HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How did America become so Divided? How did we get here politically?
Posted by: CheesyGoodness ()
Date: January 17, 2020 11:30PM

On the Eve of the great Virginia Gun Rally, which could possibly even spell the first shots or the beginning of a 2nd American Civil, it may be prudent to ask and understand, how did we get here? Obviously, nothing comes about nothing, and something, or some people had created actions or rolling the ball in the direction that we have been heading for quite some time.

I do believe now that the division didn't come about with just Donald Trump, as one liberal myth suggests, but it began with presidents before him, namely under the Obama Presidency and the rise of Tea Partiers just to begin with. Trump, later may have expanded upon them and exploited them, taking advantage of the divisions that we're already heading that way.

Whatever the libtards and haters may say, I feel that we are, and should forever be, one nation, or so help me God!

Please explore the history, ideas, and chronology of explaining how we got here, in order to solve the puzzle of putting back together or possibly healing our fractured nation. I have included cases from the two prevailing sides to look over at your convenience. I personally feel that one should make time to view both.

How Obama created Divisions in America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMBYMOTwEs

How Trump created Divisions in America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vyDPN19ww&t=1s

There are many forces that wish to see us crushed within: negligence, laziness, ignorance, historical disdain, corruption, and boredom, just to name a few. Even on this site, which tries to be bad as the forces that see personally as being evil or "bad", I simply ask you to take faith in your country and uphold its ideals going forward, even to a bitter fate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How did America become so Divided? How did we get here politically?
Posted by: pleasrme ()
Date: January 18, 2020 12:00AM

I answered this question in off topic. You are so lonely that you have to post in on and off topic to get a response? Sad
Attachments:
girlfri.png

Date: January 18, 2020 12:10AM

pleasrme Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I answered this question in off topic. You are so
> lonely that you have to post in on and off topic
> to get a response? Sad

Well actually, he had a wife, and then two mistresses, to be exact.

I have a girlfriend in real life, you are still a lonely incel NEET still living in your mama's basement because you have a face that couldn't attract a girl.

Date: January 18, 2020 12:13AM

pleasrme Wrote:
> I answered this question in off topic. You are so
> lonely that you have to post in on and off topic
> to get a response? Sad
Attachments:
download.jpg
download (1).jpg

Posted by: pleasureme ()
Date: January 18, 2020 12:16AM

omg, now I am going to have too kill myself
Attachments:
hahaha.png

Date: January 18, 2020 12:17AM

pleasureme Wrote:
> omg, now I am going to have too kill myself

Ok, whatever. Fine by me.

Posted by: Do a Flip ()
Date: January 18, 2020 10:04AM

pleasureme Wrote:
> omg, now I am going to have too kill myself

Do it Anderson!

But no, in all seriousness, this topic is probably serious. And because this got posted on here, all the other idiots will try to make it seem unserious, or to de-ride the main message just for the lols.

Posted by: The Truth One ()
Date: January 18, 2020 10:08AM

How did we get here? The folks who (mistakenly) believed the media were liberal started pushing biased, right-wing news outlets (e.g. Fox "News") and started spinning a narrative that there are two sides to every issue. In a feedback loop, it just kept building until you have what we have today.

Posted by: Balanced Diet ()
Date: January 18, 2020 10:54AM

What Obama did was to take a play from Reagan's playbook. Reagan conservatism was based on uniting the various groups which opposed New Deal/Great Society Liberal policies into one movement. Reagan conservatism still constituted only a minority of Americans, but it could on an issue by issue basis align itself with parts of the opposition to advance its agenda.

When Obama came along he united much of the opposition to Reagan/post Reagan conservatism much as Reagan had united the opposition to Liberalism. In uniting the opposition Obama stripped away much of the conservatives' ability to advance its agenda by divide and conquer. The country was no more divided after Obama was elected than it was before Obama ran. Its just that the opposition became much better at resisting conservatism than it had been before.

Posted by: breaking eggs ()
Date: January 18, 2020 11:50AM

Balanced Diet Wrote:
> What Obama did was to take a play from Reagan's
> playbook. Reagan conservatism was based on
> uniting the various groups which opposed New
> Deal/Great Society Liberal policies into one
> movement. Reagan conservatism still constituted
> only a minority of Americans, but it could on an
> issue by issue basis align itself with parts of
> the opposition to advance its agenda.
>
> When Obama came along he united much of the
> opposition to Reagan/post Reagan conservatism much
> as Reagan had united the opposition to Liberalism.
> In uniting the opposition Obama stripped away
> much of the conservatives' ability to advance its
> agenda by divide and conquer. The country was no
> more divided after Obama was elected than it was
> before Obama ran. Its just that the opposition
> became much better at resisting conservatism than
> it had been before.

