HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Obama: I will bypass Congress to fix immigration; Announces less immigration enforcement in interior, more at border
Posted by: Washington Times ()
Date: July 01, 2014 09:25AM

Obama: I will bypass Congress to fix immigration
Announces less immigration enforcement in interior, more at border
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/30/obama-i-will-bypass-congress-fix-immigration/

President Obama began Monday by promising a get-tough approach to illegal immigration at the border and ended it by vowing to reduce enforcement in the interior, signaling a major shift in his policies as he conceded Congress is unlikely to pass a broad legalization bill this year.

Saying he is ready to act unilaterally given the deadlock on Capitol Hill, Mr. Obama plans to shift agents from the interior, where they are responsible for deporting illegal immigrants, to the border to process the surge of children and families trying to gain entry to the U.S.

Mr. Obama also said he will take more action by the end of the summer to try to halt even more deportations from the interior once he gets final recommendations from his attorney general and homeland security chief.

“Today, I’m beginning a new effort to fix as much of our immigration system as I can on my own, without Congress,” the president said from the White House Rose Garden, announcing the shift of “available and appropriate resources” from the interior to the border.

“Protecting public safety and deporting dangerous criminals has been and will remain the top priority, but we are going to refocus our efforts where we can to make sure we do what it takes to keep our border secure,” he said.

The president said he gave House Republicans enough time to approve a bill to legalize illegal immigrants but Republicans refused to cooperate.

Congressional Republicans said it was Mr. Obama’s moves against immigration enforcement that soured cooperation and that unilateral action further reduced the chances for a bipartisan bill.

“I’m shocked that President Obama is calling for more unilateral actions, but I am even more shocked by what he didn’t say today. He said nothing about cracking down on fraudulent asylum claims, nor did he say he would remove those seeking to enter the U.S. illegally,” said House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Virginia Republican.

Mr. Obama has been under fierce pressure from immigrant rights groups to halt deportations within the nation’s interior and pressure to handle the surge of children and families, who have exposed massive holes in border security. Transferring resources could accomplish both of those goals.

But his announcements also sent mixed messages: Those who can sneak past the border and into the interior, or who bypass the border altogether by arriving legally but overstaying their visas, generally will not be targets for deportation, while those caught at the border will be.

Republicans said the suggestion of safety in the interior will only encourage illegal immigration.

Two years ago, Mr. Obama took to the Rose Garden to announce his first major executive action on immigration: a unilateral halt to deportations for up to 1 million young adults in the country illegally through no fault of their own. That move, known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, is one of the reasons Republicans say they can’t trust Mr. Obama to enforce any immigration law it might pass.

Republicans also blame the deferred action and lax enforcement for the surge of children and families, mostly from Central America, who are pouring across the border and overwhelming government resources.

“The president’s own executive orders have led directly to the humanitarian crisis along the southern border, giving false hope to children and their families that if they enter the country illegally, they will be allowed to stay,” House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, said in a statement Monday afternoon. “The White House claims it will move to return these children to their families in their home countries, yet additional executive action from this president isn’t going to stem the tide of illegal crossings; it’s only going to make them worse.”

Mr. Obama denies that his policies are to blame and points to horrific conditions in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.

Still, he has struggled to come up with policies to halt the surge.

On Monday, he sent a letter to Congress saying he will ask for more money to increase the number of immigration judges and to acquire more detention space in an effort to hold illegal immigrants long enough for deportation hearings. He said he hopes that will send a message that new arrivals won’t be allowed to stay.

In contrast, he wants to legalize most of the estimated 11 million immigrants who have already made it into the country illegally.

Mr. Obama has been seeking a way to reduce deportations of rank-and-file illegal immigrants from within the interior, and shifting manpower to the border could give him that chance.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and officers said they have been pulled off the duty of tracking down fugitive criminal immigrants and sent to deal with the surge at the border.

Ahead of his announcement, Mr. Obama met with immigrant rights advocates and faced stiff criticism. Many of them said his plan for border enforcement is inhumane.

