HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Uncle Sam ()
Date: June 30, 2014 10:28AM

Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/mclean/2014/06/27/marine-told-to-take-down-american-flag/11554737/

MCLEAN, Va. (WUSA9) -- A U.S. Marine combat veteran had been told to take down the American flag he flies outside his condominium in McLean.

He contacted WUSA 9 and just one day after our inquiries, the condo changed its tune.

Paolo Advincula had been flying the Marine Corps and U.S. flags outside his condo for months, until security told him to take it down.

"You can't fly the Marine or the American flag. The American flag only during a holiday. July 4th is coming up, you can fly it then but right now you can't fly it. But I said there shouldn't be a rule. It's the American flag it's freedom of speech," Advincula says.

Advincula, a combat Marine veteran who fought in Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom was stunned.

"Then he said: 'Don't try to pull a fast one because I myself am a combat vet and this has been the rule at the Rotonda for 30 plus years," recounted Advincula.

The Rotonda Condominiums went on to tell him why he needed to take down his American flag.

Advincula said the condominium told them he couldn't fly the American flag because it's a community filled with international residents and it might offend the residents that can't fly their own flag.

"That's not the point this is the United States we should be able to fly our flag," said Advincula.

It turns out Advincula is right. According to federal law, the American Flag Act of 2005 and signed into law in 2006 allows residents in condos to fly the American flag.

The general manager of the Rotonda didn't want to go on camera but says because we brought this to his attention they're changing the condo rules.

General Manager Jim Tracy writes: "After careful review of the current law we will update our regulation to permit the display of the American Flag at any time. The individual complaining will be notified of this change today. We will not permit the display of any other flag than that of the United States."

"It goes to show rules can be changed for the better. This was absolutely the right battle to fight. I'm not only doing this for myself but for all veterans who fought and all the proud Americans out there," said Advincula.

Home Owner's Associations recently have been enforcing the rules of prohibiting flying the U.S. flag.

"To me being a veteran, everyday is a holiday in this country, that's why i choose to fly my flag every day," said Advincula.

While the U.S. flag is fine, the Marine Corps flag is not. It has to come down, because there is no law protecting his right to fly it.

Also, Advincula has set up an online petition to allow all Americans to fly the flag on their property. Click here to see the petition. https://www.change.org/petitions/united-states-congress-let-every-american-fly-the-american-flag-on-their-property?recruiter=116361245&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: THE LIBTARD FAIL MACHINE. ()
Date: June 30, 2014 10:32AM

3, 2, 1... as the libtard haters come out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Uncle Sam ()
Date: June 30, 2014 10:39AM

Wasn't there a guy that lived in Vienna too that had a problem with the HOA with the American flag flying?
Attachments:
1461678_639830532743746_206631319_n.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Zounds PD ()
Date: June 30, 2014 11:51AM

If this flag offends you
I'll help you, Paki!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Hoppy ()
Date: June 30, 2014 11:55AM

If he'd flown a Mexican flag nobody would have said a word.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: America is dying ()
Date: June 30, 2014 12:22PM

We are fast on our way to becoming a politically-correct extinct nation. The Rotunda is a shithole full of muslim auto and rug dealers.

You liberals are winning. You have the numbers on your side. I just ask what are you going to do in 20 years when the country is in shambles?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Mehicano ()
Date: June 30, 2014 12:25PM

Hoppy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he'd flown a Mexican flag nobody would have
> said a word.


+1
Attachments:
Animated-Flag-Mexico.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: De6yv ()
Date: June 30, 2014 01:14PM

Troll Troll Troll your boat......

This has nothing to do with the American flag..It is about HOA over-reaching rules that he agreed to when he bought or rented the condo. Would you be posting your blather if the guy was flying a Taliban flag and told to take it down?

Not everthing is a left wing or right wing conspiracy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: makes sense ()
Date: June 30, 2014 01:21PM

Why do associations even restrict flag displays? Some displays can be noisy or unattractive. Having to listen to a "talking" flag or the thump, thump, thump of a metal chain or rope against a flagpole can be an irritant for neighbors. Also, some people consider tattered flags or lights highlighting flags disrespectful. Finally, holes are often drilled to hold flag displays, and that can create water damage issues. All of those potential problems are sound reasons for associations to provide guidance to homeowners on flag displays.

http://www.hoaleader.com/public/139.cfm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They don't allow the installation of satellite dish in the some of the condos here. Instead, the condo association has negotiated all its members use FIOS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: CedkC ()
Date: June 30, 2014 01:32PM

Libtards should be excited. The government enforced its will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Media watch ()
Date: June 30, 2014 01:48PM

The liberal media says the day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: VICTORY!!! ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:27PM

Uncle Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It turns out Advincula is right. According to
> federal law, the American Flag Act of 2005 and
> signed into law in 2006 allows residents in condos
> to fly the American flag.
>
> The general manager of the Rotonda didn't want to
> go on camera but says because we brought this to
> his attention they're changing the condo rules.

