HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Breaking - Former Governor Bob McDonnell and Wife Charged in Gift Scandal Case
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 03:26PM

Bob McDonnell and his wive have been charged in gift scandal case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/former-va-gov-mcdonnell-and-wife-charged-in-gifts-case/2014/01/21/1ed704d2-82cb-11e3-9dd4-e7278db80d86_story.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 03:27PM by Gerrymanderer2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breaking - Former Governor Bob McDonnell and Wife Charged in Gift Scandal Case
Date: January 21, 2014 03:41PM

The national news media hasn't picked up on it yet, this is going to be big national news tonight.

Wonder if they led him away in cuffs? This is going to complement the Christie scandals. Virginia, we're about to be in the spot light! Not in a good way but its still gonna be fun.

They wouldn't of charged him if they didn't have an overwhelming rock solid case.

Re: Breaking - Former Governor Bob McDonnell and Wife Charged in Gift Scandal Case
Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat II ()
Date: January 21, 2014 03:45PM

Gerry, unlike you, I can throw Republicans under the bus. Personally, I've quite happy for these charges. His wife and he are quite deserving of what they're going to get. May they face many sleepless nights as they mentally work through the scenarios on fines, possibly prison, probation, etc. Also, if McDonnell (being a lawyer?) wants to get back into practicing law, it might be awfully impossible if he is dis-barred.

Now if you could do the same with your party. But, we'll never see it. You'll defend the shitbags all the way to your grave. You're not a very objective person as you can't properly evaluate both sides. You read one side - your own side, then run with the ball. Don't tell me that you look at both sides, because your posting behaviors certainly indicate to the forum otherwise.

Posted by: Tom Collins ()
Date: January 21, 2014 03:48PM

Finally!!! You are going down Bob and Mo.

It does piss me off that they delayed this until right after he was no longer Governor. He now will get a full Governors pension. If he had been forced to resign he wouldn't be. But it's obvious he's broke so he probably realized he was toast but he needed to just delay it until he was out of office.

What is the sentence like for something like this?

And yes, this will be one of the top National News stories by tonight. It just broke a few minutes ago.

Posted by: HEuvx ()
Date: January 21, 2014 03:50PM

McDonnell did a lot of good for VA.

But fuck those herbal suppliant companies.

Date: January 21, 2014 03:57PM

Fox News just caught on. They are reporting on the indictment right after commercial break. I'm watching feeds of all three networks.

Posted by: Ironyismistic ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:03PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fox News just caught on. They are reporting on
> the indictment right after commercial break. I'm
> watching feeds of all three networks.

^ Gerry admits watching Fox News. lol

Date: January 21, 2014 04:05PM

I watch everything and anything.

Bob McDonnell and his wife releases a statement in the aftermath of their indictment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/statement-from-former-virginia-gov-robert-mcdonnell/2014/01/21/90878a74-82db-11e3-8099-9181471f7aaf_story.html

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:08PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:

You sound like you came all over yourself when you heard this.

Date: January 21, 2014 04:11PM

Justice eliminating any and all forms of corruption is something everyone should celebrate. At this point there is no political benefit to be had from a Bob McDonnell conviction.

Posted by: gov sanford ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:22PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:

Did Fox mis-identify McDonnell as a democrat, like they did me?

Little "slips" like that work though, 99% of Fox viewers still think I'm a democrat. LOL

Posted by: chez todd ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:23PM

I'll say it one more time. Bobby and the cheerleader shoulda left that fucking chef alone!

Date: January 21, 2014 04:30PM

I never dove deep into the story about the Chef. All I remember is the Chef claimed to be mistreated and cheated. Enlighten us.

Posted by: Reality ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:30PM

At this point, what does it matter?

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:35PM

Sad

Posted by: All R CROOKS ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:35PM

DEMS REPUBS anyone in politics is a self serving crook.

Date: January 21, 2014 04:37PM

What effect does it have? The next Governor will think twice before taking gifts and according to the charges, providing special accommodations in return. It's a good day for the future of Virginia irrespective of currently Virginia state law on such matters.

