HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dan Snyder is an idiot
Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: January 25, 2008 10:48PM

First off who hires an offensive coordinator before a head coach? Then the offense has gotten progressively better and players have been learning the 400 page play book, and now you fire Al Saunders putting the offense back two years, give me a damn break. It was so simple, hire Williams as coach keep the staff, and Snyder screwed it up.
Joe Gibbs got this team back as a contender, and Snyder is picking it apart very fast.
Shit!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan Snyder is an idiot
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: January 25, 2008 11:40PM

HIring an offensive coordinator before a head coach is ridiculous! What the heck are they thinking?! Shouldn't the head coach have a role in deciding who his staff will be? Who works well with his ideas for the team?

Can we vote Synder off the island?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 11:41PM by Neen.

Posted by: Eriko ()
Date: January 25, 2008 11:46PM

Yea, this is total crap. It hurts to be a Redskins fan, we're heading right back to the Spurier-Turner era of mediocrity. I'm gonna have to become a Patriots fan, I imagine its alot less painful.

Posted by: slw ()
Date: January 26, 2008 09:31AM

First off who hires an offensive coordinator before a head coach?

The asshole with the check book who thinks he can coach a team

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 26, 2008 09:38AM

If Jim Fassel gets the job, we're doomed. There's no such thing as a head coach at the Redskins. It's coaching by committee with the chairman being Danny.

Posted by: Travis Bickel ()
Date: January 26, 2008 11:59AM

Defies logic but then again so does little Danny Snyder. The head coach always picks his own team of coaches. Snyder always gets a free pass from the sports media in this area, they just kind of half smile when they read his stupid decisions. They never go on the attack and call him out on his dumb moves but praise the hell out of him when he makes a smart one, which isn't often.

Posted by: BoB ()
Date: January 26, 2008 12:11PM

Dan snyder is a fucking snyder pretzel...salty and bland!

Posted by: Irene Butterbean Jenkins ()
Date: January 26, 2008 12:33PM

He has the little man syndrome, he has to be bigger than anyone else no matter what the situation is. It is his team and he will do whatever he feels like doing. What a fucking loser!

Posted by: SKINS 4 LIFE ()
Date: January 26, 2008 01:26PM

Maybe he already knows who the head coach is gonna be....?
I herd williams asked for him as OFC. .So who knows

Posted by: Just In ()
Date: January 26, 2008 01:59PM

Breaking news kids......danny boy fires Gregg Williams!!!

Posted by: SKINS 4 LIFE ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:05PM

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Posted by: MLB ()
Date: January 26, 2008 03:49PM

Bone Heads.....Think outside the box....He's already committed to someone to be head coach. He's just trying to be cute and say the decision hasn't been made yet

Posted by: really?? ()
Date: January 26, 2008 06:09PM

Williams and Saunders both fired. Absent some key injuries the Skins were a real contender and beating Dallas and going 4-0 plus the death of Taylor at the end was a huge feat. Danny strikes again. Back to the drawing board.
Almost like the guy wants to lose.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: January 26, 2008 06:14PM

Dan Snyder is the head coach.He has always been the head coach. Based on his moves in recent weeks, it is clear that he fired Joe Gibbs. Gibbs "resigned" to help Snyder save face.

Snyder simply cannot stand NOT to have full control of this team. If he hires Fassel, it is because he wants someone who will bend over for him at the drop of a hat and he thinks Fassel is that guy.

Snyder pays big money for big names like Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuletta, etc. You know what Snyder thinks? He thinks coaches like Williams and Saunders are just being assholes, that's why these top-dollar players don't perform. He doesn't blame the players, he blames the coaches. Deon Sanders didn't work out? Fire Norv Turner. Jeff George didn't work out? Fire Marty Schottenheimer.

Face it. Until the ownership group gets fed up and pulls Snyder's hands from the reigns, he will drive this team into the ground the way Al Davis has done in Oakland.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 26, 2008 11:42PM

"The process of selecting a new head coach continues, although no hire is planned until after the Super Bowl so as not to distract from the championship game as well as to keep open all our options,” owner Dan Snyder said in a statement."

Cowher/Belichick, chk yer pm's

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: January 26, 2008 11:44PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Cowher/Belichick, chk yer pm's

are they registered users? LOL

Posted by: Tommy ()
Date: January 27, 2008 05:42AM

Ron Hubbard must be channeling the strategy to Snyder. Vote with your wallets folks. Only way to win here.

Date: January 27, 2008 12:14PM

Snyder may talk to Belichik, but there's no way he will work for Snyder while he is on a roll in New England. Expect Belichick to stay in NE until he wins a 5th SuperBowl and passes Chuck Noll.

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: January 27, 2008 12:17PM

expect belichick to stay in new england forever, hes a great coach, but hes really only won with Brady, and a fluke year with Bledsoe. And i think alot of users in this board could of taken the Pats to the super bowl, when they have a beast offensive line, an amazing qb and 3 number 1 recievers.

