HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
to the pedestrian with a death wish
Posted by: morning_commuter ()
Date: June 01, 2006 12:32PM

To the angry dork crossing the street this morning at the Vienna metro:

Next time you stop traffic to pick a fight with a driver, I hope you get what you want. Maybe they'll kick your ass on the street, or maybe they won't be paying attention when you dart out in front of their car and they'll flatten your scrawny, back-pack wearing, Eddie Bauer-clad ass to the ground. It might make flicking them off a little more difficult though, so think about it first. You were probably trying to make a point that it is a crosswalk and everyone should yield to you, so like I told you at the time, keep walking. Be warned, I'm selling the Maxima I was driving this morning and my SUV doesn't quite stop as easily, so I don't recommend that you pull that shit again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to the pedestrian with a death wish
Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: June 01, 2006 12:57PM

Was this person crossing against the pedestrian signal (big orange hand)?

Date: June 01, 2006 01:06PM

No, just along the painted walkway in the middle of a six-lane road. The speed limit is pretty slow and I wasn't exceeding it, but he waited in an adjacent lane until I was close and stepped in front of me.

Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: June 01, 2006 01:43PM

Sounds like he violated this law. Careless or malicious, take your pick, but if what you described is the case, then it's one of those.

ยง 46.2-923. How and where pedestrians to cross highways.

When crossing highways, pedestrians shall not carelessly or maliciously interfere with the orderly passage of vehicles. They shall cross, wherever possible, only at intersections or marked crosswalks. Where intersections contain no marked crosswalks, pedestrians shall not be guilty of negligence as a matter of law for crossing at any such intersection or between intersections when crossing by the most direct route.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: June 01, 2006 02:49PM

morning_commuter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To the angry dork crossing the street this morning
> at the Vienna metro:
>
> Next time you stop traffic to pick a fight with a
> driver, I hope you get what you want. Maybe
> they'll kick your ass on the street, or maybe they
> won't be paying attention when you

So basically what you are saying is that you were intimidated by the Eddie Bauer wearing dork and sat there like a pussy while he screamed at you in your Maxima. Now you are being all tough on this board because you were such a little girl this morning that you have to try to make yourself feel more like a man. You, sir, are a sad-ass pussy.

Date: June 01, 2006 03:13PM

Maybe I didn't feel it was worth my time to fight a guy who can't even cross the street correctly.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 01, 2006 04:02PM

or MAYBE you were afraid of this weakling because you are even weaker. :)

i had to say it because you said maybe. you left it as a possibility not a definate.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Meow! ()
Date: June 01, 2006 07:00PM

morning_commuter Wrote:
> Maybe I didn't feel it was worth my time to fight
> a guy who can't even cross the street correctly.

So you had no time to fight the guy this morning, but apparently have so much time today that you can pop off on a message board and wait turgidly for respones to your original post?? What a tough guy you are. Just kick his ass next time and then come here and pop off and you might be taken more seriously.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: June 01, 2006 08:02PM

morning_commuter Wrote:
> Maybe I didn't feel it was worth my time to fight
> a guy who can't even cross the street correctly.

Or maybe you're an idiot.

The person to talk to was the guy who "jumped out in front of your car", though I somehow doubt that's what actually happened. Doesn't sound like he was trying to 'pick a fight' if all you ended up saying was 'keep moving'.

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: June 01, 2006 08:04PM

I drive alot of miles each day and I always see the homo types step into traffic to lecture drivers. I have yet to see a 150 pound homo win a fight with a 4000 pound machine.
I also see joggers in the middle of the street at 5 am. You have got to figure most drivers at that time of the morning are still asleep at the wheel or just coming home from an all night bender. Either way you are screwed, get your asses back on the sidewalk where they belong.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 01, 2006 09:53PM

I never fail to be amazed at the morons who jog in the street RIGHT NEXT TO A SIDEWALK. Like the pavement will enhance the running.

Or the morons who ride a bike on a busy road that HAS A BIKE PATH ALONGSIDE IT (I'm looking at you, McArthur Blvd biker assholes, General McArthur would have had you all mowed down with a tank)

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: June 01, 2006 11:13PM

Asphalt is softer than concrete and better for running. The bikers have no excuse, I hate sharing the road with those fuckers.

Date: June 02, 2006 03:48AM

mad max, JD Wrote:
> Asphalt is softer than concrete and better for
> running.

the proper shoes are far more important and better for saving your feet and knees. jogging in the road is rather stupid if you ask me.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 02, 2006 01:21PM

asphalt maybe softer..but usually there is a stretch of grass somewhere near that sidewalk and the road. If you were seriously that anal about the softness of the ground you are jogging on, you would be better off on the grass. The benefit between asphalt and concrete though...I highly doubt is THAT much different.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: June 02, 2006 02:09PM

Trogdor the Burninator Wrote:
> asphalt maybe softer..but usually there is a
> stretch of grass somewhere near that sidewalk and
> the road. If you were seriously that anal about
> the softness of the ground you are jogging on, you
> would be better off on the grass. The benefit
> between asphalt and concrete though...I highly
> doubt is THAT much different.