Legislators in Virginia are acting to toughen Virginia state laws as we speak in line with laws in other states around the country to combat corruption. That is a lasting effect in itself.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:39PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> What effect does it have? The next Governor will
> think twice before taking gifts and according to
> the charges, providing special accommodations in
> return. It's a good day for the future of
> Virginia irrespective of currently Virginia state
> law on such matters.
>
> Legislators in Virginia are acting to toughen
> Virginia state laws as we speak in line with laws
> in other states around the country to combat
> corruption. That is a lasting effect in itself.

Yeah right, with Terry McAuliff as Gov it will only get worse.

Posted by: Tea Party Billy Ray ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:46PM

All false, obviously the Liberal Media fabricated our beloved Governor!

Posted by: GreenTech ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:48PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What effect does it have? The next Governor
> will
> > think twice before taking gifts and according
> to
> > the charges, providing special accommodations
> in
> > return. It's a good day for the future of
> > Virginia irrespective of currently Virginia
> state
> > law on such matters.
> >
> > Legislators in Virginia are acting to toughen
> > Virginia state laws as we speak in line with
> laws
> > in other states around the country to combat
> > corruption. That is a lasting effect in
> itself.
>
>
> Yeah right, with Terry McAuliff as Gov it will
> only get worse.

Follow the money.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/company-with-ties-to-terry-mcauliffe-is-under-sec-investigation/2013/08/02/da483b36-f956-11e2-b018-5b8251f0c56e_story.html

Posted by: Phony Scandal ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:49PM

Not a story.

Date: January 21, 2014 04:51PM

Phony Scandal Wrote:
> Not a story.

If the Washington Post reports it, it must be true.

Date: January 21, 2014 04:52PM

Republicans, don't be stupid.

Posted by: facepalm182 ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:53PM

but.. people kept telling me it was not a story!

Posted by: Your Overlords ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:54PM

Date: January 21, 2014 04:56PM

facepalm182 Wrote:
> but.. people kept telling me it was not a story!

People kept telling you this wasn't a story? I was the first person to talk about this on FFXU. It's come full circle for me. I was also the first to report on the indictment.

Date: January 21, 2014 04:58PM

It was never ending, there was a new gift from this guy revealed every week that passed.

Fucking Governor driving around our state in a corporate white Ferrari lmao. Some nerve on Bobby.

Posted by: Not a story ()
Date: January 21, 2014 04:58PM

Phony scandal.

Date: January 21, 2014 05:01PM

Terry's sleaze factor isn't going away. Hill and Billary Clintoon even attended his inauguration.

Terry McAuliffe and I go way back. I first started writing about him in 1997, when Mother Jones assigned me to look into a lawsuit in DC Superior Court in which McAuliffe, the Democrats' super-fundraiser, was being sued by some of his business associates. That story turned into something much bigger. I went down the rabbit hole of McAuliffe's business dealings, probing his relationship with a pension fund run by a union he raised lots of money from—a money trail that ended up making McAuliffe part of my life for over a year. During that time, he never returned one of my phone calls and I never had the opportunity to meet in person the glad-handing, boyish "Macker," who first drew headlines by wrestling an alligator for a political donation. Nonetheless, the time I spent covering McAuliffe—who became head of the Democratic Party during George W. Bush's first term—has left me dumbfounded that he (according to the polls) is poised to become the next governor of Virginia.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/11/terry-mcauliffe-governor-virginia

Date: January 21, 2014 05:03PM

Don't make yourselves look like petty bitches Republicans. Don't flood the thread with bullshit.

Posted by: Hilllllllllaaaaaarrrrrryyyyyy ()
Date: January 21, 2014 05:10PM

Date: January 21, 2014 05:22PM

Gerry telling someone not to flood the thread with bullshit? LOL!

Posted by: Ironicalismisticly ()
Date: January 21, 2014 05:26PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Don't make yourselves look like petty bitches
> Republicans. Don't flood the thread with
> bullshit.

backfire.gif

Posted by: A Liberal ()
Date: January 21, 2014 05:29PM

It's about time. It had to be done. Nonetheless, I do feel sorry for what his family will have to go through.

