HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS NOT Reopening in the Fall & Other Insider Info
Posted by: Brabrand Insider- Double Agent ()
Date: July 11, 2020 07:31AM

Greetings Taxpayers,

I thought you might enjoy some insider information I have from working with SuperNintendo Brabrand. He has squirmed his way through a few town hall sessions now and managed to do his typical mealymouthed non-answering thing. Lets get to some real answers:

1. FCPS is not reopening in the fall. Why do you think the return of students was pushed back until Sept. 8th? It's so the schools have cover when they magically discover Covid still exists and spreads in filthy schools. He'll make the announcement that because of "a recent outbreak" he's making the "difficult decision" to do all virtual learning.

2. Giving the parents choice about sending their kids back to school wasn't about choice, it was about liability. If you elected to send your kids back to FCPS and they get sick, it was your choice-thus limiting the liability of FCPS. That's why they would never make it mandatory. When schools do actually reopen (probably spring) they will retain parental choice to limit liability.

3. There isn't enough PPE and cleaning supplies to actually open the schools. They have made "staggered orders" of cleaning supplies and PPE. This means that there is enough cleaning supplies for a week or two of operation- and that's it. The rest of the supplies aren't even available and are on backorder. FCPS does have huge orders of supplies but they're not scheduled for delivery until the end of October. IF you work for FCPS, just go look in a supply closet. Let us know if you see it filled with cleaning supplies...

4. So why don't they just let parents know now so they can plan for 100% virtual?

Because parents are idiots and FCPS is a big ole group of cowards. Parents want babysitting to happen no matter what the risk is because they raise insufferable children. They would hee and haw if Brabrand told them the actual plan of 100% virtual in the fall. Nobody wants to deal with that so they smile and nod and tell you what you want to hear.

Parents think the job of the schools is to: raise their children, provide free babysitting, provide food, provide computers, provide internet, provide free therapy, etc. Parents have completely unrealistic expectations about what a school can/should do for students. Since fall will be all virtual, you're going to need to figure out who is going to watch your kids during the day. They will be EDUCATED using the FINEST distance learning software money can buy. Plan accordingly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS NOT Reopening in the Fall & Other Insider Info
Posted by: Coach's telling my kid 2 prepare ()
Date: July 11, 2020 07:54AM

I heard that around 80% of parents responded they want their kids back in the classroom in the surveys and that this shocked the commies at Gatehouse. They were expecting 50/50. Teacher friends of my wife are pissed and have been complaining about the parents in their online chats. My wife shows me the funnier ones. Some of these teachers are like rabid dogs in their hatred of the parents for daring to cross them.

Posted by: mmmmahhhhdiii ()
Date: July 11, 2020 07:54AM

so just because old people are sick we have to rob children of their childhood?

not necessary...open those schools back up

Posted by: I could see that ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:52AM

OP could have pulled all of this out of their ass... but I bet they are right.

You either get back to normal and accept 300k-600k of the country’s least healthy people will die (I’m all for this, 90% of them have already lived full lives or dug their own graves with KFC buckets) or you keep sheltering in place until there’s a cure.

If they are trying to perpetually slow the spread then there are 100s of hurdles not addressed not to mention 80% of parents feel safe sending their kids in and yet only 30%ish teachers feel safe going.

Posted by: Back to the classroom ()
Date: July 11, 2020 10:00AM

This involves pure laziness on the teachers part. Plenty of other private sector jobs, that have poor or no benefits, including no paid sick leave or summers off, require intense exposure to people on a daily basis. Kids are one of the least at risk groups to acquire the Coronavirus. Distance learning is a miserable failure and if DL was truly needed, which it is not, one teacher could cover many classes instead of one teacher being assigned to one class. I can slready see it now. Teacher is to scared to teach becsuse she is "afraid" she will get sick. During this time, in the evening, teacher goes to her favorite sit down resturant with her husband and kids. She is not the least bit concerned that the server might contract the Coronairus and get sick due to her actions. Bottom line teachers need to return to in classroom instruction starting at the begining of September.

Posted by: FCPS Two Teacher Family ()
Date: July 11, 2020 11:11AM

I've been reading and listening to all the comments regarding a return to school this fall and it's becoming difficult to imagine the school year being successful or enjoyable for anyone.
Our community needs to us to open our schools. Distance learning does not work for most of our students and families. If we want to continue to get paid we must try to open up our schools. The fact that the teachers union doesn't understand this is sad. That being said school buildings will not be fun and welcoming places for students this year. The rules and procedures placed on everyone within the building will be depressing. Without clubs, sports, and socialization a lot of kids will be turned off from school quickly. I understand all the health concerns teachers face, but many other professions face the same issues. We simply need to try our best to make it work and trust our leaders to pull the plug if the situation deteriorates. We owe it to the community to give it our best shot.

Posted by: November 4, 2020 ()
Date: July 11, 2020 11:29AM

Not to worry. The entire pandemic situation around the U.S. will be resolved when Biden wins election as our 46th President.

Schools will reopen, businesses will return to normal operation, and the cases of COVID will disappear.

All of this will happen on Wednesday November 4, 2020

Posted by: Teacher Bro ()
Date: July 11, 2020 11:59AM

Teachers have been jerked around by admin for months now. The only thing we were told for sure is we weren't getting a raise, Not having to buy gas will be our raise this year. I think we need to do distance learning all year so parents can finally appreciate teachers. Parents are ungrateful and hardly even thank teachers for the hard work we put in.

The problem with distance learning was Brabrand and Gatehouse. You think teacher's were the one's who messed up procuring Blackboard? There are giant office buildings full of people who don't teach who should have checked to make sure it was working before the roll out. The head of IT was an elderly white woman. Focus your hate there, where it belongs.

