HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I-66 construction @ Nutley
Posted by: Ricky Bobby ()
Date: September 09, 2019 01:40PM

If you ain't first, you're last.

I'm definitely last here because not until this past week when VDOT closed the Saintsbury 66 eastbound entrance ramp, did I realize this means forever.

Going online to look at the project drawings for Nutley Street, I got a few questions for the FFU family:

1. Will the construction also temporarily (or permanently) close the 66 westbound exit onto Country Creek/VA Center?

2. How will the proposed double roundabouts work on Nutley Street?

3. Why did VDOT decide against an interchange for the HOT lanes, and if I'm headed 66E, at what point (if ever) can I move into the HOT lanes?

The double roundabouts make no sense. If you're exiting 66E to Nutley North, you need to enter onto Nutley South, take an immediate hairpin turn north, then enter onto Nutley North. VDOT removed the traffic lights, which should basically cause several accidents per hour daily (probably more during the AM/PM commutes).

http://outside.transform66.org/documents/2019_08_30_nutley_exhibit_plan_redux.pdf

Time to move, boys and girls.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I-66 construction @ Nutley
Posted by: Ms Tang ()
Date: September 09, 2019 01:59PM

i have question for you now when drive round circle which way go best drive for me i think reft rane but no sure you tell me now

Re: I-66 construction @ Nutley
Posted by: Mattress Mike ()
Date: September 09, 2019 07:50PM

I submitted that plan for review 8 years ago. I made it clear that under no circumstances should traffic be directed to Vienna, home of fabulous establishments such as Vienna Inn, Amphora and Wokka Flokka Klaka.
I requested that traffic be directed to the Town of Mosaic and it's sister city Lambtown. These locale thrive on traffic.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.