Date: January 27, 2008 12:30PM

Steve K Wrote:
> expect belichick to stay in new england forever,
> hes a great coach, but hes really only won with
> Brady, and a fluke year with Bledsoe. And i think
> alot of users in this board could of taken the
> Pats to the super bowl, when they have a beast
> offensive line, an amazing qb and 3 number 1
> recievers.

I agree Belichick has a unique situation in New England, but a lot of that was by design. Regardless, he may never have a team like this again. Look at how Mike Holmgren has done without Brett Favre and Bill Parcells has done without Phil Simms. Sometimes a very good coach needs the right quarterback in order to be great. I don't think Belichick would ever get that in Washington with dumbass Vinny Cerrato in charge of player personnel.

Posted by: whee ()
Date: January 28, 2008 07:35AM

Don't be upset over losing Greg Williams. He was beyond terrible when he was a head coach in Buffalo a few years ago. It got so bad there that he was being booed every time his face came up on the JumboTron.

He's a great defensive coordinator, but a piss poor head coach. You guys are better off without him.

Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: January 28, 2008 08:39AM

Joe Gibbs online... basically I now have a NASCAR race team to run and believe in the Lord.

http://www.joegibbsonline.com/onthefly.php?item=213

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:16AM

I'm glad that Pastor Gibbs is gone, but I'm not excited about the new staff at all. Let's be honest, Joe has some mental problems that need addressing and the NFL is not the environment he needs to be in right now. They were becoming the PTL's private football team and prayed for victory more than practiced for it. Outwardly religious people aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer to start with and to be a coach in today's NFL, you have to have all your wits about you.

I actually thought Vinnie Cerato would be the first one fired, then Al Saunders, then Danny Smith, then Bubba Tyre. The Skins need a bigger, meaner offensive and defensive line. I never imagined that Williams would get the axe though. He was the one bright spot.

Posted by: still703 ()
Date: January 28, 2008 01:43PM

After Gibbs resigned, I recall Snyder saying he wouldn't shake up the team.

Stop being a douche rocket, Snyder.

Date: January 28, 2008 02:17PM

More to come...

Here is who is going to get the boot in order to make more room in the salary cap for more over-priced, under-achieving talent...

Mark Brunell
Todd Collins
Mike Sellers
Rock Cartwright
Ladell Betts
Reed Doughty
Pierson Prioleau
James Thrash
Todd Yoder

Why? Because with the exception of Mark Brunell they are all very good and don't cost a fortune to keep. So, naturally, Snyder will get rid of them and replace them with over-paid has-beens who can no longer perform. Just look for Snyder to go sniffing around the Patriots with a big checkbook when they throw out their spent talent.

Posted by: still703 ()
Date: January 28, 2008 02:53PM

Ladell Betts was the best bang for the buck the Skins spent.

Posted by: dr ()
Date: January 28, 2008 06:58PM

Irene Butterbean Jenkins Wrote:
> He has the little man syndrome, he has to be
> bigger than anyone else no matter what the
> situation is. It is his team and he will do
> whatever he feels like doing. What a fucking
> loser!

Hey man. Im little. i'll fuck you up, fatboy.

Posted by: Anywhere But Here ()
Date: January 28, 2008 10:07PM

Simple solution - BOYCOTT THE REDSKINS!

If Danny Boy don't get his money then he might second think his decisions....it's all about the almighty $$$$$

Posted by: The man ()
Date: January 29, 2008 01:18AM

I don't think that they will get rid of Mike Sellers. He is a great blocker for Portis. I think Synder is stupid for mixing up the coaching staff. I think he should have stuck it out with Williams for another year to see how it when, before he decided to fire everyone and start over. what a bone head.

Date: January 29, 2008 10:35AM

The man Wrote:
> I don't think that they will get rid of Mike
> Sellers. He is a great blocker for Portis. I
> think Synder is stupid for mixing up the coaching
> staff. I think he should have stuck it out with
> Williams for another year to see how it when,
> before he decided to fire everyone and start over.
> what a bone head.

This morning Joe Theismann was talking about Snyder bringing in a West Coast offense guy as Head Coach (this makes sense considering Zorn works with the West Coast offense).

This means more throwing and the use of finesse backs like Portis who can operate in space instead of plowing through the middle. That means no need for a FB like Sellers or a guy like Ladell Betts. This should really screw up the make-up of the team, since Gibbs built a power running team that can set up play-action, versus a timing offense that relies on receivers and tight ends working up the middle. I imagine 80 percent of the team will turn-over during the next three years. Goodbye play-offs.

Posted by: Farrow ()
Date: August 28, 2014 03:57AM

Fuck Danny Boy

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: August 09, 2019 06:35PM

Some things just never change

Posted by: Yup je ()
Date: August 10, 2019 12:57PM

At least Snyder is no Madoff or epstein.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.