Another victory for the US Marines and the Citizens of the United States. Hooorah!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Semper Fickle ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:31PM

This marine sounds like an attention whore. Why contact the media when he could've dealt with this behind the scenes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: pWF7H ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:33PM

Semper Fickle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This marine sounds like an attention whore. Why
> contact the media when he could've dealt with this
> behind the scenes?

Read the article again. He tried and they ignored him. It took the press going to the manager and pointing out the law to the management to get them to change the rules.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Obamas War on America ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:52PM

This is a minor setback in Obama and the DNC's War on America. They are generally having great success in destroying the USA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: (R)etard alert ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:55PM

Mehicano Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hoppy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If he'd flown a Mexican flag nobody would have
> > said a word.
>
>
> +1


So ironic considering his name is Paolo. You fuckin morons. What you dont realize is hispanics and minorities are the largest source of recruiting for the military you whities say you love but never seem to join... that is unless you go to officer school of course ;)

Either way, sounds like an HOA issue. HOAs do this kind of shit all the time, color of door, type of curtains. Ho hum. But please go on about how this is a hugeliberal conspiracy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Well.... ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:57PM

Obamas War on America Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a minor setback in Obama and the DNC's War
> on America. They are generally having great
> success in destroying the USA.

Only for two more years then (thank God) we'll have a new president.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Lol dumbasses ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:59PM

Well.... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obamas War on America Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is a minor setback in Obama and the DNC's
> War
> > on America. They are generally having great
> > success in destroying the USA.
>
> Only for two more years then (thank God) we'll
> have a new president.


Yes because independents and liberals are all lining up to vote in Ted Cruz for president. You fucks won't win a national election for a generation, get used to it. The only thing more unpopular than the president nation wide? Republicans, Congress, and the republican house in that order. Can't wait to see you losers cry all over again when a non-black person also crushes you in 2016.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: THE LIBTARD FAIL MACHINE. ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:07PM

Lol dumbasses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well.... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Obamas War on America Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This is a minor setback in Obama and the
> DNC's
> > War
> > > on America. They are generally having great
> > > success in destroying the USA.
> >
> > Only for two more years then (thank God) we'll
> > have a new president.
>
>
> Yes because independents and liberals are all
> lining up to vote in Ted Cruz for president. You
> fucks won't win a national election for a
> generation, get used to it. The only thing more
> unpopular than the president nation wide?
> Republicans, Congress, and the republican house in
> that order. Can't wait to see you losers cry all
> over again when a non-black person also crushes
> you in 2016.

Yes, so unpopular we'll pick up a few more seat in the House and likely take the Senate as well. Just so unpopular.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: not larry sabato ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:49PM

THE LIBTARD FAIL MACHINE. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol dumbasses Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well.... Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Obamas War on America Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > This is a minor setback in Obama and the
> > DNC's
> > > War
> > > > on America. They are generally having
> great
> > > > success in destroying the USA.
> > >
> > > Only for two more years then (thank God)
> we'll
> > > have a new president.
> >
> >
> > Yes because independents and liberals are all
> > lining up to vote in Ted Cruz for president.
> You
> > fucks won't win a national election for a
> > generation, get used to it. The only thing more
> > unpopular than the president nation wide?
> > Republicans, Congress, and the republican house
> in
> > that order. Can't wait to see you losers cry
> all
> > over again when a non-black person also crushes
> > you in 2016.
>
> Yes, so unpopular we'll pick up a few more seat in
> the House and likely take the Senate as well. Just
> so unpopular.

That tends to happen during off-year elections. In addition, all of the gerrymandering helps with the House elections. (And the Senate results also depend on the mix of seat up for grabs.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: (R)etard alert ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:53PM

THE LIBTARD FAIL MACHINE. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol dumbasses Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well.... Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Obamas War on America Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > This is a minor setback in Obama and the
> > DNC's
> > > War
> > > > on America. They are generally having
> great
> > > > success in destroying the USA.
> > >
> > > Only for two more years then (thank God)
> we'll
> > > have a new president.
> >
> >
> > Yes because independents and liberals are all
> > lining up to vote in Ted Cruz for president.
> You
> > fucks won't win a national election for a
> > generation, get used to it. The only thing more
> > unpopular than the president nation wide?
> > Republicans, Congress, and the republican house
> in
> > that order. Can't wait to see you losers cry
> all
> > over again when a non-black person also crushes
> > you in 2016.
>
> Yes, so unpopular we'll pick up a few more seat in
> the House and likely take the Senate as well. Just
> so unpopular.

Lol. Moh k. Good luxor! See you in November. #RememberMittens #SoConfident #BestNovemberEver

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Bernie Goldberg ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:53PM

And state house after state house is going Conservative.

