HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Frozen strawberries from Egypt lead to 70 cases of hepatitis A in 7 states, including Va.
Posted by: SickEgyptianBowelBomberStrikes ()
Date: September 02, 2016 08:51AM

Frozen strawberries from Egypt lead to 70 cases of hepatitis A in 7 states, including Va. and Md.

As of early Friday morning, 70 cases of hepatitis A in seven states have been linked to tainted frozen strawberries shipped to the United States from Egypt and served by a popular smoothie restaurant chain.

Most of the cases of the liver infection caused by the hepatitis A virus are in the Mid-Atlantic area.

With 55 confirmed cases, Virginia contains the bulk of the outbreak. Six more cases were confirmed in Maryland, five in West Virginia, and one in North Carolina, Wisconsin, New York and Oregon, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Thursday.

As of now, 32 people have been hospitalized, but no deaths have been reported.

The number of confirmed cases — which The Washington Post reported to be 35 last Friday, after the Virginia Health Department announced that a Northern Virginia restaurant worker had been diagnosed with the disease — has been steadily growing throughout the week.

The strawberries appear to have been served in Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a company that began in Tallahassee in 1997. It now boasts more than 500 locations across the United States, including a cluster in Northern Virginia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/02/frozen-strawberries-from-egypt-lead-to-70-cases-of-hepatitis-a-in-7-states-including-va-and-md/?hpid=hp_rhp-morning-mix_mm-hepa%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

locations
https://www.google.com/search?q=Tropical+Smoothie+Cafe+fairfax+va&oq=Tropical+Smoothie+Cafe+fairfax+va&aqs=chrome..69i57.3586j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Tropical+Smoothie+Cafe+fairfax+va&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=38846106,-77341538,3235&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frozen strawberries from Egypt lead to 70 cases of hepatitis A in 7 states, including Va.
Posted by: vile thuggery ()
Date: September 02, 2016 09:12AM

Why the hell would they get strawberries from Egypt?

Everyone knows those people wipe their ass with their bare left hand, so it's no mystery where the Hep A came from.

Is this place owned by a muzzie?

Re: Frozen strawberries from Egypt lead to 70 cases of hepatitis A in 7 states, including Va.
Posted by: want shit with your smoothie? ()
Date: September 02, 2016 10:33AM

The virus is primarily spread when an uninfected (and unvaccinated) person ingests food or water that is contaminated with the fæces of an infected person.

Tropical Smoothie Cafe serves smoothies contaminated with the shit of foreigners.

Posted by: More tax cuts ()
Date: September 02, 2016 10:47AM

Corperations know best

Posted by: We need less regulations ()
Date: September 02, 2016 10:52AM

This was due to job killing regulations

Posted by: vbnPt ()
Date: September 02, 2016 12:30PM

More regulation taking jobs from Americans. All this disease in our food is for cry babies.

If the smoothie company can get strawberries from an Egyptian sewer to save some pennies and increase profits - thats good for jobs! Hillary and the current muslim in office want to choke off new jobs and bury the American worker just so we can eat food without Egyptian disease-feces on it.

Its amazing any company can stay in business with 'food safety.' Oh and for my lib friends note this - the regulations in place did nothing here. My feeling if regulations are not perfect all the time why bother with any.

Posted by: USA . ()
Date: September 02, 2016 02:19PM

Just think
Those strawberries could have grown here.
Of course they would be picked by illegals

Posted by: Produce buyer ()
Date: September 03, 2016 12:06AM

Some bean-counting accountant pushed them to save a few pennies by buying from the Muslim brotherhood. Tropical Smoothie must have an infestation of liberals on staff.

Posted by: Globalism is a cancer ()
Date: September 03, 2016 12:26AM

Aren't strawberries grown in California? But yet, importing them from fucking Egypt is cheaper?

Posted by: idiots abound ()
Date: September 03, 2016 05:59AM

A sign of the new economy. Maryland and Virginia have great strawberries. And they keep local farmers employed. Instead, they take money from local people and the local economy and send it to Egypt and to the corporate headquarters. The only way that I can think of that hepatitis A could get onto strawberries is by fertilizing with human excrement. To save them a few dollars for higher profits, they take money from our economy, and have us ingesting Egyptian shit. As for me, I'm eating local as long as I can. Hopefully the local mom and pop establishments can survive the onslaught of the global economy.

Posted by: GOP took away regulations ()
Date: September 03, 2016 08:15AM

idiots abound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A sign of the new economy. Maryland and Virginia
> have great strawberries. And they keep local
> farmers employed. Instead, they take money from
> local people and the local economy and send it to
> Egypt and to the corporate headquarters. The only
> way that I can think of that hepatitis A could get
> onto strawberries is by fertilizing with human
> excrement. To save them a few dollars for higher
> profits, they take money from our economy, and
> have us ingesting Egyptian shit. As for me, I'm
> eating local as long as I can. Hopefully the local
> mom and pop establishments can survive the
> onslaught of the global economy.

good luck the GOP took away regulations stating meats origin. You cannot know what country or third world shit hole you meat has been shipped from

Posted by: Herbert Kornfeld ()
Date: September 03, 2016 08:50AM

GOP took away regulations Wrote:
> idiots abound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> good luck the GOP took away regulations stating
> meats origin. You cannot know what country or
> third world shit hole you meat has been shipped
> from

Now all we need to do is teach the retarded democrats that strawberries are not meat.

