

confused Wrote:
> The Andrew Morgan mentioned in 2005 is irrelevant
> to this thread. The intention of the thread was to
> gather information on Andrew Morgan, who passed in
> July 2014. He was a graduate of Centreville
> Highschool in Clifton, VA. He played on the
> Varsity Football team, and I believe he graduated
> in 2008.

You should put together some kind of online memorial.

Posted by: EveAnon ()
Date: July 16, 2014 04:08PM

If I had to guess, people are curious as to how he passed as a way to attempt to make sense of the senseless--the loss of such a wonderful, charming, warmhearted young man taken from the world way too early--and to gain closure and understanding of a loss. At least, that is why I'd like to know.

Posted by: yeawhatshesaid ()
Date: July 16, 2014 05:04PM

So did his heart just suddenly stop? Did he have a medical condition that no one knew about? Or was he a drug addict? Clearly it wasn't a car accident or any accident for that fact. Maybe it was suicide?

Posted by: if.... ()
Date: July 16, 2014 08:28PM

If he is the guy off Compton rd....OD.

Date: July 16, 2014 08:44PM

You fools really think Megan is black? Wow...getting trolled as usual and of course one of you retards thinks because "Megan" uses incorrect grammar, all black people use it...idiots.

But what really grinds my gears is how some of you think it's so FUCKING HILARIOUS to troll on a funereal guestbook...you know how fucked up that is?

You'll be going to hell because of that. You think it's funny, but it's not. God doesn't like ugly, and you racist, idiotic trolls are UGLY.

Posted by: Annon ()
Date: July 16, 2014 09:53PM

if.... Wrote:
> If he is the guy off Compton rd....OD.

How about you post your name if you are so confident? You people make me sick, outlandish statements, hiding behind your fucking computers. Fucking scum of the earth.

Posted by: Annon ()
Date: July 16, 2014 09:56PM

yeawhatshesaid Wrote:
> So did his heart just suddenly stop? Did he have a
> medical condition that no one knew about? Or was
> he a drug addict? Clearly it wasn't a car accident
> or any accident for that fact. Maybe it was
> suicide?

So how does that lead you to suicide? No clear results right away, so it's suicide? Another illogical idiot on this scumbag site.

Posted by: Matt Morgan ()
Date: July 17, 2014 07:34PM

This is is brother Matt. Leave is alone. Kthxbye

Posted by: The suspense is killing my ()
Date: July 17, 2014 07:43PM

How did he die?

Posted by: Family friend ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:03PM

You were asked to leave the family alone and not post this crap. Centreville is full of great people. Please join them and stop posting. A nice young man has passed and his family deserves the respect of this community.

Posted by: Independent ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:08PM

Family friend Wrote:
> You were asked to leave the family alone and not
> post this crap. Centreville is full of great
> people. Please join them and stop posting. A nice
> young man has passed and his family deserves the
> respect of this community.

You're asking trolls and immature twats to stop doing what they do?

Good luck w/ that bro.

Posted by: cereal ()
Date: July 17, 2014 11:01PM

OMG - these posts!! I die because I cereal-y just can't right now.

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: July 17, 2014 11:27PM

Andrew's family doesn't need to use this website if it bothers them that much. People are curious, get over it.

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: July 17, 2014 11:37PM

Changed my mind on this. I along with the others here are big pieces of shit with no life. Sorry for being so damn callous and disrespectful!

Hopefully this post will cease!

Posted by: Step ahead ()
Date: July 17, 2014 11:47PM

Just watch my friend!

Posted by: STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:01AM

STOP
STOP
STOP
STOP
STOP
DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE
DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE
PLEASE
IGNORE
IGNORE
IGNORE
IGNORE
IGNORE
IGNORE WHATEVER YOU DO
DO NOT RESPOND!
DO NOT RESPOND!
DO NOT RESPOND! YOU HAVE TO STOP RESPONDING

Posted by: OkGotIt ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:41AM

STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP Wrote:
> STOP
> STOP
> STOP
> STOP
> STOP
> DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE
> DO NOT RESPOND ANYMORE
> PLEASE
> IGNORE
> IGNORE
> IGNORE
> IGNORE
> IGNORE
> IGNORE WHATEVER YOU DO
> DO NOT RESPOND!
> DO NOT RESPOND!
> DO NOT RESPOND! YOU HAVE TO STOP RESPONDING

OK I GOT IT. I WILL STOP RESPONDING ASAP. AFTER THIS POST I WILL STOP< I PROMISE.

MAYBE IF SOMEONE WOULD JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION ON HOW HE DIED WE COULD ALL MOVE ON!!!

Posted by: driving me to an early grave ()
Date: July 18, 2014 11:54AM

How did he die?

Posted by: stfu.... ()
Date: July 18, 2014 03:01PM

overdosed.

Posted by: finally, closure! ()
Date: July 18, 2014 03:06PM

Now I can rent in peace!

Posted by: Interesting, thanks ()
Date: July 18, 2014 04:45PM

What did he OD on?