A fact that the biased media doesn't like to report.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Stupid MSM ()
Date: June 30, 2014 03:59PM

Bernie Goldberg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And state house after state house is going
> Conservative.
>
> A fact that the biased media doesn't like to
> report.


Lol, yea like Virginia & California ;) Is this 2010? Lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: OMG SO CUTZ! ()
Date: June 30, 2014 04:01PM

You guys are so cute. You think you are going to win an election... hahahaha. Ermergerd, so cute. You must have Rove doing your polls again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NoVA Politics! ()
Date: July 01, 2014 06:49AM

I'm pretty certain most people have had enough of both parties and the next big election will be "Pick your favorites" from both parties.

Options: ReplyQuote
McLean Condo Board Reverses Rules: Will Allow Residents to Fly American Flag
Posted by: God Bless America! ()
Date: July 01, 2014 07:22AM

McLean Condo Board Reverses Rules: Will Allow Residents to Fly American Flag
Condo board says "yes" to American flag display.
http://mclean.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/mclean-condo-board-reverses-rules-will-allow-residents-to-fly-american-flag

A McLean couple who fought their condo board in order to be allowed to fly the American flag from their balcony has gotten their wish. They were told last Tuesday to take down their American flag.

So Debbie Sunga and her fiance U.S. Marine Paolo Advincula, fought their HOA at The Rotunda condominium building.

After the couple started a petition "Let Us Fly the American Flag" on change.org, the condo board on Friday at McLean's Rotunda decided to change their minds about allowing the patriotic gesture.

"On Friday, June 27, 2014: Rotonda [sic] management changed its bylaw to allow us to display our American flag every day of the year on our property." Debbie wrote on change.org.
Attachments:
587bee6b387c7d52b0f28a887d33bac2.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Sin ()
Date: July 01, 2014 07:27AM

So they aren't married but living together?
Siners

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: MAKE SENSE ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:43AM

Semper Fickle: Re: "This marine sounds like an attention whore. Why contact the media when he could've dealt with this behind the scenes?"

IF HE'S AN ATTENTION WHORE, THEN I WISH THERE WERE MORE ATTENTION WHORES LIKE THAT OUT THERE. MAYBE THIS WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE...AND BY THE WAY: YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Uh...? ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:45AM

Sin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So they aren't married but living together?
> Siners

What's a siner?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Everyone knows it's windy ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:53AM

Paolo Advincula had been flying the Marine Corps and U.S. flags outside his condo for months, until security told him to take it down.

The key is they make a lot of noise. Condos also don't allow windchimes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Answer! ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:55AM

Uh...? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So they aren't married but living together?
> > Siners
>
> What's a siner?

A "Siner" is a person who can't spell "Sinners" and who posts ridiculous comments in threads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: REALLY?! ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:55AM

Semper Fickle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This marine sounds like an attention whore. Why
> contact the media when he could've dealt with this
> behind the scenes?


Semper Fickle: People like you are so stupid it makes my teeth hurt.

Go to your nearest desktop or smart phone (do it carefully though! don't strain yourself!) ...google the article again or watch the news report...watch it very carefully now, hit pause or rewind if you have to...

OH, DID YOU SEE THAT?!? The part where he said he talked to security and management and he was denied?

okay, good job! You can turn your computer off now and stay off the internet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Undocumented Immigrant ()
Date: July 01, 2014 01:18PM

Like most libs, I hate America. That's why I moved here. I hate every reminder that I'm in America and not in the paradise of my homeland. I'm here for the free stuff. Thanks, and fuck you all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: US Marine ()
Date: July 01, 2014 01:21PM

Undocumented Immigrant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like most libs, I hate America. That's why I
> moved here. I hate every reminder that I'm in
> America and not in the paradise of my homeland.
> I'm here for the free stuff. Thanks, and fuck you
> all!
Attachments:
1461678_639830532743746_206631319_n.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: GetYour FactsRight ()
Date: July 01, 2014 04:21PM

Hoppy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he'd flown a Mexican flag nobody would have
> said a word.


Ummm...The guy is Filipino-American. The Philippines is a 300+ island nation in the Pacific Ocean, whereas Mexico is right below you. #stopassumingdumbshit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: OK ()
Date: July 01, 2014 04:26PM

FOR ANYONE WHO HATES AMERICA (SERIOUSLY) AND HAS NO RESPECT FOR OUR HISTORY, MILITARY, OR THE COMMON GOOD:

GO TO NORTH KOREA AND SET UP A PLAY DATE WITH KIM JONG UN...GO TO IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN AND SELL SOME APPLE PIE TO THE TALIBAN...GO TO THE CONGO AND TELL THEM YOU'RE A VIRGIN. THAT WAY, YOU'LL LEARN TO APPRECIATE THE GOOD OLE' USA. THANK YOU, PAOLO, FOR YOUR SERVICES! IF I COULD, I'D MAIL AN AMERICAN FLAG TO EVERY IGNORANT PERSON WHO HAS NO APPRECIATION FOR WHAT YOU AND YOUR FIANCE DID AND STOOD UP FOR.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Temper Fidelity ()
Date: July 01, 2014 09:38PM

pWF7H Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Semper Fickle Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This marine sounds like an attention whore.
> Why
> > contact the media when he could've dealt with
> this
> > behind the scenes?
>
> Read the article again. He tried and they ignored
> him. It took the press going to the manager and
> pointing out the law to the management to get them
> to change the rules.

