HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS At Large Board Candidates
Posted by: NWJ93 ()
Date: August 22, 2019 08:08AM

Which one of the seven to vote for on November 5? Only logical common sense responses considered, with others disregarded.

From
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/sites/elections/files/Assets/Candidates/CertifiedCandidatesLocal_20190619.pdf

Member School Board At Large
7 Candidate(s)
Abrar E. Omeish Independent
Cheryl A. Buford Independent
Ilryong Moon Independent
Karen A. Keys-Gamarra Independent
Priscilla DeStefano Independent
Rachna S. Heizer Independent
Vinson X. Palathingal Independent

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS At Large Board Candidates
Posted by: Parents over Politics ()
Date: August 22, 2019 09:54AM

If you want parents concerns over national politics, I would go with Cheryl Buford, Vinson X. Palathingal and Priscilla DeStefano.

I am tired of board members pushing agendas that have nothing to do with helping the schools be more efficient or improving education. School boundary changes are a prime example: we have overcrowded schools that desperately need rezoned, yet solutions the parents put forward are ignored and needed solutions to overcrowding are delayed for years so they can look into the effects of busing kids to faraway schools to try to balance the "equity" and try to figure out how they will do this. What objective traits they use to do this, nobody knows, it is all opinions and politicking, but one thing is certain, we're spending (wasting) money on more trailers, kids are unsafe with unlocked doors so they can go in and out of the school all day to trailers, and hallways are severely overcrowded which becomes a safety concern should a fire break out or even overcrowded between classes. It is insane!

Plus, the board will get parental response (required to ask for it), but ignore the overwhelming majority of parental responses and do what they want anyways. We need change!!!!!

Posted by: neighborhood nigga ()
Date: August 22, 2019 10:29AM

You are going to disregard my response.

That hurts my feelings.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 22, 2019 11:26AM

Many of the candidates for the School Board on both sides aren't worth a bucket of shit. That includes several running for At Large spots. Moon is a known entity. Either you like him or you don't. I thought Vinson Palathingal might show some promise, but he hasn't held up. The one new face who so far seems worth a closer look is Priscilla DeStefano.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.