Posted by: FCPD Coroners Office ()
Date: July 18, 2014 04:53PM

Interesting, thanks Wrote:
> What did he OD on?

Appears to be a marijuana overdose, this is what officials fist found at the scene.

giant+pile+of+weed_d7fc61_3842229.jpg

Posted by: ActualKit ()
Date: July 18, 2014 04:55PM

Nice try, retard. You're pathetic.

Posted by: Socrates ()
Date: July 18, 2014 06:31PM

Why do these morons put poison into their body?
Fools!

Posted by: Sorry ()
Date: July 18, 2014 08:34PM

***This isn't toward Andrew bc I don't know if he really overdosed or not***

I'm sorry but anyone who overdoses deserves to die. I don't care how nice or caring of a person you are... if you're dumb enough to put an illegal (illegal for a reason) substance in your body, you don't deserve to be part of society. Those type of people are making our world a worst place.

Don't get me wrong, a little weed and a little bit of alcohol is ok from time to time but cocaine or X is just plain dumb. People get killed over these hard core drugs..there's no regulation, no taxes when you sell drugs etc. You're just making northern Virginia a worst place one day at a time.

Posted by: okokok ()
Date: July 19, 2014 03:34PM

OK OK we know he overdosed. Now, can we figure out what drug he overdosed on??

Anyone?

Posted by: Okokok ()
Date: July 19, 2014 08:18PM

now we can all STFU!

Posted by: kinda hard to od on most drugs ()
Date: July 19, 2014 08:24PM

okokok Wrote:
> OK OK we know he overdosed. Now, can we figure out
> what drug he overdosed on??
>
> Anyone?

Most likely Heroin, or some other opiate.

Posted by: letitgoletitgo ()
Date: July 20, 2014 01:01AM

According to the pastor at the funeral today, Andrew had recently struggled with addiction to pills and overdosed. It's sad and horrible. Let's let it go now, out of respect for a 25 year old young man from our community who struggled mightily, and for his grieving family and friends.

Posted by: Um ()
Date: July 20, 2014 01:16AM

Sorry Wrote:
> ***This isn't toward Andrew bc I don't know if he
> really overdosed or not***
>
> I'm sorry but anyone who overdoses deserves to
> die. I don't care how nice or caring of a person
> you are... if you're dumb enough to put an illegal
> (illegal for a reason) substance in your body, you
> don't deserve to be part of society. Those type of
> people are making our world a worst place.
>
> Don't get me wrong, a little weed and a little bit
> of alcohol is ok from time to time but cocaine or
> X is just plain dumb. People get killed over these
> hard core drugs..there's no regulation, no taxes
> when you sell drugs etc. You're just making
> northern Virginia a worst place one day at a time.

I'm sorry but you do realized there are TONS of people that overdose on completely LEGAL things, right? For example, Advil is a common drug to overdose on and not only is it legal, it can be purchased over the counter.

Posted by: Just a Friend 22 ()
Date: July 20, 2014 12:45PM

He died from a drug overdose. Heroin in particular. I know that for a fact.

Posted by: pastor dave ()
Date: July 20, 2014 01:08PM

r

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2021 03:03PM by pastor dave.

Posted by: RIP ()
Date: July 20, 2014 10:06PM

Wondering why you jerks are not done yet! I hope to hell to not know any of you gutless bastards! It is an embarrassment that you are in our community! Really need to take a step back and grow up. Yes, I know some of you are destined to be pieces of shit forever.

Posted by: Raji Ayoub ()
Date: July 21, 2014 08:10AM

You all have some serious issues, and no lives. To sit here and rant about someone you probably didn't know. For "Pastor Dave" and the rest of you low lives that come on here and talk shit, FUCK YOU. Yeah my name is posted on here and if you do have a fucking problem, you shouldn't have a problem finding me.

and again....

FUCK YOU.

Posted by: Raji Ayoub ()
Date: July 21, 2014 03:05PM

Raji Ayoub Wrote:
> You all have some serious issues, and no lives.
> To sit here and rant about someone you probably
> didn't know. For "Pastor Dave" and the rest of
> you low lives that come on here and talk shit,
> FUCK YOU. Yeah my name is posted on here and if
> you do have a fucking problem, you shouldn't have
> a problem finding me.
>
> and again....
>
>
> FUCK YOU.

P.s. I'm a terrorist. I mean, look at my name after all!!! LOL

Posted by: LOLOLO ()
Date: July 22, 2014 03:59PM

Will this post ever go away??? LOL The comments on here are so funny

Posted by: dirtyjew ()
Date: July 22, 2014 06:05PM

There's nothing I hate more than a fucking nigger and there big fuckin nostrils breathing all the white mans air. Fucking coons dirtying up our country I should grab me a nice long piano wire and hang one from a fucking tree. Fucking coons.

Posted by: Mohammed Mohammed ()
Date: July 22, 2014 06:10PM

I'm a brave man too, I'm using my real name to post.

ALLAHU AKBAR, MY ANDREW REST WITH SHAYTAN, INSHALLAH!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.