HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What are the legal advantages and disadvantages of living together vs marriage?
Posted by: living together vs marriage ()
Date: July 10, 2014 03:05PM

What can I possibly gain from marriage that I won't be able to from just living together? To me, marriage is just a paper that says we belong to eachother. Traditionally it costs us people alot of money and I don't see any good things. However, from legal standpoint, what are advantages and disadvantages of living together vs marriage?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What are the legal advantages and disadvantages of living together vs marriage?
Posted by: SuperTard ()
Date: July 10, 2014 03:11PM

Yet another stupid troll question posted by SuperTard which was lifted from here:

http://lawhelpguru.org/1357/legal-advantages-disadvantages-living-together-marriage

1374100208000-XXX-272-1307171832_4_3.jpg

Re: What are the legal advantages and disadvantages of living together vs marriage?
Posted by: 9 years together not married ()
Date: July 10, 2014 03:30PM

There are some tax benefits especially if your partner does not make a lot of money. Besides that, there really isn't anything.

Posted by: reallyreall ()
Date: July 10, 2014 03:37PM

-if S/o owes a lot of back taxes, student loans, huge mortgage, back child support, etc don't get married yet. Let them fix it first (unless you really WANT to help pay for it).

- make sure you run a background check on them to make sure you're not marrying a convicted felon who can't leave the country for your honeymoon...or a pedo who shouldn't be around kids and you want 3...

-be best friends first. don't stop hanging out (going on dates)- if nothing else, try a new restaurant every month and go on a different active activity (bowling, putt putt, fly a kite, anything) so you don't get bored of each other. If you're broke you can always window shop too- makes for good christmas hints for each other too...

I've never been married myself (my choice) but have watched my dear friends/family crash and burn....

Posted by: tard patrol ()
Date: July 10, 2014 03:40PM

Why are you idiots responding to an obvious troll thread noted as a troll thread? lol

Posted by: askingwhy? ()
Date: July 10, 2014 03:56PM

Because in the end, it doesn't really matter if a troll started the thread or not. As long as it opens up a genuine conversation between 2 or more people- who the fuck cares!

Anyways, The benefits are that you get a high-value partner verses one that nobody else wanted. Intelligent, beautiful women are simply going to demand marriage- that simple.

Posted by: 9 years not married ()
Date: July 10, 2014 04:07PM

askingwhy? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because in the end, it doesn't really matter if a
> troll started the thread or not. As long as it
> opens up a genuine conversation between 2 or more
> people- who the fuck cares!

+10000

>
> Intelligent, beautiful women are simply
> going to demand marriage- that simple.

I have seen plenty of beautiful couples who are successful and not married.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.