I notice A LOT of racism when it comes to reopening. As soon as you give the white people of Fairfax a little money they think everyone around them is their servant. That's how you disgusting people sound. You want mammy's to raise your kids while you work from home for SAIC or the federal government. Covid affects Black people more than whites and that is part of the push to get everyone back in school. What do these white folks care if some black folk die? These white people wouldn't even support the meals tax to support their schools and pay a fair wage. Can't have Karen paying a little more for takeout.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: July 11, 2020 12:10PM

November 4, 2020 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not to worry. The entire pandemic situation around
> the U.S. will be resolved when Biden wins election
> as our 46th President.
>
> Schools will reopen, businesses will return to
> normal operation, and the cases of COVID will
> disappear.
>
> All of this will happen on Wednesday November 4,
> 2020

^no surprise as the federal, state and local democrats have been making it miserable for us and will continue to do so until we cry uncle and vote them back into office so they can continue their corrupt politic’ing.

Liars and cheats, the politics of the elite.

Posted by: fed up parent ()
Date: July 11, 2020 03:31PM

The teachers have had it easy for the past few months, a couple of hours with a few students online. They need to get back in the classroom in the fall and do what they are paid to do.....teach! I mean come on, really, teaching PE online....please

I have heard the complaints:

We didn't get raises
FCPS may go back to classroom instruction and other school districts may not.
If they go back in the classroom they may get Covid from one the students
It may cause a hardship for them as they cant afford child care for their own children.

Well that's not anyone's problem but your own. If you dont want to be a teacher, go do something else.

Posted by: schooler ()
Date: July 11, 2020 03:45PM

I think the first post is really hitting the nail on the head. It's interesting that this was posted this morning and yesterday the VA Gov threatened to go back to a level 2 because there was a huge increase in new cases for one day. Almost 1000 in one day. Just something to think about.

Posted by: .FCPSer. ()
Date: July 11, 2020 07:26PM

Dose anyone think the system will continue to renovate the buildings with staff and students in them. The two spent the early part of the pandemic occupying the same space. Will it continue to be the mantra of FCPS' Office of Design and Construction to renovate schools and campuses with kids and staff using the same halls stairs and doorways as the covid carrying Mexican construction workers. Why are millions of dollars being spent on building that no one can occupy? Will voters be passing another 400 million dollar bond referendum this election cycle or have taxpayers had enough? Don't worry though FCPS has enough money to change school names so everything will be OK!

Posted by: kjlasdjflkjlkf0eoiuyer ()
Date: July 11, 2020 09:37PM

Brabrand Insider- Double Agent Wrote:
> Greetings Taxpayers,

> 2. Giving the parents choice about sending their
> kids back to school wasn't about choice, it was
> about liability. If you elected to send your kids
> back to FCPS and they get sick, it was your
> choice-thus limiting the liability of FCPS.
> That's why they would never make it mandatory.
> When schools do actually reopen (probably spring)
> they will retain parental choice to limit
> liability.

Why does everyone think it will be in any way helpful to "wait until spring?" For sports or anything else. What will be different then? Answer: NOTHING.

If your plan is to lockdown until the virus goes away please plan on hiding in your basement for about 5 years. Because it's not going away. Get some balls and return to normal life.

I have been going to work and living my daily life since this debacle started. I take no precautions and have taken two vacations including the beach. Our office never closed. No one has been infected. We are back at the gym for weeks, eating at restaurants, etc. Get out of your fucking houses and live.

Posted by: Parent1998 ()
Date: July 12, 2020 05:12PM

When are they going to tell us that school is going all virtual. We need to find out so we can make arrangements for care.

Posted by: Henrietta ()
Date: July 12, 2020 05:21PM

^^^^^
FFX County teachers don't CARE!

Date: July 12, 2020 05:37PM

It's all so tiresome dealing with these lazy racist parents. They think professional teachers are just there to serve them. Teachers will teach your kids using distance learning. Your job as a parent is to provide care for them. The teacher is not responsible because you had kids and aren't responsible enough to take care of them, bro.

If you have a job that doesn't allow you to stay home and care for your kids- get a different job. Why don't you just get a job that pays enough to let your wife stay home and watch them? If you're divorced (like most white Fairfax parents) you shouldn't have treated your wife so poorly. Teachers are sick of parents making poor choices. Really, it's embarrassing and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Parents refusing to be parents is why kids get into drugs and don't ever succeed in life. RAISE YOUR KIDS BRO. Unlike you, teachers actually care about kids and WANT them to succeed. We do the best we can to encourage them to successful. Even the best teacher is no substitute for a good parent. Sadly, many white Fairfax students have parents who are so focused on themselves that they ignore their kids.

Posted by: Parent 84 ()
Date: July 12, 2020 07:27PM

To the people who think parents just want the kids to go back because we think it is daycare -

Fuck you.

When my wife and I planned to have kids AND fucking careers, there were a few constants we took into account. One of these was that our kid would go to school from the hours of 8 or so until 3 or so. Not daycare, but something that was taken into account.

Now that there is no longer that constant in the equation, things get a bit... well fucked up. Luckily my wife and I are well fucking off, do well in our careers and can afford to pay for a babysitter to hang out with our kid while we earn a combined 7 figure income.

Other parents who planned on the constant of having full time school in the mix aren't so lucky.

So fuck off to you people who say we think school is daycare. And fuck off to the teachers who don't want to go back and do their fucking jobs. If I did that at my job, I would be fired.