Posted by: Refugee ()
Date: January 21, 2014 05:35PM

It may have not "been a story" while it was being investigated and talked about, but they have been indicted on 14 Federal charges. Now, it's a story. A big one.

Date: January 21, 2014 05:56PM

I hear the government went as far as to charge him with extortion alleging that they weren't gifts but extorted payments with black mail.

Posted by: Mixed ()
Date: January 21, 2014 06:22PM

Bob McDonell presidental run - RIP
Krispy Kreme presidental run - RIP

Who else the Rethugs got? Hilary might as well start planning on decorating the WH...

Posted by: HarHar ()
Date: January 21, 2014 06:28PM

Mixed Wrote:
> Bob McDonell presidental run - RIP
> Krispy Kreme presidental run - RIP
>
> Who else the Rethugs got? Hilary might as well
> start planning on decorating the WH...

http://creepingsharia.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/benghazi-libya-coverup-obama-white-house-hillary-clinton-chris-stevens.jpg

Posted by: NiggerPlease ()
Date: January 21, 2014 06:30PM

I kinda wonder if this was any other company (say, Under Armour) than a nutrition supplement if he woulda got away with it.

Looks like his fat fuck wife didn't help things.

Posted by: Christie ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:31PM

His goose is cooked. The indictment is pretty damning.

Posted by: NiggerPlease ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:37PM

Christie Wrote:
> His goose is cooked. The indictment is pretty
> damning.

That was my read too -- and the "I didn't do anything wrong" argument he's offering isn't going to hold water.

Posted by: cULTh ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:42PM

Can we get these DOJ investigators to look into Operation Fast and Furious and Benghazi? It would be nice to have some indictments in those scandals too.

Posted by: Lackeys ()
Date: January 21, 2014 07:44PM

$135,000 paid to him and emails that discuss the amount is pretty bad. Usually the payoff happens after the people leave office.

I wonder if he will get jail time. The worst part is it look likes a GOP opponent leaked the info to take him out of the presidential race.

Posted by: Phony scandal ()
Date: January 21, 2014 08:24PM

Why doesn't he just get the NYT to write an article saying that it's not a story?

Seems to work for Obama.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:01PM

Rachel Maddow is taking it to him.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:16PM

It did all start with the chef lol. They shouldnt have fucked over the chef or non of this would of come out.

Posted by: Bob McDonnel is a Saint! ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:16PM

Bob McDonnell is a saint compared to Jim Moran and The Late Teddy Kennedy, Look what Teddy did back in 1969 at the bridge. left the girl to DIE you Dem A Holes and you still think hes GOD.Ands there many more Dems with shit all over their faces. Jessy Jackson JR I could go On and On..Wieener the NY jerk and that Ass of a NY Gov. The Gov who needs a brain transplant and a muzzel spewing spittle and hate.

Since you can Uphold such P.O.S I will uphold Bob McDonnell as a SAINT.

And the hate beat goes on fueled by Democrats who cannot Live and Let Live.

Posted by: Mr.Rose ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:17PM

YO ITS MR.ROSE!
TJ'S FINEST COMP SCI TEACHER!
Attachments:
MrRose.jpg

Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat II ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:18PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Justice eliminating any and all forms of
> corruption is something everyone should celebrate.
> At this point there is no political benefit to be
> had from a Bob McDonnell conviction.

Justice? Corruption? When will such charges be levied against the president and many within the administration? Those two words come to mind each time the president, Jay Carney or any of the other clowns open their mouth.

* Keep in mind, I'm being objective. I've taken time to properly evaluate the situation. Gov. McDonnell and wife are in trouble. Yet, the president does things 10x greater and everyone turns their heads the other way. This is why America has evolved into a point the finger at someone else, deny everything, mentality. when the citizens see the nation's leader act in this way, it is just an opening for a lot of citizens to follow.

Posted by: Maureen's head ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:21PM

Read the indictment:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/01/21/mcdonnell.indictment.pdf?hpt=hp_t1

Maureen sounds like the real piece of work.

