HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
PE Teacher for Center Ridge Elementary School
Posted by: Hannnah G. ()
Date: June 13, 2014 11:03PM

How easy is it to became an elementary PE teacher? Like my pe teacher is not the smartest person in the school. His even dumber than most of the 5th grders. What are the requirments ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PE Teacher for Center Ridge Elementary School
Posted by: gt3 ()
Date: June 16, 2014 08:21AM

The black one just runs a business out of his school office, Dumb as dirt! The other one is just fat and a poor excuse of a PE teacher. Still both are better than Sean, the scumbag.

Date: June 16, 2014 09:48AM

Those who can't, teach.
Those who can't teach, teach PE.

Posted by: stereotypes ()
Date: June 16, 2014 08:16PM

One never can generalize.

Both of my parents were PE teachers, but they were good students, and inculcated a tremendous focus on academic achievement.

My brother and I graduated from the very top universities in the nation, both at the undergraduate and graduate level. And really we couldn't have performed any better, especially at the graduate level. My parents were not adept in marriage, but they certainly cared about our intellectual development. Our house was a learning environment.

The thing with both of them is that they were ridiculously good athletes - my mother a championship golfer and field hockey player - my father a Div. 1 basketball player and All American in track and field. They went into PE because they were such good athletes it was the way they stayed connected to sports. Plus, for my father, he was a really good basketball and track coach (state champions in both), and being a PE teacher was a means to get into the coaching ranks. It was unnerving to know I would never be at the athletic level of my parents, but, heck, it likely directed me towards academics.

My father did get bored with it and obtained an MBA, and indeed went on to great things in business. There is no question, however, that things were happiest when he was teaching and coaching.

The lack of emphasis on PE is disturbing today. Too many kids are out of shape, and don't do nearly enough physical activity, especially unplanned, non-organized activity. It is not pleasant to hear of lackluster PE teachers. Hiring good, energetic PE teachers should be a focus, as should be lots of physical activity.

My high school experience many years ago was in a northern high school in a nice suburb of a major city. I cannot believe how PE has changed. We had it every day of the student year, and I signed up for Eskimo PE in high school, with a promise never to go indoors the entire year. It was physical almost to the point of brutal, had us participate in sports from flag football (aka mostly tackle), street hockey, speed ball, soccer, and track and field. No coed classes, no fancy equipment, a minimum of rules, and it was fantastic. Late to the next class covered in snow? That was the nature of Eskimo PE, and we never really got in trouble for it. Heck, not for one minute could you fail to be mentally tough. Today, it would be a lawsuit waiting to happen, and even with no suit, helicopter parents with a focus on making their kids effete wimps would shut it down.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.