Posted by: Buses With 14 Children ()
Date: July 12, 2020 08:15PM

Double trips all day . All a Democrat plan to ruin Americas youths education so as social leeches they must vote (D) in the future to keep the welfare check coming

Posted by: Responding to teacher Bro ()
Date: July 12, 2020 11:16PM

Teacher Bro Wrote:

My kids have all graduated Teach. That could mean that I don't have a dog in this fight. It could also mean that I am able to look on this as a disinterested observer.

So lets start with cost. Fairfax County residents are paying Cadillac prices for educating its students. The cost of FCPS comes to about $2,700 for every man, woman and child living in Fairfax County. The cost of providing an online education to the student population using national averages for online classes would come to about $1,100 per Fairfax resident. So what are the benefits of the proposed FCPS arrangement for 2020-2021 that justify that additional $1,600 per resident cost?

Or are the residents of the county simply paying to preserve infrastructure for 2021-2022? If it is the latter, then what about the fact that Fairfax residents paid for a full year education for 2019-2020 but only got 2/3 of what they paid for?

Plus in the past FCPS was a five day a week program and most online education programs are geared towards providing five days a week worth of instruction, FCPS will be operating on a four day a week basis.

Two of my kids took classes online while in high school. At that time FCPS policy was that kids had to be cleared individually to take online classes because online classes were not appropriate for the typical FCPS student. Even with this process a number of kids from TJHSST were caught cheating. Now FCPS is proposing to educate the bulk of its population using a system that school administrators said was inappropriate a few years ago, and which even top students may game.

Then there is the question of student equity. The typical FCPS student is simply being offered a choice between online and part time school. Some students with certain labels will be offered additional in person instruction regardless. Then Braband has stated that although FCPS is starting out offering part time in school students two days a week in person, that number MAY INCrEASE IF ENOUGH STUDENTS OPT FOR ONLINE EDUCATION. In other words the more students stay at home, the better the quality of education will be for those who do choose to go to school.

Then we still have the wildcards of whether FCPS will be able to get its shit together to offer a decent online education program, and whether FCPS teachers and administrators are going to be willing to crack the whip if students disrupt the online educational process. My experience on the latter is that they will not. In talking to teachers all of them have said "I can't punish kids for misbehaving online. It wouldn't be fair to kids whose parents cannot monitor them."

Notice I have not to this point addressed the fact that the system will mean child care issues for tens of thousands of parents. You may dismiss it, yet FCPS recognizes its importance for some populations. FCPS operated SACC this summer notwithstanding Covid, and is expected to continue offering this in the fall. Can't have it both ways. If typical Fairfax parents need to suck it up then this should apply across the board. So axe SACC.

Posted by: GC9CL ()
Date: July 13, 2020 10:03AM

I think FCPS is miscalculating what parents want.

As an example, on a school district facebook group I won't mention there were a handful (say 5-6) parents that were stridently arguing against in-school education. Hysterical Branch Covidians. Dominating the facebook group. You would have thought everyone was against in-school learning this fall.

At some point, one individual asked for a simple response from everyone whether they planned to choose to send their kids to school or stay-at-home. Within a day, 100s of parents had posted their intention to send their kids to school. I think easily 2/3 of parents would like that option.

Social media is not real life folks. Get off of it now.

Posted by: FCPS Parent ()
Date: July 13, 2020 10:24AM

I think 70% of students will choose to return to school for whatever amount they are allowed. Some more affluent schools will have a lower percentage and title 1 schools will have a higher percentage.
This means most teachers will be back at school doing face to face teaching which could be one a major issue since most are asking for distance learning.

Posted by: pk8yy ()
Date: July 13, 2020 11:21AM

How are they planning on teaching kindergarten or 1st grade students using distance learning? Can't be done. So all those teachers need to be let go.

Propaganda news outlet NBC4 was saying last week that FCPS was changing to 3 days a week in-school for those who choose it and 3-feet distance instead of 6 feet. What up wit dat teaching bro?

Posted by: Dan Knows ()
Date: July 13, 2020 11:24AM

Sesame Street

Posted by: Oiknf ()
Date: July 13, 2020 11:34AM

If regular "live" classes are not being held five days a week then Gym teachers and coaches need to be let go. C'mon distance learning for sports and Gym class? You might as well just stream a really old Richard Simmons workout video from the 80's and let the little snowflakes watch it from home.

Posted by: Concerned parents ()
Date: July 13, 2020 12:38PM

The rest of you all are crazy to send your kids back if fcps doesn’t even have enough cleaning supplies. We put in for online learning since my mother in law lives with us. Even if the kids don’t get sick we have family members to think about. All the other parents we know want to do online classes. The rest of you guys are nuts to send your kids out into this.

Posted by: k7uhc ()
Date: July 13, 2020 06:23PM

Concerned parents Wrote:
> The rest of you all are crazy to send your kids
> back if fcps doesn’t even have enough cleaning
> supplies. We put in for online learning since my
> mother in law lives with us. Even if the kids
> don’t get sick we have family members to think
> about. All the other parents we know want to do
> online classes. The rest of you guys are nuts to
> send your kids out into this.

What are you talking about? Where is the evidence this virus is spreading from casual touch contact? We clean nothing at work and no one has gotten infected. We never closed at all.

Posted by: RealWorker ()
Date: July 13, 2020 08:09PM

There are academy courses like vocational nursing with students who have already graduated high school (18 and over) and older adults - with total class enrollment of 5 students - not only is this a total waste of taxpayer dollars but now they won't even have face to face classes? What a joke.

FCPS teachers need to get a grip ---- all the noise now is because they actually have to come off a long extended break to reality like the rest of us are dealing with. Get over it teachers...put your big girl/boy drawers on and do what you are paid to do like the rest of us are doing.

Teachers are obviously not essential workers because school keeps getting put off, stopped abruptly, etc. Real essential workers work cannot be halted... they are too important.