Date: January 21, 2014 09:25PM

Its kind of embarrassing now. 14 felony counts, guy might go away for decades. He could have ran and won the presidency. Hope that Ferrari and Rolex was worth it. Stupid, I think it was his fucking wife that ruined him.

Posted by: Wha' bout Cuccinelli? ()
Date: January 21, 2014 09:31PM

Oh, so it stops at McDonnell's door? What about Cuccinelli accepting vacation accommodations from the same party? Then when REALLY pressed, pays it back? Grudgingly?

Posted by: Disgusted with Government worker ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:08PM

Although what Mcdonnell and his wife did is extremely wrong, it is nothing compared to what a woman named Mary L. (Denese) Slaey... of Systems Integration and Management, Inc, (SIM) did. She secured a government contract through having an affair with a government worker who worked with Contracting Command. Ms. Slaey actually had the gall to sue GSA for back payment of past due invoices...but she has never come forth about the affair/unethical behavior and recused herself from securing a federal contract, even though it is an ethical violation. She sued GSA because they did not pay her for several months as she did not manage her invoices properly and submitted without proper signature, etc. Now the taxpayers will have to pay her $1,058,722.23 plus interest. The judge does not know of the affair, nor does DISA or GSA!!!! I'm sick and tired of Federal Contractors and Government workers "making deals" on the backs of honest, hardworking taxpayers. I am certain that during both the federal worker and this federal contractor's security clearances that they never disclosed the information about their affair/bribery/favors for contracts because it is ILLEGAL and UNETHICAL. Not only should she never have been allow to contract with GSA and the United States Coast Guard, but she certainly should not have been able to win an appeals case for back payment from GSA. I think she should be responsible for paying back all of the money she fraudulently earned to tax payers. This woman lives in a huge house in Lorton...near Gunston Cove! At least Bob McDonnell and Wife are being charged and an investigation is underway. Ms. Slaey seems to have gotten away with her fraud against taxpayers. I have written as a whistle blower to government agencies and nothing has been done...it has fallen silent.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:25PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:

and furiously "fileting your dolphin" im sure.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:27PM

What's the difference in what McDonnell did and Moochelle mooching off of Oprah in Hawaii?

Posted by: jJDPF ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:29PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> What's the difference in what McDonnell did and
> Moochelle mooching off of Oprah in Hawaii?

No room for your level of stupid here, go and play in the sandbox like a good little girl

Posted by: Breaking Bad ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:32PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> What's the difference in what McDonnell did and
> Moochelle mooching off of Oprah in Hawaii?

Best you could post?
Pretty fucking lame.

Posted by: Survey says ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:37PM

Breaking Bad Wrote:
> Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
> > What's the difference in what McDonnell did and
> > Moochelle mooching off of Oprah in Hawaii?
>
> Best you could post?
> Pretty fucking lame.

Can't answer huh?

Posted by: ifuvoteyouvote4idiots ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:36PM

DEM and REP's idiots will still go out and vote for them. Even if people stopped voting the media would act like it still a big deal. Voting, politicians what a waste of time. People who focus on politicians are like people who read TMZ.

Posted by: on high ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:50AM

Doesn't he like himself some bible readin'?

If he goes to the can, he should have plenty of time for that.

Maybe he can tell people how they should live.

Posted by: Careful who you Marry ()
Date: January 22, 2014 01:02AM

Just read the whole indictment. I actually feel a little bad for Bob. None of this would have happened if not for his greedy entitled wife. Maureen is the biggest money-hungry fake bitch I have ever heard of. She claims they are broke yet she requires tens of thousands in designer clothes, a 65K wedding for her kid, lavish vacations, a Rolex for her husband...who does this bitch think she is? She is nothing but a former cheerleader with a high school education, 5 kids, and a husband who ruined their finances in Real Estate. Real people struggle every day and don't have the benefit of using the Governors office to obtain money favors. She should have gotten a job instead of on her high horse. No sympathy for her at all-off to prison with her. Bob should go down too b/c he was too big of a wuss to stand up to her, but she is the real criminal here.

