HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Librado Cena
Posted by: Best Buy employee ()
Date: September 12, 2013 01:25AM

Is this bastard in jail yet or is he out on bail? I was working that day he assaulted and later killed that elderly gentleman. I hope they convict him of 1st degree murder. I saw the video and he is totally guilty. He runs up to the man and hits him on the back of his head. This is premeditated murder. I am very disturbed by this incident and want justice for this spic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Librado Cena
Posted by: Librado Cena ()
Date: September 12, 2013 08:42PM

Me very sorry for death of man. I no hit him hard.

Posted by: Site Search Help ()
Date: September 12, 2013 08:53PM

There's another thread on this case--though the answer to the OP's question isn't clear there either:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1180786/1300114.html#msg-1300114

Posted by: free and easy ()
Date: September 12, 2013 08:59PM

There was no indictment. He has moved to Texas.

Posted by: No Indictment? ()
Date: October 04, 2013 10:59AM

I just saw on the Court website that the disposition is Nolle Prosequi. Did the DA drop the case in this matter?
Attachments:
Capture.PNG

Posted by: Leagle Eagel. ()
Date: October 04, 2013 11:57AM

No Indictment? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just saw on the Court website that the
> disposition is Nolle Prosequi. Did the DA drop
> the case in this matter?

This is exactly what it means. Nolle prosequi means that the Commonwealth's Attorney has declined to pursue the case further at this time. The CA can refile the charges as long as the statute of limitations hasn't run out, but rarely does.

Posted by: free and easy ()
Date: October 04, 2013 12:23PM

I tried to give you guys the inside scoop weeks ago. Why did you not believe it? I also know the real reason why prosecution was declined.

Posted by: No Publicity is Bad Publicity ()
Date: October 04, 2013 12:56PM

free and easy Wrote:
> I tried to give you guys the inside scoop weeks
> ago. Why did you not believe it? I also know the
> real reason why prosecution was declined.

Which is? If it's independently verifiable, FFXU might make the news (again).

Posted by: No Indictment? ()
Date: October 04, 2013 03:01PM

This was just on Patch

Librado Cena - the man arrested in April after he struck a man in the head during a road-rage confrontation, leading the man to die 10 days later - walked out of court Tuesday after charges against him were vacated by the Commonwealth Attorney's office.

Cena, the director of religious education at St. Leo the Great Catholic Church in Fairfax, was charged with the aggravated malicious wounding of William Hays O'Brien of Fairfax City, now deceased.

According to Robert McClain, a deputy attorney for the commonwealth, prosecutors vacated the charges in Fairfax County court Tuesday because "We did not feel the charges fit the parameters of the case."

However, McClain told Patch an investigation is ongoing, and it's possible new charges could be filed later.

McClain said he could not explain the reasons why prosecutors did not feel the charges fit the case without revealing confidential information from the ongoing investigation.

Of note is the fact that Cena was arrested and charged with aggravated malicious wounding on April 18, two days after the confrontation outside the Best Buy in the Fair City Mall, when City of Fairfax Police officers located him by the description of him and his vehicle that O'Brien was able to give them before he died.

However, O'Brien passed away in the hospital 10 days later. Shortly after that, the medical examiner's office declared his death was a result of his head injury, and therefore a homicide.

At that time, City of Fairfax Police said the case would be turned over to the Commonwealth Attorney's Office, and it would be up to them whether the charges against Cena would change.

As of now, McClain told Patch there are no new court dates scheduled for Cena.

Cena told Fairfax City police during interviews that both he and O'Brien were driving on Pickett Road near Fair City Mall, and that Cena became angry when O'Brien honked at him several times, possibly because Cena didn't accelerate fast enough when a red light turned green.

Cena reportedly followed O'Brien to his destination, the Best Buy store in the mall, and approached him to confront him.

The Washington Post reported that surveillance video showed Cena approaching O'Brien and striking him in the head from behind, prompting O'Brien to defend himself, though Cena described the fight to authorities as "two-sided," with both men throwing punches.

The Post reported that a bystander broke up the fight between the two men, and Cena then drove off. O'Brien reportedly walked into the store and told Best Buy employees he had been "assaulted" in the parking lot.

O'Brien then reportedly went home. Two hours later, after reporting the incident to police, O'Brien reportedly called paramedics from home to say that he was in distress with a powerful headache; he was unconscious and unresponsive when rescue crews arrived, according to the Post.

O'Brien spent several days in the hospital, and died on April 26.

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/charges-dropped-against-librado-cena-suspect-in-april-roadrage-death

Posted by: WTF!?!?! ()
Date: October 04, 2013 07:15PM

This is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if he intended to kill him or not, he struck the man and it resulted in his death. Charges of some kind should have been filed.