Posted by: yabodabo ()
Date: July 13, 2020 11:22PM

It's hard enough if a teacher goes on maternity leave mid year, imagine if one died. You think their family won't sue the school? If a kid dies, you think the parents won't sue the school? Even if they were the ones demanding the schooled opened.

Imagine if even 15% of the teachers got sick from covid, they wouldn't be back for a at least 2wks+ possibly more. The schools are in a lose-lose situation due to possible lawsuits and teachers dying. The germy brats will probably be fine.

Posted by: another student ()
Date: July 13, 2020 11:28PM

Please, please clothes schools. I don't want to go there.

Posted by: 9CCG4 ()
Date: July 14, 2020 06:49AM

yabodabo Wrote:
> It's hard enough if a teacher goes on maternity
> leave mid year, imagine if one died. You think
> their family won't sue the school? If a kid dies,
> you think the parents won't sue the school? Even
> if they were the ones demanding the schooled
> opened.
>
> Imagine if even 15% of the teachers got sick from
> covid, they wouldn't be back for a at least 2wks+
> possibly more. The schools are in a lose-lose
> situation due to possible lawsuits and teachers
> dying. The germy brats will probably be fine.

Unless you can literally - and I mean literally - prove you got the virus in the school you shouldn't be allowed to sue. Which means of course no lawsuit because that's something that can be proved. Which is why no one has ever successfully sued anyone over a cold or a flu infection.

Posted by: Kids need to go back to school ()
Date: July 14, 2020 08:36AM

Concerned parents Wrote:
> The rest of you all are crazy to send your kids
> back if fcps doesn’t even have enough cleaning
> supplies. We put in for online learning since my
> mother in law lives with us. Even if the kids
> don’t get sick we have family members to think
> about. All the other parents we know want to do
> online classes. The rest of you guys are nuts to
> send your kids out into this.
Spoken like a real FFX County school teacher.Nice try. No,absolutely not. The kids need to back to school.

Posted by: yabodabo ()
Date: July 14, 2020 10:31AM

9CCG4 Wrote:
> yabodabo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's hard enough if a teacher goes on maternity
> > leave mid year, imagine if one died. You think
> > their family won't sue the school? If a kid
> dies,
> > you think the parents won't sue the school?
> Even
> > if they were the ones demanding the schooled
> > opened.
> >
> > Imagine if even 15% of the teachers got sick
> from
> > covid, they wouldn't be back for a at least
> 2wks+
> > possibly more. The schools are in a lose-lose
> > situation due to possible lawsuits and teachers
> > dying. The germy brats will probably be fine.
>
> Unless you can literally - and I mean literally -
> prove you got the virus in the school you
> shouldn't be allowed to sue. Which means of
> course no lawsuit because that's something that
> can be proved. Which is why no one has ever
> successfully sued anyone over a cold or a flu
> infection.

It's naive to think a new precedent cannot be set. If a high number of children in a class become infected and a student and/or teacher die, there will be lawsuits.

I get that you can't deal with your shitty, bratty kids and need a teacher for a babysitter. But this is going to be a shitshow no matter what happens.

Date: July 14, 2020 10:51AM

Some you parentbros are confusedbros. Teachers don't decide if there is a snow day or school is online only. That's Brabrandbro and the schoolboardbros. The mentally lazy parents just blame teachers since that's all they know about the school system.

I was pretty cool with most parents before reading this. Many of them are lazy, stupid, and racist but I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. So many parents in this thread have a "fuck teachers" attitude and several have said they don't care if teachers (or kids!) die of covid. How are professional teachers supposed to react to that information? You want daycare so bad you're willing to let students and staff get sick and die? That's the position I'm hearing. So you're willing to do all this because you're so lazy you won't take care of your own kids? When the kids come back to virtual and regular school I'm going to do my best to make sure they're supported. I can't imagine having any of you as a parent and it's sad you have that attitude towards your kids. Trash.

The utter lack of respect from parents is why so many kids end up with an entitlement attitude that gets them nowhere. I'm going to ask a question to all the parents that say everything is safe and there is no danger. How many Black Lives Matter protests did you go with your kids? Since it's perfectly safe I'd imagine you want to take your kids to the biggest historical event of our lifetimes. All of you parents should be out there protesting for Black Lives Matter since you have all this quality time with your kids. Spend that time doing something important with them.

Posted by: 4vwd7 ()
Date: July 14, 2020 11:02AM

Teacher Bro Wrote:
> The utter lack of respect from parents is why so
> many kids end up with an entitlement attitude that
> gets them nowhere. I'm going to ask a question to
> all the parents that say everything is safe and
> there is no danger. How many Black Lives Matter
> protests did you go with your kids? Since it's
> perfectly safe I'd imagine you want to take your
> kids to the biggest historical event of our
> lifetimes. All of you parents should be out there
> protesting for Black Lives Matter since you have
> all this quality time with your kids. Spend that
> time doing something important with them.

You do have a point. Since teacher's are nothing more than brain-washed Communist assets I suppose it would be better if they don't go to school.

BLM = Burn Loot Murder

A communist plot

Posted by: EML ()
Date: July 14, 2020 11:41AM

9CCG4 Wrote:
> Unless you can literally - and I mean literally -
> prove you got the virus in the school you
> shouldn't be allowed to sue. Which means of
> course no lawsuit because that's something that
> can be proved. Which is why no one has ever
> successfully sued anyone over a cold or a flu
> infection.

You really have no clue about how the legal system works. You don't have to prove that you will win in order to sue. You need to only allege that you could win. Even if that isn't met, there is no prefiling screening. The defective lawsuit can still be brought and the burden is on the person being sued to bring the lawsuit to a premature conclusion.

