HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFx County Restaurant Job Tips please!
Posted by: 2serveU ()
Date: June 17, 2014 06:26AM

Good morning Goregous! Yes I'm talking to YOU! Hello there! ;)

I am a IT worker who has done food service in her earlier life (not serving, but did a lot of work in the kitchen at a nice Deli).

My contract is switching to the night shift- but for some reason they won't pay us differential (boo!) so I am going to snag a server job during the day for extra cash 2-3 days a week.

Where could a 5'7" athletic (seriously I bike 4x a week) outgoing chick look to start out? I would like to make decent tips, so do not wish to start at a dennys or ihop as i was told by another friend. Sure they would hire me on the spot- but the average guest check is like $6 LOL what tips? Would hardly be worth it unless it was a high volume place.

I know I can't just walk into Trummer's on Main or Ray's or Artie's and demand a job with no real server experience. Should I try to start at a chain, like an outback or applebees or something like that? My ultimate goal is to get my bartendering license- but know better than to blindly take the class and assume I'll be hired as one- I'd rather get some server experience under my belt first.

Also- any tips for the interview welcome! I know I'm coming from left field and not food service- so what to say to make them feel comfortable I plan to stick around for awhile (I will I promise! Got bills to pay!) and am not a fly by night type of chick and will properly put in 2 weeks notice when needed etc and I NEVER call out. My customer service skills are impeccable too!

Thanks and ROCK ON EVERYONE!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFx County Restaurant Job Tips please!
Posted by: bobby ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:22PM

Hooters you dumb whore

Posted by: que? ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:25PM

Wow! Biking 4 times a week?!?!? You should be trying out for the US olympic squad!

Posted by: Derft ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:30PM

Please post a naked pictures so we can determine if you are telling the truth or not.

Posted by: Tramps and Thieves ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:36PM

This is not the place for a young woman to look for advice. Get out while you still can.

Posted by: Bruce Juice ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:52PM

Look, if you 2 want gay sex just say so, but keep this shit off of FFXU.

Posted by: chief so of Great Falls ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:59PM

I have a outdoor bar next to my pool, i'm throwing a big party this coming Friday. Let me know if you want to be the bartender. I pay $100 for the day, in addition you will get tips, and all the cocaine or molly you want.

Posted by: F That and Get a Real Job ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:07PM

Why the fuck do want to work in the food service industry. The money shit compared to IT and other jobs in the DC area. The benefits are piss poor.

All you're going to get is a naggy job where people bitch and complain at you all day.

I always get a laugh out of broke bartenders and serves posting shit on facebook about how much they think people should worship them like gods and only speak to them certain ways when they behind the bar.

IT"S called fucking work, everybody in a work environment has customers that treat them like shit.

DO YOU SEE grocery clerks posting "Here are ten things that you should never do to grocery store clerk!"

Posted by: Truther ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:13PM

The average bartender in the DC area makes $30,000 a year.

The average IT worker makes $125,000 a year.

Not to mention that bartender hours suck ass. Weekends and nights until 2am.

Posted by: exffx ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:14PM

You work in the IT field?

Set your bar higher for a part time job. Mybe start looking for a better full time job.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.