Could he not just point out the law himself and threaten to litigate? Or is he an attention whore who is also broke and stupid?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: sdfsfdg ()
Date: July 01, 2014 09:44PM

Temper Fidelity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pWF7H Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Semper Fickle Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This marine sounds like an attention whore.
> > Why
> > > contact the media when he could've dealt with
> > this
> > > behind the scenes?
> >
> > Read the article again. He tried and they
> ignored
> > him. It took the press going to the manager and
> > pointing out the law to the management to get
> them
> > to change the rules.
>
> Could he not just point out the law himself and
> threaten to litigate? Or is he an attention whore
> who is also broke and stupid?



Some people hate lawyers. Wonder why. I think he did just fine with this. Saved a lot of money, got the job done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: as;ldkfjawpesoitrsd;lkfjga;wlkjf ()
Date: July 01, 2014 09:49PM

US Marine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Undocumented Immigrant Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Like most libs, I hate America. That's why I
> > moved here. I hate every reminder that I'm in
> > America and not in the paradise of my homeland.
>
> > I'm here for the free stuff. Thanks, and fuck
> you
> > all!

I will also help you pack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Idiots ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:02PM

Temper Fidelity: He lives in McLean, Virginia. Pretty sure you're not broke if you live in a condo in McLean, Virginia. I'm pretty sure he's not stupid either if he can CHANGE the ruling WITHOUT lawyers. He represented himself and used logic and common sense to do it. He didn't even need lawyers to do it for him.

Temper Fidelity: YOU sound like a jealous fuck. Don't hate because if you were in the situation you'd be crying in the corner waiting for your lawyers to save you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: TemperhasaTemper ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:16PM

Temper Fidelity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pWF7H Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Semper Fickle Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This marine sounds like an attention whore.
> > Why
> > > contact the media when he could've dealt with
> > this
> > > behind the scenes?
> >
> > Read the article again. He tried and they
> ignored
> > him. It took the press going to the manager and
> > pointing out the law to the management to get
> them
> > to change the rules.
>
> Could he not just point out the law himself and
> threaten to litigate? Or is he an attention whore
> who is also broke and stupid?

TEMPER-- can you please do us all a favor and go to bed because I'm sure summer school starts early for you tomorrow. 16 year olds need a good nights sleep. OR can you go ahead and join the military?? Any branch?? Go to Afghanistan please? And get captured by the Taliban?? THANKS KINDLY!

Ps: I'd love to see you talk shit like that in front of the US Marine. Hiding behind a computer screen talking shit and calling him out is so easy, isn't it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Moron ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:31PM

Temper Fidelity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pWF7H Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Semper Fickle Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This marine sounds like an attention whore.
> > Why
> > > contact the media when he could've dealt with
> > this
> > > behind the scenes?
> >
> > Read the article again. He tried and they
> ignored
> > him. It took the press going to the manager and
> > pointing out the law to the management to get
> them
> > to change the rules.
>
> Could he not just point out the law himself and
> threaten to litigate? Or is he an attention whore
> who is also broke and stupid?

Semper Fickle, Fickle Fi, Brains for dick or whatever your name is:

It must have been so traumatic when you experienced the near drowning incident you had as a child. Did your neurologist tell you how long your brain was deprived of oxygen?? Cause that's the only reason I can think of why you're so stupid.

WHY WOULD HE GO TO LAWYERS?? The Rotonda bylaw was illegal to begin with! If you need lawyers just to point that out he'd be...well, like you! Dumb as fuck!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: whoareyou? ()
Date: July 01, 2014 10:41PM

Temper Fidelity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pWF7H Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Semper Fickle Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This marine sounds like an attention whore.
> > Why
> > > contact the media when he could've dealt with
> > this
> > > behind the scenes?
> >
> > Read the article again. He tried and they
> ignored
> > him. It took the press going to the manager and
> > pointing out the law to the management to get
> them
> > to change the rules.
>
> Could he not just point out the law himself and
> threaten to litigate? Or is he an attention whore
> who is also broke and stupid?



I have friends who live in the Rotonda. The rent there for a studio or 1-bedroom is $1800/month or more. Guarantee you the US MArine ain't broke. His rent is probably more than my mortgage in Vienna.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Unbelievable ()
Date: July 01, 2014 11:01PM

How dare you call a service member an "attention whore" or suggest he's broke or stupid!