As for nobody successfully suing anyone, think again. Even in the days before America got a rep for being a litigious society there were successful lawsuits brought over transmission of diseases. A lawsuit brought by teachers against the school system based on classroom exposure would be brought under workman's compensation rules which in Virginia at least are more friendly to the injured worker.

Posted by: run with scissors ()
Date: July 14, 2020 11:50AM

Teacher Bro Wrote:
> Some you parentbros are confusedbros. Teachers
> don't decide if there is a snow day or school is
> online only. That's Brabrandbro and the
> schoolboardbros. The mentally lazy parents just
> blame teachers since that's all they know about
> the school system.
>
> I was pretty cool with most parents before reading
> this. Many of them are lazy, stupid, and racist
> but I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.
> So many parents in this thread have a "fuck
> teachers" attitude and several have said they
> don't care if teachers (or kids!) die of covid.
> How are professional teachers supposed to react to
> that information? You want daycare so bad you're
> willing to let students and staff get sick and
> die? That's the position I'm hearing. So you're
> willing to do all this because you're so lazy you
> won't take care of your own kids? When the kids
> come back to virtual and regular school I'm going
> to do my best to make sure they're supported. I
> can't imagine having any of you as a parent and
> it's sad you have that attitude towards your kids.
> Trash.
>
> The utter lack of respect from parents is why so
> many kids end up with an entitlement attitude that
> gets them nowhere. I'm going to ask a question to
> all the parents that say everything is safe and
> there is no danger. How many Black Lives Matter
> protests did you go with your kids? Since it's
> perfectly safe I'd imagine you want to take your
> kids to the biggest historical event of our
> lifetimes. All of you parents should be out there
> protesting for Black Lives Matter since you have
> all this quality time with your kids. Spend that
> time doing something important with them.

^^^^^ this! Thanks for proving that teachers are totally out of sync with the parents. Teachers are losing their shit that 80% of the surveys came back saying the parents want their kids back in the classrooms as much as possible. They are pissed at the parents. lol

We don't give a shit teachers. Get your lazy asses back in school and teach. The gravy train is over.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 14, 2020 12:31PM

This us against them shit is getting old...and sad.

Parents are not out of line for wanting to have a school system which actually teaches their kids, rather than simply going through the motions. Likewise parents who are afraid of their kids being infected or parents from families where someone is infected are not out of line for wanting an alternative to in classroom education. Taxpayers are not out of line for expecting that school employees, and county employees in general, actually earn the salaries and benefits that they are being paid by providing the services that they agreed to provide in return for those salaries and benefits. Teachers are not out of line for saying that a return to normal will put them on the front lines and will result in large numbers of teachers getting infected and possibly some dying.

Not being out of line does not mean you are entitled to get what you want. What it means is that the interests should be considered. For this to work EVERYONE is going to need to make sacrifices, and the less flexible you are or the greater your needs the more likely you are to get screwed. Would it be fair to everyone-No. But nothing is in life. It would however be fairer to far more people.

Posted by: johnsonweiss ()
Date: July 14, 2020 01:52PM

Those making the decisions about how much risk is appropriate for students, teachers, bus drivers, food service workers, etc. will not be in schools with a reopening. Brabrand and his army of educrats will remain safely socially distanced in their offices at Gatehouse and Willow Oaks. If the risks are so low, perhaps the superintendent, deputy superintendent, assistant superintendents, executive principals, should move their offices to school building for the year. What an incredible way to demonstrate leadership by serving shoulder to shoulder with teachers and custodians. School board members should move their offices to school buildings as well. As we have been told by FCPS from the start, we're all in this together.

Date: July 15, 2020 12:50PM

Arlington just switched to all virtual. Looks like the OP was right and Brabrand lied to everybody. I CANNOT WAIT to teach from home 2 days a week again while getting that FULL pay cheque. I wish I could see the look on all these parents faces when they learn they'll have to spend more time with their children. I bet they'll be sad.

Teacherbro tried to be a bro, but you parentbros had to act like jerks. Now teacher bro gets another 6 month vacation. It's like God is on our side. Now you'll have even more time to go to those Black Lives Matter protest! Racism loses again lol!

Posted by: lmh4s ()
Date: July 15, 2020 04:02PM

Teacherbro is just a troll. If he was actually a teacher he'd know that the 2 day a week option was for kids in school and with most in classroom teachers handling two sets of kids per week. For kids opting for online teaching the option was going to be 4 days per week. So the typical teacher was going to be working 4 days a week either way.

Its interesting though tracking the numbers. A clear majority of Fairfax parents as of yesterday were saying they wanted their kids in school, even if it meant only for 2 days a week. Among teachers though there was a clear majority saying they wanted to teach virtually. However the teachers were being asked this with the understanding that they would be paid the same whether they were teaching online or teaching in the classroom. Would the numbers be the same if there was a pay differential?

Posted by: UonlyU ()
Date: July 15, 2020 09:26PM

Teacher Bro Wrote:
> Teachers have been jerked around by admin for
> months now. The only thing we were told for sure
> is we weren't getting a raise, Not having to buy
> gas will be our raise this year. I think we need
> to do distance learning all year so parents can
> finally appreciate teachers. Parents are
> ungrateful and hardly even thank teachers for the
> hard work we put in.
>
> The problem with distance learning was Brabrand
> and Gatehouse. You think teacher's were the one's
> who messed up procuring Blackboard? There are
> giant office buildings full of people who don't
> teach who should have checked to make sure it was
> working before the roll out. The head of IT was
> an elderly white woman. Focus your hate there,
> where it belongs.
>
> I notice A LOT of racism when it comes to
> reopening. As soon as you give the white people
> of Fairfax a little money they think everyone
> around them is their servant. That's how you
> disgusting people sound. You want mammy's to
> raise your kids while you work from home for SAIC
> or the federal government. Covid affects Black
> people more than whites and that is part of the
> push to get everyone back in school. What do
> these white folks care if some black folk die?
> These white people wouldn't even support the meals
> tax to support their schools and pay a fair wage.
> Can't have Karen paying a little more for takeout.