Posted by: wCNWV ()
Date: September 03, 2016 09:02AM

Point is right on though. Meat or strawberries or dogfood or drywall, I want to know where it comes from. Supporting US production is the single best way to support our economy. But our trade agreements prohibit it. Then foundations get cash and contracts get written, and the 1% becomes the .75% and we keep pulling the D or R lever like we're freakin' Stepford wives. Quit voting for these bastards.

Posted by: EYDXj ()
Date: September 03, 2016 09:28AM

The plot sickens...so why didn't Ds support this? -

In May 2015, the WTO ruled for the fourth, and final, time that the United States' mandatory COOL law violates international trade agreements. As a result of the WTO's ruling, Canada and Mexico have the ability to impose retaliatory sanctions and tariffs if the U.S. fails to address the current COOL law. Senator Stabenow's bill would help prevent these tariffs by repealing the mandatory label, while also creating a voluntary option to help consumers who want to know where their food is coming from.

http://www.stabenow.senate.gov/news/senator-stabenow-introduces-bipartisan-legislation-addressing-country-of-origin-labeling

Posted by: ahhhh.. ()
Date: September 03, 2016 03:01PM

idiots abound Wrote:
> A sign of the new economy. Maryland and Virginia
> have great strawberries. And they keep local
> farmers employed. Instead, they take money from
> local people and the local economy and send it to
> Egypt and to the corporate headquarters. The only
> way that I can think of that hepatitis A could get
> onto strawberries is by fertilizing with human
> excrement. To save them a few dollars for higher
> profits, they take money from our economy, and
> have us ingesting Egyptian shit. As for me, I'm
> eating local as long as I can. Hopefully the local
> mom and pop establishments can survive the
> onslaught of the global economy.

Whoever said peoples shit was worthless?

Posted by: origin of you food top secret ()
Date: September 03, 2016 05:41PM

I dont buy meat or produce from other countries. Fuck that. If there was affordable Japanese meat Id buy it, they have good regulation. Most of the beef is from Australia for god's sake. How can it be cheaper to ship meat across the ocean than it is to get it from farms 1-2 hours away? Thats bullshit.

Go to MOM's in Mosaic and get some beef from local farms. It might be more expensive but you are supporting fellow Americans and not eating some shit that has been on a boat for 2 months. BTW they tell you where the beef comes from - its not a big fucking secret. Same for produce - tell me where that shit is from. I dont want spinach grown in human sewage from Mexico.

Since when is the origin of you food top secret?

Posted by: Checkout Lane 7 girl ()
Date: September 03, 2016 05:53PM

That's why I'm thinking a muzzie must own the place. Why the fuck else would someone get shit-laden strawberries from Egypt?

Posted by: Yonkers Vinny ()
Date: September 03, 2016 08:40PM

origin of you food top secret Wrote:
> I dont buy meat or produce from other countries.
> Fuck that. If there was affordable Japanese meat
> Id buy it, they have good regulation. Most of the
> beef is from Australia for god's sake. How can it
> be cheaper to ship meat across the ocean than it
> is to get it from farms 1-2 hours away? Thats
> bullshit.
>
> Go to MOM's in Mosaic and get some beef from local
> farms. It might be more expensive but you are
> supporting fellow Americans and not eating some
> shit that has been on a boat for 2 months. BTW
> they tell you where the beef comes from - its not
> a big fucking secret. Same for produce - tell me
> where that shit is from. I dont want spinach
> grown in human sewage from Mexico.
>
> Since when is the origin of you food top secret?

good rant and quite true. Origin should be labled

Posted by: Interdasting ()
Date: September 03, 2016 10:34PM

want shit with your smoothie? Wrote:
> The virus is primarily spread when an uninfected
> (and unvaccinated) person ingests food or water
> that is contaminated with the
> fæces
of an infected person.
>
> Tropical Smoothie Cafe serves smoothies
> contaminated with the shit of foreigners.

A couple of questions. Who is vaccinated against Hep A or B. Not unless you go overseas, or am I missing something?

How is this contamination present? Is it watering the plant with contaminated water, which uptakes into the plant and the plant doesn't naturally stop that or is it on the outer shell of the strawberry? Can contaminated water result in a plant giving contaminated fruit?

Posted by: WTF-OVER ()
Date: September 03, 2016 10:42PM

GOP took away regulations Wrote:
> idiots abound Wrote:
> -----
> > A sign of the new economy. Maryland and
> Virginia
> > have great strawberries. And they keep local
> > farmers employed. Instead, they take money from
> > local people and the local economy and send it
> to
> > Egypt and to the corporate headquarters. The
> only
> > way that I can think of that hepatitis A could
> get
> > onto strawberries is by fertilizing with human
> > excrement. To save them a few dollars for
> higher
> > profits, they take money from our economy, and
> > have us ingesting Egyptian shit. As for me, I'm
> > eating local as long as I can. Hopefully the
> local
> > mom and pop establishments can survive the
> > onslaught of the global economy.
>
> good luck the GOP took away regulations stating
> meats origin. You cannot know what country or
> third world shit hole you meat has been shipped
> from

It doesn't matter anyway, you god damned idiot. They'll just stamp made in USA on everything. AND.....you can pack the USDA and FDA with people and bigger gubmint budgets, but they'll just dedicate those to pushing paper, creating fancy powerpoint charts, more worthless meetings and generating useless policy all day.