Attention whore? Because he utilized the spirit of free press? And he said: "I'm not just doing this for myself but for all veterans out there."

Broke? Because he chose to use the press and not get embroiled in a pointless legal battle?

Stupid? Because he actually solved this issue himself and wrote an eloquent petition online?

Shame on you and everyone who's disrespectful toward this man's noble actions! Younger people could take his lead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: WellThen ()
Date: July 01, 2014 11:15PM

Temper Fidelity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pWF7H Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Semper Fickle Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > This marine sounds like an attention whore.
> > Why
> > > contact the media when he could've dealt with
> > this
> > > behind the scenes?
> >
> > Read the article again. He tried and they
> ignored
> > him. It took the press going to the manager and
> > pointing out the law to the management to get
> them
> > to change the rules.
>
> Could he not just point out the law himself and
> threaten to litigate? Or is he an attention whore
> who is also broke and stupid?


I'll take a broke Attention Whore any day over a cock sucking moron like you, Semper Fickle. If you are educated (I'd be surprised if you are,) your school system is failed you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVYSEAL ()
Date: July 01, 2014 11:53PM

Help them pack??? I'll do you one better. Put "undocumented immigrant" and "temper fidelity" and "semper fickle" on a boat and ship them all together to North Korea... It pains me to think people like them live in America.

I'm a former Navy Seal. And like someone said before, I dare you to talk shit like that in front of my face or to a U.S Marine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVYSEAL loves the cock ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:02AM

NAVYSEAL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Help them pack??? I'll do you one better. Put
> "undocumented immigrant" and "temper fidelity" and
> "semper fickle" on a boat and ship them all
> together to North Korea... It pains me to think
> people like them live in America.
>
> I'm a former Navy Seal. And like someone said
> before, I dare you to talk shit like that in front
> of my face or to a U.S Marine.


Fuck off fag!

I burn US flags for fun and have American flag toilet paper.

Our military is full of pussies now, be happy to beat your ass sometime.

There has been NO wars for OUR FREEDOM since WWII, so STFU until you do something.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Think before you speak ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:23AM

Temper Fidelity:

Seems like you've already been ripped a new one, so I'll do you a favor and break the timeline down to you. The Marine DID point out the law himself. Check the reports and petition. The security told him to take down the flag on a TUESDAY. He and his fiancé published the petition on Change.org by WEDNESDAY(and their petition already cited the "Freedom to Fly the American Flag Act of 2005.") He didn't contact the media until FRIDAY--after the petition was already up and it already had signatures. That means that he knew the law, researched the law, presented his argument to security (and was still turned away)...and this was all before the media talked to him. He's probably the one who brought up the law to the media and why reporters even bothered to get involved.

Read the petition if you want to know why he got the press involved. It says that other Americans are going through crap like this, not just Him. This probably helped get the issue out even more. That's not an attention whore or stupid. That's patriotic and smart as hell! It's easy to call a lawyer. Much harder to stand up for yourself and get the media's attention and draw interest to your issue. I suggest you know the facts before you embarrass yourself online.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVYSEAL HERE ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:29AM

Who let Hitler Junior on this forum? Tsk-tsk Time to take your adderall or Zoloft, young man. I'm sorry the world hates you, your parents hate you, and you can't get a girlfriend. May I suggest a Labrador Retriever?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVYSEAL HERE loves cock ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:31AM

witty comeback

obviously you are a pussy who can not handle someone in your face

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: WhatTheHeLL.... ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:33AM

Send "Navy Seal Loves the cock" to Afghanistan where the Taliban can cut his head off and they can use his face as "American toilet paper."

Wow, that little kid is a cunt isn't he? Someone call his parole officer!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVY SEAL HERE 2 ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:36AM

Thank you! I agree that it was quite witty. And the fact that you didn't sent the world hates you is interesting...sorry, I don't consider typing on a forum and getting a joker of a 12 year old "getting in someone's face." That's how I know you're the pussy...a pussy who needs adderall. Try to stay on topic now ok? You've veered far off the issue, 12-year-old Hitler Junior.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Hahahahaha!!! ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:41AM

LOL the Seal called him "12-year-old Hitler Junior."

I salute you, Seal! And agreed...send that little shit bagger off to Afghanistan. You burn American flags for fun, buddy? What's next on your list? Getting your drivers license so you can go to a strip club for the first time? Suck a cock and learn some respect!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Ignorethatkid ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:47AM

Obviously Hitler Junior over there doesn't realize that threatening someone and saying "I'll be happy to beat your ass some time" can be considered a legitimate threat punishable by the law.

Contacting the network administrators right now to trace his IP address and get the cops on his ass.

By the way: a Navy Seal would eat you for breakfast, young man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVY SEAL says you're the cock ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:52AM

Ahh, ignore him everyone. He sounds just like my younger brother when he was 10 years old;

"oh yeah! I'm in your face online dude! What are you gonna' do...online??"