Date: January 22, 2014 02:19AM

Yeah she seems money hungry as a motherfucker. So mich sp that she had to turn to corruption to fulfill her addiction destroying her husbands and families future. You are right, it ia sad. As this shit comes out she was the demanding cash payments and getting the check payments. She was the one that called Jonnie and told him to send the Ferrari up. She was the ome that told him to buy the Rolex.

She was out of control and Bob seemed to be incapable or unwilling or unaware to do anything. Now she stands there next to her ruined husband both looking at forever and a day in federal prison.

Its literally the movie America Hustle.

Posted by: Gov Mc ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:34AM

Who knew accepting a Rolex would be a problem? I mean, I'm a lawyer and all.

Posted by: TeaParty Jones ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:40AM

Typical Republican.

Date: January 22, 2014 02:53AM

He was a lawyer, a good ass lawyer. Thats why he knew state law was lax and the Feds would need bigtime evidence and more pressing matters to intervene.

Until their chef was charged with crimes and he started singing like a bird.

Date: January 22, 2014 03:04AM

One more thing I'd like to add. I thought these Republicans touted personal responsibility and not accepting government hand outs.

Thiw Governor even charged the vitamins his dog took to the state. For four years it was free ride and time to live the big life.

They were trashy and hypocritical.

Posted by: Virginia gentlewomen ()
Date: January 22, 2014 03:48AM

He had no business running for governor with a psycho wife. He should have dealt with his personal life before running for public life (or not run at all). He was too wrapped up in his own ego and she was urging him on in her own twisted "gain status and attention" mentality. Maybe if she had spent more time on her education and less time kicking her legs and shimmying, she would have had a healthier, more balanced, and more ethical (!) mental state. She was used to using her "charms" to get things and she thought she deserved those things. I wonder if Bob really cared all that much about the Rolex and the Ferrari and the golf outings.

This state has had some great leaders. I'd like to think that ethics and principled idealism are not completely dead.

Posted by: SB ()
Date: January 22, 2014 05:11AM

I know Mary Slaey!! She is my teacher at NVCC and lives in Lorton!!!

Posted by: WUSA9 Now ()
Date: January 22, 2014 06:50AM

Posted by: Not to mention... ()
Date: January 22, 2014 06:55AM

Didn't his entitled son have several run-ins with the law while at UVA?

Date: January 22, 2014 07:58AM

I support this man! Even if he is a republican! Who the hell wouldn't have done what he and his wife did if given the chance?! Come on! There are seriously worse fucking "crimes" and things going on in the world to worry about. The damn man could be facing "decades in jail" SERIOUSLY?!

Posted by: What About Cuccinelli? ()
Date: January 22, 2014 08:14AM

If Cuccinelli also accepted gifts from this guy Williams, this indictment should expand beyond the former first family. What's the word on when the indictment hits Cuccinelli's door?

Date: January 22, 2014 08:30AM

You need proof Cuccinelli provided something in return. If Cuccinelli were Governor right now this whole mess would be a lot worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 08:30AM by Gerrymanderer2.

Date: January 22, 2014 08:35AM

Also all we know so far about the Cooch is he got a thanksgiving dinner paid for by this guy and was out on his boat I believe.

Its still pretty embarrassing for Cuccinelli too but Maureen was having him cut checks for 50k at a time.

Posted by: Independent Voter ()
Date: January 22, 2014 08:47AM

Hope Bob and his wife both get convicted and go to prison. Now if only the lib media and Justice (hah!) Dept would go after any of the many filthy corrupt dems with even 10% as much zeal, then the country would have a chance of moving forward.

Posted by: HtjGy ()
Date: January 22, 2014 08:52AM

Independent Voter Wrote:
> Hope Bob and his wife both get convicted and go to
> prison. Now if only the lib media and Justice
> (hah!) Dept would go after any of the many filthy
> corrupt dems with even 10% as much zeal, then the
> country would have a chance of moving forward.