YOU said it.

Posted by: e939v ()
Date: July 15, 2020 10:04PM

Teacher Bro Wrote:
> The problem with distance learning was Brabrand
> and Gatehouse. You think teacher's were the one's
> who messed up procuring Blackboard? There are
> giant office buildings full of people who don't
> teach who should have checked to make sure it was
> working before the roll out. The head of IT was
> an elderly white woman. Focus your hate there,
> where it belongs.

Fairfax Republicans have been campaigning against the bloated and useless bureaucracy that run our school system. They have been fighting for actual education and teachers. But I am willing to bet you voted every single time for every single politician and school board member that filled that stinking Gatehouse with useless bureaucrats. So STFU!

Posted by: Boo fn hoo ()
Date: July 15, 2020 11:10PM

4vwd7 Wrote:
> Teacher Bro Wrote:
> -----
> > The utter lack of respect from parents is why
> so
> > many kids end up with an entitlement attitude
> that
> > gets them nowhere. I'm going to ask a question
> to
> > all the parents that say everything is safe and
> > there is no danger. How many Black Lives
> Matter
> > protests did you go with your kids? Since it's
> > perfectly safe I'd imagine you want to take
> your
> > kids to the biggest historical event of our
> > lifetimes. All of you parents should be out
> there
> > protesting for Black Lives Matter since you
> have
> > all this quality time with your kids. Spend
> that
> > time doing something important with them.
>
> You do have a point. Since teacher's are nothing
> more than brain-washed Communist assets I suppose
> it would be better if they don't go to school.
>
> BLM = Burn Loot Murder
>
> A communist plot

Yup..spot on

BLM is a commie take over plot..if you go or take your kid..shame on you

Posted by: The future starts NOW ()
Date: July 16, 2020 09:04AM

e939v Wrote:

> Fairfax Republicans have been campaigning against
> the bloated and useless bureaucracy that run our
> school system. They have been fighting for actual
> education and teachers.

Which Fairfax would that be? There has been no real effort to groom the candidates in the years leading up to the election. There has been no effort to identify issues that voters care about and then develop and market solutions to those ideas to voters on a grass roots level that would generate enthusiasm among FAIRFAX VOTERS. It is almost as if a few months before the election the Republicans pick some nice guy/woman at random to stick on the ballot. To credit them the Fairfax Republican party has done a decent job at fielding a demographically diverse field of candidates. However a Republican nonentity isn't going to be a Democratic whack job in Fairfax just on the basis that the Republican isn't a white male. The Republicans need to have an agenda that will sell among the Fairfax electorate, and candidates with name recognition.

2019, Braddock district the Republican challenger ran against possible redistrictings under One Fairfax. I had been involved in three redistrictings in the decade before that involving Braddock district, and I don't remember seeing this guy once. Talking to friends in the district none of them remember this guy showing up at their neighborhood civic association meetings.

So Republicans of Fairfax County, what are you doing TODAY to prepare to mount a successful campaign for school board seats in 2023?

Posted by: FCPSucks ()
Date: July 18, 2020 11:47AM

This "distant learning" is the best thing that has ever happened for teachers. They just have to post some BS lessons online a few days a week and then get their full pay for part time work. There is no accountability. The kids will not do the work, but due to "No Child Left Behind", no kid gets ahead. The admin will make it where there will be no grades so the whole thing will be a joke, and the students will know it.

Posted by: I love FCPS ()
Date: July 18, 2020 02:23PM

People who complain of police brutality = scumbags and criminals who break the law and try to find an excuse for their stupidity.

People who complain that teachers don't do anything = low IQ retards who got dropped on their heads when they were little and grow up to hate school. They also voted for Obama and Clinton.

Posted by: Single Mom in Fairfax ()
Date: July 18, 2020 08:08PM

I really hope Fcps doesn’t go virtual only I’m really sick of spending time with my four kids. It’s just me and them. I can’t keep a man around. I don’t know why, I’m a typical fairfax woman. Someone needs to feed and watch these kids so I can focus on my important job at the patent office. Sports need to start so they have somewhere to go after school. The school shouldn’t expect a parent to spend this much with their kids. It’s unnatural.