"Ohhh yeah, that was a witty comeback (that's MY comeback because I can't think of a polysyllabic phrase that's more clever.)

"STFU you Navy Seal because you hurt my feelings and I love using acronyms like "STFU" because I can't think aster than I type."

"Yeah I'm gonna call you a pussy cause I've never seen one!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ()
Date: July 02, 2014 12:55AM

Seal, you are HILARIOUS!!! Hahaha. 2 salutes for you! Someone tell the network administrators to ban children from this forum. Especially ones that obviously have mental issues.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NavySealForPresident! ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:02AM

I love how Hitler Junior (LoL!!!) talks about the military and says "they don't do anything," when he's up at midnight arguing with complete strangers online. Ahhh the youth of America.

That asshole would get his ass kicked first day at boot camp by the way. And obviously on the first day of 3rd Grade...because we've had dozens do wars since World War II. Lol bet that kid was born in the 90's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVY SEAL HERE 3 ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:14AM

Don't worry, fella's. He probably switched to his Facebook, asking one of his buddies what the heck "polysyllabic" means (navyseallovesthecock: "guys! This Seal said polysyllabic! That's a big word!")

Or he's looking for another American flag to burn as recreation time during juvenile detention. This boy gave me a spirited laugh!

On a more important note: thank you to the US Marine who fought for our right to fly the colors. Just because we live in condos or town homes, doesn't mean we have up our right to free speech!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Responding Responder ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:24AM

The mental illness is running wild on this thread.

Why respond to yourself incessantly? Are you ok?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: NAVY SEAL HERE 3 way with cock ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:35AM

NavySealForPresident! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...because we've had dozens do
> wars since World War II. Lol bet that kid was born
> in the 90's.


douchebag - he said wars for OUR FREEDOM!

In which he was correct, there have been only political wars waged and ZERO of them have had anything to do with the freedom of the USA.

We know, you are a navyseal - LOL whatever, we do not expect you to understand the world and reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Enhm4 ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:55AM

Anyone who thinks there has been a war worth anything at all since World War II is just ignorant.

There have been no wars that protect our freedom or borders since that time.

Oh, and they let him fly the flag because of bad press, not because he is some kind of patriot, you idiots.

The original rule was for safety reasons only. No flags, even a Mexican flag or one with your university (Say Virginia Tech) could be hung there due to SAFETY issues.

Only retards make this idiotic shit political when it suits their agenda.

If this was about hanging a (fill in the blank) flag and not the US flag, none of you morons would give a shit.

Actually, all of you would just say "Well he can not hang a flag there because it is not safe below for people".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: WhyistheKKKhere ()
Date: July 02, 2014 08:30AM

Yes, WE'RE the idiots. You're the ones ^ blathering stupidity at 2am in the morning and using this forum as a KKK venting session. Notice how we all stopped responding to you? Because we went to bed! We have lives. And what you say clearly doesn't matter to anyone here...except that it makes a good punch line to a joke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Shut up if your IQ is low ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:14PM

EnhM4: listen good you little shit kicker. Listen to the grown folk so you don't keep embarassing yourself. Because you sound more stupid than the guy before you.

The "original rule" was not about safety. It was about PROPERT VALUE. Rich luxury condos like the Rotonda enact PROPERTY BYLAWS to protect the condo property's value. If people hung anything from balconies it would be aesthetically displeasing (look up the word "aesthetic" in the dictionary since I know you don't know what it means) and it would reduce the property value.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SAFETY, you ignorant toddler. This isn't a fire code--like take the steps to the nearest exit. It's a PROPERTY BYLAW.

And they didn't change the rule because of "bad press." They changed it because the Marine was smart enough to point out the bylaw was ILLEGAL.

I'll say it again: THE ROTONDA BYLAW WAS ILLEGAL. Do yourself a favor a google the "freedom to fly the American Flag act of 2005." You dumb little shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Nobody touches my flag... ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:19PM

NOBODY!!!
Attachments:
rambo3-3.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: WhyistheKKKhere?! ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:36PM

I think "Enhm4's" mother and "navyseallovesthecock's" mother both had sex with Gremlins...and they produced offspring who are "enhm4" and "navyseallovesthecock."

These boys are very angry because they are half gremlin and half human fuck nuggets who can't see over the counter tops when they try to buy cigarettes at their corner store.

Why are you so angry boys??? Get a step stool so you can hang the American flag too off a balcony? we know you can't reach that high and that's why you're so mad. :(

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Roger Murdoch ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:39PM

Way to pick a 5 foot midget actor who talks like he's got a mouth full of JIF as your flag fag.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Roger Murdoch IS THE FAG ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:57PM

Roger Murdoch-- can you and your KKK buddies come up with something more creative than "fag?"