Never happen. Obviously the DOJ is completely controlled by corrupt lackeys, but the media is the Pravda of this administration. They would rather go out of business than tell the whole truth. The only thing sadder than this fact are the fucksticks who actually think the media is telling them the truth.

Date: January 22, 2014 08:56AM

Yeah, we're better off packing the DOJ with graduates of Pat Robertson's school of law.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: January 22, 2014 09:02AM

This was a very weak indictment.

Date: January 22, 2014 09:23AM

One could say based on the quid pro quo there isnt enough there to suggest he used his office to satisfy the gifts he had received from Mr. Jonnie Williams. But, there are other interesting charges like extortion and obstruction. The Feds have seem to be going many different ways on this.

Posted by: Hiiiilllllaaaaryyyyyy ()
Date: January 22, 2014 09:24AM

But at this point, what does it matter?

Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: January 22, 2014 09:25AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> This was a very weak indictment.

Are you thinking this is "Just for show" type indictment?

Posted by: Glub, glub, glub ()
Date: January 22, 2014 09:28AM

Hey Brain, WTF happened to your GOTV yesterday. Boy, that was really pathetic. Wexton was a shitty candidate and still cleaned your guy's clock.

Posted by: Hilllllary ()
Date: January 22, 2014 09:36AM

Date: January 22, 2014 10:10AM

Hmmmmm Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > This was a very weak indictment.
>
> Are you thinking this is "Just for show" type
> indictment?

Yes. They'd done such an in depth investigation that they had to indict somebody to justify it. The honest services counts and the conspiracy are thin. There are no real official acts to speak of here that were bought. The charges of obstruction and false statements are boilerplate in any investigation of this type. Most of the charges are based on interviews with Jonnie Williams, and tearing his testimony to shreds would be easy enough for a third grader to do.

This is devastating politically, but it's a weak fish otherwise.

Date: January 22, 2014 10:11AM

Glub, glub, glub Wrote:
> Hey Brain, WTF happened to your GOTV yesterday.
> Boy, that was really pathetic. Wexton was a
> shitty candidate and still cleaned your guy's
> clock.

It's a Democratic district, and the turnout was in line with past races in the district. When Herring ran against Patricia Phillips, he won 54-46. You add up May and Whitbeck's numbers together, you get a 53-47 Wexton win.

We performed about as well as we always do in that district.

Posted by: Let's see ()
Date: January 22, 2014 10:15AM

The indictment could be weak and it could be that McDonnell and is wife are only guilty of being "highly unethical". Mrs. McDonnell's actions (selling stock in late December and rebuying it in January so she didn't have to report it on Virginia's version of a "form" is just one example) show that she knew what she was doing was not right. When it was suggested that she set up a "blind trust", she did not want to do that b/c she wanted to reap the profits that were coming (and they came) as a result of her endorsement and help in Star Scientific's pursuit of research at UVA and VCU.

It's important for the McDonnells to have their day in court. We will see how weak the indictment is for each of the 14 counts that the grand jury put forward.

Date: January 22, 2014 11:00AM

This probably won't go to trial.

The selling of the stock and rebuying to avoid the disclosure doesn't have to equal concealing knowledge of a crime - because there was no crime. Williams could gift whatever he wanted to Maureen. What it looks like is that even she recognized that the disclosure would be politically harmful and took steps to avoid it. That's unethical, but I don't believe it's illegal.

Regardless, this is politically devastating and not something Bob will be able to recover from. They've already repaid everything, and there's no evidence that Williams got any benefits from the money he wasted.

No reason to waste any more taxpayer dollars on this fiasco.

Posted by: Luna ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:05AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:

>
> No reason to waste any more taxpayer dollars on
> this fiasco.

Sure there is. This allows the democrats to point to two GOP stars (including Christie) and paint the republicans as corrupt hypocrites. It's called politics Brian. Learn it. Maybe then your party wouldn't be losing so much.

Posted by: GGGGGGG ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:16AM

The McDonnells are guilty of being idiots.

That's enough reason to drag them through the mud for as long as possible.

Maybe, just maybe our Va. politicians won't be such an embarrassment in the future.