Posted by: FCPS Parent - Bad News Brabrand ()
Date: July 21, 2020 08:54AM

Brabrand Insider- Double Agent Wrote:
> Greetings Taxpayers,
>
> I thought you might enjoy some insider information
> I have from working with SuperNintendo Brabrand.
> He has squirmed his way through a few town hall
> sessions now and managed to do his typical
> mealymouthed non-answering thing. Lets get to
> some real answers:
>
> 1. FCPS is not reopening in the fall. Why do you
> think the return of students was pushed back until
> Sept. 8th? It's so the schools have cover when
> they magically discover Covid still exists and
> spreads in filthy schools. He'll make the
> announcement that because of "a recent outbreak"
> he's making the "difficult decision" to do all
> virtual learning.
>
> 2. Giving the parents choice about sending their
> kids back to school wasn't about choice, it was
> about liability. If you elected to send your kids
> back to FCPS and they get sick, it was your
> choice-thus limiting the liability of FCPS.
> That's why they would never make it mandatory.
> When schools do actually reopen (probably spring)
> they will retain parental choice to limit
> liability.
>
> 3. There isn't enough PPE and cleaning supplies
> to actually open the schools. They have made
> "staggered orders" of cleaning supplies and PPE.
> This means that there is enough cleaning supplies
> for a week or two of operation- and that's it.
> The rest of the supplies aren't even available and
> are on backorder. FCPS does have huge orders of
> supplies but they're not scheduled for delivery
> until the end of October. IF you work for FCPS,
> just go look in a supply closet. Let us know if
> you see it filled with cleaning supplies...
>
>
> 4. So why don't they just let parents know now so
> they can plan for 100% virtual?
>
> Because parents are idiots and FCPS is a big ole
> group of cowards. Parents want babysitting to
> happen no matter what the risk is because they
> raise insufferable children. They would hee and
> haw if Brabrand told them the actual plan of 100%
> virtual in the fall. Nobody wants to deal with
> that so they smile and nod and tell you what you
> want to hear.
>
> Parents think the job of the schools is to: raise
> their children, provide free babysitting, provide
> food, provide computers, provide internet, provide
> free therapy, etc. Parents have completely
> unrealistic expectations about what a school
> can/should do for students. Since fall will be
> all virtual, you're going to need to figure out
> who is going to watch your kids during the day.
> They will be EDUCATED using the FINEST distance
> learning software money can buy. Plan
> accordingly.

Keep up the inside info. Looks like Brabrand and the board are moving today to block students. 60% of students opted on premises learning and only 50% of teachers so they are going to say that they can't make those numbers work. The poll was bullshit, they knew that the teachers didn't want to go back.

Posted by: HowSBWorks ()
Date: July 21, 2020 09:14AM

This is how the school board works regardless of subject:

1) Hold a private meeting to decide what they want to do.

2) State publicly that they will hold hearings to determine what to do.

3) Delay for a few months so public forgets the issue.

4) Hold hearings and get public comment.

5) Vote and implement the solution decided in 1) above regardless of what the taxpayers said they wanted during the public hearings.

They DO NOT give a shit about what the taxpayer says, particularly the parents - they are smarter than we are and will implement whatever they decide is best!

Posted by: mxpkp ()
Date: July 21, 2020 09:37AM

HowSBWorks Wrote:
> This is how the school board works regardless of
> subject:
>
> 1) Hold a private meeting to decide what they want
> to do.
>
> 2) State publicly that they will hold hearings to
> determine what to do.
>
> 3) Delay for a few months so public forgets the
> issue.
>
> 4) Hold hearings and get public comment.
>
> 5) Vote and implement the solution decided in 1)
> above regardless of what the taxpayers said they
> wanted during the public hearings.
>
> They DO NOT give a shit about what the taxpayer
> says, particularly the parents - they are smarter
> than we are and will implement whatever they
> decide is best!

^^^^
This is 100% accurate. The last 15-20 years anyway. Whether it is boundary adjustments, transgender studies, school renaming... it's all about generating the APPEARANCE of involving the public. They do what they want.

Posted by: parent of 5 in FCPS ()
Date: July 21, 2020 10:38AM

Simple answer. Let those who support this keep their kids in FCPS. For those who don't, refund the $14K/kid spent by FCPS back to the parents and let them find alternative education. Win/win.

Posted by: Joey jojo ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:14AM

parent of 5 in FCPS Wrote:
> Simple answer. Let those who support this keep
> their kids in FCPS. For those who don't, refund
> the $14K/kid spent by FCPS back to the parents and
> let them find alternative education. Win/

You can always move. Nothing is stopping you from putting kids in private school now. My solution is even better than yours. Yw

Posted by: You know me as ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:37AM

parent of 5 in FCPS Wrote:
> Simple answer. Let those who support this keep
> their kids in FCPS. For those who don't, refund
> the $14K/kid spent by FCPS back to the parents and
> let them find alternative education. Win/win.

Why should we give that $14k to the parents of school age kids. Its not like they paid that money in to the County. The typical Fairfax County parent who has two or more kids in FCPS pays less in taxes to the County than the cost of educating those two kids. The deficit is coming from other Fairfax County residents and taxpaying nonresidents. If we were not spending that money to educate kids in our public schools, that money could be spent on other programs that might provide greater benefits to taxpayers who don't have kids. That money could also be returned to the taxpayers in the form of lower taxes.

As a taxpayer without kids in school I have an obligation to contribute to provide the opportunity for those with school age kids to have a free PUBLIC education. I have no, absolutely zero, obligation to provide for an alternative to public education that parents with school age kids might prefer. If they want the alternative, then let them pay for it.

Posted by: Real Brabrand Insider ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:38AM

I’m always surprised at how easy it is to spread misinformation Claiming it’s insider information without any supporting documentation or validation. Someone can just simply say they are a double agent and list a number of bullets without ever being questioned.

No one knows where we will be a month from now, much less September and beyond. If everyone really cares about opening schools and the economy back up, then we should be willing to endure the inconveniences of wearing masks, distancing, maintaining proper hygiene, etc. to minimize the spread of Covid 19.

Posted by: TheyRSorrySacks ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:39AM

HowSBWorks Wrote:
> This is how the school board works regardless of
> subject:
>
> 1) Hold a private meeting to decide what they want
> to do.
>
> 2) State publicly that they will hold hearings to
> determine what to do.
>
> 3) Delay for a few months so public forgets the
> issue.
>
> 4) Hold hearings and get public comment.
>
> 5) Vote and implement the solution decided in 1)
> above regardless of what the taxpayers said they
> wanted during the public hearings.
>
> They DO NOT give a shit about what the taxpayer
> says, particularly the parents - they are smarter
> than we are and will implement whatever they
> decide is best!

Agree. This is what they did with changing school hours so that MS students go to school first, not HS students. That’s when I realized they operate this way on all issue. They pretend to want the public‘s opinions while never intending to consider them when making their decisions.