"Shut up fag!"

"You're a fag!"

No wonder your recruitment numbers for the KKK are so low. Not only are you inbred dumb fucks who respect nothing and no one; but your vocabulary is so Unimpressive. (Oh and good morning by the way! Bet you just woke up from playing "call of duty" all night and Mommy just made you breakfast in your pajamas.) awww how sweet!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: okaythen ()
Date: July 02, 2014 02:07PM

So this is a story about a person challenging a condo association about its rules. What is the big deal? The condo rule was unlawful and therefore they immediately changed it. BTW I dont believe for a minute the line about the condo assn saying the flag would offend anyone - that smells of pure BS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: dddd ()
Date: July 02, 2014 02:45PM

^ Agreed. OP just trying to bring on trouble where trouble doesn't exist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: EXACTLY ()
Date: July 02, 2014 02:48PM

Yup. It's pretty cut and dry. The Rotonda had an illegal bylaw because the FEDERAL LAW states:

"that a condominium, cooperative or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy or enter into any agreement that would restrict or prevent a member from displaying the flag of the United States."

The problem are the young morons on this thread who are arguing some bullshit that this was about "safety," "they burn American flags for fun," "our military sucks," yadda yadda.

That's what happens when you're arguing from the vantage point of a 3rd grader.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: EXACTLY AGAIN ()
Date: July 02, 2014 02:50PM

Have any of you ever been in the Rotonda? It's 70% Muslim and people from Egypt, Iran, Pakistan...

I believe in the news report he said security told him that "it might possibly offend the residents IF they cannot fly their own flag (or national origin.)" I believe that because Jim Tracy the General Manager is an asshole.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: 39999 ()
Date: July 02, 2014 03:23PM

My cousin used to work at the front desk of the Rotonda. THE MANAGEMENT ARE ALL ASSHOLES. The front desk..the management...the security...they talk to people like they are below them. That's why my cousin quit. AWESOME JOB THAT THIS MARINE PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE! FUCK THE ROTONDA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: soooglad ()
Date: July 02, 2014 05:59PM

Im so glad the OP posted this. Ive lived in Fairfax for over 10 years and almost no one I know is allowed to display an American Flag. I think its because of some war on America or something probably involving either teh Gays or Liberals.

Im going to do some research on FOX News and get back to you all on this.

Well done everybody...
(also God Bless but I know you are not allowed to say that either because that is what Bill O'Reilly has told me)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: p69jv ()
Date: July 02, 2014 07:07PM

Shut up if your IQ is low Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EnhM4: listen good you little shit kicker. Listen
> to the grown folk so you don't keep embarassing
> yourself. Because you sound more stupid than the
> guy before you.
>
> The "original rule" was not about safety. It was
> about PROPERT VALUE. Rich luxury condos like the
> Rotonda enact PROPERTY BYLAWS to protect the condo
> property's value. If people hung anything from
> balconies it would be aesthetically displeasing
> (look up the word "aesthetic" in the dictionary
> since I know you don't know what it means) and it
> would reduce the property value.
>
> It has NOTHING TO DO WITH SAFETY, you ignorant
> toddler. This isn't a fire code--like take the
> steps to the nearest exit. It's a PROPERTY BYLAW.
>
> And they didn't change the rule because of "bad
> press." They changed it because the Marine was
> smart enough to point out the bylaw was ILLEGAL.
>
> I'll say it again: THE ROTONDA BYLAW WAS ILLEGAL.
> Do yourself a favor a google the "freedom to fly
> the American Flag act of 2005." You dumb little
> shit.


Wrong - it was a safety issue only. The idea that a flag and its brace assembly could fall onto someone below and injure them was the issue.

/thread

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Any Nemesis ()
Date: July 02, 2014 07:31PM

Let's face it,Iraq wasn't much of a war.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: hYvpC ()
Date: July 02, 2014 07:35PM

flags are both long accepted and revered as home decoration

gnomes and cheap flamingos aren't

pay attention for once "mr authority" dip shit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: The issue is PUSSY ()
Date: July 02, 2014 07:41PM

Real American men don't live in homes controlled by HOA's. Retract home,insert residence.
Your manginas are evident......and showing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: You're an idiot ()
Date: July 02, 2014 09:27PM

^ this dude's comment takes the prize for the most useless comment on here. Your ass wouldn't even be able to afford to live in McLean Virginia. Put down 1.5 million for a house in McLean cause that's the average price of a home.

"Real men don't live in homes controlled by HOA's." Lol You probably live in Oklahoma in a lower than middle class area, you're broke as shit. Because you talk like you're uneducated and poor as fuck. Obviously you don't live in an area as nice as McLean. And you never will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Bravo ()
Date: July 03, 2014 08:27AM

You're an idiot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^ this dude's comment takes the prize for the most
> useless comment on here. Your ass wouldn't even be
> able to afford to live in McLean Virginia. Put
> down 1.5 million for a house in McLean cause
> that's the average price of a home.
>
> "Real men don't live in homes controlled by
> HOA's." Lol You probably live in Oklahoma in a
> lower than middle class area, you're broke as
> shit. Because you talk like you're uneducated and
> poor as fuck. Obviously you don't live in an area
> as nice as McLean. And you never will.