Posted by: giveaninchtakesamilefx ()
Date: October 04, 2013 07:41PM

Leagle Eagel. Wrote:
> No Indictment? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

"Nolle prosequi means that the Commonwealth's Attorney has declined to pursue"

No it doesn't. It reads "null prosecution". Legally null means empty, as in the charges are void of anything that would convict.

It may be that prosecution declines to prosecute: my ass. when does some unionized gov rat refuse to prosecute in fairfax? never, unless paid off, idiot.

ON THE OTHER HAND. it could mean: it was all false and whimsical to begin with and they had their thumb up their ass even opening the case and finally realized they couldn't win well after the case was opened by them.

-----------------------
latin terms mean something in a place where their definition is known and when people are doing the law and using words to their defined meaning.

you have NEITHER of those in fairfax county

they put lies on the books continually and, according to me, never even learned to fucking read for themselves

---------------------------
as far as the case above. no comment i have no idea.

except i AGREE. you can't club someoen then claim you didn't know it might kill them. you might claim it wasn't 1st degree, as if "i punched him i didn't know it was too hard". but those cases don't always win, as you often find they lie*

and your in jail to start with for being caught red handed (i'm assuming) for clubbing and old dude from behind. quite a while i'd think.

(* some cases you have an honest but large dude who never fights and kills someone provoking him on teh first punch. it's exceptional, that)

Posted by: Enquiring minds ()
Date: October 07, 2013 02:31PM

Free and easy--what is the real reason? He has not moved.

Posted by: Legal Question ()
Date: October 07, 2013 02:37PM

By the same logic you can say this...

I was driving along and slid out of control and ran over someone. Because I didn't intend to kill them, I should get off scott free?

Date: October 07, 2013 11:14PM

Thank you all for your prayers through this diffucult ordeal. I did not mean harm to that man. He was aggressor. I defend myself and feel very sorry. God bless. I now take vacation to Cancun.

Date: October 08, 2013 09:32PM

As everone knows I am innocent! I will be having a cookout on Saturday 10-12-13 from 1 to 7 at my house. My address is 9820 Saint Cloud Ct Fairfax Va 22031. My phone number is 703-218-2964. I have 2 ,huge grills and plenty of beer and food. Please bring a dish and some drinks.

Posted by: Big HAAS ()
Date: October 08, 2013 09:50PM

I will be there.

Posted by: Pope Francis ()
Date: October 08, 2013 09:53PM

I will come bless the food and have a glass of wine. Please invite lots of young boys.

Date: February 24, 2014 07:50PM

I live at 9820 Saint Cloud ct Fairfax VA 22031. Any of you tough guy trolls want to challenge me be my guest. You will end up like Mr Murphy.

Posted by: Irish Rugby Club ()
Date: February 24, 2014 08:01PM

Dont worry spic we will find you. You killed one of our Irish brothers. You and your family have a good night.

Posted by: Librado Cena, Jr. ()
Date: February 24, 2014 08:05PM

Something's fishy here. No manslaughter charges, no aggravated assault. Not even a civil wrongful death suit from the family.

Posted by: Taped Banana ()
Date: December 11, 2019 12:18PM

I watched the video and his interview. Basically an old entitled white guy started some trouble and caused his own death. This is simply a suicide. If you have health issues but then go around picking fights in traffic then hit the guy when he's only yelling...well you can't cry foul when he hits you. Then if you know you are on Pradaxa and get hit, because you deserve it, you don't go on with your shopping, get to an ER. If the old bully was mexican and Cena was white, you all would have a different opinion right?

Posted by: Real live conspiracy ()
Date: December 11, 2019 02:00PM

Taped Banana Wrote:
> I watched the video and his interview. Basically
> an old entitled white guy started some trouble and
> caused his own death. This is simply a suicide.
> If you have health issues but then go around
> picking fights in traffic then hit the guy when
> he's only yelling...well you can't cry foul when
> he hits you. Then if you know you are on Pradaxa
> and get hit, because you deserve it, you don't go
> on with your shopping, get to an ER. If the old
> bully was mexican and Cena was white, you all
> would have a different opinion right?

Elderly people are commonly known to be fragile much like children - a full force strike to the head is almost always felonious assault. When I watched surveillance footage I clearly saw multiple blows from Cena. It's "respect thy elders" not "beat thy neighbor to death". Only one reason Ray Morrogh cut him that deal - his campaign was mostly financed by the diocese of arlington and Lee was DRE at Ray's parish. Other St Leo's employees were sheltered from serious charges by morrogh too BTW

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.