HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Police investigating massive cheating ring at George Mason
Posted by: DREAMERs always cheat ()
Date: April 25, 2018 11:25PM

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/GMU-Cheating-Ring-Uncovered-After-Students-Death-Documents-480871541.html

Months after a George Mason University student ran through a fifth-floor window and fell to his death, police are investigating an alleged cheating ring involving the sophomore's fraternity brothers.

Tristan Medina, 19, took the hallucinogenic drug LSD before he smashed through the dorm building window and fell to the ground on Sept. 30, 2017, police said. He died a short time later of his injuries.

Police have charged 19-year-old Alejandro Porrata with supplying the drug to Medina three days before his death, The Washington Post reported. Both Medina and Porrata were members of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.

According to search warrant documents, police searched Medina's dorm after his death and seized two laptops that had a "bank" of university exams.

At least two people told police the exams were property of the university and should never have been available outside of class, the documents say.

The warrant says police also discovered a text message on the phone of Medina's suitemate to the president of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity that said, "Yo...how can I get one of the tests from our test bank?"

In October, George Mason Univeristy police detectives searched two off-campus houses and the fraternity president's car. They confiscated several hard drives and phones that allegedly contained exams and other academic materials.

No criminal charges have been filed.

A spokesperson for the university said in a statement, “The fraternity was suspended on an interim basis pending the outcome of a disciplinary hearing. That process is still underway, and final disciplinary action may follow.”

Porrata's attorney is Thomas Walsh. He says Medina committed suicide and it's unfair to hold Porrata responsible.

Weird last names for everyone involved "Medina," "Porrata," etc. I guess that's the sort of DREAMER trash that goes to Mason, which evidently is full of cheats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Police investigating massive cheating ring at George Mason
Posted by: You know you're mediocre when ()
Date: April 26, 2018 12:16AM

You have to cheat to get through Mason.

Posted by: Visceral ()
Date: April 26, 2018 12:28AM

This sort of thing is happening at literally every university in the country. If it wasn’t for this freak event, they likely wouldn’t have gotten caught.

Posted by: Paul Krugman ()
Date: April 26, 2018 07:05AM

The new reality. Anchor babies going to college and doing the same things their parents did back in guatemala.

They will not be charged with anything in Fairfax. That would be racist and hateful.

Posted by: h4evg ()
Date: April 26, 2018 07:24AM

Can someone explain why this is and why this should be a criminal offense? Why is it even considered cheating? It isn't like I stole the current year's test. If the professor is too lazy to create a new test each year, that is on them.

Posted by: Every school ()
Date: April 26, 2018 07:45AM

The fraternity I was in kept a file cabinet with old exams, papers, etc in it for younger guys to use and reference. I know a couple of others that did the same thing. This happens everywhere.

Posted by: HowToCollege ()
Date: April 26, 2018 07:53AM

Imagine being so stupid you have to cheat on tests that are literally taken right from class power points or outlines.

I never read a book (stopped buying them completely), never studied more than an hour, and typically it was just running over my notes just before going into class for the test. Graduated with honors (3.6 GPA). If I had read the books maybe bumped my GPA up a few... but who gives a shit.

College is a joke. My parents paid fully for me, otherwise I would not have even bothered.

Some people need to accept that they were born to be garbage men. The world needs garbage men, so that's not meant to be an insult. Just reality that some people try to ignore.

Posted by: 565YRTE ()
Date: September 09, 2019 04:18PM

did they say Berkeley or George Mason?

oh yea - fx co's new judge is from california and so is the republican committee chair

a hispanic from california FUNDED BY NEW YORK CITY (verizon) is fairfax's "REPUBLICAN" organizer

how do you think he's doing ? paid to loose you might think ?

it could probably be proven - but the california judge would NEVER allow it in court anyway !!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.