You're not taking into account the asshole dog owners who do not clean up after their beloved shit machines. I avoid that strip of grass at all times.

Date: June 02, 2006 04:34PM

ah..yeah. Didn't think about that. I'm a dog owner but I actually do clean up after the dog. I would imagine that strip isn't always very flat either. Either way though, I must agree with Gravis. A good pair of shoes will benefit more then the difference between concrete and asphalt. Also I would think that asphalt would only be softer during the hot summer weather when heat softens it up. Otherwise it's probably just as solid as concrete. But then again, I've never personally performed tests and I don't jog.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 02, 2006 10:25PM

mad max, JD Wrote:

>
>
> You're not taking into account the asshole dog
> owners who do not clean up after their beloved
> shit machines. I avoid that strip of grass at all
> times.

I never allow my dog to shit there. I save it for me.

Date: June 03, 2006 02:39AM

if you are so pissed off at pedestrians, just play some GTA3. driving down the sidewalk is effective. :)

Date: June 03, 2006 11:49AM

morning-commuter is a pussy. He's like that character in Office Space with the red stapler. When no one is around, he mumbles under his breath about how he is going to kick someone's ass and how someday someone will pay. Then the minute he is confronted he's all, "yes sir" and "no sir" and "whatever you say, sir." In other words, he has no balls.

At the very least, don't embarrass yourself by demonstrating to the world that you have no balls by coming on a site like this and making a mockery of yourself. The next time something like this happens, I want to hear from you only after you have posted bail for punching a guy.

That is all...

Posted by: southrun ()
Date: June 03, 2006 01:47PM

there are plenty of those street walking douche bags in my neck of the woods. desperate housewives walking 3 wide in the street..all the while there is a perfectly suitable SIDEWALK only a few feet away.

Date: June 03, 2006 02:56PM

you forget... the red stapler-wielding fellow burned the entire office down and committed embezzlement at the end of the movie..

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: June 03, 2006 03:01PM

AsRe: to the pedestrian with a death wish
Posted by: mad max, JD (IP Logged)
Date: June 01, 2006 11:13PM

Asphalt is softer than concrete and better for running.

You have got to be kidding me! Just wait, and it will happen, when some self important soccer mom bitch who has a SUV filled with screaming kids, a video playing and a cell phone in her ear runs you down. See how "soft" the Cadillac SUV feels running your ass over.

Date: June 03, 2006 03:10PM

witht he suspension on that vehicle, I would imagine it would be a pretty smooth hit and run for the soccer mom and kids.

Date: June 03, 2006 06:43PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> you forget... the red stapler-wielding fellow
> burned the entire office down and committed
> embezzlement at the end of the movie..

And he was still a pussy at the end of the movie. He couldn't get a drink on the beach. And he didn't commit embezzlement. Ron Livingston did. He just happened across the money.

Anyway, that is what is going to happen to morning_commuter. He's going to keep it all pent up. Then one day, he is going to go 70 MPH down K-Street, crunching every cross-walking lobbyist, civil service geek and PR chick who can't get out of his way fast enough.

Sad, sad asshole.

Date: June 03, 2006 09:11PM

You're right, he just committed theft.

Posted by: Eddie Bauer-Clad Ass ()
Date: June 05, 2006 08:03PM

I understand the asshole who tried to run me down outside of the Vienna Metro has been on here talking smack about me.

Let me set the story straight. I was walking across a designated crosswalk during the morning commute. Suddenly, this asshole in a Maxima comes tearing down the road at what must have been 50MPH! He finally saw me and slammed on his breaks. I almost shit my pants!

Needless to say, I was fucking pissed! I ran over to the driver's side and starting asking him what his fucking problem was. Just then, I noticed he had no pants on. He was wearing fishnet stockings and had a Starbuck's coffee cup sitting over his crotch. The lid was off and in the foam I could see his small dong bobbing in it.

"What the fuck?" I said.

"Please don't spank me!" he replied.

Suddenly I realized he was wearing lipstick and had false eyelashes on. Then I noticed there were two naked Korean guys hiding in the back of the car. It dawned on me that this guy was a fucking flamer who was into weird sex with Koreans! He must have just come over from Merrifield or something.

I was so shocked that I hardly had time to react when the asshole sped off.

Weird. Fucking weird.

Posted by: after stop ()
Date: March 26, 2017 02:44PM

right turn on red

Posted by: mc6Tk ()
Date: March 26, 2017 03:02PM

Some people who need money do this so they can sue the person hitting them.

I remember one night in McLean when I was coming from work down to the dark street intersection with 123, I was stopping to look and to make a right turn N onto 123. It was really dark there, no lights, and suddenly this person dressed entirely in black from head to toe appeared out of nowhere and stepped right in front of my car as I started to do the right turn. It was dark at that intersection with no street lights, and they were not seen to be standing at this corner, so they must have been hiding in the bus shelter or something, as there first appeared to be no one in the area. I missed that person by inches, and they did not stop walking out into the street. Luckily I don't peel out of my traffic stops or this would not have turned out so well.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.