Incorrect. Gallup consistently polled Obama as the most divisive president since it started measuring that issue in the 1970's.

Liberals have imported their base, mostly from Latin America. That is the biggest reason why the dems aren't an extinct national party with pockets of regional influence in big cities and centers of SJW elitism (college towns mostly).

Trump is pulling in support from at least 20% of the old democrats (union and middle class working households), blacks (up to 30% in a few recent polls), legal immigrants (up to 45% in a new poll). Trump's weaknesses are single women, Wall Street, Big Tech, media, and college kids. He's doing better in every other group than the previous GOP candidates. He only feeds the GOP party in order to have a political apparatus to work with to get shit done. He doesn't care about the GOP as a party, nor does he hate the democrat party. He uses both and discards both as he needs to. If he formed a 3rd party and ran as an independent, he'd get at least a 40% of the vote.

Posted by: Making omlettes ()
Date: January 18, 2020 03:12PM

Of course Obama's poll numbers were higher. It has been the bedrock principal of conservative politicians and pundits that all gains by conservatives since 1980 should be irreversible. With the election of Obama the U.S. had for the first time in a generation a president who not only wasn't pushing a conservative agenda but was seeking to actively undermine it. Conservatives went apoplectic. That is what drove Obama's numbers up.

Democrats didn't "import" their voting base. Republicans walked away from it. A generation ago immigrants, especially Hispanic immigrants, tended to identify as Republican. As recently as two generations ago large numbers of blacks were still identifying as Republican. The Republican party's more aggressive brand of conservatism drove them away. The 2013 Republican Party commissioned Growth and Opportunity Project Report was intended to address the issues causing this. Trump ran away from the Report's recommendations.

Whether those minority support numbers you cite are real will be demonstrated by the 2020 election. In 2018 those groups didn't turn out to support Republican candidates in anywhere near those numbers, and Democrats have tried hard to make every election since 2016 about Trump. The one group where support for Republicans and for Trump in particular is rising is non-college graduate white men, a group that has been declining as a percentage of the electorate this century.

Posted by: Buncha Knob Slobbers ()
Date: January 18, 2020 05:13PM

If a person is illiterate, they cannot be expected to have much sense. Their overall comprehension will be driven by whatever type a personality they see in their orbit.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Date: January 18, 2020 10:46PM

Buncha Knob Slobbers Wrote:
> If a person is illiterate, they cannot be expected
> to have much sense. Their overall comprehension
> will be driven by whatever type a personality they
> see in their orbit.
>
> A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Whatever you think, buddy

Posted by: We are here ()
Date: January 21, 2020 10:36AM

Because the American people, on both sides of the divide, are the most petulantly narcissistic people on the face of the planet. Over the last quarter century, we have forgotten how to compromise for the good of the country. Everything now, on both sides, is "I want" or "Gimme" "The other side are trtaitors". WE are our worst enemy.

Trump is just the end game, the embodiment of what we have degenerated in to. We had the world by the balls, but we lost that. And the world is laughing.

Posted by: Earn big money ()
Date: January 21, 2020 10:50AM

Hey did you know you can earn up to 300 usd just by answering surveys? To find out more and how I fuck your mom, visit my website - www.howifuckyourmom.org

Posted by: The answer ()
Date: January 21, 2020 10:55AM

Liberalism.

Thankfully we finally have a president restoring America and uniting the country against liberalism.

Posted by: Perfect example ()
Date: January 21, 2020 11:02AM

The answer Wrote:
> Liberalism.
>
> Thankfully we finally have a president restoring
> America and uniting the country against
> liberalism.

A fucking loser shitposting 22 1/2 hours a day on a third rate internet bulletin board. You are a perfect example of everything that is wrong in America today.

Go fuck yourself.

Posted by: U R Triggered ()
Date: January 21, 2020 11:17AM

Perfect example Wrote:
> The answer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Liberalism.
> >
> > Thankfully we finally have a president
> restoring
> > America and uniting the country against
> > liberalism.
>
> A fucking loser shitposting 22 1/2 hours a day on
> a third rate internet bulletin board. You are a
> perfect example of everything that is wrong in
> America today.
>
> Go fuck yourself.

See, liberalism.

They are incapable of coexisting with civilization.

Posted by: Electing people like this ()
Date: January 21, 2020 11:22AM

Democrats are racist
Attachments:
02northam-articleLarge-v3.jpg
DHSBGyuV0AEa8eG.jpg_large

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.