Posted by: parent of 5 in FCPS ()
Date: July 21, 2020 12:07PM

You know me as Wrote:
> parent of 5 in FCPS Wrote:
> -----
> > Simple answer. Let those who support this keep
> > their kids in FCPS. For those who don't,
> refund
> > the $14K/kid spent by FCPS back to the parents
> and
> > let them find alternative education. Win/win.
>
>
> Why should we give that $14k to the parents of
> school age kids. Its not like they paid that
> money in to the County. The typical Fairfax
> County parent who has two or more kids in FCPS
> pays less in taxes to the County than the cost of
> educating those two kids. The deficit is coming
> from other Fairfax County residents and taxpaying
> nonresidents. If we were not spending that money
> to educate kids in our public schools, that money
> could be spent on other programs that might
> provide greater benefits to taxpayers who don't
> have kids. That money could also be returned to
> the taxpayers in the form of lower taxes.
>
> As a taxpayer without kids in school I have an
> obligation to contribute to provide the
> opportunity for those with school age kids to have
> a free PUBLIC education. I have no, absolutely
> zero, obligation to provide for an alternative to
> public education that parents with school age kids
> might prefer. If they want the alternative, then
> let them pay for it.

Cool rant pedro. Except there is NO public education now. It's bullshit "on-line" time wasting. Being a childless fool, you didn't get to experience the total nothingness that was the last half of last year, where my kids sat in front of laptops while people posted racist comments for everyone to see and the teachers sat there like zombies.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 21, 2020 12:14PM

Maybe I saw you back when I was fighting the SLEEP initiative.

To be fair, despite their best efforts to manipulate things to stiffle opposition, when the FCPS administration realized its efforts had failed, that not only were most people opposed to changing the school hours, but that the opposition was strong and mobilizing, the FCPS administration backed off. Its what happened afterwards that is the real warning.

Opponents of SLEEP got complascent. They assumed because the FCPS administration had withdrawn that the idea that it was dead and the opponents went back to their lives. SLEEP supporters though had not given up. When the next school board election rolled around they made certain that SLEEP supporters got the nominations, and when election day rolled around they made certain SLEEP candidates were elected. At that point we were screwed.

Posted by: EachOneTeachOne ()
Date: July 21, 2020 04:23PM

People are bashing teachers for being selfish, lazy etc. in the same breath as they are begging for them to spend all day educating their children.

Whole thread smells like a porta potty.

Posted by: rtlo98794 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 09:54PM

To @Brabrand Insider- Double Agent; the person who filled us in: thanks.

Posted by: Taxed for nothing ()
Date: July 22, 2020 10:59AM

Defund FCPS

Posted by: 4nktp ()
Date: July 22, 2020 01:29PM

EachOneTeachOne Wrote:
> People are bashing teachers for being selfish,
> lazy etc. in the same breath as they are begging
> for them to spend all day educating their
> children.

On the other hand that's what they are paid to do.

Posted by: Private School is an option ()
Date: July 22, 2020 02:21PM

4nktp Wrote:
> EachOneTeachOne Wrote:
> -----
> > People are bashing teachers for being selfish,
> > lazy etc. in the same breath as they are
> begging
> > for them to spend all day educating their
> > children.
>
> On the other hand that's what they are paid to do.

Teachers aren't paid to spend 15 hours a day planning and teaching your little Jacksons and Olivias. Send those brats to private school if you demand in-classroom teaching, but don't complain if they get sick from the virus.

Posted by: Facts over emotions ()
Date: July 22, 2020 03:50PM

To be fair, this decision is literally the same as every other local public school district. Hard to be outraged when others have come to the same conclusion.

Posted by: yy4y4 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 04:14PM

Facts over emotions Wrote:
> To be fair, this decision is literally the same as
> every other local public school district. Hard to
> be outraged when others have come to the same
> conclusion.

^^^
FCPS grad. Or teacher. Thinks following lemmings over the cliff is "science."

Posted by: yy4y4 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 04:16PM

Head of the American Federation of Teachers proudly states that it’s all political. Listen from 1:10 to 3:00. It’s all about “DeVoss and Trump.” Nothing to do with "science..."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?474007-3/washington-journal-randi-weingarten-discusses-reopening-schools-amid-pandemic

Posted by: YourKidIsAClownToo ()
Date: July 23, 2020 09:42AM

4nktp Wrote:
> EachOneTeachOne Wrote:
> -----
> > People are bashing teachers for being selfish,
> > lazy etc. in the same breath as they are
> begging
> > for them to spend all day educating their
> > children.
>
> On the other hand that's what they are paid to do.

Guess you’re getting what you paid for then clown. Maybe be just as interested when education funds are being stripped.

Posted by: making no sense, per usual ()
Date: July 23, 2020 09:49AM

YourKidIsAClownToo Wrote:

> Guess you’re getting what you paid for then
> clown. Maybe be just as interested when education
> funds are being stripped.

You wear your irrational anger well lollipop. It seems to have overtaken what little brain cells you had left.

Attachments:
wtf.gif

Posted by: Simple ()
Date: July 23, 2020 10:50AM

Follow the edu leader Harvard.

Harvard was the first to send everyone home from college when Covid19

Harvard was the first to announce 100% online college.

Haravard was the first to sue days after trump admin tried to ban intl students from the usa.

School officials have simple decisions to make to limit their liabilities.

Posted by: osdfjf ()
Date: August 05, 2020 02:05AM

58068636.jpg

Posted by: 09sdfjfj ()
Date: August 05, 2020 02:11AM

Telemundo is publishing the graduation rolls.

India is handling website help calls.

you know it, i know it

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.