Posted by: yWJVX ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:38AM

GGGGGGG Wrote:
> The McDonnells are guilty of being idiots.
>
> That's enough reason to drag them through the mud
> for as long as possible.
>
> Maybe, just maybe our Va. politicians won't be
> such an embarrassment in the future.

You mean after McAuliffe leaves (either makes it through his term, leaves for a Hillary job or, most likely, gets indicted on federal charges related to selling visas to Chinese millionaires).

Date: January 22, 2014 01:04PM

Luna Wrote:

> Sure there is. This allows the democrats to point
> to two GOP stars (including Christie) and paint
> the republicans as corrupt hypocrites. It's
> called politics Brian. Learn it. Maybe then your
> party wouldn't be losing so much.

Of course it's politics. But that shoe fits other feet - if they want to criminalize behavior that Terry McAuliffe patented back in the day, they can make some short term gains to trash an ex-Republican Governor, but it will end up coming around to harm them.

Posted by: What's Your Game? ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:00PM

Brian,

In 10 to 20 years when you run for Govenor, let this be a lesson to yop. Also don't forget to pass the "Sharknado Act" to protect the jelly headed liberals out there.

Date: January 22, 2014 02:05PM

What's Your Game? Wrote:
> Brian,
>
> In 10 to 20 years when you run for Govenor,
> let this be a lesson to yop. Also don't forget to
> pass the "Sharknado Act" to protect the jelly
> headed liberals out there.

That's a good idea. I better start writing it.

Posted by: Reality Check for Real ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:05PM

Liberal witch hunt on republicans. Just like they are doing to Chris Christy.

classic double standard

keep hating God, kill babies, save a tree, adopt a pet, eat a veggie burger, and judge others.

#stupidliberals

Date: January 22, 2014 02:36PM

I think it would be best to support bipartisan legislation being proposed to clearly outline the limits of such gifts so a situation like this doesn't occur in the future and there is no need for federal intervention.

Rather than point fingers for a product of the most lax laws meant to combat potential corruption, which I may add is your own Republican doing, we should come together to make the necessary changes so future officials clearly understand their limitations.

Bob McDonnell is only a symptom of a problem that was has been brewing forever as a result of this states laws.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 02:37PM by Gerrymanderer2.

Posted by: Jail Time ()
Date: January 22, 2014 03:15PM

The fact that the CEO of Star Scientific is going to testify against McDonnell for immunity isn't good for McDonnell.

He'll do some jail time but not much. 6 months and a nice fine.

Posted by: maureen is a nutcase ()
Date: January 22, 2014 05:20PM

If you want a good laugh, google the "official" first lady portrait Maureen had commissioned of herself then what she really looks like. This woman has a completly distorted sense of reality.

Posted by: Facts Please ()
Date: January 22, 2014 05:23PM

maureen is a nutcase Wrote:
> If you want a good laugh, google the "official"
> first lady portrait Maureen had commissioned of
> herself then what she really looks like. This
> woman has a completly distorted sense of reality.

I don't blame McDonnell for wanting the first lady away on a New York shopping trip. God have you seen her? One spell short of a witch.

Posted by: Wika Wika ()
Date: January 22, 2014 05:26PM

Mc D's pic
Attachments:
mCD.jpg

Posted by: Guccifer ()
Date: January 22, 2014 05:30PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> I think it would be best to support bipartisan
> legislation being proposed to clearly outline the
> limits of such gifts so a situation like this
> doesn't occur in the future and there is no need
> for federal intervention.
>
> Rather than point fingers for a product of the
> most lax laws meant to combat potential
> corruption, which I may add is your own Republican
> doing, we should come together to make the
> necessary changes so future officials clearly
> understand their limitations.
>
> Bob McDonnell is only a symptom of a problem that
> was has been brewing forever as a result of this
> states laws.

OK, who jacked Gerry's account?

That's the only intelligent post he's made since he's been on this forum.

Sad fact is that this kind of thing has gone on forever in VA. McDonnell just happened to be the guy without a seat when the music stopped.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.