“We are outraged at President Obama’s plan to ‘fast track’ deportations of unaccompanied minors,” said Cristina Jimenez, managing director for United We Dream. “This humanitarian crisis requires a humanitarian response. Instead, this administration has placed children and mothers in cold detention centers and is working fast to disregard the conditions from which they fled and to potentially deport them to dangerous situations.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/30/obama-i-will-bypass-congress-fix-immigration/?page=2#ixzz36DsnacAh
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Attachments:
obama-immigrationjpeg-08e1a_s640x503.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Obama: I will bypass Congress to fix immigration; Announces less immigration enforcement in interior, more at border
Posted by: The shit shovels are on sale ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:14PM

Just turn their asses 180 degrees and send them back. Why the bother detaining them? No is no. (Or maybe she wants all legal and illegal Salvadorans now in the country to adopt 3-4 more illegal kids so they can be claimed as family, same as they have been doing all along!

Re: Obama: I will bypass Congress to fix immigration; Announces less immigration enforcement in interior, more at border
Posted by: Where is Gerrymander the Fuck ()
Date: July 01, 2014 11:14PM

What complete and utter bullshit streaming from the mouth of this scum sack of a politician. First he creates the crisis by essentially announcing that he is taking entires of categories of illegals off the books for enforcement. Now he claims he is going to take action... what to attract more illegals?

Now listen retards like Gerrymander, you twinkle toed cocksucker, you cannot do this via executive order dumb ass bed wetter. Illegals do not have status under the law...Congress must create a way to adjust your status...

Your cocksucking party had an absolute majority for the first two years of Obama's Presidency. If illegals were so dear to your fucking little bed wetting hearts, you should have passed amnesty then.

So go fuck yourselves liberals...

Posted by: enough! ()
Date: July 01, 2014 11:36PM

if he does take action on his own, then every freedom-loving american should march to the gates of the white house and demand he be removed

Posted by: Nurse ()
Date: July 01, 2014 11:40PM

The future for those states that expanded Medicaid:

“They’re going to crush the system,” the nurse told me. “We can’t sustain this. They are overwhelming the system and I think it’s a travesty.”

Full story:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/01/medical-staff-warned-keep-quiet-about-illegal-immigrants-or-face-arrest/

Posted by: thanksobama ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:03AM

No longer tracking fugitives. Reallocating resources to borders. All because of his policies.
It's as if he wants the U.S. to sink. He's the worst president in history. Congratulations, Obama, you just took Bush juniors title.

Can we get a mulligan? Reset back to 99?

Posted by: Obama bad for the US ()
Date: July 02, 2014 06:28AM

I don't think we can take anymore of his "Fixes".

Posted by: ????? ()
Date: July 07, 2014 02:28PM

"Fix"???? Hhahhahahahahhahahahhaha!

Posted by: Barack Hussein Obama ()
Date: July 07, 2014 09:43PM

Ich bin ein Hitler.

Posted by: I'm a'hopin for a change ()
Date: July 08, 2014 07:42AM

Liberals,

Honestly, please name a presidential speech more dangerous than Obama's the other day on immigration. Do you really want presidents to have this much power?

Houston black woman goes on EPIC rant about unaccompanied illegals – “Why can’t they go back?”
Posted by: Pissed! ()
Date: July 11, 2014 06:12AM

Houston black woman goes on EPIC rant about unaccompanied illegals – “Why can’t they go back?”
http://therightscoop.com/houston-black-woman-goes-on-epic-rant-about-unaccompanied-illegals-why-cant-they-go-back/

Bernadette Lancelin is very upset that the unaccompanied minors flooding across the border aren’t being sent back home. Instead they are being put in detention centers around the country. Lancelin is out with the local news in Houston because a closed middle school that hasn’t been used in years is now on the list to become another detention center. And she, among others, is furious about it.

It’s not right. Now billions of dollars want to be borrowed from the White House to help feed and house them.

What about the kids here? In our neighborhood? In our country? Not just in this neighborhood but in our country.

All these kids? Really? Why can’t they go back?

I’m sorry that their parents are in poor living conditions or surroundings or whatever’s going on out there. I don’t care.

I care about what’s going on right here in my own back yard, my neighborhood.

Am i the only one in this community that’s out here that watches the news this morning. Oh, my god! I feel alone right now this this, and I’m very saddened by it.
Attachments:
Pissed.png
Pissed1.png

Posted by: The Last of the Americans ()
Date: July 11, 2014 10:41AM

He really just doesn't like this country. His loathing oozes out of every pore. But then again, he's such a citizen of the world and really by extension the universe, how could we expect him to be any different? Dumbocrats thanks for this. Identity politics comes home to roost. He has two and a half more years to pile drive the country into the ground and hand over what remains over to our Chinese masters. Like Nero playing the fiddle, he plays billiards while the country burns.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.