HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who built the Greenway?
Posted by: PWC ()
Date: July 13, 2014 03:34AM

Did the Aussies build it or did we bold it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who built the Greenway?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 13, 2014 03:43AM

PWC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did the Aussies build it or did we bold it?

Yes, who bold the Greenway?

Posted by: greenway ()
Date: July 13, 2014 07:48AM

Here I'll do it if the Australians haven't yet.

Greenway

Posted by: against tolls ()
Date: July 13, 2014 08:27AM

Posted by: against tolls ()
Date: July 13, 2014 08:38AM

State Route 267 is a primary state highway in the US state of Virginia. It consists of two end-to-end toll roads – the Dulles Toll Road and Dulles Greenway – as well as the Dulles Access Road, which lies in the median of Dulles Toll Road. The combined roadway provides a toll road for commuting and a free road for access to Washington Dulles International Airport. The three sections are operated and maintained by separate agencies: Dulles Toll Road and Dulles Access Road are maintained by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA); the Dulles Greenway is owned by TRIPP II, a limited partnership, but is maintained by Macquarie Atlas Roads, an Australian company which owns the majority stake in the partnership.

495/95 hotlanes

495 Express Lanes
I-495.svg
The 495 Express Lanes, also known as the E-ZPass Express Lanes, are a 14-mile segment of I-495 extending from the Springfield Interchange to a point north of the Dulles Toll Road. The project began when Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) signed an agreement with Fluor Corporation and Transurban in April 2005 to create HOT lanes between Springfield and Georgetown Pike. A contract was finalized on December 20, 2007, and construction began in the summer of 2008

Fluor Corporation is a multinational engineering and construction firm headquartered in Irving, Texas. It is a holding company that provides services through its subsidiaries in four areas: energy and chemicals, industrial and infrastructure, government and "global services" such as staffing and equipment rentals. It is the largest construction company in the Fortune 500 rankings and the 109th largest company overall.

Transurban manages and develops urban toll road networks in Australia and North America. It is a Top 50 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and has been in business since 1996.

Virginia, US
495 Express Lanes - HOT Lanes in Northern Virginia
95 Express Lanes - HOT Lanes in Northern Virginia
Pocahontas 895 near Richmond, Virginia

Posted by: SRRes ()
Date: July 13, 2014 11:55AM

Look up Magalen Ohrstrom Bryant--gas pump and automobile tire heiress from hunt country (western Loudoun, northern Fauquier)--who formed the original consortium to build the first toll road since 1816, in order to have a spine on which to hang growth in Loudoun that would be away from "the gateway to hunt country", route 50.

Then look up her stepsons--they are interesting guys. One had his own private SWAT force out on the estate, that he loaned to then-sheriff Isom of Loudoun to try to take out Lyndon LaRouche, and he wasn't prosecuted for a weapons (multiple) violation in DC because he was wealthy and important enough to make it stick that ALL Virginia gentlemen have lots of weapons in their car when out drinking in the district.

Seriously.

Somehow the original funding was never paid back, and the road went through several sales (I think to the original owners themselves at least once, under a different corporate structure--Bryant is globally financially connected) before it ended up with Tripp

Posted by: Jim41 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 01:08PM

Halliburton who owned Brown & Root at the time built the original Greenway

Posted by: SRRes ()
Date: July 13, 2014 03:32PM

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/07/24/realestate/a-326-million-private-toll-road-to-spur-growth.html

1994 NYT article--Halliburton physically BUILT it.

Bryant funded it, and formed the original investment co.

Now look up M. O. Bryant and Carlisle.

Posted by: in the know333 ()
Date: July 13, 2014 03:34PM

Gerrymanderer owns it, he is a billionare

Posted by: R U Kidding ()
Date: July 13, 2014 04:15PM

It was a shovel ready job..obviously OBAMA. You did not build it!

Posted by: Independent ()
Date: July 13, 2014 04:29PM

How many topics on the Greenway does one forum need?

Posted by: Al B Gore ()
Date: July 13, 2014 05:17PM

I invented the Greenway!

Posted by: FnujD ()
Date: July 13, 2014 07:05PM

I miss the old threads.

-BL

P.S. My only theory of time travel is this: While you could go backwards in time, it would only be as an observer, in a sub-dimensional sense (i.e. a ghost). Nobody in the 3D plane would see you, and if they did, they'd ignore you as some kind of figment.

Posted by: Greenway News ()
Date: August 26, 2014 07:54PM

I love the Greenway! It's a cheap and easy way to get from Leesburg to Washington DC!!!

Posted by: Abe Lincoln ()
Date: August 26, 2014 08:45PM

I did. I built this city.

Posted by: Greenway News ()
Date: December 19, 2014 11:35PM

The Greenway is the most efficient form of transportation between Dulles and Leesburg!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.