WHEN WILL YOU FUCKING IDIOTIC LEFTIST COCKSUCKERS REALIZE THAT MORE GOVERNMENT RESULTS IN MORE FEDERAL WORKERS SURFING THE INTERNET ALL DAY. THE BUREAUCRACY IS THE MISSION. NOT EVERY PROBLEM IS SOLVED BY THROWING MORE MONEY AT IT.

Posted by: E4enc ()
Date: September 03, 2016 10:45PM

So get this - now COOL mandatory meat labelling illegal because of WTO and its illegal for FDA to tell you whose shitty berries are in your drink:

FDA is working to identify other parts of the relevant supply chain and will take appropriate action as necessary. However, FDA is prohibited by law in most situations from releasing publicly certain confidential commercial information about supply chains.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/RecallsOutbreaksEmergencies/Outbreaks/ucm518775.htm

Posted by: Pentuple Dump Champion ()
Date: September 04, 2016 09:22AM

Interdasting Wrote:
> want shit with your smoothie? Wrote:
> -----
> > The virus is primarily spread when an
> uninfected
> > (and unvaccinated) person ingests food or water
> > that is contaminated with the
> > fæces
of an infected person.
> >
> > Tropical Smoothie Cafe serves smoothies
> > contaminated with the shit of foreigners.
>
>
> A couple of questions. Who is vaccinated against
> Hep A or B. Not unless you go overseas, or am I
> missing something?
>
> How is this contamination present? Is it watering
> the plant with contaminated water, which uptakes
> into the plant and the plant doesn't naturally
> stop that or is it on the outer shell of the
> strawberry? Can contaminated water result in a
> plant giving contaminated fruit?

Contaminated water won't do it, it's poo on the hands then on the berry itself. Very few people have the Hep A/B vaccine. First responders in the US typically get the Hep C vaccine, but that's a whole different animal.

Posted by: DuUPt ()
Date: September 04, 2016 09:49PM

I think its poo in the irrigation water getting on the fruit. But I think you're essentially right - not uptake into the plant.

Posted by: giveup ()
Date: September 05, 2016 09:54AM

WTF-OVER Wrote:
> GOP took away regulations Wrote:
> -----
> > idiots abound Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > A sign of the new economy. Maryland and
> > Virginia
> > > have great strawberries. And they keep local
> > > farmers employed. Instead, they take money
> from
> > > local people and the local economy and send
> it
> > to
> > > Egypt and to the corporate headquarters. The
> > only
> > > way that I can think of that hepatitis A
> could
> > get
> > > onto strawberries is by fertilizing with
> human
> > > excrement. To save them a few dollars for
> > higher
> > > profits, they take money from our economy,
> and
> > > have us ingesting Egyptian shit. As for me,
> I'm
> > > eating local as long as I can. Hopefully the
> > local
> > > mom and pop establishments can survive the
> > > onslaught of the global economy.
> >
> > good luck the GOP took away regulations stating
> > meats origin. You cannot know what country or
> > third world shit hole you meat has been shipped
> > from
>
>
> It doesn't matter anyway, you god damned idiot.
> They'll just stamp made in USA on everything.
> AND.....you can pack the USDA and FDA with people
> and bigger gubmint budgets, but they'll just
> dedicate those to pushing paper, creating fancy
> powerpoint charts, more worthless meetings and
> generating useless policy all day.
>
> WHEN WILL YOU FUCKING IDIOTIC LEFTIST COCKSUCKERS
> REALIZE THAT MORE GOVERNMENT RESULTS IN MORE
> FEDERAL WORKERS SURFING THE INTERNET ALL DAY. THE
> BUREAUCRACY IS THE MISSION. NOT EVERY PROBLEM IS
> SOLVED BY THROWING MORE MONEY AT IT.

typical irrational righttard. No evidence, no logic. Basically is saying 'dont try to fix a problem because nothing will ever work' Well, it works in Japan - they have great regulation for meat and produce. Canada and Ireland have very effective regulation.

Posted by: 09sdfj ()
Date: October 10, 2019 12:38PM

thank you OBAMA run FDA !!

Posted by: Muzzy health code violations ()
Date: October 10, 2019 05:31PM

Worked at dominos pizza and most of the drivers were syrian sandniggers.
Drivers had to wash dishes, before they could leave.
They never used soap nor the disenfectant procedure for the plastic and cutting wheels.
I said “abdelrahman, you need to use soap!”

He smiled and said “you can just use hot water......”

Sad but true.

Muzzies are filthy people. Muhammad would take anyone with a pulse

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.