Very mature response. But the best you could come up with is McClean?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: YUP ()
Date: July 03, 2014 09:17AM

^ lol says the guy who used the word "manginas."

And absolutely you want to knock on complete strangers for living in a condo? When, in reality, your house is nowhere near the value of an HOA-owned property in McLean. So before you knock on other people with useless commentary, check yourself.

You want a "mature response" OK. You sound like a degenerate low life who has sadly contributed nothing of value to this thread. While most people understand that the core of this conversation are property rights, civil rights, and the ethical gumption of flying the flag, all you have to say is: "manginas."

You're a fool of the highest proportion. Now get out there and make sure you put my garbage can back on the curb properly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Gotta love them HOA's ()
Date: July 03, 2014 10:49AM

Re: Belhaven HOA Story in Post
Posted by: fmaxwell ()
Date: February 10, 2013 05:55PM

Stupid is as stupid does. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty fucking funny. Egos can be a bitch. The
> townhouses are not very appealing either.


Totally agree with you. The idea that the value of your townhouse would be damaged by your neighbor putting up a yard sign once every four years in support of a mainstream Presidential candidate is just asinine.

It's like arguing that a trailer park's cachet is being harmed by a trailer with raised white letter tires -- a clear violation of the Trailer Owners' Association covenant requiring black wall tires.

I have to wonder if the furor was due to which candidate the Farrans were supporting -- whether this same level of anger and vitriole would have been present had the sign said McCain/Palin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: We the idiots of the USA ()
Date: July 03, 2014 10:53AM

Gotta love them HOA's Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Re: Belhaven HOA Story in Post
> Posted by: fmaxwell ()
> Date: February 10, 2013 05:55PM
>
> Stupid is as stupid does. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Pretty fucking funny. Egos can be a bitch. The
> > townhouses are not very appealing either.
>
>
> Totally agree with you. The idea that the value of
> your townhouse would be damaged by your neighbor
> putting up a yard sign once every four years in
> support of a mainstream Presidential candidate is
> just asinine.
>
> It's like arguing that a trailer park's cachet is
> being harmed by a trailer with raised white letter
> tires -- a clear violation of the Trailer Owners'
> Association covenant requiring black wall tires.
>
> I have to wonder if the furor was due to which
> candidate the Farrans were supporting -- whether
> this same level of anger and vitriole would have
> been present had the sign said McCain/Palin.

Re: Belhaven HOA Story in Post
Posted by: Freedom. ()
Date: February 10, 2013 03:38PM

Only losers and infidels live in communities presided over by HOA's.
My home is protected by the second amendment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: YUP.... ()
Date: July 03, 2014 01:36PM

Re: Belhaven HOA Story in Post
Posted by: Still think this is funny ()
Date: February 11, 2013 04:20PM

fmaxwell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The stuff movies are made from Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I'm inclined to agree with the Farrans but
> mature
> > individuals would have laughed it off 3 years
> ago.
> > They won in court but no one will be able to
> sell
> > now.
>
> I don't think you'd "laugh it off" if your HOA was
> trying to fine you $900 for a yard sign and
> denying you the right to perform maintenance and
> improvements on the home you bought. Compared to
> the HOA, the Farrans were quite mature: They used
> the court system to set precedents limiting what
> can be done by vindictive HOAs.


I would never live in a community governed by a HOA. I own a nice old house on a nice old street with trees and friends for neighbors. When a tree falls we form a commitee to decide who gets the firewood and who buys the beer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: The issue is FREEDOM ()
Date: July 04, 2014 08:59AM

Thank You to the men and women who founded this country and fought for freedom.
Freedom for/from religion,freedom to express views,freedom from HOA's dictating how you live,paint your house and flying old glory.
and freedom from paying dues to live in so-called community.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: Dude signed a contract. Honor it ()
Date: July 04, 2014 09:15AM

and no bitching. STFU.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marine told to take down American flag at his condo
Posted by: "Dude looks like a lady" ()
Date: July 04, 2014 09:31AM

Dude signed a contract. Honor it Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and no bitching. STFU.


Nobody bitching. Just being patriotic......and laughing.
Enjoy your freedom.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **   *******    ******    ********   ******** 
 **     **  **     **  **    **   **     **  **    ** 
 **     **         **  **         **     **      **   
 **     **   *******   **   ****  ********      **    
 **     **         **  **    **   **           **     
 **     **  **     **  **    **   **           **     
  *******    *******    ******    **           **     
This forum powered by Phorum.